BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 100
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ha, I've been obsessed with my other fantasy league trying to pick weekly drivers. I didn't change my picks between Silverstone and Spa, I just changed them when I saw your reminder the other day.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell, I forgot to update my fantasy picks, and I scored better this week than i normally do

Holy crap, M4A1 racing with a 6-position jump! That 60 point bonus was clutch!

Ha, I've been obsessed with my other fantasy league trying to pick weekly drivers. I didn't change my picks between Silverstone and Spa, I just changed them when I saw your reminder the other day.

Yeah you chose very wisely this go-round.  I haven't updated my picks in a few races - keep forgetting.  Always seem to end up busy on Friday evenings and don't look at the results from practices to get my picks in.  Previous F1 fantasy leagues I've participated in just set your picks at the beginning of the season (with a budget, and each driver/car/etc had a relative 'cost') and then see how you did at the end - not much changing throughout.  Should probably start putting more effort in to my picks - been falling through the ranks!  Going to be really hard to catch back up now after this race, wow.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting tidbit found on The Judge:

Also undergoing a major change of direction, albeit amid less
headline-grabbing controversy, is the reigning world champion team Red
Bull. Daniel Ricciardo has requested number 1 status for the rest of his
2014 title campaign against the dominant but warring Mercedes pairing,
which at the moment boss Christian Horner is unwilling to cede.

But it is tough times for the team’s reigning quadruple world
champion Sebastian Vettel, who is said to now be seriously considering a
big-money offer to spearhead the new McLaren-Honda campaign.

In an interview with the German at Monza, F1’s official website asked
Vettel about the "impression” he gave at Spa-Francorchamps "that the team is no longer fully behind you".
Vettel denied that, but the very same impression returned with force at
Monza. In a friendly interview with Spanish television immediately
after the Italian grand prix, Vettel reportedly said: "It seems that Spanish television sometimes has more faith in me than my own team does.”

Red Bull official Dr Helmut Marko played down Vettel’s remarks. "That
was just the first emotion that came out of him. He was naturally
disappointed that his teammate beat him, although in qualifying he was
better than Ricciardo. I think it was a very normal reaction,” the Austrian insisted to German television Sky.

Hmmm... more drama than just Mercedes drivers' pissing contest, and Ferrari's imminent implosion (if you listen to Luca).  I wonder where Seb might end up if his feathers get ruffled enough. Haven't Williams, and McLaren signed their drivers already?  He also hasn't made a lot of friends in the paddock.

Like it or not Mr. World Champion,  Ricciardo IS the number one driver, no matter what Christian says.. he has too many points over Seb for the team to even consider letting them race if there is the possibility for Daniel getting a decent amount of points.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:50:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hmmm... more drama than just Mercedes drivers' pissing contest, and Ferrari's imminent implosion (if you listen to Luca).  I wonder where Seb might end up if his feathers get ruffled enough. Haven't Williams, and McLaren signed their drivers already?  He also hasn't made a lot of friends in the paddock.

Like it or not Mr. World Champion,  Ricciardo IS the number one driver, no matter what Christian says.. he has too many points over Seb for the team to even consider letting them race if there is the possibility for Daniel getting a decent amount of points.
View Quote

Red Bull should do everything in their power to support Ricciardo, while the two merc drivers are fighting he can have a teammate willing to help. Vettel has won the last 4 in a row, it shouldn't hurt his ego too much to drive for the team. It could be similar to '07 when Raikkonen stole the WDC from Alonso & Hamilton. (Ham seems to have this effect on teams...)
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:43:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the FIA has banned "driver instructions" (i.e. "you are entering corner 12 too early",etc.) from this point on. (They are also looking at stopping the button and knob instructions as well)

The report said the Paris federation is enforcing the ‘ban’ simply by invoking a clarification of the existing Article 20.1 of the sporting regulations, which states: “The driver must drive the car alone and unaided.”
View Quote

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/09/09/fia-to-ban-radio-instructions-to-drivers/
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:59:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looks like the FIA has banned "driver instructions" (i.e. "you are entering corner 12 too early",etc.) from this point on. (They are also looking at stopping the button and knob instructions as well)

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/09/09/fia-to-ban-radio-instructions-to-drivers/
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The report said the Paris federation is enforcing the ‘ban’ simply by invoking a clarification of the existing Article 20.1 of the sporting regulations, which states: “The driver must drive the car alone and unaided.”

What...the...fuck...

