Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Scottish royalty from the Isle of Skye.  Way on back down the road.  Can't get the wife on board with me wearing kilts though.  Wives...

Clan Macdonald? That would be me. Actually, some Norse people that married into the clan.

ETA
I am the KING of page 4!
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I imagine odds have it that if you trace far enough back, most anyone can find a connection to some nobility.

This. Let's not take ourselves too seriously!
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The way that noble families inbred, most if not all of the claims of royal blood are incorrect.

Also, how is it that so many white people i meet are mayflower desendants?

My anscestors crossed Kit Carson pass before Kit Carson did. They also slapped Mejico around in the bear flag revolt. Then they got poor mining the gold rush... lol. Hence the prohibition bootlegging.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Directly related to Mary Queen of Scots and indirectly related to the last king of Ireland who ever the fuck that was.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Not me; my grandfather was kidnapped by Baptists from North American Aborigines back in the late 1890.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this white peoples' equivalent of saying, "I'm part Cherokee?"
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#7]
On my dad's side, there was a Welsh Duke a long time ago.

On my mom's side there is none to my knowledge, but we can trace it back to 867 A.D. in Norway.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My grandmother was from a wealthy German family. She was born in the late 1800's. Her mother was supposedly a German baroness and her father was supposedly a blue blood. His last name started with "Von". I have a book in German Die Deutshclandreise de Arion from NY from 1908 where he appears with Teddy Roosevelt in photos.

Noble titles were abolished in Germany in 1919.

http://i42.tinypic.com/20fvj0p.jpg

Oh hello cousin!

I bet you didn't think you would e related to me
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is this white peoples' equivalent of saying, "I'm part Cherokee?"

Lol no everybody here thinks they are 1/64 slapahoe too
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#11]
My emigrant ancestor was a 10th generation descendent of King Edward III of England.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#12]
The old homestead of my Gramps family on Moms side.

Bloodline runs back to the Wards and Suttons, and further back to the Dudleys.
At a certain point, the bad blood caused by the Suttons got Gramps family run the hell out of Britan, and all the damn Scotts then ran them out of Nova scotia as well.
Imprison just one popular queen, and the Scotts get thier skirts in a knot...

My mom was fascinated by this shit, so I yakked it up with the B.I.O.T. Brit Rep one afternoon, and got he did some digging for her, and had a bunch of documentation sent to her from the records keepers at some historical society in Birmingham. Sometimes, it's best not to know exactly why blood relatives left a castle and a good life behind them. Some of Gramps family were real fuckers!

Link Posted: 1/19/2012 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I have noble blood.  In a mason jar.  On the shelf in my shed.
What's your address?
First.

Post.

Wins.

Link Posted: 1/19/2012 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Not that I know of, but I do have at least one ancestor who may have shed some noble blood while he was fighting for the birth of this nation.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I personally own title to 49 acres.  I have declared myself Baron.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scottish royalty from the Isle of Skye.  Way on back down the road.  Can't get the wife on board with me wearing kilts though.  Wives...

Clan Macdonald? That would be me. Actually, some Norse people that married into the clan.

ETA

I am the KING of page 4!
Manship...you have a defective one. I LOVE men in kilts.

Windknot...Clan MacDonald is a fascinating clan. I know more about the 17th century Glencoe MacDonalds than I do about my own lineage.

Link Posted: 1/19/2012 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes

Traced back to the 1600's on my grandfathers side. I'll leave it at that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#19]
On my mom's side, verifiable link to William the Conquerer.   Wish all his lands were still in the family
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted: German landsknechter,

Landsknechts were mercenaries. Very few nobles took that job.

Quite the opposite. Most noblemen in 15th-16th century Germany were impoverished knights, who were more or less forced to take up the mercenary profession, because the practice of rigid primogeniture deprived them of access to agnatic inheritance. By the time commoners made up the majority of cavalry (in the late 16th century) they were no longer called landsknechter but reiters.
Landsknecht were pretty  much everyday run of the mill mercenaries but got to wear the gayest stuff ever. Most were pikemen or arbequisers. Sure some guys who were knights at one time joined thier ranks but they were certainly not the majority.

Speaking of Reiters, I have a 3/4 black and white harness complete with burgonet collecting dust. Not an original. I had a guy in the Ukraine make it for me.

Link Posted: 1/19/2012 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Reiters were a form of light cavalry armed with firearms, and had nothing to do with the landsknechte, who were mostly pikemen, and who were, yes, mostly commoners.
This. reiters primary weapon was a wheel lock. 2 of them to be exact. And yes Landsknecht were commoners.

Link Posted: 1/19/2012 8:25:51 PM EDT
[#22]
A Prussian Prince through marriage several times removed. That's the only one I know of.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I just found out that I am a direct descendent of Shaka Zulu.

