Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 320
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
So on that card at the bottom is Devin Clark who fights out of the gym I train at. Both he and Ben lost when UFC was here in Sioux Falls. Ben came back strong, hope Devin does as well.

Both seem to be decent people, and very dedicated to the fight game. We have kids so won't be able to attend the local get together. Be cool if someone would post the results. Don't think we can watch this one via internet.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 7:26:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So on that card at the bottom is Devin Clark who fights out of the gym I train at. Both he and Ben lost when UFC was here in Sioux Falls. Ben came back strong, hope Devin does as well.

Both seem to be decent people, and very dedicated to the fight game. We have kids so won't be able to attend the local get together. Be cool if someone would post the results. Don't think we can watch this one via internet.
View Quote

I'll be watching on Fightpass. I'll post updates on the fight for you.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Looking forward to seeing Ryan Hall fight.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#4]
For  flinch08

Round 1

Clark comes out aggressive.  Pushes Stansbury to the cage.  Holds him against the fence.  He's keeping him against the fence but not doing much.  They separate.  Clark lands a nice combo but Stansbury lands a solid single counter.  Clark land another right hand.  Clark shoots and lands a nice takedown.  Has Stansbury in half guard.  Clark lands a couple shots on the ground.  Stansbury gets back up.  Clark keeps the pressure against the cage.  Clark misses a spinning back elbow.  Stansbury just jumped into a guillotine.  It's pretty tight.  But he'll survive the end of the round.

10-9 Clark.

Round 2

Clark comes out aggressive again.  Stansbury just landed an overhand.  Stansbury now has Clark against the cage.  Stansbury working for a takedown.  Clark has wrist control.  Clark just landed another nice shot out of the break.  He's still the aggressor.  Stansbury has him against the cage again after a scramble.  Clark still with his back against the fence.  Stansbury keeps working on some trips and is grinding Clark against the fence.  The separate.  Stansbury lands a couple shots.  Clark responds.  Clark with a leg kick then a jab.  Another leg kick for Clark.  Clark goes high with a leg kick.  Clark tried to shoot but Stansbury pushes him against the fence.  Clark reverses and has Stansbury against the fence and lands a few nice shots.  Clark still has Stansbury against the fence.  

Closer round but probably 10-9 Clark?

Round 3

Stansbury lands a nice combo then shot for takedown.  He has Clark against the fence and trying to go for a trip.  Stansbury lands a shot before the break.  Stansbury lands a jab.  Another jab.  Stansbury lands an overhand right.  Takedown shot for Clark but Stansbury reverses and puts Clark against the fence.  Reversed again and Clark is pushing Stansbury against the fence.  They break.  Clark has his hands down a bit.  Stansbury lands a jab.  Clark with a jab.  Stansbury lands a nice counter.  Center of the cage and they're trading a bit.  Clark shoots and Stansbury sprawls.  They just fall down.  10 seconds left.

Probably another round for Clark.

30-27 is my guess.

Clark def. Stansbury 30-27, 30-27, 29-28.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Schnell got fucked up.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:32:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Who do guys got in tonight's fights?

Think Tim can beat MM?  
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:32:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't think Schnell would get whooped like that.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:54:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Very interesting fighter for sure. I'm glad he won.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:00:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I won't watch another Ryan Hall fight. I've never seen a boring Grey Maynard fight as long as I've been watching MMA, back in the "toughman" days.
I don't care who thinks Ryan Hall is talented and I don't care how talented he is. Styles make fights and I don't see a good fight out of this guy.
He has got to be one of the most boring people in the game. Maynard is far from his prime but he isn't afraid to fight.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:03:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Who do guys got in tonight's fights?

Think Tim can beat MM?  
View Quote

He can. Johnson looks faster and seems unbeatable. He's going to be tough to beat.

Hope to see a good fight though.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:11:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck ya! Thanks Laramie. Fought at 205#? His last fight was at 185# I think.

Very cool.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:12:17 PM EDT
[#12]
The fight companion on JRE is the greatest thing to watch during a live fight
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:51:05 PM EDT
[#13]
goddamn sara mcmann is jacked
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:58:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow, fight called  cause Ellenberger's toe stuck in the fence.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 1:51:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Lot of empty seats in that place.

