BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 86
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 10/16/2012 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#2]
That moderator was TRASH, and a biased @#$@#.   I think Romney did ok tonight.  He had Obumbler studdering alot and calling on Candy for help...  FBHO and his entire administration.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Goatboy, for allowing me to witness arfcom history!
This will be the place to be on election day.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]

They activated their "poll" after the Romney hits.  CNN is a bunch of liberal turds anyway.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Soooo what happens to my AR's if a ban does get passed???

They are sent to me so I can dispose of them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks Goatboy, for allowing me to witness arfcom history!
This will be the place to be on election day.

This is the place to be everyday

GB needs to setup a push/feed thread viewing option so we can have these rolling threads work better without pounding on the f5 button (and subsequently his servers)... pseudo IRC style.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Wrong lady...I CARE ABOUT Fast & Furious.  That program killed my Brothers!  
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They activated their "poll" after the Romney hits.  CNN is a bunch of liberal turds anyway.

Ah yes, the ever popular "snap shoot from the nipple" style.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Obama 9-12
No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.  Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America.  We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act.  And make no mistake, justice will be done.

Obama lied.

yup and crowley backed up his lie

And the media will continue to spin it so it becomes Mitt's flub, not Barry's.

Playing devil's advocate here, how did Obama lie? He made reference to acts of terror in the speech regarding Benghazi.

Was he not speaking of the Sept 11th attack just prior to where that sentence begins.  Does anyone believe he fucking spent two weeks insisting it was a protest gone bad after the event but acknowleged it was a terrorist attack immeadiately in his speach?   Really.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/09/12/transcript-read-president-obamas-remarks-on-american-deaths-in-libya-attack/

I'm having a hard time saying that it was a speech about 9/11... I

Ok.  Then again, I didn't say the speech was about 9/11.  He spoke of "acts of terror" reffering to several events to include 9/11and threw this into the ambigous mix afterward.  Earlier stating that we should not say mean stuff about thier religion to lay the groundwork for spending the next 2 weeks characterizing it as a protest that got carried away, presented it to the UN that way and was dragged kicking and screaming along with the press to the conclusion that it was a coordinated attack by that group he supposedly had all bagged up.

Devil's Advocate, if it was a terrorist attack and he was trying to say so to the public, why was it the product of a video that enraged Muslims?

Link Posted: 10/16/2012 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I just looked through the transcript.

Romney interrupted Obama once... 7 words.

Obama interrupted Romney multiple times, during 6 different time-segments that belonged to Romney.

What a joke, and libs want to act like Romney was rude.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd call it a draw.

Obama showed up, got in a few good zingers, and had big help from the moderator, and sympathetic questions from the audience.  He also had the chance to get the last word in, more often than not.

Romney, on the other hand, had much more substantive talking points, didn't pander like Obama did, and gave back pretty well when he had the opportunity.  I also think it's important that Mitt had a friendly, warm tone of voice throughout the whole thing.  Mitts stage presense is comforting, unlike Obabam's which is more confrontational and sharp.  For those people who judge things by thier feelings, I think this might be an important edge.

While I think I might call it a slight Obama victory (mostly due to mediator bias), it certainly wasn't a one-sided beatdown like the first one.  I was hopping to see a drubbing like the first debate, but I'm still pretty happy with Romney's performance.

Overall, I think it'll rally the democratic base, but it won't really change many peoples minds either way.  Heck, it may even end up costing Zero some votes once the moderator bias and fact checking get some traction.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#12]
POLITICO Fails to understand the major legal difference between semi-automatic and automatic weapons..
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82505_Page2.html

Romney: "We of course don’t want to have automatic weapons, and that’s already illegal in this country to have automatic weapons.”

This was correct — until about eight years ago.

Certain types of semi-automatic firearms were banned by a law that Bill Clinton signed 1994, but it expired a decade later. Obama noted during Tuesday’s Long Island debate he’d like to get the ban reintroduced in Congress, but the chances of it passing are slim.

Romney made a similar comment about "illegal” weapons after the Colorado movie theater shooting, though a spokesman lateremailed FactCheck.org to explain that the Republican was referring to the bombs in alleged shooter James Holmes’ apartment.

FAILURE!

Link Posted: 10/16/2012 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Simple.  Go boating!  
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 8:45:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Susan Estrich is on Fox right now.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Simple.  Go boating!  

"I gave all mine to Aimless..."
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Did anyone catch when Obummer said the attack in Libya was a crime? he thinks an act of war is a crime?
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#17]
In on 84.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#18]
It's finally midnight, saw debate twice on Commie span made page 60.. pre-ban Ak is now equal in value to Chevrolet  63 split window stingray.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 9:05:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Obama 9-12
No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.  Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America.  We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act.  And make no mistake, justice will be done.

