Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#2]
It's filled with 50/50 oxycontin and .22LR.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because the East Coast NSW units have a higher budget than the rest of us.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Company is located in Virginia Beach, let's see what's nearby there.................I know there is something , give me a moment I'm sure it will come to me.

Quoted:
Great stuff. Nobody pays retail except with tax dollars.

I know of 3 people in this thread who would probably do well in N4.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If its not Kifaru or Mystery Ranch its not worth it. LBT makes good stuff but they charge insane prices cause they are associated with the Teams.
View Quote

Yeah I'm inclined to agree here.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Picked mine up for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those go on sale occasionally for less than $90.

Picked mine up for that.

+1

It was $89 + shipping.  I also got a couple of their 3-day pack.  I also have the Eagle A-lll like the OP.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Come on now...

Somebody defend this to me with a straight face. What does this do that my Eagle A-lll doesn't? Does it blow you?
View Quote

It comes with two bricks of CCI .22LR .

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's filled with 50/50 oxycontin and .22LR.
View Quote

Lol
Dang missed this post..

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If its not Kifaru or Mystery Ranch its not worth it. LBT makes good stuff but they charge insane prices cause they are associated with the Teams.

As a customer of Dana Gleason for over 20 years, I agree on Mystery Ranch gear.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

like every 2 weeks?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#10]
if you're going to be spending more than a couple of days out of that pack, I'd recommend something a bit more technical. suspension, frame, and ergonomic design make the load much easier to bear. That is essentially a glorified daypack.

osprey makes a great pack. can't go wrong with their stuff.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nice bag. If you don't have one, you're just not operator as fuck like me. <a href="http://s58.photobucket.com/user/deputythrust/media/Weapons/8DBB44CD-071A-4FDF-B445-1759ED77B5EA_zpspmiikia5.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g255/deputythrust/Weapons/8DBB44CD-071A-4FDF-B445-1759ED77B5EA_zpspmiikia5.jpg</a>
View Quote

Orly?  You have optics on that rifle, or did you have to sell them to buy the bag?
Kind or a funny looking pick covering the rail with the bag.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Gov't contract?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Company is located in Virginia Beach, let's see what's nearby there.................I know there is something , give me a moment I'm sure it will come to me.

Quoted:

Great stuff. Nobody pays retail except with tax dollars.

hah, my 4 shop is made of the people who can't quite figure it out.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got no experience with that one, but those Mystery Ranch ones that are out there are pretty damn amazing.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
i have a TON of LBT bags and packs. i got them all on sale and all of them less than 100.00. they are in a much different league than maxpedition and other similar packs. they were also in the business long before most of the others.

no they are not worth 5-600.00 they list on the site. i suspect that is the .gov price.
View Quote

True
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
i have a TON of LBT bags and packs. i got them all on sale and all of them less than 100.00. they are in a much different league than maxpedition and other similar packs. they were also in the business long before most of the others.

no they are not worth 5-600.00 they list on the site. i suspect that is the .gov price.
View Quote

Is GSA Advantage not .gov pricing?

They have LBT's mortar pack for over $300 less then on LBT's retail site.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:36:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
load it up and carry it through the woods for a couple of days. it will fall apart in your hands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

load it up and carry it through the woods for a couple of days. it will fall apart in your hands.
Oh I know, I just thought it was funny when I saw it at walmart. They had ones here that were a bit different but basically made with the same crappy material and stitching. I pulled one off the rack and could hear and feel the stitches snap just from a slight tug.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#23]
LBT is a big supplier of gear to NSW and has been for a long time.  They make really good quality gear, however in this case I think they are intentionally pricing themselves out of the day-to-day civilian sales market.  They probably have a stable enough business plan with their government contract sales and if they started taking on heavy public sales, they would stain their capabilities and deliver substandard gear or be behind schedule with their contacts.  I don't know any of this for certain, but its what I've kinda always assumed.  They've found the level of sales that makes them and their primary customers happy and they want to stick with it.

Additionally, as stated by others, they will occasionally offer items at extreme discounts from their MSRP that bring their prices more into line with similar competitor's items, most likely due to having to unload overruns or items from cancelled contact orders, etc.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
they do now have a made in china "discount" line. i bought one of their laptop cases from that line a few months ago for 40.00. it's slightly lighter nylon but the quality of the stitching is just as good.
View Quote

Is that the LBX stuff?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Orly?  You have optics on that rifle, or did you have to sell them to buy the bag?

Kind or a funny looking pick covering the rail with the bag.
View Quote
There's a T1 on there.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Expensive.

The $350 for my Mystery Ranch three day assault was in my opinion totally worth it though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Some tier 1 gear apologies:

*How much is your life worth...?

*This might be the last ____ you may ever have to/get to buy...

*This will last you for the rest of your life...

*Its what the SEALs use...

Seriously, LBT is well known on the east coast NSW community similar to how SOE used to be for the west coast NSW.  Tier one gear with a tier one price tag and Tier two is probably good enough for the most of us.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:56:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yep, there website. Happens on Holidays a lot.

And why shouldn't people fall over themselves? It's a great bag/great price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Come on now...

Somebody defend this to me with a straight face. What does this do that me Eagle A-lll doesn't? Does it blow you?

All that overpriced shit is a joke.

Tell me why that isn't a $200 pack.

Because when they put it "On Sale" for $100, ppl fall over themselves to buy them.

Any place to monitor for sales?

Yep, there website. Happens on Holidays a lot.

And why shouldn't people fall over themselves? It's a great bag/great price.