I wonder what that song was that Tim came out to?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 1:57:07 AM EDT
[#16]
This fight well definitely not be boring
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The fight companion on JRE is the greatest thing to watch during a live fight
View Quote

They were hilarious. They went off line before the main event.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Good fights Saturday.  Demetrious Johnson as a fighter can't be questioned.  He's one of the best and certainly the best ever at 125.  But from a promotional aspect, I just don't know what the UFC should do with him and what changes he and his management team can make.

Seems like a waste for him to continue to fight in front of half empty arenas.  DJ is one fight away from tying Anderson Silva for most consecutive title defenses at 10.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#19]
UFC Fight Night Albany - Friday 12/9

All fights on UFC Fight Pass starting at 2:45/5:45 Pst/Est

UFC 206 Holloway v. Pettis - Saturday 12/10

Prelims on FS1 @ 5pm/8pm Pst/Est

Main on PPV @ 7pm/10pm Pst/Est

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Pretty interesting chart here c/o Fightnomics

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:48:15 PM EDT
[#21]
What happened to Cormier Johnson at 206?  All I can find is that it got changed but not why it got changed.  I wanted to see that fight.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What happened to Cormier Johnson at 206?  All I can find is that it got changed but not why it got changed.  I wanted to see that fight.
View Quote

DC tore a muscle in his groin.  He's already had surgery.  Hopes to be back by Spring.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 2:43:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Conor McGregor Taking 10 Months Off

With White revealing that McGregor is taking ten months off, that means “The Notorious” won't be back in action until September or October of 2017.  

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/conor-mcgregor-taking-10-months-off-203840646--mma.html
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Conor McGregor Taking 10 Months Off

With White revealing that McGregor is taking ten months off, that means “The Notorious” won't be back in action until September or October of 2017.  

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/conor-mcgregor-taking-10-months-off-203840646--mma.html
View Quote

You can't say he hasn't earned it.  After UFC 205 Conor said that his girlfriend gets really nervous watching him fight and he doesn't want her to go through that stress while she's pregnant.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:14:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You can't say he hasn't earned it.  After UFC 205 Conor said that his girlfriend gets really nervous watching him fight and he doesn't want her to go through that stress while she's pregnant.
View Quote

I don't think that's in question.  But, it could bring up the same argument that people made for him to be stripped of the featherweight title do to not defending it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:48:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I don't think that's in question.  But, it could bring up the same argument that people made for him to be stripped of the featherweight title do to not defending it.
View Quote

I was just editorializing, not saying you were saying it.  My main point was based on how active Conor has been and his track record of NOT pulling out of fights I don't see anybody in the UFC giving him shit for saying he's taking a break.  Nobody from the UFC (publicly) said that it was a problem for Ronda to take a break after her loss to Holm.  The UFC has the numbers and obviously they know who brings in the ratings, the gate numbers and the PPV buys.  They are going to give Conor wide latitude to do what he wants for a break, especially now that Ronda has gone on record numerous times saying that she only has 1-3 fights left in her.  

Conor is now bigger than Ronda, and once she leaves that leaves the UFC with one megastar.  The next biggest draw is maybe Jon Jones but it's not like he's even close to doing Conor numbers in terms of PPV buys.  Plus given Jon Jones complete inability to manage his life, they can't rely on him to carry any weight for the UFC.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:54:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I was just editorializing, not saying you were saying it.  My main point was based on how active Conor has been and his track record of NOT pulling out of fights I don't see anybody in the UFC giving him shit for saying he's taking a break.
View Quote

I agree with you.  Curious to see what Connor's plan is when he returns. Does he go after Aldo or defend the lightweight title? If he goes after the belt they took from him, he risks them stripping him of the lightweight belt. We'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Anthony Pettis misses weight; only Max Holloway eligible for title in UFC 206 headliner

During today’s early and official weigh-ins, “Showtime” missed weight for Saturday’s UFC 206 main event, which has cost him a shot at the belt.

Pettis (19-5 MMA, 6-4 UFC) was slated to fight Max Holloway (16-3 MMA, 12-3 UFC) for the interim UFC featherweight title in UFC 206’s pay-per-view headliner, but the former lightweight champion came in over the 145-pound limit for the fight, which takes place at Toronto’s Air Canada Centre.

The bout will go on, but Pettis won’t be able to win the belt even if he’s victorious. Instead, only Holloway, who weighed in exactly at the 145-pound limit, is eligible for the title.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/12/anthony-pettis-misses-weight-only-max-holloway-eligible-for-title-in-ufc-206-headliner
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anthony Pettis misses weight; only Max Holloway eligible for title in UFC 206 headliner

During today’s early and official weigh-ins, “Showtime” missed weight for Saturday’s UFC 206 main event, which has cost him a shot at the belt.