Obama lied.

yup and crowley backed up his lie

And the media will continue to spin it so it becomes Mitt's flub, not Barry's.

Playing devil's advocate here, how did Obama lie? He made reference to acts of terror in the speech regarding Benghazi.

O was referring to acts of terror not going unpunished.  He was not saying that Benghazi was an act of terror, far from it.  He was attempting to NOT call it an act of terrorism because the fix was already in, as it was that evil movie trailer.  His administration did everything possible to avoid calling the embassy attack and act of terror until it could no longer be denied.  Thats what the Rose Garden speech was all about and Romney and the rest of us knew it already.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Got some goof laughs from Facebook tonight.  The typical liberal response, while still mind boggling, is comical.   I do find the common vitriol nomenclature used by the left to be over-the-top though.

Goatboy and staff, thanks for keeping the servers up tonight.  I would enjoy seeing what the db report/perfmon looks like tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck you Mitt you gun grabbing piece of shit.

He's going for the Independents. He did fine tonight.

Then he is doing a shitty job I am an independent and so far he has done nothing to impress me at all. He is doing a better job than Oblamo, but still not impressing me one bit. He has a lot more work to do before I even think of changing to his camp.
Holy shit.  Voting Obama are we?

No actually I am voting for Johnson.  This whole this election is the most important one of your life got old 8 years ago.  I am voting for the candidate that fits my ideals and what I stand for.  I can not stand Oblamo nor Obmney.  

Congrats on doing something foolish.

Very, very foolish.

Monumentally foolish.

And I see you are indeed voting for Obama

Yes, someone posted above that about 60% of all gun owners have a head on their shoulders and use the brain God gave them.  (to paraphrase) The other 40% insist on smashing their own thumb with a hammer every chance they get.  (my words)  My advise, which is worth just what it costs, is forget Johnson whatever his name is.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
ABC calling it "CLEAR VICTORY BY THE PRESIDENT"

This was obviously rigged

1. All the audience were pre-screened by the Obama administration to make sure they were supporters.  They were then given tickets and told to act "independent"
2. The Moderator is a personal friend of Obama's
3. The Moderator cut off Romney many, many times, and allowed Obama much more time to speak
4. The debate was held in a liberal enclave, at a very liberal campus.
5. The "Undecideds" were also Obama voters in 2008.

proof sir?

Im not Obama supporter but id love to see some facts on this for knocking bitches around later
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. All the audience were pre-screened by the Obama administration to make sure they were supporters.  They were then given tickets and told to act "independent"
3. The Moderator cut off Romney many, many times, and allowed Obama much more time to speak

proof sir?

Im not Obama supporter but id love to see some facts on this for knocking bitches around later

The lady who asked about assault weapons is a registered Democrat.

And there's this: http://www.volokh.com/2012/10/16/was-undecided-questioner-catherine-fenton-media-coordinator-of-codepink-long-island/
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'd call it a draw.

Obama showed up, got in a few good zingers, and had big help from the moderator, and sympathetic questions from the audience.  He also had the chance to get the last word in, more often than not.

Romney, on the other hand, had much more substantive talking points, didn't pander like Obama did, and gave back pretty well when he had the opportunity.  I also think it's important that Mitt had a friendly, warm tone of voice throughout the whole thing.  Mitts stage presense is comforting, unlike Obabam's which is more confrontational and sharp.  For those people who judge things by thier feelings, I think this might be an important edge.

While I think I might call it a slight Obama victory (mostly due to mediator bias), it certainly wasn't a one-sided beatdown like the first one.  I was hopping to see a drubbing like the first debate, but I'm still pretty happy with Romney's performance.

Overall, I think it'll rally the democratic base, but it won't really change many peoples minds either way.  Heck, it may even end up costing Zero some votes once the moderator bias and fact checking get some traction.

Dont forget the AWB talk from Obama.  This is big, in my estimation.  There are a lot of fence sitters in Nevada and Ohio.  Kommifornia not so much.  However, your post has merit.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Well nothing that happened tonight would lead anyone with a working brain to vote for O but I have a question.

Did Romney misspeak more than once when he was talking about the UN representative saying what we now know for sure was a the terrorist attack was 'a spontaneous protest".  I though the UN guy said it was a terrorist attack early on.
Crossed wires?
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Romney brought up fast and furious.

Obama said 'Candy'.

Candy interrupted Romney and changed the subject.

I was discussing this with some libtards, who claimed that Romney was off-topic.

