Page / 84
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:33:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bad things happening in groups of 3?

2 more aircraft crashes (not shot down, though)
TransAsia Airways Flight 222 July 23rd

Air Algérie Flight 5017 July 24th
View Quote

Well it would be 5s....there were two other planes shot down before MH17
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:02:14 AM EDT
[#3]
News here also saying up to 200 personnel are ready to be sent, including police and military. 100 are already on the way.

I live near a RAAF base and there were a ton of planes moving today and many military personnel in town. Way more than usual.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:33:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Watching the stream the Netherlands is a beautiful country.
View Quote

It is.

In my brief experience, the regular Joe and Jane Citizen, despite their Height privilege, are exceedingly friendly and decent.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:31:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Seriously, if our Fearless Leader had any decency, we would be there backing up our allies.  When 3000 of our civilians were killed by terrorists, our NATO allies stepped up.  When ~300 of them were killed by terrorists...we do press briefings with Facebook posts. And now, they are going in harms way- and we're leading from behind.
View Quote

Elections DO have consequences.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:35:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously, if our Fearless Leader had any decency, we would be there backing up our allies.  When 3000 of our civilians were killed by terrorists, our NATO allies stepped up.  When ~300 of them were killed by terrorists...we do press briefings with Facebook posts. And now, they are going in harms way- and we're leading from behind.

Yup.......and Krater is right.............our allies helped us..............fucking Obama does nothing.

What a fucking pussy asshole.

I am ashamed for my beloved country right now.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:18:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The 55 grain I buy comes off the same machines as the 62 grain the .mil gets, and uses the same brass.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gentlemen, do remember this…

If we get involved, the price on 5.56 is gonna shit a pony.  

Again.  

Which is nothing but needless gouging since the supply the Military gets isnt the same as domestic production 55 grain, or M885 or M1893

The 55 grain I buy comes off the same machines as the 62 grain the .mil gets, and uses the same brass.

This.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:27:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am ashamed for my beloved country of Obama right now.
View Quote

Please place the blame where it belongs.  America is fundamentally great and good despite the current degradation caused by Obama and his "fundamental transformation" policies.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:31:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Please place the blame where it belongs.  America is fundamentally great and good despite the current degradation caused by Obama and his "fundamental transformation" policies.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The American people put Obama in charge.

He said what he was going to do during the campaign in transforming America into an apologetic isolationist nation, etc.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:58:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
News here also saying up to 200 personnel are ready to be sent, including police and military. 100 are already on the way.

I live near a RAAF base and there were a ton of planes moving today and many military personnel in town. Way more than usual.
View Quote

Good hunting, and apologies that Australia has to lead the anglosphere in this.  I can't think of anyone better to do so at present though.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:04:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Good hunting, and apologies that Australia has to lead the anglosphere in this.  I can't think of anyone better to do so at present though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are there Dutch or Aussie military charities we can donate to? I know it's not much, but damn.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:07:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, the American electorate is to blame, thus "my country" is appropriate.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:28:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It is.

In my brief experience, the regular Joe and Jane Citizen, despite their Height privilege, are exceedingly friendly and decent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watching the stream the Netherlands is a beautiful country.

It is.

They do need to stop growing or before long the Dutch will not be able to perform even basic manual labor with any efficiency.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:30:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We join the Netherlands in grief.

We have sent 2 of our best men to oversee our part of the investigation, and to get our people home. Its all over our tv and our government has constantly kept us all up to date.

Some on this forum don't care because no Americans died. Well we cared when 9/11 happened and we have been in every major conflict with the USA for over 100 years so you better give a damn.
View Quote

As an American, I do care.

Sorry that some on this board are retarded. But we all care a hell of a lot. I consider Brits, Canadians, and especially Aussies to be cousins.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:52:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Actually, the American electorate is to blame, thus "my country" is appropriate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm American and I didn't vote for him.  Quit making a stupid, fucking erroneous analogy that all of us are to blame for the 50.1% that should die in a fire.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:54:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Anyone voted in is just another dictator doing what they want.
We really don't have a democracy.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Sorry that some on this board are retarded. But we all care a hell of a lot. I consider Brits, Canadians, and especially Aussies to be cousins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We join the Netherlands in grief.

We have sent 2 of our best men to oversee our part of the investigation, and to get our people home. Its all over our tv and our government has constantly kept us all up to date.

Some on this forum don't care because no Americans died. Well we cared when 9/11 happened and we have been in every major conflict with the USA for over 100 years so you better give a damn.

