Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 100
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice job Magnussen! I think Hamilton will probably win tomorrow but turn 1 will be interesting.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:02:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Bottas + shotguns

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:18:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

that settles it. Bottas is ARFCOM hero.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:33:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
REMINDER TO GET YOUR FANTASY PICKS SUBMITTED BY 7:55AM EST.
View Quote

Yeah, definitely didn’t do that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:40:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Too bad some people missed their picks.

I'm very ready for racing!
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Coffee is on, dogs feed, race on TV.  I am ready....let's go!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:47:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Finns like their guns...but apparently not eye pro.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

I haven't gone to bed yet, so I have a nice Belgian Dubbel ready to go for the race

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Nico did a great job damaging Lewis' nose on the way to the grid.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:00:08 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
I really like this kid.  He and Ricciardo have been very impressive this year.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd love to see Alonso pull off a miracle today.  He'll have to beat a lot of Mercedes engines to do it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I haven't gone to bed yet, so I have a nice Belgian Dubbel ready to go for the race

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same. Wedding last night led to a hotel room led to sneaking out this morning. I picked up a couple of bagels and I'm ready to go. I'll probably get some sleep after the Browns game.

Let's go racing!
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

???
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Bott as driving like he's on a mission. One hem of a start for Magnussen. Crazy error by Rosberg.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Holy. Shit.

Big mistake from Rosberg.

Sucks for Alonso.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Engine just stopped on Alonso's  car. Odd for Ferrari
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:00:38 AM EDT
[#17]
anyone else having trouble with thr NBCSN app?   Race is not loading.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#18]
now this race is getting fun
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:13:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
now this race is getting fun
View Quote

Very enjoyable.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Kvyat may owe some marshals some new underwear.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:24:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Hamilton's response to Rosberg.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I enjoyed that race very much. That the Silver Arrows are probably going to dominate is a given, but seeing some inspired drives by Bottas, and Ricciardo. Massa drives alone in third for nearly the entire race!  Pretty poor result for the Ferrari team unfortunately.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Getting really tired of the bullshit penalties.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I really want to see the first-person footage of that ride Kvyat went on.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:08:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

This...

A 5 second penalty for racing. He was aggressive but isn't that what these guys get paid to do?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow...big changes coming for F1.

The discussion is now moving to 3 car teams next year to fill the field.

Sad.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
???
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

???
Everything bad that happens to Lewis is Nico's fault. Ev. Reh. Thing.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Hell of a drive by Lewis... No bullshit, no whining, just put his foot down and won decisively.

Nico Nico Nico... Pay attention man! Two very stupid mistakes at the same spot.

Felipe.. good Job man, nice to see you somewhat on form again

Bottas... holy hell.. He's going to have at least one championship on his mantle

Ricciardo... see remarks about Bottas, same applies.

Vettel... Well guys, I think he figured out how to drive again.

Ferrari, get your thumbs out! At this rate, Alonso might hold his nose and go work for Ron Dennis.

Finally, why in the blue fuck did Magnesson get a penalty, but button does the same a lap later and doesn't?  If you're going to be shit stewards, at least be consistent shit.

On to Singapore and Suzuka, my two favorite tracks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Jan posted on facebook earlier what I can only roughly translate to: "The FIA should send a check along with the 5 seconds for the fantastic entertainment!!"

If Alonso can win any race it's Singapore, I'm using my weekly pick on him there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Good for Lewis.  He's been showing some true grit this season.  Often times, we as fans use "ability to bounce back from adversity" as a metric for true talent.  Lewis has more than got that covered this year.

I've never been a big Rosberg fan, but he certainly has driven his ass off this year and deserves to be where he's at.  Frankly, I underestimated him as a driver.  I honestly thought Hamilton would eat his lunch and he'd win no more than a couple races.

It was great to see Massa on the podium today. He's a competitive guy and it must have been sweet to best the Scuderia.

Bottas and Ricciardo comtinue to impress.  

Kvyat and Magnussen too.  How about Kvyat's save?  Unreal!

The Ferrari was junk today.  What a shame.  I hope they can get their shit together for next year, but I really have my doubts.

I feel bad for Grosjean.  He showed some real talent last year, but that car is so far behind this year.  

I could go on forever.  Another great F1 race this year.  There's been a lot of great races this year.  I suspect it will continue through the last 6 races.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Anyone else just find out that Vettel and his girlfriend had a kid recently? Heard them mention it on Sky Sports.

It's one of the things I love about F1... these guys are true quiet professionals, and you don't hear about their personal lives... well besides that one guy you all know and love.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Magnussen is getting the same bullshit treatment the stewards gave Grosjean last year.