The question was:"President Obama, during the Democratic National Convention in 2008, you stated you wanted to keep AK-47s out of the hands of criminals. What has your administration done or plan to do to limit the availability of assault weapons?"

So yeah, talking about a government program that put assault weapons in the hands of criminals is irrelevant to how the administration has worked to keep assault weapons out of the hands of criminals.

Link Posted: 10/16/2012 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well nothing that happened tonight would lead anyone with a working brain to vote for O but I have a question.

Did Romney misspeak more than once when he was talking about the UN representative saying what we now know for sure was a the terrorist attack was 'a spontaneous protest".  I though the UN guy said it was a terrorist attack early on.
Crossed wires?

I think he was talking about Rice.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Its confusing... They called it an act of terror, and also said it was spontaneous because of the video. They pretty much said both the whole time.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Did Romney misspeak more than once when he was talking about the UN representative saying what we now know for sure was a the terrorist attack was 'a spontaneous protest". I though the UN guy said it was a terrorist attack early on.

Crossed wires?

He was talking about the US ambassador to the UN, who stated on at least five separate talk shows on TV, that it was a demonstration gone wrong against that stupid video.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

proof sir?

And there's this: http://www.volokh.com/2012/10/16/was-undecided-questioner-catherine-fenton-media-coordinator-of-codepink-long-island/

Minus the headline...

Was “Undecided” Questioner Catherine Fenton Former Media Coordinator of CodePink Long Island? [UPDATE: Probably not]""
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I noticed that the current bozo in office sure tapped dance around alot of the questions.  I thought there were a number of them he didn't even answer.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 11:04:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 11:38:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I noticed that the current bozo in office sure tapped dance around alot of the questions. I thought there were a number of them he didn't even answer.

The mod handled those for him.

It was so obvious as to be painful to watch.

What a sham.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:36:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I just tweeted Kohn:  Who is Brian Terry?

Fuck that idiot.

You sir are awesome.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:09:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

"terrorism" is the most bullshit word there is. It's a faux crime. Used to incite and patronize.

No, actually it is a very specific word with a concise definition found in title 18 of the US Code.

EVERYTHING can fall under the definition.
Again, this is 100% NOT TRUE. "Terrorism" a very specific word with a concise definition found in title 18 of the US Code.
Let's call the shit for what it really is. Murder. Pure and simple and we don't have to create 632 new agencies dedicated to murder when we already got some.
You are again mistaken.  Read the law before you open your mouth.
Just a convenient way to slam war, funding, invasion of privacy, and new laws down our throats under the guise of protection and patriotism. Hell, they're so conceited as to give it the acronym of USAPATRIOT Act to one of 'em. Jesus, that's such an insult to the American people.

The definition of "Terrorism"has been Law for many years before the Patriot Act.  The ONLY change to that definition that the Patriot Act made, was the addition of the use of WMD.  

Oh, and please explain how USAPATRIOTACT is an acronym (genius).  

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 2:46:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Did anyone catch when Obummer said the attack in Libya was a crime? he thinks an act of war is a crime?

I have said it before.  We are back in the Clinton days of international terrorism being a "criminal matter" and that worked out so well for us.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 3:47:19 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Wow.  I have pretty low expectations of most "liberals", and this still blows me away.

No one gives a shit about the .gov supplying narco-terrorists with weapons that led to the murder of American(s)?

I hope this stupid fucking cunt sits on a rusted piece of AIDS-infested rebar and gets waterboarded with prune juice.
What she meant to say is that they don't.

They have already made up their mind that "assault weapons" need to be banned, and the involvement of the government in a scandal involving assault weapons in Mexico doesn't change this fact.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 3:50:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have said it before.  We are back in the Clinton days of international terrorism being a "criminal matter" and that worked out so well for us.

I agree. They would like to give them civi trials and house them in federal pens..

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 3:55:52 AM EDT
[#39]
I just wrote on my FB:

For those that believe that Obama won the debate last night, please consider the political strategy implications:

The "swing" states in this election are as follows: Colorado, Florida, Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin

Obama put gun control back on the table. Ask yourself what potential gain he could possibly have by taking the position he did–– especially considering the swing states.

Gun control has been a proven loser in politics. It cost the Democrats control of Congress in 1994 by historic margins, hence Obama has not wanted to take on the issue.

Now, he pulls it out as a campaign tactic–– a losing proposition in the past is now introduced into his campaign.

We can reasonably believe that gun control could easily cost Obama the potential of getting Florida, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and possibly Virginia and New Hampshire.

Play attention, not to the rhetoric, but to the SUBSTANCE of the debates.

It was an attempt to re-energize the less-than-enthusiastic far-left, but it does nothing but cost votes in the center. That has always been the dilemma in politics: How do I keep the deeply-entrenched supporter while courting the center?

