Page / 320
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:58:10 PM EDT
[#1]
PAGE 142 SAYS MCGREGOR IS A BITCH!!!
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol the fact that you think it's a binary black or white issue is the problem here. Getting an easy fight to build hype doesn't negate everything that happened next. Did you read the fucking list I posted? According to your criteria there are ZERO legitimate UFC champs. NONE. You sound like a fucking retard.

Your putting words in my mouth. Cracks me up I'm spittin facts and half of you guys ignore them and say I'm retarded, or a teener or whatever,  without proving me wrong.  Sound like some fuckin liberals.

You like Bisping right? HIS TITLE DEFENSE WAS AGAINST FUCKING HENDO. HENDO is 46 and has no skills other than wrestle decently and throw over hand rights. That's so much more egregious than Dennis Seiver it's not even the same game.

Hendo knocked Bisping out cold the first fight!! Your silly.

But hey you do you. Continue to wallow in your ignorance and tell everybody else that they're wrong.

Watch the video I posted.  Khabib said pretty much the same thing I did only in broken English. I'm not the only one who thinks this.  Any real fighter or anybody who appreciates real fighters will agree with me.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS WAS MY WHOLE ARGUMENT.

Yes. I realize it happens, and I don't agree with it.  Its what ruins the sport. The whole buildup of Connor has led people to believe he is better than he is.  Diaz proved this in the first fight. I just want to see the bade st dudes fighting the baddest dudes.

Yet you snipped out MY whole argument, I wonder why

I was referring to Siever & Brandao (a last minute replacement).

So was he spoon fed or no? You already said he was. Are you taking back your statement?  I mean it's a pretty black and white issue.  Not sure what you're not comprehending?

I just want to see real fighters fight real fighters.

Hes already duckin Khabib.  When your the champ you don't get to pick who you fight. You fight the number 1 fucking contender!

Lol the fact that you think it's a binary black or white issue is the problem here. Getting an easy fight to build hype doesn't negate everything that happened next. Did you read the fucking list I posted? According to your criteria there are ZERO legitimate UFC champs. NONE. You sound like a fucking retard.

Your putting words in my mouth. Cracks me up I'm spittin facts and half of you guys ignore them and say I'm retarded, or a teener or whatever,  without proving me wrong.  Sound like some fuckin liberals.

You like Bisping right? HIS TITLE DEFENSE WAS AGAINST FUCKING HENDO. HENDO is 46 and has no skills other than wrestle decently and throw over hand rights. That's so much more egregious than Dennis Seiver it's not even the same game.

But hey you do you. Continue to wallow in your ignorance and tell everybody else that they're wrong.

Watch the video I posted.  Khabib said pretty much the same thing I did only in broken English. I'm not the only one who thinks this.  Any real fighter or anybody who appreciates real fighters will agree with me.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 12:45:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS WAS MY WHOLE ARGUMENT.

Yes. I realize it happens, and I don't agree with it.  Its what ruins the sport. The whole buildup of Connor has led people to believe he is better than he is.  Diaz proved this in the first fight. I just want to see the bade st dudes fighting the baddest dudes.

Yet you snipped out MY whole argument, I wonder why

I was referring to Siever & Brandao (a last minute replacement).

So was he spoon fed or no? You already said he was. Are you taking back your statement?  I mean it's a pretty black and white issue.  Not sure what you're not comprehending?

I just want to see real fighters fight real fighters.

Hes already duckin Khabib.  When your the champ you don't get to pick who you fight. You fight the number 1 fucking contender!

I can't anymore. Also is this, Mendes is that, Alvarez is washed up.  Blah blah blah. But Hendo is a worthy title contender you can't make this shit up
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 1:08:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Phantom.

Where do you think the 145 and 155 divisions would be without McGregor?  As I have posted, the UFC isn't a 100% merit based organization.  McGregor has done things for the company that not even Ronda Rousey has done.

Honestly, what do you think PPV numbers would look like if Aldo/Edgar, Edgar/Holloway Pettis/Alvarez, Nurmy/Alvarez, RDA/Nurmy, etc. were headlining PPVs?  We've already seen most of those fights either on PPV or FS1 cards.  They aren't pulling numbers anywhere close to McGregor.  