Sure, at $100 its a decent backpack, that's the point.  Their "sales" are a lot more frequent than around the holidays though.  Regularly have them listed at $500+, then every month or so have a special where they are priced at $100 and its "OMGBBQ!!!!!!!!!!!" and people line up to pay $100 for a $100 bag, with a cool name like "Extended Day Ruck", "Multi-Mission Surf Kangaroo Pack", "Enhanced Warrior Load-Out Pack", etc.  Pretty good marketing strategy, seems to work well.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:59:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Because when they go on sale at 90 it makes it seem like a good deal.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:32:54 AM EDT
[#34]
I'll disagree that it's $100 bag, certainly not a $500 bag but somewhere in the middle ground.

Can't find many Berry compliant bags this large for $100. The one outstanding foreign bag iv'e had was a Swiss Gear that was a gift maybe 10+ years ago. Bag has carried Quickcrete bags in it along with a number of other things, a zipper only just failed in the past few months. My guess is it was $50ish at the time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:51:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'll disagree that it's $100 bag, certainly not a $500 bag but somewhere in the middle ground.

Can't find many Berry compliant bags this large for $100. The one outstanding foreign bag iv'e had was a Swiss Gear that was a gift maybe 10+ years ago. Bag has carried Quickcrete bags in it along with a number of other things, a zipper only just failed in the past few months. My guess is it was $50ish at the time.
View Quote

Than they are losing a ton of money on their routine sales.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:15:01 AM EDT
[#36]
I've used this Kelty Redwing for many three day hikes on the

Appalachian Trail....A fraction of the price.....Great pack.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:21:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Because its Berry amendment compliant and they can prove it. They price it to control demand because they dont produce as much product. Is it really that hard to figure out?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:27:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe so, but i'll assume there .gov contracts make up for it. Someone mentioned that they are more or less pricing themselves out of joe schmos price range for the most part. When I got there first bag early last year (duffle bag, sold promptly) non of there stuff was this expensive. The smaller bag by them the enhanced 3 DAP (1476J) was about $300 (now like $450) and the one they always have on sale don't know the name of the top of my head but it's alway like $59. That bag was like, $120 if I remember correctly.

While there stuff is extremely expensive if you compare it to other US made products they're similar
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:44:13 AM EDT
[#39]
3 pages of butthurt over a pack?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:57:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Because its Berry amendment compliant and they can prove it. They price it to control demand because they dont produce as much product. Is it really that hard to figure out?
View Quote

That's kinda my point. The $ value is nested in factors external to the quality of the pack itself. The fluctuation in pricing, depending on where you pick it up, reflects that. Real value doesn't fluctuate like that. You don't see Wilson pistols occasionally selling for 1/5 their value.

I'm a capitalist, so I'm cool with that.

As a consumer, I don't feel a need to have a particular piece of gear just 'cause someone else uses it. Don't get me wrong; I know that London Bridge makes amazingly good gear, but how many taped edges and triple stitched seams can you fit in one backpack? The question is, is it 4X the value of it's quality competition (maxpedition, et al). For some, it is. I'm comfortable with that. For me, I'll pick them up on ebay for far less.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:24:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
3 pages of butthurt over a pack?
View Quote

Embrace the butthurt.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

i doubt people are really paying those prices.<if they are they are idiots>  at 100.00 they are very good quality and decent deals. at 500.00 not so much. But the people that are buying them for actual use.. ie.. first responders and .gov don't seem to be paying those prices. and the public gets them at fair prices when they go on sale.
View Quote

I've traveled in a lot of military circles, and I've never met anyone who paid retail for LBT.  It was either issued or they bought it on sale for a realistic market price.  I have no idea why they use the price structure they do; it may have something to do with making their numbers look good when they sell to .mil at a "discount".

It's good stuff, but not noticeably better than my old Eagle stuff.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Picked mine up for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Picked mine up for that.

got that exact on for like 89 bucks on sale.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Govt Price.  And now you know why our budgets are soooo messed up.

I got the same pack on clearance a few months back for 59 or 79 bucks.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Eagle has gone downhill, before I got my RAID I ordered an A3 through SKD.

Made in SE Asia or some other third world country now mine had missing stitching,loose stitching,etc. Sent it back and picked up a raid.

Not sure if they have fixed the problems since then, but I was not impressed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's good stuff, but not noticeably better than my old Eagle stuff.

Eagle has gone downhill, before I got my RAID I ordered an A3 through SKD.

Made in SE Asia or some other third world country now mine had missing stitching,loose stitching,etc. Sent it back and picked up a raid.

Not sure if they have fixed the problems since then, but I was not impressed.

I'd heard that; that's why I said old Eagle stuff.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Newsflash, that's what .gov pays.
Kinda like a golden toilet seat.

Wait for their blowout sales. Love me some LBT
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

i doubt people are really paying those prices.<if they are they are idiots>  at 100.00 they are very good quality and decent deals. at 500.00 not so much. But the people that are buying them for actual use.. ie.. first responders and .gov don't seem to be paying those prices. and the public gets them at fair prices when they go on sale.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's kinda my point. The $ value is nested in factors external to the quality of the pack itself. The fluctuation in pricing, depending on where you pick it up, reflects that. Real value doesn't fluctuate like that. You don't see Wilson pistols occasionally selling for 1/5 their value.

I'm a capitalist, so I'm cool with that.

As a consumer, I don't feel a need to have a particular piece of gear just 'cause someone else uses it. Don't get me wrong; I know that London Bridge makes amazingly good gear, but how many taped edges and triple stitched seams can you fit in one backpack? The question is, is it 4X the value of it's quality competition (maxpedition, et al). For some, it is. I'm comfortable with that. For me, I'll pick them up on ebay for far less.

Honestly, I would be very surprised if they weren't.  They are the only entity that I've seen pay more for "group buys".
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top