Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

you know what maybe it was 10,000 rounds they said. Lets pretend that it was 10,000. Anyway why after my first 10 or so rounds was my cotter pin that holds the firing pin in place mangled so bad it had to be vice gripped cause it was bent unlike any cotter pin I have seen, I have taken apart at least 1,000 m16 bolts in my 14 years in the army and never had 1 pin jacked up.  I may have made myself believe they said 1,000 cause of that.

Turns out the guy at Red Rock Defense(the ffl I bought the rifle from) does not even work there any more, I have his cell phone number and will give him a call and let him tell his side of the story to be fair. That will be later today cause right now I am getting my to do list ready for when I go out and shoot the rifle cleaned 1,00000 percent and do it perfect this time. I hope the rifle works but based on past history I am not going to hold my breath
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

POF told me over the phone that its normal and that the cotter pin would have to be replaced every 1000 rounds or so. It took me a good ol fashioned 10 rounds
To... put it in perspective, my M-16A2 in the Marines probably got over 20k rounds on it just from me.

Who knows how many tens of thousands were on it before that.

uh.. a part on a rifle is only good for a thousand rounds? yea that would pretty much blow.
They seriously told you that?  

you know what maybe it was 10,000 rounds they said. Lets pretend that it was 10,000. Anyway why after my first 10 or so rounds was my cotter pin that holds the firing pin in place mangled so bad it had to be vice gripped cause it was bent unlike any cotter pin I have seen, I have taken apart at least 1,000 m16 bolts in my 14 years in the army and never had 1 pin jacked up.  I may have made myself believe they said 1,000 cause of that.

Turns out the guy at Red Rock Defense(the ffl I bought the rifle from) does not even work there any more, I have his cell phone number and will give him a call and let him tell his side of the story to be fair. That will be later today cause right now I am getting my to do list ready for when I go out and shoot the rifle cleaned 1,00000 percent and do it perfect this time. I hope the rifle works but based on past history I am not going to hold my breath

I don't really care if they said 10,000. Exactly how much wear and tear on a cotter pin is there?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Unsubscribed already, because I scratched POF off my list for any future rifle purchase (Yes, I likely would have purchased one eventually as I was eyeballing on of their rifles).  Based on enough people with POF issues it doesn't seem worth the risk.

Subscribing temporarily to see the new video, hoping by some long shot OP lucks out; and GD coming through!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]
NEW VIDEO Second Improved Video

POF got has contacted me, still have not answered the phone till I got this video up

Loading the video of me lubing the fuck out of the gun also right now

The bolt locked back successfully so it!! Some rounds still will not work but I honestly think this rifle will get figured out without having to send it back. All of you that have gave me shit on how I handled this, all of you that supported me and gave me advice, Cody sc-texas, I tell ya what he is the master. He called me on my phone he left messages he has given me lots of support, 100 times the support the gun shop that sold me this gun. I am going to post this on the main page so everyone sees that and I am personally going to call POF and talk to them and apologize for things that have been said and tell them how good of a guy this Cody sc-texas guy is.

All these people have helped a ton, they took the time to read the forums and spent time helping with this

Broadrunarms thank you for the novel you posted that gave a ton of info on these guns, I cant imagine how long you spent on that post but it really did help

Madcap 72
The Lion
Gammaecho22
Chapman
Kolat
NwG
Waterglass
Bradders
Delemorte
Somaliskinnypirate
InfiniteGrim
LightningII
dogpile556
Progun1911

I probably missed a few of you but I just wanted to say thanks for the criticize/help

Still have some issues as you will see in the video but I think you will all agree there is hope

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, I hope POF fixes your rifle.  That's one unreliable POS
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#6]
well that is somewhat better. It is still not very good.

What do the ejected cases look like? Any dints? deep scratches?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#7]
BCG isn't going all the way back (obviously).  I had that problem on one of my rifles (an expensive one at that) until I swapped out the buffer spring.  Seeing your BCG locked back but the bolt forward of the release brought back memories for me.

Wish it was that simple for you
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Not gonna lie, looking at the 2nd video while the gun might have other problems, a lot of what I saw screams mag issues.

Got any metal mags?  I had issues like that using cheap polymer mags for my AR-180 that would fail to lock and pick up some rounds just like that.

Turns out the inside of the feed lips was the wrong dimension (too thick) keeping the rounds from picking up.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Have to disagree with you there.
Bolt lock is only one issue, it looks like it's not even getting that far as it won't even pick up a round from the mag....which means you aren't getting a full cycle.
OP, in the scenes where it's FTFing, is the hammer cocking?