UFC 189 was supposed to be McGregor v. Aldo and got changed last minute to Mendes.  That PPV still did 825k buys.  4 PPVs prior was the LW title of Pettis v. RDA.  That PPV did 310k.  LW is the most stacked/talent rich divison and that card barely broke 300k buys.  Back then, Pettis and RDA were certainly the most talented, most deserving LW fighters in that division and that PPV did shit numbers.  

You seem to have some personal animus towards McGregor.  Totally fine and nobody wants to stop you from your opinion, but let's not forget that McGregor has done things for the UFC in terms of mass media popularity and revenue generation, that no other fighter has.  When a fighter does that, they get leeway to call their shots (within reason) and get special treatment (within reason).  It might not be fair to other fighters but we can't ignore what is happening.  The UFC didn't just pick McGregor and decide to treat him differently for no reason.  He changed fight promotion the way that Chael Sonnen did but on a grander scale.  To top it off, his results in victory were drastically different than what Chael did in his 2 fights against Silva and up until then, nobody gave a shit about Silva fights on a large scale until Chael came along.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 2:29:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Phantom.

Where do you think the 145 and 155 divisions would be without McGregor?  As I have posted, the UFC isn't a 100% merit based organization.  McGregor has done things for the company that not even Ronda Rousey has done.

Honestly, what do you think PPV numbers would look like if Aldo/Edgar, Edgar/Holloway Pettis/Alvarez, Nurmy/Alvarez, RDA/Nurmy, etc. were headlining PPVs?  We've already seen most of those fights either on PPV or FS1 cards.  They aren't pulling numbers anywhere close to McGregor.  

UFC 189 was supposed to be McGregor v. Aldo and got changed last minute to Mendes.  That PPV still did 825k buys.  4 PPVs prior was the LW title of Pettis v. RDA.  That PPV did 310k.  LW is the most stacked/talent rich divison and that card barely broke 300k buys.  Back then, Pettis and RDA were certainly the most talented, most deserving LW fighters in that division and that PPV did shit numbers.  

You seem to have some personal animus towards McGregor.  Totally fine and nobody wants to stop you from your opinion, but let's not forget that McGregor has done things for the UFC in terms of mass media popularity and revenue generation, that no other fighter has.  When a fighter does that, they get leeway to call their shots (within reason) and get special treatment (within reason).  It might not be fair to other fighters but we can't ignore what is happening.  The UFC didn't just pick McGregor and decide to treat him differently for no reason.  He changed fight promotion the way that Chael Sonnen did but on a grander scale.  To top it off, his results in victory were drastically different than what Chael did in his 2 fights against Silva and up until then, nobody gave a shit about Silva fights on a large scale until Chael came along.
View Quote

Seriously?

He has yet to defend the 145lb title. And he's had 1 fight at 155 and you ask where the divisions would be?  

I DGAF about how much money he makes or how many viewers he brings in.  I'm not arguing that.  I'm saying the dude has been given special treatment and hasn't had to work through the ranks.  For this reason I don't respect him.  Name another fighter who has been given a title fight when he has never competed in the division. I want to see who the best fighters are. Not who has the most fans or ppv buys.  It's not that hard a concept to grasp.  Im not sure what it is that people don't understand.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 3:11:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Seriously?

He has yet to defend the 145lb title. And he's had 1 fight at 155 and you ask where the divisions would be?  

I DGAF about how much money he makes or how many viewers he brings in.  I'm not arguing that.  I'm saying the dude has been given special treatment and hasn't had to work through the ranks.  For this reason I don't respect him.  Name another fighter who has been given a title fight when he has never competed in the division. I want to see who the best fighters are. Not who has the most fans or ppv buys.  It's not that hard a concept to grasp.  Im not sure what it is that people don't understand.
View Quote

And that's exactly why McGregor is special and frankly deserves some of the special treatment he gets.  He makes his UFC debut on a prelim card that was streamed on Facebook.  It wasn't even on live TV.  After he KO'd Brimage he was given a spot on the post fight press conference table.  The UFC didn't just randomly give some no name fighter a spot on the dais.  They responded to the fan/press reaction to him.  Since his debut he has made fans and media care about him through his talk AND his actions in the cage.