Pettis (19-5 MMA, 6-4 UFC) was slated to fight Max Holloway (16-3 MMA, 12-3 UFC) for the interim UFC featherweight title in UFC 206’s pay-per-view headliner, but the former lightweight champion came in over the 145-pound limit for the fight, which takes place at Toronto’s Air Canada Centre.

The bout will go on, but Pettis won’t be able to win the belt even if he’s victorious. Instead, only Holloway, who weighed in exactly at the 145-pound limit, is eligible for the title.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/12/anthony-pettis-misses-weight-only-max-holloway-eligible-for-title-in-ufc-206-headliner
View Quote

Pretty Tony's fall from grace has been a rocky one.  He loses the belt.  Loses another 2 in a row.  Then somebody torches all his nice cars in his driveway.  Dude sure pissed off somebody in a past life.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Pretty Tony's fall from grace has been a rocky one.  He loses the belt.  Loses another 2 in a row.  Then somebody torches all his nice cars in his driveway.  Dude sure pissed off somebody in a past life.
View Quote

... and then a couple weeks after torching them someone broke into his new cars, also in his driveway.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#31]
On Fight pass tonight is VFC 54. I think that's what it is called.

Two fighters from the gym I train at will be there. Bryce Logan and Devin Turner. Both are there to fight.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#32]
That groovy banana is a legit contender!
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That groovy banana is a legit contender!
View Quote

That was just a beautiful kick.  Kid is fun to watch.  Look forward to seeing more from him given this KO and his fight with Tony Ferguson.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 11:37:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Beat him despite a cracked rib... not bad.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 12:15:45 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm going to be in Vegas the week between Christmas and New Years, I said fuck it and just bought tickets to UFC 207.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm going to be in Vegas the week between Christmas and New Years, I said fuck it and just bought tickets to UFC 207.
View Quote

I'm not sure when the next one is in Indy, but I may go to it.  I just hate live sports events (always have)... why would I want to be around a bunch of loud, obnoxious, possibly drunk people, eating what is probably mediocre food.. when I can invite a a few friends over, eat my own food, and watch in the peace of my home.

If I sound conflicted, I am.. I enjoy MMA a lot, but I just hate going to arenas for sports events, etc.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 12:30:58 AM EDT
[#37]
This is a heck of a fight!!

Cub and Choi hitting each other with everything but the kitchen sink!
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 12:38:07 AM EDT
[#38]
WOW... What a fight.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 12:46:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This is a heck of a fight!!

Cub and Choi hitting each other with everything but the kitchen sink!
View Quote

Yeah, that was one of the better fights I've seen in a while.....
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 12:51:47 AM EDT
[#40]
I can't help but wonder if this new UFC will want to get rid of Tim Kennedy after this lose
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 1:12:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Holy..... What a kick.

Cerrone probably could have jumped on him and got one or two in, ala Dan Henderson/Bisping... had he wanted.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 1:13:09 AM EDT
[#42]
For such a weak card on paper, this has been a good night of fights. 
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 1:15:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agree... I wasn't expecting much... but there's been a few good fights... better than I expected.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 1:18:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Weak card?
Maybe not a lot of "Super Star" drawing power but this is a fight fans, fight card.
A bunch of solid fighters on this card.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 1:21:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

While it may have lacked big name star power it definitely was not weak on fighters who are game to throw down.

Chins were definitely tested and proved in the cub/choi fight and 2 walk-off head kick KOs definitely impressed me though.

Eta:  was beat cuz I'm on my phone
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 1:26:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Weak card?
Maybe not a lot of "Super Star" drawing power but this is a fight fans, fight card.
A bunch of solid fighters on this card.
View Quote

This was probably a better way of putting it... Cerrone almost always makes a card worth it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 2:13:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Wheres waldo ... hahahah. That pussy jose better not hide again. HA
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 2:31:55 AM EDT
[#48]
That cub Chou fight was insane.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#49]
This weekend's fights on Fox should be real decent.  Pretty solid card for free TV.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Wheres waldo ... hahahah. That pussy jose better not hide again. HA
View Quote

I don't know how you don't get excited for Holloway vs. Aldo.  That's gonna be a hell of a fight.
Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top