Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
If their CEO overrode their initial response of 'its fixed, go away' then I'd send it in ASAP.

If he/they get it and ask you what you want to do after this entire ordeal and offer either a refund or a new rifle ; take the refund and just get a KAC SR25.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder how much of this was the LGS v. POF?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#3]
keep this at the top   !!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder how much of this was the LGS v. POF?
View Quote

Kind of wondering that too based on what the OP said about the LGS douchebag.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Me too, gi model, never been cleaned (even after first getting it), only $870, and around 350 rounds through it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am so glad my PTR91 runs 100%.

Me too, gi model, never been cleaned (even after first getting it), only $870, and around 350 rounds through it.

Pfft.

PTRs are for hipsters and democrats.

FAL is the answer to this mans troubles.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Pfft.

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2gx4bvd.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pfft.

how heavy is that one?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:55:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Pfft.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pfft.

dont have to adjust a gas regulator on on HK

I have a spare imbel receiver and an STG58 kit and I've been thinking about building a SBR FAL,hate to mess up a nice STG kit so I might sell it and get a DSA upper

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Thid  is normal with these guns u need to make sure it  is worn in, as the fluted chamber needs a least 250 rounds through it before it will fuction normally.
I had a v51 which was the same way, but after it was broke in, it runs like sewing machine.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:13:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thid  is normal with these guns u need to make sure it  is worn in, as the fluted chamber needs a least 250 rounds through it before it will fuction normally.
I had a v51 which was the same way, but after it was broke in, it runs like sewing machine.
View Quote

Dude, seriously
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:22:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

POF has offered to take it in. Take them up on it. Even if you get it running, there will be a doubt in your mind about it.

Send it in for an exchange.
View Quote
God, this times 1,000.

I dunno why the fuck you would continue to waste time and money on this rifle because... it is getting better?  I wouldn't dick around this much trying to get a $600 PSA AR running right... and you should not have to either.

Fuck that shit.  Talk to that CEO and get a goddamn perfect fucking replacement rifle (this kind of issue... the replacement you get WILL be perfect...) and ask for some compensation for your time and wasted ammo.  Or a complete refund.

You keep throwing more time and money at this pig when the CEO has offered to take care of you... well... you have nobody else to blame at that point and deserve all the bullshit it will continue to give you.

But I gotta tell you... if you choose to keep fucking with it... that's dumb as shit.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:02:34 AM EDT
[#11]
He is working with me and I am asking for a full refund and that is it. Everyone agrees that I have tried more then enough and put enough time and money into making sure the rifle is not working right. Every gun company I am sure has bad weapons made from time to time and I was the unlucky one. Out of the 14 guns I have bought in my life this is the first that did not work perfect so I was due for a lemon.

Also whats LGS?? if thats the gun shop I bought the rifle from they are the reason the rilfe never got any attention from POF after POF first fixed it cause gun shop said it was working great and they believed every thing he said. A gun shop that cant even answer their phones or have a empty voice mail.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:56:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
how heavy is that one?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pfft.

how heavy is that one?

I'll say, as it sits, just under 13#

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:59:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pfft.

how heavy is that one?

I'm betting 11.5#

LGS stands for local gun store.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#14]
"damn I'll say, as it sits, just under 13# "

"I'm betting 11.5# "

damn thing must solid as a brick, never shot that platform before.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I finally took my POF back out to the range today. It seems my issues were two fold.
1) may have been an issue gas setting incorrect/something out of place causing it to go into single fire only or appear to short stroke

2) Definitely ammo related.
Second issue is what I ran into today (and before - just didn't realize it). Magtech ammo sucks  - at least for this riffle. Their brass is way too soft. Check this (bottom two are CBC (MagTech), top is Lake City):

Every Magtech round looked like this. Every Lake City round was fine and hardly scratched. Some  CBC/Magtech rounds partially came out of the chamber only to result in a double feed. Finally, one of the Magtech's case rim broke and the case is still in the chamber - yeah, yeah.. I know.. bring a cleaning rod with you to the range and all

I followed some of the advice on this thread and polished the chamber - that seems to have helped. But, I will stay away from that Brazilian ammo from now on.