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 1:57:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

As an unapologetic McLaren fan I would have to say that the drivers aren't the root of their problem but the cars are. Jenson is a known fan of the Japanese and calls Japan home and has a Japanese fiancé AND is a former Honda driver. It makes sense he'd be there with Honda. Magnussen has shown huge potential as a rookie.

I think next year will be a breakout for these young drivers like Ricciardo, Magnussen, Kvyat, and Versteppen (as if it's not already for Ricciardo). We're about to see some big changes in top drivers I predict. I hope McLaren-Honda ends up on top.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Button and Magnussen both to stay at McLaren

Link

Did not see that coming. I figured Button was gone.

As an unapologetic McLaren fan I would have to say that the drivers aren't the root of their problem but the cars are. Jenson is a known fan of the Japanese and calls Japan home and has a Japanese fiancé AND is a former Honda driver. It makes sense he'd be there with Honda. Magnussen has shown huge potential as a rookie.

I think next year will be a breakout for these young drivers like Ricciardo, Magnussen, Kvyat, and Versteppen (as if it's not already for Ricciardo). We're about to see some big changes in top drivers I predict. I hope McLaren-Honda ends up on top.

Makes sense.

Hearing you guys ralk about Ron Dennis as a bad mofo I assumed he'd clear house completely.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:06:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

So the engineers can't help protect the cars, and they'll still be hamstrung with a limited number of power plants.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:46:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 5:43:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Here is a more likely reason for his departure:

The departure of Montezemolo, 67, was widely expected after escalating clashes between the two executives over strategy and the role of Ferrari within the Fiat group.

Ferrari is a key component of Marchionne’s plans to expand in luxury cars to better compete with Volkswagen, which owns Lamborghini among its stable of high-end nameplates.

Montezemolo wanted to maintain Ferrari’s autonomous status and limit sales to about 7,000 cars a year to preserve the brand’s exclusive allure. That clashed with Marchionne’s goal of having Ferrari bolster a shift by Fiat into upscale cars as part of its merger with Chrysler Group.

The Oct. 13 resignation date coincides with the day when Fiat plans to list Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) in New York after completing a merger with its U.S. business and cementing a shift of the Italian group from its home for the past 115 years.
View Quote

Get ready for Ferrari SUVs that look suspiciously like Jeeps, "entry level" Ferraris with weak-sauce engine, and anything they can stick that horsey badge on.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Bye Emilio, you will be missed.  Thank you for backing Fernando and F1 for all those years.

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/174869.html

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Lotus has always been a bit cheeky and they're not afraid to poke fun at themselves when they mess it up.

I imagine they would have liked to drop a piano or Morris Marina on that FIAT but they probably couldn't afford to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lotus probably shouldn't be making too much fun seeing as how they suck.

Lotus has always been a bit cheeky and they're not afraid to poke fun at themselves when they mess it up.

I imagine they would have liked to drop a piano or Morris Marina on that FIAT but they probably couldn't afford to.

I got back into F1 in 2012 and Lotus was my favorite team. They seemed to be the smaller budget guys that were always nipping at the tails of the big boys (RBR, Ferrari, Merc), and often times beating them. Loved their driver line-up as well. They really dropped the ball this year and can't seem to do anything right. I'm surprised they've managed eight points in the constructors. I hope Grosjean goes somewhere else next year as I think he's a really talented driver (portions of 2012 not withstanding). But, now that they have Pastor to wreck the cars and pay the bills, I still think RoGro should get a better seat. I'd like to see him at McLaren, honestly. IMO, short of maybe Vettel, Gro was the best driver in the latter half of the 2013 season. Watched him earn a P2 in Austin between the RBs.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Get ready for Ferrari SUVs that look suspiciously like Jeeps, "entry level" Ferraris with weak-sauce engine, and anything they can stick that horsey badge on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The departure of Montezemolo, 67, was widely expected after escalating clashes between the two executives over strategy and the role of Ferrari within the Fiat group.

Ferrari is a key component of Marchionne’s plans to expand in luxury cars to better compete with Volkswagen, which owns Lamborghini among its stable of high-end nameplates.

Montezemolo wanted to maintain Ferrari’s autonomous status and limit sales to about 7,000 cars a year to preserve the brand’s exclusive allure. That clashed with Marchionne’s goal of having Ferrari bolster a shift by Fiat into upscale cars as part of its merger with Chrysler Group.