Once they decide your "dangerous" you'd better not screw up one bit. At least it cost MAG a podium like it did Grosjean in Hungary.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Nico tried to win the tifosi over by speaking Italian. It sounded like some were still booing him.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Looking forward to Singapore. Definitely a high downforce track. Thinking RBs will be tough. Hoping for Ferrari to do well but they probably won't.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 2:33:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Looking forward to Singapore. Definitely a high downforce track. Thinking RBs will be tough. Hoping for Ferrari to do well but they probably won't.
View Quote
Singapore is a weird track... Red Bull has had issues there in the past.  It will at least be a more even fight than Monza.  I've got $10 on one of those Mercs ending up in the wall before the race is half over. Then onto Suzuka, where Merc will be 30 seconds ahead by lap 10.  

As far as Ferrari, I'm just hoping they remain somewhat competitive for the sake of morale... Monza will not have lifted anyone's spirits there.  The worst of it is, I think they have a really good car design, the Engine and ERS systems are just shit. They've already dropped to 4th in the constructors, now the only interest there is to whether they can stay ahead of the likes of McLaren and Force India.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Button and Magnussen both to stay at McLaren

Link
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Link
View Quote

Did not see that coming. I figured Button was gone.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Enjoyed that one this weekend, very odd seing Rossberg screw up on the same turn twice, he did not seem to stand up well to Hamilton's pressure.  His angry response to his team about giving him the time splits was probably the first sign, I was surprised that a guy who has been with a team for a while didnt have something like what information he does and doesn't want during a race already worked out.

Hamilton drove well, another impressive drive from behind after yet another mechanical issue. Most entertaining was Ricciardo, he was on a mission there toward the end.  that pass on Vettel was impressive and even seemed to catch the camera man off guard with that juke he gave his teamate.

-Mike
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Hell, I forgot to update my fantasy picks, and I scored better this week than i normally do
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

As an unapologetic McLaren fan I would have to say that the drivers aren't the root of their problem but the cars are. Jenson is a known fan of the Japanese and calls Japan home and has a Japanese fiancé AND is a former Honda driver. It makes sense he'd be there with Honda. Magnussen has shown huge potential as a rookie.

I think next year will be a breakout for these young drivers like Ricciardo, Magnussen, Kvyat, and Versteppen (as if it's not already for Ricciardo). We're about to see some big changes in top drivers I predict. I hope McLaren-Honda ends up on top.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hell, I forgot to update my fantasy picks, and I scored better this week than i normally do
View Quote

Holy crap, M4A1 racing with a 6-position jump! That 60 point bonus was clutch!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Wonder if there was a stunt driver used in place of Pastor?

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
As an unapologetic McLaren fan I would have to say that the drivers aren't the root of their problem but the cars are. Jenson is a known fan of the Japanese and calls Japan home and has a Japanese fiancé AND is a former Honda driver. It makes sense he'd be there with Honda. Magnussen has shown huge potential as a rookie.

I think next year will be a breakout for these young drivers like Ricciardo, Magnussen, Kvyat, and Versteppen (as if it's not already for Ricciardo). We're about to see some big changes in top drivers I predict. I hope McLaren-Honda ends up on top.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link

Another note to add, JB has more history with Honda than any other team, be it with BAT/BAR or the factory team, and he got them their first race win. It would not surprise me in the least if Honda asked McLaren to keep him.  I've always though he was a hell of a driver, not stylistically impressive, like Alonso or Senna, but a very clean driver, and very smooth.  

Going to be weird with it going back to Mclaren Honda though... haven't said those words together in many years.  Not since the good old days of F1.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Lotus probably shouldn't be making too much fun seeing as how they suck.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lotus has always been a bit cheeky and they're not afraid to poke fun at themselves when they mess it up.

I imagine they would have liked to drop a piano or Morris Marina on that FIAT but they probably couldn't afford to.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Lotus has always been a bit cheeky and they're not afraid to poke fun at themselves when they mess it up.

I imagine they would have liked to drop a piano or Morris Marina on that FIAT but they probably couldn't afford to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Should have been dropping a piano on a Renault after this season. Never have I seen an engine supplier go from supplying a world champion team to complete shit in one season, till now.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha, I've been obsessed with my other fantasy league trying to pick weekly drivers. I didn't change my picks between Silverstone and Spa, I just changed them when I saw your reminder the other day.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:44:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Should have been dropping a piano on a Renault after this season. Never have I seen an engine supplier go from supplying a world champion team to complete shit in one season, till now.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funniest thing is that Renault was a big proponent of the new Tech Regime.  

Although in their defense they started the V8 Era weakly and ended up on top (albeit through somewhat dodgy aero tricks).
Page / 100
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top