Here's the result at 100 yards (Lake City on left, CBC on right) - ignore the round that hit the "Dual Color" label on the rightmost target as that was a 5.56 flyer round from another target earlier

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"damn I'll say, as it sits, just under 13# "

"I'm betting 11.5# "

damn thing must solid as a brick, never shot that platform before.
View Quote

It is, good ergonomics, and the weight is where it should be for the gun to be controllable and handle well for a 11-13 pound gun. I havent shot an SBR version. I have used the 13.5" model with Perm flash hider. It is ear splittingly tits.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Broadrunarms thank you for the novel you posted that gave a ton of info on these guns, I cant imagine how long you spent on that post but it really did help

View Quote

You are quite welcome.

I am an engineer and a scientist, so a systematic approach to problem identification, data collection, and solutions development and testing is what I know to do when baffled by some problem.

Let me also put in a plug for taking an NRA Introduction to Metallic Cartridge Reloading course. You'll learn the basics of reloading, including the use of a dial caliper.  In the interest of full disclosure I am an NRA Metalic Cartridge Reloading instructor and Training Counselor, but I'd recommend that course even if I weren't.

Then buy Bryan Litz' books Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting : Understanding the elements and application of external ballistics for successful long range target shooting and Hunting and Accuracy and Precision for Long Range Shooting: A Practical Guide for Riflemen. Those are the two best books I've ever read on the subject.

Then buy a reloading setup and start loading your own.  You can make ammunition yourself that is not only tuned to your rifle but that uses components superior to what is available in commercially loaded ammunition.

I hope all works out for you.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I finally took my POF back out to the range today. It seems my issues were two fold.

1) may have been an issue gas setting incorrect/something out of place causing it to go into single fire only or appear to short stroke

Second issue is what I ran into today (and before - just didn't realize it). Magtech ammo sucks  - at least for this riffle. Their brass is way too soft. Check this (bottom two are CBC (MagTech), top is Lake City):

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=67106

Every Magtech round looked like this. Every Lake City round was fine and hardly scratched. Some  CBC/Magtech rounds partially came out of the chamber only to result in a double feed. Finally, one of the Magtech's case rim broke and the case is still in the chamber - yeah, yeah.. I know.. bring a cleaning rod with you to the range and all

I followed some of the advice on this thread and polished the chamber - that seems to have helped. But, I will stay away from that Brazilian ammo from now on.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=67107

Here's the result at 100 yards (Lake City on left, CBC on right) - ignore the round that hit the "Dual Color" label on the rightmost target as that was a 5.56 flyer round from another target earlier

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=67108

View Quote

Soft brass? Ha.

You got a lemon.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#19]
LOL your gun is the exact same one as mine. You are straight fucked like me. I just logged back onto ar15.com to edit my first post saying that POF is working with me and say they are not cause it has been 2 weeks since they promised to fix this and I still have a worthless piece of shit gun sitting in my house with nothing solved. I am ordering a case of wolf ammo today and I am going to show my rifle working perfect with that shit ammo and then put 11 different custom top of the line match grade ammo in my rifle and show every single one of them fail. I will not stop camera I will not edit, I am so sick of this fucking POF company and all their horrible customer service. Its on starting today, I have a lot of support I have got from this forum and youtube and I am going to use all this to get this company to listen to me.

Happy 4 month aniversary POF. That is how long its been since I have been trying to get this problem solved. CHEERS!!!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#20]
There is either a gas problem, or a bolt problem. Your empty brass is just dribbling out of that thing, a .308 should punch brass more than 4 or 5 feet. If the bolt is getting hung up, you'd likely see some excessive wear, but I wonder if maybe the upper or bolt is out of spec and bleeding off energy. Either would explain why certain ammo works better than others (hotter ammo = more gas) and perhaps why running it dripping wet would help (reduces the friction from what ever is causing the bolt to slow down).