The Oct. 13 resignation date coincides with the day when Fiat plans to list Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) in New York after completing a merger with its U.S. business and cementing a shift of the Italian group from its home for the past 115 years.

I doubt they are going to poison Ferrari with anything Dodge
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The report said the Paris federation is enforcing the ‘ban’ simply by invoking a clarification of the existing Article 20.1 of the sporting regulations, which states: "The driver must drive the car alone and unaided.”

What...the...fuck...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/trying-to-remember.gif
oh for fuck sake.  STOP FIA just FUCKING STOP already!  God damnit you mouth breathing frog motherfuckers.  Just stop it.  Better yet, go step in front of a Williams car during practice.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#17]

what do i win

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

just wait for a Challenger chassis Ferrari and a Hemi

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is such a thing even possible?

>Chrysler TC by Maserati<

Yes it is!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the stories I've read say that Marrichone wants to increase production from 6,000/year to 12,000/year.

Not a huge deal.  If anything, they might make something closer to what they did with the old 246 Dino or the Dino Coupes.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

oh for fuck sake.  STOP FIA just FUCKING STOP already!  God damnit you mouth breathing frog motherfuckers.  Just stop it.  Better yet, go step in front of a Williams car during practice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The report said the Paris federation is enforcing the ‘ban’ simply by invoking a clarification of the existing Article 20.1 of the sporting regulations, which states: "The driver must drive the car alone and unaided.”

What...the...fuck...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/trying-to-remember.gif

If the FIA does something like this.. then they are stupider than I thought.. the teams will find a way around it though, if need be.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So the engineers can't help protect the cars, and they'll still be hamstrung with a limited number of power plants.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The display on the steering wheel will just become an annunciator panel and the engineers will flash settings on it. Probably text messages too. The FIA won't even be able to tell that its happening. Now if they take the transceivers out of the cars and only make it one way transmission from the car to the pitwall for everything. That will be a big deal.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Personally, I'd LOVE to see the FIA limit and/or reduce more things in F1. Like pit stops, brake disks, front wings, pit crew, protective helmets, visor tear-offs, etc, etc, etc. Maybe they can gut the once-proud/cutting-edge sport to the point that privateer KART drivers could mix it up with them in a mixed series...

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The display on the steering wheel will just become an annunciator panel and the engineers will flash settings on it. Probably text messages too. The FIA won't even be able to tell that its happening. Now if they take the transceivers out of the cars and only make it one way transmission from the car to the pitwall for everything. That will be a big deal.

View Quote

I've always thought there should really be two types of F1. One which limits almost everything and puts more focus on the driver, to include no radio communication, only pit boards, no flappy paddles, only manual shifting, very limited aerodynamics, limited number of pit crew members etc.

The second would have almost no limitations. You could have a maximum engine size and some safety rules but pretty much everything could be unregulated.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 1:44:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the FIA would go all out and allow transmitting only.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 4:05:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 4:45:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:43:32 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Whiting is already on that

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Whiting is already on that

He added: "We should also remind you that data transmission from pit to car is specifically prohibited by Article 8.5.2 of the F1 Technical Regulations."

8.5.2 Pit to car telemetry is prohibited.

Hmmmm...I guess in the strictest sense of the word a text message is still just data. I guess they'll just start talking Klingon, Falcon code or using other code words.

The teams will find a way around this. They are nothing if not resourceful.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:46:53 AM EDT
[#29]
had no idea this thread existed

glad to see some others around here that enjoy REAL racing
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

We don't enjoy racing....we enjoy hating Lewis Hamilton, the FIA, Ferrari management and Pastor Maldonado.  Sometimes we do like the races.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:14:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm questioning how REAL F1 is.. everything just feels so artificial this year.  The cars sound like Hoovers, Lewis' and Nico's battle feels like it has soap opera levels of scripting... Honestly, if it wasn't for Bottas' and Ricciardo's impressive performances this year, I would be really worried for the state of the series.

I'll still watch it though.. It's not like I'm going to go watch a bunch of grown men play with their balls of one variety or another.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:18:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm questioning how REAL F1 is.. everything just feels so artificial this year.

I'll still watch it though.. It's not like I'm going to go watch a bunch of grown men play with balls of one variety or another.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm questioning how REAL F1 is.. everything just feels so artificial this year.

I'll still watch it though.. It's not like I'm going to go watch a bunch of grown men play with balls of one variety or another.