You know why McGregor is special and gets special treatment?  Because he takes risks that nobody else is willing to take.  If McGregor had lost to Aldo or Alvarez after all the shit he talked do you think he would be where he his right now?  Silva moved up to 205 to KO a couple of slow white boys.  I never heard Silva demanding a title shot against Jon Jones.  I never heard GSP demand a shot against Silva.  

McGregor KO'd (arguably) the #1, 2 or 3 pound for pound champ in the world in 13 seconds.  What does McGregor do?  He calls out (at the time) a 155lb. champ in Dos Anjos who looked utterly terrifying who has just ran through Anthony Pettis and Donald Cerrone.  Then after McGregor got boxed up and choked out by Diaz, he demands a rematch because the loss meant more to him than any of his other wins.

Demetrious Johnson has defended the 125lb. belt 8 times.  When has he ever demanded a shot at the 135lb. belt?  Never up until a few months ago, when he said he'd only fight Dominick Cruz for 2 millions dollars.  After McGregor had already won the 145 belt and got booked for the 155lb. title.

The UFC didn't pick McGregor out of a hat.  They saw his potential and gave him a push based on the fan/media attention McGregor created for himself.  McGregor won every fight in the lead up to the Aldo fight, beat a late replacement wrestler, KO'd Aldo in 13 seconds, avenged a loss to another late replacement in Diaz and then TKO'd the LW champ inside of 2 rounds and that's not respectable?
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 9:56:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And that's exactly why McGregor is special and frankly deserves some of the special treatment he gets.  He makes his UFC debut on a prelim card that was streamed on Facebook.  It wasn't even on live TV.  After he KO'd Brimage he was given a spot on the post fight press conference table.  The UFC didn't just randomly give some no name fighter a spot on the dais.  They responded to the fan/press reaction to him.  Since his debut he has made fans and media care about him through his talk AND his actions in the cage.

You know why McGregor is special and gets special treatment?  Because he takes risks that nobody else is willing to take.  If McGregor had lost to Aldo or Alvarez after all the shit he talked do you think he would be where he his right now?  Silva moved up to 205 to KO a couple of slow white boys.  I never heard Silva demanding a title shot against Jon Jones.  I never heard GSP demand a shot against Silva.  

McGregor KO'd (arguably) the #1, 2 or 3 pound for pound champ in the world in 13 seconds.  What does McGregor do?  He calls out (at the time) a 155lb. champ in Dos Anjos who looked utterly terrifying who has just ran through Anthony Pettis and Donald Cerrone.  Then after McGregor got boxed up and choked out by Diaz, he demands a rematch because the loss meant more to him than any of his other wins.

Demetrious Johnson has defended the 125lb. belt 8 times.  When has he ever demanded a shot at the 135lb. belt?  Never up until a few months ago, when he said he'd only fight Dominick Cruz for 2 millions dollars.  After McGregor had already won the 145 belt and got booked for the 155lb. title.

The UFC didn't pick McGregor out of a hat.  They saw his potential and gave him a push based on the fan/media attention McGregor created for himself.  McGregor won every fight in the lead up to the Aldo fight, beat a late replacement wrestler, KO'd Aldo in 13 seconds, avenged a loss to another late replacement in Diaz and then TKO'd the LW champ inside of 2 rounds and that's not respectable?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously?

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously?

Jesus some of you guys are dense.  I simply make the statement the dude gets special treatment.  Half of you agree with me.  Then try to reason why it's ok.
GD gonna GD.
Once again did anybody even watch the interview I posted with Khabib? I'm not the only one claiming this.  The #1 ranked lightweight said the same thing I did.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:41:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Conor GOAT

The only other person to simultaneously hold major belts in two different divisions was Hendo in pride just before it was bought by the UFC

Nobody has crushed champions in two different weight divisions the way he has.
View Quote

Silva could have done it in his prime.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#10]
A couple of fight cards tomorrow.  