I'm still putting it down to a lack of gas, and assume that either the port in the barrel is too small, or the gas block/valves are faulty
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not gonna lie, looking at the 2nd video while the gun might have other problems, a lot of what I saw screams mag issues.

Got any metal mags?  I had issues like that using cheap polymer mags for my AR-180 that would fail to lock and pick up some rounds just like that.

Turns out the inside of the feed lips was the wrong dimension (too thick) keeping the rounds from picking up.  

Bolt lock is only one issue, it looks like it's not even getting that far as it won't even pick up a round from the mag....which means you aren't getting a full cycle.

I'm still putting it down to a lack of gas, and assume that either the port in the barrel is too small, or the gas block/valves are faulty

If it aint the chamber, I am going with this. He used a varity of mags in the first vid, 10 and 20 steel, and Magpul.

Or the symmetry of the magwell is off.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
NEW VIDEO Second Improved Video

POF got has contacted me, still have not answered the phone till I got this video up

Loading the video of me lubing the fuck out of the gun also right now

The bolt locked back successfully so it!! Some rounds still will not work but I honestly think this rifle will get figured out without having to send it back. All of you that have gave me shit on how I handled this, all of you that supported me and gave me advice, Cody sc-texas, I tell ya what he is the master. He called me on my phone he left messages he has given me lots of support, 100 times the support the gun shop that sold me this gun. I am going to post this on the main page so everyone sees that and I am personally going to call POF and talk to them and apologize for things that have been said and tell them how good of a guy this Cody sc-texas guy is.

All these people have helped a ton, they took the time to read the forums and spent time helping with this

Broadrunarms thank you for the novel you posted that gave a ton of info on these guns, I cant imagine how long you spent on that post but it really did help

Madcap 72
The Lion
Gammaecho22
Chapman
Kolat
NwG
Waterglass
Bradders
Delemorte
Somaliskinnypirate
InfiniteGrim
LightningII
dogpile556
Progun1911

I probably missed a few of you but I just wanted to say thanks for the criticize/help

Still have some issues as you will see in the video but I think you will all agree there is hope

View Quote

Still unacceptable in my mind, for a quote unquote  tier one rifle. I certainly have reconsidered my purchase and am looking at the lmt, larue and knights offerings instead
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Taking a second closer watch I kind of see it now.   My issues just looked startlingly similar.  Specifically ejection, but not picking the next round up, but being able to hand cycle.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#13]
In the second video the bolt DID NOT LOCK BACK... If you watch carefully you can see the bolt get hung in the ejection port, and as soon as the mag is released the bolt slides home.  When he locks the bolt back manually you can see that the bolt is not visible in the ejection port.

This gun needs to go back to POF...right through their front window like in the old discount tire ads.

I feel sorry for the OP.  I cant criticize anything at all he has done, and has put more effort into getting this POS rifle to run than 99% of ARF, including me..  How much money on ammo, fuel, and range time has he spent on a 3k+ rifle... POF is a fucking joke
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If it aint the chamber, I am going with this. He used a varity of mags in the first vid, 10 and 20 steel, and Magpul.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hammer cocks every time, there may be a few times where it did not but  every time I squeeze the trigger after I shoot the firing pin fires but there usually is not a round in the chamber cause after the first shot another round will not load.

I have a metal dpms lf308 mag that works like the others, I use that in another video, I have 5 or 6 more videos that I will put up

The CEO of POF has personally told me that they will take care of this and I do not want to give up on the rifle and just send it back just yet, after today I have faith in it. 168 grain bullets worked and locked the bolt back a lot more then before, no stovepipes or failed brass from ejecting.

The Federal Champion Sierra match king 175g that have never worked at all in this rifle and never even ejected brass actually fired today and ejected the brass but no bolt lock back still.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well that's easily checked by manually cycling a full mag through it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's easily checked by manually cycling a full mag through it

The brass he posted earlier were pretty scratched up one unfired with a dint in it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Is POF not offering to take this rifle back?

Trying to fix, or adjust, a rifle that I got a hell of a deal on, for a few hundred dollars, might be worth the gamble.   There is absolutley no way, I'd be trying to FIX a brand new $3-4,000.00 rifle.

For that kind of money a rifle better operate flawlessly from the start.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey man, sorry bout this. I know you worked hard and $4k is a lot of money for this much trouble. Once you get this sorted out, DSGArms has LMT MWS .308s in stock for $2399 if that interests you. Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's from a misfeed and the bolt lugs chewing the case up, due to not cycling fully
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The brass he posted earlier were pretty scratched up one unfired with a dint in it.