Obama NEEDS the center, and from a strategy perspective, he just made a mistake by being nailed down on a losing proposition. Thus, you cannot claim an Obama victory. The mistake will cost him.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 3:59:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 4:01:20 AM EDT
[#41]
So does anybody have a break down of total time and interuptions like the VP debate, or am i just missing it?
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 4:02:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So does anybody have a break down of total time and interuptions like the VP debate, or am i just missing it?

3 more minutes for Zero.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 4:07:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I just wrote on my FB:

For those that believe that Obama won the debate last night, please consider the political strategy implications:

The "swing" states in this election are as follows: Colorado, Florida, Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin

Obama put gun control back on the table. Ask yourself what potential gain he could possibly have by taking the position he did–– especially considering the swing states.

Gun control has been a proven loser in politics. It cost the Democrats control of Congress in 1994 by historic margins, hence Obama has not wanted to take on the issue.

Now, he pulls it out as a campaign tactic–– a losing proposition in the past is now introduced into his campaign.

We can reasonably believe that gun control could easily cost Obama the potential of getting Florida, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and possibly Virginia and New Hampshire.

Play attention, not to the rhetoric, but to the SUBSTANCE of the debates.

It was an attempt to re-energize the less-than-enthusiastic far-left, but it does nothing but cost votes in the center. That has always been the dilemma in politics: How do I keep the deeply-entrenched supporter while courting the center?

Obama NEEDS the center, and from a strategy perspective, he just made a mistake by being nailed down on a losing proposition. Thus, you cannot claim an Obama victory. The mistake will cost him.

Last night's debate. I'll score Obama 52 Romney 48 on aggressiveness. ...but on SUBSTANCE, Romney 72 Obama 28. Obama had no command of facts or figures, and had little to say but Blame Bush, and Romney is a Flip Flopper. Romney again laid out his plan to improve the country through Job Growth.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 4:10:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Romney brought up fast and furious.

Obama said 'Candy'.

Candy interrupted Romney and changed the subject.

I was discussing this with some libtards, who claimed that Romney was off-topic.

The question was:"President Obama, during the Democratic National Convention in 2008, you stated you wanted to keep AK-47s out of the hands of criminals. What has your administration done or plan to do to limit the availability of assault weapons?"

So yeah, talking about a government program that put assault weapons in the hands of criminals is irrelevant to how the administration has worked to keep assault weapons out of the hands of criminals.

Obama answered the question directly (stating he wants to renew the AWB) then went on to talk about violence, law enforcement, etc.  Romney then answered the question directly (no interest in new gun laws) then went on to talk about violence, law enforcement, etc., which included F&F.  At that point, it seemed to me like Romney was putting the ball back in Obama's court and the moderator cut him off so Obama would not have to respond.

She basically ran protection, and once again Mr Executive Privilege did not hav to answer for F&F.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 4:35:04 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. All the audience were pre-screened by the Obama administration to make sure they were supporters. They were then given tickets and told to act "independent"

proof sir?

Michelle Malkin identified all the participants in the 2008 town hall debate and (surprise!) they were all liberal Dims.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 4:55:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just sent Mitt another $25.

Me too.

<––-NRA Life Member within the last two months. I also plan on throwing the NRA ILA some money.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 5:00:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Mitt had the perfect opportunity to beat Obama over the head last night with the gas question.

Obama was talking about fuel efficiency in a decade

Mr. President, people are suffering now.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 5:06:47 AM EDT
[#48]
What also kills me is Romney has yet to bring up Obama shutting down the space program.

I hope it comes up in the next debate. The man out and out lied to Nasa, claiming they would always have jobs, we would build a new shuttle...blah blah

Now 7000 people out of work, and we strap our astronaughts to Soviet shit to go to our space station.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 5:45:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
romney: bring rates down for everyone. simplify the tax code.

middle class income has come down last 4 years wwhile all prices are up

limit deductions and exemptions for those in the top brakets. i wont have the top 5% paying less than they are now.

every middle income won't pay tax on interest dividends or capitol gains.

balanced budget

oops tried to edit my other post not repost.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 5:49:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
romney: bring rates down for everyone. simplify the tax code.

middle class income has come down last 4 years wwhile all prices are up

limit deductions and exemptions for those in the top brakets. i wont have the top 5% paying less than they are now.

every middle income won't pay tax on interest dividends or capitol gains.

balanced budget

I don't like the part in red, but on the whole that plan beats the hell out of anything Obama can or will bring to the table.

How some here still think that Obama and Romney are the same simply baffles me.

Page / 86
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top