UFC Fight Night Mousasi vs Hall 2

Only on Fight Pass

Prelims start 11:15am ET

Main Card start  3pm ET

UFC Fight Night - Bader vs Antonio (lil nog) Nogueira 2

FS1

Prelims start 7pm  ET

Main card  9pm   ET

In other news,  Conor Mcgregor not fighting until at least May 2017
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A couple of fight cards tomorrow.  

UFC Fight Night Mousasi vs Hall 2
Only on Fight Pass

Prelims start 11:15am ET
Main Card start  3pm ET

http://i.imgur.com/SlNUzwi.png

UFC Fight Night - Bader vs Antonio (lil nog) Nogueira 2
FS1

Prelims start 7pm  ET
Main card  9pm   ET

http://i.imgur.com/DjrjlfM.png

In other news,  Conor Mcgregor not fighting until at least May 2017
View Quote

Thanks for picking up the slack man.  Been slammed this week trying to get work finished before the short week next week.  Not great top to bottom cards but a few nice fights on each one.  I think our boy Ishihara is gonna wreck shop on Conor's training partner.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm watching Invicta FC 20 live now on Fightpass.

I know a lot of you don't like to watch chick fights but I find them entertaining.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 1:51:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I know a lot of you don't like to watch chick fights but I find them entertaining.
View Quote

I'll probably catch up on it tomorrow.  Proportionally there might be more "boring' woman's fights compred to men but if people think most all UFC fights are good haven't really paid attention to some of these cards with low level 185/205/265 talent.  It can be a shit show with guys gassing out about 90 seconds into the first round.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'll probably catch up on it tomorrow.  Proportionally there might be more "boring' woman's fights compred to men but if people think most all UFC fights are good haven't really paid attention to some of these cards with low level 185/205/265 talent.  It can be a shit show with guys gassing out about 90 seconds into the first round.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No lie there. I think conditioning wins about 2/3 of the low level fights.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A lot of those guys want to capitalize on their opportunity to be in the UFC and blow their load quickly.  Which in turn can lead to some fantastic KOs.  They know they could be 1 or 2 losses away from being cut.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted: I think our boy Ishihara is gonna wreck shop on Conor's training partner.
View Quote

I was rooting for him. I love Ishihara. His personality is gold, I wish he spoke better english.  He is tough, ate some big shots but kept coming.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Is the purse swinging over?

Its fight night

Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:42:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Late to the party, but I'm here.

Purse is put away. For now.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:52:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I was rooting for him. I love Ishihara. His personality is gold, I wish he spoke better english.  He is tough, ate some big shots but kept coming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: I think our boy Ishihara is gonna wreck shop on Conor's training partner.

He is tough. Not to knock Lobov but I did not see him winning that fight. But he fought well.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#20]
UFC Fight Night:  Brunson v. Whitaker

Prelims on FS1 @ 5pm/8pm Pst/Est

Main on FS1 @ 7pm/10pm Ps/tEst

Unfortunately this card took a huge hit when Rockhold v. Souza fell out.  It's really a weak card even by FS1 standards.  It sucks for everybody on the card because it's not their fault the UFC can't figure out how to properly load card, have contingency plans and not put 3 title fights on a NYC/McGregor card that really didn't need it.  They could have saved both of those other title fights for later.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#21]
The Fight Pass fights were really good.  This card lacks name value but there's some good matchups.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Nguyen looked pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Apparently drowning your opponent in your own blood is a strategy tonight.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Nguyen looked pretty damn good.
View Quote

Very nice. He got his start with my bjj instructor. Lost his fight here in town awhile back. Glad he won.

Seems like a really decent guy.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Holy fuck, Daniel Kelly was leaking.....bad.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
UFC Fight Night:  Brunson v. Whitaker

Main on FS1 @ 7pm/10pm Ps/tEst

http://i.imgur.com/kdHJPf0.png

Unfortunately this card took a huge hit when Rockhold v. Souza fell out.  It's really a weak card even by FS1 standards.  It sucks for everybody on the card because it's not their fault the UFC can't figure out how to properly load card, have contingency plans and not put 3 title fights on a NYC/McGregor card that really didn't need it.  They could have saved both of those other title fights for later.
View Quote

Where do you guys find these cards? (Formatted as they are) I literally come to ARFCOM to find this in a format that's easy to understand and fits in one page, when I should be able to see that on any site. The UFC's site is illegible, especially once the fights start and they start moving the 'current' fight to the top and the completed ones to the bottom and... jesus christ, I just want to know what's next when I'm on the DVR.