Most people on the board care, even civilians like me who never served or visited other countries.
Don't judge America by the members of this board. There is no intelligence test to join. In fact, the bar is set pretty low.
Americans care. It's just that the ones who don't are the most vocal, but they are definitely in the minority.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#19]
I have been accused of being able to think like a soulless misanthrope without my pulse even rising.

If I were a short-statured, godless, ego-driven, sadistic, communist leader that was suffering from steroid induced impotence, I might would order a passenger jet shot down just to show what can happen when you play with the big kids.

I might would even schedule a call with the POTUS just before the scheduled flyover. While discussing laughable sanctions against Russia I would inform the POTUS of the shootdown. I would phrase it such that there would be no doubt in the mind of the POTUS that I was making a point.

Similar to Bill Murray stealing a french-fry off your plate, nobody is going to believe you.

I would do it and I would get away with. Oh, I would put people to work makings denials, making counter accusations, etc. I might would even have a bullet put the head of the "separatist" office that gave the shoot orders.

After my people finished with the propaganda snow job, some people would blame the Ukrainians, some would blame the separatists, some would blame the regular Russian army. Nearly all would agree that it was an accident.

However, the POTUS would know the truth. And, he would be scared. He would know that he is dealing someone who fears nothing and is not swayed by human emotions of love, compassion, or so called "common sense".

You think you are hurting me with those sanctions? I just showed you a glimpse of what real pain looks like.

None of this may have happened. Even so, I can tell you this: If you think that Vladimir Putin views those kids on that jet as anything more than an annoyance, you are kidding yourself in great measure.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#20]
One of the Russian papers had a picture of the line of hearses with the headline "Forgive us Netherlands" on their front page.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
One of the Russian papers had a picture of the line of hearses with the headline "Forgive us Netherlands" on their front page.

View Quote

That paper's editor will shortly have an accident.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah...he'll just get fired, and won't be able to find another job in the public media field.  After a while, he/she'll probably leave Russia, which serves Putin's interests just as well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:04:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm American and I didn't vote for him.  Quit making a stupid, fucking erroneous analogy that all of us are to blame for the 50.1% that should die in a fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As much as we want to deny that we are part of whole it's just not true.  While we can smugly say we didn't vote for him it doesn't change the fact that we as a country elected him.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have been accused of being able to think like a soulless misanthrope without my pulse even rising.

If I were a short-statured, godless, ego-driven, sadistic, communist leader that was suffering from steroid induced impotence, I might would order a passenger jet shot down just to show what can happen when you play with the big kids.

I might would even schedule a call with the POTUS just before the scheduled flyover. While discussing laughable sanctions against Russia I would inform the POTUS of the shootdown. I would phrase it such that there would be no doubt in the mind of the POTUS that I was making a point.

Similar to Bill Murray stealing a french-fry off your plate, nobody is going to believe you.

I would do it and I would get away with. Oh, I would put people to work makings denials, making counter accusations, etc. I might would even have a bullet put the head of the "separatist" office that gave the shoot orders.

After my people finished with the propaganda snow job, some people would blame the Ukrainians, some would blame the separatists, some would blame the regular Russian army. Nearly all would agree that it was an accident.

However, the POTUS would know the truth. And, he would be scared. He would know that he is dealing someone who fears nothing and is not swayed by human emotions of love, compassion, or so called "common sense".

You think you are hurting me with those sanctions? I just showed you a glimpse of what real pain looks like.

None of this may have happened. Even so, I can tell you this: If you think that Vladimir Putin views those kids on that jet as anything more than an annoyance, you are kidding yourself in great measure.

View Quote

10/10.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:41:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buzz off.  You knew exactly what I meant.  I didn't say all Americans, but it was the American electorate that voted him in.

The only time you ever respond to me is to post some psuedo-intellectual crap about how you think you are so much smarter, so stuff it.

And if you are American, why are flying the fucking Somali flag?  More pseudo-intellectual coolness?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
My feelings as well
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I care about my fellow Westerners and allies.

That.

My feelings as well
Same.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
And if you are American, why are flying the fucking Somali flag?  More pseudo-intellectual coolness?
View Quote

It's "edgy".

All the cool kids are doing it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It's "edgy".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's "edgy".