That's from a misfeed and the bolt lugs chewing the case up, due to not cycling fully

That was my first thought, but he said in the caption he didnt know why it wouldn't fire.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
In the second video the bolt DID NOT LOCK BACK... If you watch carefully you can see the bolt get hung in the ejection port, and as soon as the mag is released the bolt slides home.  When he locks the bolt back manually you can see that the bolt is not visible in the ejection port.

This gun needs to go back to POF...right through their front window like in the old discount tire ads.

I feel sorry for the OP.  I cant criticize anything at all he has done, and has put more effort into getting this POS rifle to run than 99% of ARF, including me..  How much money on ammo, fuel, and range time has he spent on a 3k+ rifle... POF is a fucking joke
View Quote

Shit I did not realize that till now. Yeah the bolt is not locking back it is just getting hung up. Gunut has a good eye

The rounds all have scrapes on them, they always have. I actually had one deep enough I caught skin on it.

I feel like I have made my point, I do not want to smear and trash talk this company and mess with a mans business. He told me he will make it right, either give money back or give a new rifle.

Do you all agree that every company that has made guns has had a gun or two that failed miserably?  I know they screwed up on returning emails and telling me the gun worked great and trusted the shit FFL they let sell their guns.

The first video I made has started to spread to facebook and other gun websites and I had 15 calls this morning on my cell phone. I have had 3 different gun shops offer to fix the rifle or diagnosis for me free of charge.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

On my rifle that would happen, but it was because the round orientation of the feed lips kept the base of the round too low, so the bolt lugs would skip over but still hit the brass and ding it up further towards the neck.

Not saying that's what it is specifically of course, it's all process of elimination though.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd either send it to POF or one of the gunsmiths who offered to help if it was me.

I'd like to know what the problem is if you ever find out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The hammer cocks every time, there may be a few times where it did not but  every time I squeeze the trigger after I shoot the firing pin fires but there usually is not a round in the chamber cause after the first shot another round will not load.

I have a metal dpms lf308 mag that works like the others, I use that in another video, I have 5 or 6 more videos that I will put up

The CEO of POF has personally told me that they will take care of this and I do not want to give up on the rifle and just send it back just yet, after today I have faith in it. 168 grain bullets worked and locked the bolt back a lot more then before, no stovepipes or failed brass from ejecting.

The Federal Champion Sierra match king 175g that have never worked at all in this rifle and never even ejected brass actually fired today and ejected the brass but no bolt lock back still.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honest question, please don't take it the wrong way....but after all this you still have faith it will go boom every time you need it to? Is it just a bench gun? Guess it's ok if so. If you plan on using this for anything more, I just don't see how you could potentially bet your life on this particular gun. Oh, and I wouldn't feel bad about talking about POF- they weren't going to do anything until being publicly shamed. Hardly what I would call stellar customer service. But then again, they didn't call you a whiny bitch like the guy in the other thread, so there's that!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'd either send it to POF or one of the gunsmiths who offered to help if it was me.

View Quote

That is why I am not going to delete this thread or change anything. We will get it figured out and now I have support to make sure that happens and that is what I wanted in the first place till I made this thread.

My ultimate main point has been proven and that is what I wanted to get across. I am now uploading a video of me lubeing the rifle so people cant say I did that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#26]
$4k!?!

Holy shit!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That is why I am not going to delete this thread or change anything. We will get it figured out and now I have support to make sure that happens and that is what I wanted in the first place till I made this thread.

My ultimate main point has been proven and that is what I wanted to get across. I am now uploading a video of me lubeing the rifle so people cant say I did that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well you can bet I will be all ears come the day you do find out. Dont let em shit you around either, that gun has never been up to snuff.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Finally got one of these today, someone asked if the round ever turns around in the chamber after I fire but cant find that post, they said it means something but its a interesting pic to say the least

image hosting over 10mb" />
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#29]
The only time I've seen the retaining pin take a beating is when fired with a can. More pressure, more beating the firing pin around.

It's obvious this rifle is over or under gassed, looking at the vid on small screen I can't tell which. My guess is over, it's running over and scratching the next round in the mag instead of pushing it in. That may explain the pin?

I would think under you would see more double feeds.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Finally got one of these today, someone asked if the round ever turns around in the chamber after I fire but cant find that post, they said it means something but its a interesting pic to say the least

http://<a href=http://s14.postimg.org/548z299n5/IMG_2375_1.jpg</a> image hosting over 10mb" />
View Quote

That gun has about every type of malfunction there is.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#31]
My camera man almost making the mistake my neighbor did when he cut his finger in half putting a bore sight in the barrel. He was damn near about to put his finger in that upper

Another video of rifle out for blood
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://s14.postimg.org/548z299n5/IMG_2375_1.jpg</a> image hosting over 10mb" />

Agreed, it just keeps on shiting the bed.