As for your last comment... I sorta agree, because 206 is a dog that should be put down (cancelled), but back on the previous page you posted the PPV buys... and I think they did just fine on 205.

Link Posted: 11/27/2016 12:28:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
  Yeah.  Rousey was definitely legit.  She wasn't "protected" she was just the first in the next evolution of the women's game.  As the sport gets more popular you have better and better quality athletes joining.  Same thing happened to the men's game.  People like Matt Hughes and Rich Franklin came in and dominated for a while, and then a better class of athletes like Anderson Silva came through.  Rousey was legit dominant for the time she was champ.  It's just that better fighters are joining every day.  Now she is one of several top tier fighters who could each win on any given Saturday.  
View Quote

She really wasn't that good: everyone else just sucked that much.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 1:49:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Brunson just got knocked the fuck out
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 1:50:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Brunson just got knocked the fuck out
View Quote

Yeah, he was sloppy as shit with those haymakers and payed for it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 2:24:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Holy shit, Khalil Roundtree from TUF is getting his shot in the UFC. Didn't know that he was fighting tonight.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 3:50:12 AM EDT
[#31]
What a mess 206 has been.

UFC 206 gets new headliner: Max Holloway vs. Anthony Pettis for interim title, Conor McGregor stripped of featherweight belt.

With Holloway vs. Pettis now slated for the interim belt, reigning interim titleholder Jose Aldo (26-2 MMA, 8-1 UFC) has been promoted to the main title, and primary 145-pound titleholder Conor McGregor (21-3 MMA, 9-1 UFC), who also recently won the lightweight belt, has been stripped of the featherweight belt. The changes were made official on the UFC Fight Night 101 broadcast on FS1.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/11/ufc-206-gets-new-headliner-max-holloway-vs-anthony-pettis-for-interim-title-1

Link Posted: 11/27/2016 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What a mess 206 has been.

UFC 206 gets new headliner: Max Holloway vs. Anthony Pettis for interim title, Conor McGregor stripped of featherweight belt.

With Holloway vs. Pettis now slated for the interim belt, reigning interim titleholder Jose Aldo (26-2 MMA, 8-1 UFC) has been promoted to the main title, and primary 145-pound titleholder Conor McGregor (21-3 MMA, 9-1 UFC), who also recently won the lightweight belt, has been stripped of the featherweight belt. The changes were made official on the UFC Fight Night 101 broadcast on FS1.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/11/ufc-206-gets-new-headliner-max-holloway-vs-anthony-pettis-for-interim-title-1

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 12:31:24 AM EDT
[#33]
I can't wait to see McGregor's statement.  We're about to witness a real chess match.  McGregor is without a date a bigger PPV draw than anybody, including Lesnar and GSP and Rousey.

He's going to get paid, get ownership stake or he'll take a walk.  He's a lot smarter of a businessman than I think people give him credit for.  He knows his worth.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Boom! Dana didn't seem amused when he gave him that second belt in the ring.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Can anyone explain the rationale they used to take Connor's belt ?

Did I miss the fight where he lost it ?  And - to what fighter ?
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 9:48:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

well if you don't want to defend the belt why bother to have him keep it.  It's not like he was hurt and unable to defend the belt.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Didn't he just fight ?
Has he said he won't defend his titles ?
( I really wouldn't know )

Oh well, I suppose he's been playing too many games with them.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

The REAL rationale is that the UFC 151'd itself yet again.  They had a 206 PPV that was "good" but really dependent on the main event with Cormier v. Rumble.  Once that fell through they had 3 options:

1)  Cancel the card like 151 and lose a TON of money

2)  Rebrand it as an FS1 card which sometimes doesn't work due to scheduling conflicts AND lose PPV money

3)  Strip Conor, make Aldo the champ and fabricate this "interim" belt shit to make people think the PPV is still good.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The REAL rationale is that the UFC 151'd itself yet again.  They had a 206 PPV that was "good" but really dependent on the main event with Cormier v. Rumble.  Once that fell through they had 3 options:

2)  Rebrand it as an FS1 card which sometimes doesn't work due to scheduling conflicts AND lose PPV money

3)  Strip Conor, make Aldo the champ and fabricate this "interim" belt shit to make people think the PPV is still good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That about sums it up.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Didn't he just fight ?