This is disgusting, and at this point, I don't know if a full refund would even satisfy me, they'd have to replace my ammo for having to run so many tests just to arrive back at the problem being the gun.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
LOL your gun is the exact same one as mine. You are straight fucked like me. I just logged back onto ar15.com to edit my first post saying that POF is working with me and say they are not cause it has been 2 weeks since they promised to fix this and I still have a worthless piece of shit gun sitting in my house with nothing solved. I am ordering a case of wolf ammo today and I am going to show my rifle working perfect with that shit ammo and then put 11 different custom top of the line match grade ammo in my rifle and show every single one of them fail. I will not stop camera I will not edit, I am so sick of this fucking POF company and all their horrible customer service. Its on starting today, I have a lot of support I have got from this forum and youtube and I am going to use all this to get this company to listen to me.

Happy 4 month aniversary POF. That is how long its been since I have been trying to get this problem solved. CHEERS!!!!
View Quote

I assumed POF would have sent you a return shipping label and they were working on your rifle by now.

What the fuck is going on with them!!??

Something is way.........WAY off base here.

POF:  Send him a return shipping label for god's sake.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I assumed POF would have sent you a return shipping label and they were working on your rifle by now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No,they should send him a check for the purchase price of the rifle with reimbursement for the ammo he wasted.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No,they should send him a check for the purchase price of the rifle with reimbursement for the ammo he wasted.
View Quote

My God...........this entire scenario has gone on for too long...........POF should be doing SOMETHING to fix this.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I was so damn close to buying that POF .308 on the EE, glad I saw this thread! If 1% of this is true, no thanks.

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow, I thought the owner assured you he would make it right.  If I'm understanding this all correctly, it sounds like POF's word means nothing.

Edit: Update the thread in their forum.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Their reputation is becoming mud. Why aren't they remedying this?
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My God...........this entire scenario has gone on for too long...........POF should be doing SOMETHING to fix this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are absolutely right,they should have done something by now,but they haven't. The OP is a patient man,I would have lost my mind and launched a scorched earth PR campaign against POS POF as soon as they showed no intent on resolving the issue.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 6:00:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

We simply DO NOT know.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

We simply DO NOT know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We simply DO NOT know.

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Lol I thought it was the 8th so I guess it's 3 more days till the grand 4 month anniversary. If anyone thinks I am making any of this up call POF and ask them about Jeff. They all know me by now. I left 1 phone call and message with them the last 2 days. No call back though. It's quite regular with POF to not return phone calls though. POF customer service # 623-561-9572

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:08:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Damn. this is bullshit!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:17:36 AM EDT
[#32]
POF, change your name to POS.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:54:56 AM EDT
[#33]
poof. Customer disservice at its finest.

Good luck op.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 1:34:51 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

I still think this is a chamber issue, seeing those makes me think so even more. The brass is getting stuck in the chamber and causing hard extractions or failure to fully cycle.

I had it happen from an ultramatch barrel I ordered from rainerarms, but they sent me a new one out asap.

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 1:37:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I still think this is a chamber issue, seeing those makes me think so even more. The brass is getting stuck in the chamber and causing hard extractions or failure to fully cycle.
I had it happen from an ultramatch barrel I ordered from rainerarms, but they sent me a new one out asap.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think SirJeffs gun also has a bad chamber.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:34:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Damn, this has been an interesting thread.  OP, best of luck in dealing with the owner.   I tried that route as well, it got me nowhere.  The only helpful person there was one of the shop guys, I don't recall his name, only that he was/is a Marine.  He was squared away and even told me that the owner wasn't listening to him and he didn't know what to do.  He was pissed as well.    I think my situation went on for about 6 -8 weeks of them having my rifle and the owner not answering my phone calls and totally avoiding me.  I got lucky though, one of my co-workers had a friend at the BATF who gave the owner a courtesy call for me.  That got his attention as he called me alright.  He called me every name in the book.  But hey, what's a guy to do.  They pretty much held my gun hostage.  I tried asking for a refund and got called more names.  I was lucky again as I bought it from Rainier Arms and the owner there squared me away with a refund.  