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y411/Dick_Munch/pirate_zps458044f3.png
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well put.  Reagan would have told Putin he would be at the bottom of a smokin' glowing green hole at 0300 local if he pulled the Crimean stunt in the 80's, and Putin would have recognized.  Tyrants only understand force and President Zero is clearly a man that can't hang with the KGB.  The Russian is emboldened by our supposed weakness.  If he wants to engage American riflemen, he's gonna get shot in the face.  Maybe not right away, but it will happen if/when we fight.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:00:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Nah...he'll just get fired, and won't be able to find another job in the public media field.  After a while, he/she'll probably leave Russia, which serves Putin's interests just as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he's likely to be killed:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:11:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

As much as we want to deny that we are part of whole it's just not true.  While we can smugly say we didn't vote for him it doesn't change the fact that we as a country elected him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And America deserves everything we get from this bunch...
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:50:41 AM EDT
[#32]

European air safety offcial: Unreleased data from MH17 black box shows 'massive explosive decompression' - @CBSNews @ErinELyall

View Quote

well, no shit Sherlock
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

well, no shit Sherlock
View All Quotes
Quoted:

European air safety offcial: Unreleased data from MH17 black box shows 'massive explosive decompression' - @CBSNews @ErinELyall

well, no shit Sherlock

I'm glad they recovered the boxes, but honestly- what are they going to tell us that we don't already know?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm glad they recovered the boxes, but honestly- what are they going to tell us that we don't already know?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well, no shit Sherlock

They can tell if the conditions the aircraft experienced were or were not conducive to passengers being awake and aware of what was happening during the descent. As shitty as it is to say,  the manner that people died in can have a pretty strong influence on political action and public outrage. Victims experiencing several minutes of absolute terror tends to harden peoples' resolve a bit more.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

well, no shit Sherlock

As I posted above they may show what systems were damaged first and that could be

evidence admissible in a court.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

As I posted above they may show what systems were damaged first and that could be

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well, no shit Sherlock

Court?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#37]
I hope those people were unconscious when their plane was hit and broke up in the sky.

But they said the same thing about the Challenger Astronauts that they were unconscious when they died.... and then we find out that when Challenger blew up, some of the Astronauts turned on their manual oxygen systems or something. Indicating they weren't unconscious.

Shitty way to go.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Court?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Court?

Really, what court?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Really, what court?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Court?

Really, what court?

I know it is a long shot but there is a chance that this could be taken to court

by the families of the dead and the airline. It is not unheard of.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Really, what court?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Court?

Really, what court?

Who's going to arrest a bunch of dumb ass drunk Ukrainians armed with real military hardware? lol
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Who's going to arrest a bunch of dumb ass drunk Ukrainians armed with real military hardware? lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Court?

Really, what court?

Or Russians, for that matter.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I hope those people were unconscious when their plane was hit and broke up in the sky.

View Quote

But they said the same thing about the Challenger Astronauts that they were unconscious when they died.... and then we find out that when Challenger blew up, some of the Astronauts turned on their manual oxygen systems or something. Indicating they weren't unconscious.

Shitty way to go.
The crew compartment of the Challenger shuttle was made of reinforced aluminum.  It was pretty tough and stayed intact after the explosion.  Not the same situation for the passengers of MH 17.  The plane's fuselage is not very strong, and was shredded by the missile, the explosive decompression, and likely from the wild changes in direction.  

If MH 17 had been built the same as the Challenger shuttle, we'd see the impact of the intact large cabin crew as it hit the ground in one piece.  MH 17 broke up in mid-air and the only solid pieces that were intact on impact were the engines and other large parts.  Based on the amount that debris has spread out, plus finding bodies strewn all over the place, it's obvious that the passengers of MH 17 were most likely not conscious (and many may have already been dead) seconds after the missile impact.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy shit! This guy nailed it. That's exactly what happened. Excellent post.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Court?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well, no shit Sherlock

Court?

Can you hold court with tomahawks?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Court?

Really, what court?

Ukranians?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#46]
So much fail in this thread. Lots of armchair warfare experts here.
Anyone who thinks, we or anyone else can go in to Ukraine with military force and have any victorious outcome, either does not know shit about who we would be fighting or have been playing Call of Duty till you caused yourself permanent brain damage.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:02:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Anyone who thinks, we or anyone else can go in to Ukraine with military force and have any victorious outcome, either does not know shit about who we would be fighting or have been playing Call of Duty till you caused yourself permanent brain damage.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

If we so chose, I'm fairly certain the most experienced, well-equipped, disciplined and powerful military in the history of the world would fare rather well against a bunch of anally prolapsed conscripts that don't even have socks.

But military action is only one option that could have been on the table, and would have been a poor one, though not for the reasons you cite.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

so what's your expertise
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If we so chose, I'm fairly certain the most experienced, well-equipped, disciplined and powerful military in the history of the world would fare rather well against a bunch of anally prolapsed conscripts that don't even have socks.

But military action is only one option that could have been on the table, and would have been a poor one, though not for the reasons you cite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could close the valve on the Lukoil pipe.  That would piss 'em off.  Would also cause a chain reaction of other shit that would blow right back in our collective face.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top