Has he said he won't defend his titles ?

( I really wouldn't know )

Oh well, I suppose he's been playing too many games with them.
View Quote

Just remember that everything outside the Octagon is pro wrestling level shenanigans, these decisions will make more sense after that.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Can't wait for Dana's response to this one.

UFC stars including St-Pierre and Cerrone, former Bellator boss Rebney announce MMA Athletes Association to challenge UFC

A group of five UFC fighters and former Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney today announced the formation of the MMA Athletes Association, which seeks to organize fighters with the aim of getting better treatment from the industry-leader.

Former UFC champs Georges St-Pierre, Cain Velasquez and T.J. Dillashaw joined UFC standouts Donald Cerrone and Tim Kennedy with Rebney to denounce the WME-IMG led promotion’s treatment of fighters and demand greater protections for those that fight in the octagon.

The association will be run entirely by fighters, according to Kennedy, with Rebney telling MMAjunkie that he will serve in an advisor-only role.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/11/ufc-stars-including-st-pierre-and-cerrone-former-bellator-boss-rebney-announce-mma-athletes-association-to-challenge-ufc
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:31:19 PM EDT
[#42]
McGregor has been issued a boxing license in the state of California.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 2:17:38 AM EDT
[#43]
I still don't understand how you just hand Aldo the belt back and make Hollaway and Pettit fight for the 'interim' belt.

Unless of course you're desperate to sell PPV buys which they won't.

Quoted:
View Quote

Well that's.... interesting.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I still don't understand how you just hand Aldo the belt back and make Hollaway and Pettit fight for the 'interim' belt.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It was inevitable that he was going to be stripped.  But DC pulling out with injury and making up some silly, "PPV saving" interim FW main event makes absolutely no sense.  This is "wiping before you poop" kinda sense.

The boxing license is simply a reaction.  This will be a chess match.  I don't think people realize how smart of a promoter/businessman McGregor is.  He's thinking through his moves.  You'll notice there was no tweets from him or his coach when the news broke of the title change.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just downloaded the show.  Gonna listen tomorrow.  Joe Rogan isn't going to be a fanboy.  He'll probably have a very interesting discussion with Jones.  He won't attack him or try and set trap questions, but if a certain question comes up in conversation he wants to ask, he's not going to shy away from it.  Should be real interesting.  From what I saw on twitter, this was Jones' idea to get out and clear the air.

I still stand firm in my belief that Jones is full of shit.  His public persona is not what he is like in private.  He's a very odd duck that's for sure.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#47]
double tap
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:36:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Full of shit in what way?

I'm about half way through the Rinella episode, should be able to bang out Jones' tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:38:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I just downloaded the show.  Gonna listen tomorrow.  Joe Rogan isn't going to be a fanboy.  He'll probably have a very interesting discussion with Jones.  He won't attack him or try and set trap questions, but if a certain question comes up in conversation he wants to ask, he's not going to shy away from it.  Should be real interesting.  From what I saw on twitter, this was Jones' idea to get out and clear the air.

I still stand firm in my belief that Jones is full of shit.  His public persona is not what he is like in private.  He's a very odd duck that's for sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously, from the off air death threats at DC through DWI, coke, & stripper issues he's pretty obviously not Mr. squeaky clean. The funny thing is he didn't have to pretend to be that to be successful and well liked. All he had to do was be a nice guy in public, make time for the fans, and watch his mouth on social media. Along with his talent that was all that was required for him to be a superstar, he's not running for congress he punches other people in the face for a living.

Why he decided to pretend to be an extremely pious and devout man is beyond me.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:39:09 AM EDT
[#50]
TUF 24 Finale:  Johnson v. Elliot

Saturday, December 3rd

Main on FS1 @ 7pm/10pm Pst/Est

Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top