OP, best of luck to you.  The owner is a classic narcissist.  I sincerely hope that you get your money back.  I really liked the platform, so I found Hogan Guns and bought one of theirs.  It cycled pretty much everything and ran like a champ.  If you get your money back, perhaps you should look at a PWS, or an LWRC since you want a .308.  OR, you could do what I did and unload the AR-10 and go with a SCAR 17S.  I am so happy that I went in that direction.  The SCAR is a beautiful machine.  Good luck to you sir.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Bumping this so everyone will be aware of how shitty POF products/customer service is. Good luck OP.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:22:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

3 letters should solve all your issues:
L
M
T
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#39]
I can't believe that I forgot to include LMT in my post above.  I don't know anything about their customer service, but their rifles are really nice.  I shot a buddy's and was every impressed.  As far as POF, we call it Poof.  Start digging into their background and what you find may surprise you.  They apparently owed Hogan Manufacturing aka Hogan Guns a lot of money.  This and the owner being such an asshole were the predominate reasons for the split from my understanding.  Just watch the videos of the owner shooting his P308.  It's quite clear he has not the fist clue about what he is doing.  He thinks he does, but that's a classic narcissist for ya.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#40]
This thread really could benefit from being in the piston section of the AR-15 threads.  It would let others know what's going on who don't generally check the GD.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a friend the had a POF P-308 that had the same problems as the OP. He lives in Flagstaff, AZ and sent it back 2X with the same BS, it works fine. It had the same exact problems on return both times. Fortunately he had business in Scottsdale, AZ and took it to the factory. After a few hour wait they had it running to his satisfaction. He tested it when he got home with his own hand loaded ammo and it worked fine. IIRC they changed out his entire upper and BCG. He promptly sold the POF.
I hope the OP finally get his P-308 fixed. I guess I have been lucky I have a POF 415 and a P-308  both are well under 1 moa 5 shoot 100 yard shooters I have never had a problem with either one. I guess even a blind squirrel will occasionally find an acorn.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#42]
It'd be cool if we could set up a fire mission to call POF relentlessly and get this man some fucking service.

Glad I've read this post because my two friends were looking into a .308 ar, I said stay away from POF.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It'd be cool if we could set up a fire mission to call POF relentlessly and get this man some fucking service.

Glad I've read this post because my two friends were looking into a .308 ar, I said stay away from POF.
View Quote

They've lost more than one customer.  The price point they are at doesn't concern me, but their reliability and customer service does.  I really liked the looks of their burnt bronze offerings, for something different.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:07:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I dunno.  My homemade one ALWAYS works!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Shit, i just bought one of these a month ago but have not had the chance to take it out.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:20:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Reading shit like this makes me treasure real customer service.

Bought an adams arms 5.45 upper a year back that showed excessive wear.  In short,  there was a problem that I didn't cause or couldn't fix.  Within 2 weeks I had a new upper delivered and my old one turned in with a postage paid box.  I know every company will have fuck ups, its the ones that fix their issues that get my money and respect.

Thank you to all the gun companies who will back up their products.  Fuck you too POF
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I was so damn close to buying that POF .308 on the EE, glad I saw this thread! If 1% of this is true, no thanks.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Not the first time I've seen pretty much this exact same story played out with a POF .308 rifle..

Saw thread title, read all 9 pages.  Not surprised in the very least at the current state of things.  

Also I caught a few pages back that during handling of the weapon it actually fired a round without having the trigger pulled.   That's NOT the first time I've heard of such a phenomenon occurring with a POF rifle either.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Shit, i just bought one of these a month ago but have not had the chance to take it out.  
View Quote
I emailed them a couple hours ago voicing my concern and received a reply within 10 minutes saying i wont have issues and if so, i would be taken care of.  We'll see I guess.  Range report to follow.  Wish me luck

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#50]
They also told the OP he would get squared away..............

Fuck POF.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top