Does the BCG cycle smooth? Try it with an empty mag, bolt released depressed. Maybe even bolt lugs/ barrel extension jacked up not keeping it locked up properly.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#33]
just send it back and let POF make it right, if the CEO offered let him make good on it.

"The CEO of POF has personally told me that they will take care of this and I do not want to give up on the rifle and just send it back just yet"
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Maybe POF sent you their malf. training rifle model.

In all seriousness though get your money back,4k will get you some serious quality and customer service.There are a lot of 7.62 AR pattern rifles out there with a better track record than POF.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#35]
I am so glad my PTR91 runs 100%.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Shit I did not realize that till now. Yeah the bolt is not locking back it is just getting hung up. Gunut has a good eye

The rounds all have scrapes on them, they always have. I actually had one deep enough I caught skin on it.

I feel like I have made my point, I do not want to smear and trash talk this company and mess with a mans business. He told me he will make it right, either give money back or give a new rifle.

Do you all agree that every company that has made guns has had a gun or two that failed miserably?  I know they screwed up on returning emails and telling me the gun worked great and trusted the shit FFL they let sell their guns.

The first video I made has started to spread to facebook and other gun websites and I had 15 calls this morning on my cell phone. I have had 3 different gun shops offer to fix the rifle or diagnosis for me free of charge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then send it back, let them fix it and reduce the damage to them and your time....
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#37]
OP, could I trouble you for links on vids of your chamber cleaning and BCG lube.
I'd like to give that a try before my first range trip.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#38]
When I first took my son shooting with an AR he was around 6-ish IIRC.
He wanted to know if the rifle kicked.
I held it with only the pistol grip and very so lightly I put the but stock to my chin.

It did what it is supposed to do, bang, bang, bang, etc etc etc.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:14:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
OP, could I trouble you for links on vids of your chamber cleaning and BCG lube.
I'd like to give that a try before my first range trip.
Thanks!
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m570/highrailjon/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zps8b31b8ba.jpg
View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFN4Ar4exDpIdvJvsL80UQ

Shows me polishing chamber and gas system
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:23:50 PM EDT
[#40]
I have one of the early model POF upper only.  The one with two gas setting attained by switching front to back.  I've never had one single problem with it and so far I don't even have carrier tilt marks.......so there is hope OP.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:10:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They screwed up early, you deserve a new Rifle or a refund but that should be your choice, not to mention the time and money you put into it, you just can't buy this kind of publicity
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:11:44 AM EDT
[#42]
The video of your neighbor reminds me of a gun that had a loose gas block. The gas block would sometimes line up of you shook it just right and run half a mag.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:48:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The video of your neighbor reminds me of a gun that had a loose gas block. The gas block would sometimes line up of you shook it just right and run half a mag.
View Quote

You sure you weren't just limp wristing it?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:42:36 AM EDT
[#44]
POF has offered to take it in. Take them up on it. Even if you get it running, there will be a doubt in your mind about it.
Send it in for an exchange.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:00:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
POF has offered to take it in. Take them up on it. Even if you get it running, there will be a doubt in your mind about it.
Send it in for an exchange.
View Quote

This...........you have spent enough time on this fucking lemon.

Get POF to refund your money or get a new rifle.

FWIW, I'd just get a refund and buy from another manufacturer.

I'm sorry OP but that rifle is a POS IMHO.

Bolt doesn't lock back.......way too many FTF's, etc.

I mean, to add insult to injury, you have had to buy about $1,000 in fucking ammo to try and get this lemon working...........ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

You should NOT have to be going through this.

It is nice that POF recognizes the problem and wants to correct it though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Glad to hear that POF is standing behind it
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

lol

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Glad to hear that POF is standing behind it
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My camera man almost making the mistake my neighbor did when he cut his finger in half putting a bore sight in the barrel. He was damn near about to put his finger in that upper

Another video of rifle out for blood
View Quote

the brass that ejects, looks like its falling out of the gun with no force at all...

POF should send u a prepaid UPS label to ship it back to them.. BEFORE shipping it back to you, then need to send YOU a video showing its working RIGHT, with MORE than 1 type of ammo.

and showing proper FORCEFUL ejection...

the bolt is NOT cycling right at all...

brass SHOULD be ejecting 4 to 6ft away from that gun...
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I am so glad my PTR91 runs 100%.
View Quote

Me too, gi model, never been cleaned (even after first getting it), only $870, and around 350 rounds through it.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top