Yup... F1 is getting more artificial, and is the NFL (my wife and my favorite things to view on our 70" TV every weekend). So many new rules that seem to contradict the entire reason for the existence of the sports. F1 is heading towards the excitement of watching bumper cars and the NFL toward soccer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:29:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

We don't enjoy racing....we enjoy hating Lewis Hamilton, the FIA, Ferrari management and Pastor Maldonado.  Sometimes we do like the races.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#34]
So in 4-5 more years they'll be doing post-race X-rays looking for implanted voice/data receivers in the drivers?

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:52:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

If that is truly the case, then the FIA should ban ALL radio transmissions. Period. Nothing between car/driver to pit/paddock. No Telemetry. No warnings on local or full course yellow. Nothing, nada. Lone driver, on his own.

Pedantic? Surely.

Fuck the FIA.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

Let the record show I had this picture retweeted by wtf1 and Will Buxton. Life is good.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

20 Race 2015 schedule released.  

Round     Race     Circuit     Date     Forum

1     Australian Grand Prix     Albert Park     March 13 – 15    

2     Malaysian Grand Prix     Sepang International Circuit     March 27 – 29    

3     Bahrain Grand Prix     Bahrain International Circuit     April 3 – 5    

4     Chinese Grand Prix     Shanghai International Circuit     April 17 – 19    

5     Spanish Grand Prix     Circuit de Catalunya     May 8 – 10    

6     Monaco Grand Prix     Monte-Carlo     May 21 – 24    

7     Canadian Grand Prix     Circuit Gilles Villeneuve     June 5 – 7    

8     Austrian Grand Prix     Red Bull Ring     June 19 – 21    

9     British Grand Prix     Silverstone     July 3 – 5    

10     German Grand Prix     Nurburgring     July 17 – 19    

11     Hungarian Grand Prix     Hungaroring     July 24 – 26    

12     Belgian Grand Prix     Spa-Francorchamps     August 21 – 23    

13     Italian Grand Prix     Monza     September 4 – 6    

14     Singapore Grand Prix     Singapore     September 18 – 20    

15     Japanese Grand Prix     Suzuka     September 25 – 27    

16     Russian Grand Prix     Sochi International Street Circuit     October 9 – 11    

17     United States Grand Prix     Circuit of the Americas     October 23 – 25    

18     Mexican Grand Prix     Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez     October 30 – November 1    

19     Brazilian Grand Prix     Interlagos     November 13 – 15    

20     Abu Dhabi Grand Prix     Yas Marina     November 27 – 29    
View Quote
Have they now confirmed Mexico or is it still tentative?

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

16     Russian Grand Prix     Sochi International Street Circuit     October 9 – 11    
18     Mexican Grand Prix     Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez     October 30 – November 1    
View Quote

I'm considering forming an open wheel fantasy league next year, would include Indy car and F1. We'd have a draft, each person would need 2 F1 and 2 Indy car drivers. Need 8 or 10 people to work properly, wondering if there would be any interest here?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still don't understand why they split up the schedule that way.  If the FIA is truly concerned about annual costs, Canada GP, USGP, Mexican GP, and Brazilian GP would all be run together.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Anybody see the Formula E race this morning,   it was pretty boring except for the last corner on the last lap,  I didn't realize a car could fly that high while going that slow.  

The definitely need to rethink the temporary curb construction,  that looked fucking scary.

Somebody will have to embed this for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV7NBbjFqzk

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Anybody see the Formula E race this morning,   it was pretty boring except for the last corner on the last lap,  I didn't realize a car could fly that high while going that slow.  

The definitely need to rethink the temporary curb construction,  that looked fucking scary.

Somebody will have to embed this for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV7NBbjFqzk

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I still don't understand why they split up the schedule that way.  If the FIA is truly concerned about annual costs, Canada GP, USGP, Mexican GP, and Brazilian GP would all be run together.
View Quote

Latitude.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Didn't know there was/is a F1 thread. Like most it is really great to see that huge ass smile of Ricciardo's on the podium this year(Vettel who?).

P.S. I am in with the hate Pastor Crashinado crowd.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Didn't know there was/is a F1 thread. Like most it is really great to see that huge ass smile of Ricciardo's on the podium this year(Vettel who?).

View Quote

Impressive, you spent one of your nine post per year on this thread.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Supposedly everything on that calender is 'confirmed'.

Nice that they've ditched snoozers like Valencia, Korea and India but ending the season at Yas Marina still sucks.

It ought to be either Brazil or Japan.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does post count count for something?
Page / 100
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top