Now I have the urge to go spear some redcoats.

Link Posted: 1/19/2012 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#24]
My great-grandmother was a Wedgwood.

Darwin's wife was Emma Wedgwood.

Charles Darwin is my 5th cousin, 7x removed.

The Wedgwoods also married into the royal family. Edward I (Longshanks) is my 5th cousin, 23x removed.

It doesn't mean much of anything.....Grampa Longshanks didn't let me gut anybody or invade any foreign lands. Instead the offspring of his offspring of his offspring married some poor Irish immigrant farmers and lived in the projects.

Makes a cool story, though. Sort of. But not really. Royalty doesn't mean shit in this country.....as it should be.

So.....my claim to fame is I'm a nobody just like every other red-blooded American.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#25]
I am a descendant of adam.  oh wait, so is everyone else.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm not.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not.

thats because youre a neanderthal
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 1:28:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Royal blood? I am a fucking GODDESS! it doesn't get much higher than that!

Pics of you in your Goddess robes. please.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 1:31:23 AM EDT
[#29]
OP, you have been here almost 2 years.

Everyone on Arfcom:

1. Has a 160+ IQ
    Makes 150k+ a year
    Is married to/dates a supermodel
    Has a 9+ inch penis
    Is a descendent of nobility/jesus
    Has advanced degrees/doctorates
    Etc

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 1:32:51 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Everyone on Arfcom:

1. Has a 160+ IQ

Makes 150k+ a year

Has a 9+ inch penis

Etc

I'm a failure, I only score 4/6 of those

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 1:46:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Everyone on Arfcom:

1. Has a 160+ IQ
    Makes 150k+ a year
    Has a 9+ inch penis
    Etc

dont forget the fact that I can bench press the combined weight of a large african village,with my 12 inch penis.......
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 2:18:53 AM EDT
[#32]
IN before "I'm related to William Wallace".... aww shit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 2:21:40 AM EDT
[#33]
serf blood here
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 2:29:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Check my records for some more details.

My Great-x27-Grandfather on the direct male line was Roger Bertram, Baron Briquebec, who came over with William The Conqueror.

I have a Great-x12-Uncle who was married to the countess of Ogle and assassinated in London by her lover, a Swedish Count.

Another Great-x12-Uncle was a Viscount, and his grandson was created a Marquess, this grandson was a politician who held 2 or the top 3 positions in the Government of George III and at the time of the American Revolution was the minister responsible for the colonies. He owned a 60 miles wide strip of land on the border of North Carolina and Virginia that was lost after the revolution.

My Great-x13-Grandfather married Catherine Howard, who was the granddaughter of the Earl of Surrey, her line makes the 3rd Duke of Norfolk (the premier Dukedom in England) my Great-x16-Grandfather, the 3rd Duke of Buckingham my Great-x17-Grandfather, and King Edward III of England my Great-x23-Grandfather.

Through Edward III I am descended from the following:

Great-x24-Grandfather - King Edward II of England

Great-x25-Grandfathers - King Edward I (longshanks) of England, and King Philip IV of France

Great-x26-Grandfathers - King Henry III of England, and King Ferdinand III of Castille and Leon

Great-x27-Grandfather - King John (lackland) of England (brother to Richard the Lionheart)

Great-x28-Grandfather - King Henry II of England

Great-x29-Grandfather - Geoffrey Plantagenet, Count of Anjou and Maine, who married Mathilda the Empress, Queen of England

Great-x30-Grandfathers - King Henry I (beauclerk) of England, who married Mathilda of Scotland, and King Fulk of Jerusalem

Great-x31-Grandfathers - William the Conqueror King of England, and King Malcolm III of Scotland

Great-x32-Grandfather - Robert II (the devil) 6th Duke of Normandy

Great-x36-Grandfather - Rolf/Rollo/Robert of Norway?/Denmark?, 1st Duke of Normandy, a Viking leader who laid siege of Paris and was granted Normandy in a peace treaty with King Charles III of France.

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 2:30:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Yep, just a knight but still technically nobility. Rui Peres de Villalobos. Was at the battle of Las Navas de Tolosa in 1212.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 5:18:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
IN before "I'm related to William Wallace".... aww shit.

Most of Scottish descent claim to be related to William Wallace.
Most females with a sliver of Native American claim to be related to Pocohontas
Most Southerners, especially those who are into its history, are related to Jackson, Forrest and or Lee.
Most who are passionate about American revolutionary history are related to Washington, Jefferson, Franklin or Adams.
etc. Find what someones historical passion is and they are likely to tell you they are related to someone famous in their chosen passion.

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 5:32:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Things to remember:

Everyone on Arfcom owns their house and cars outright.
Everyone makes $100,000+ a year.
Everyone has an IQ of over 140.
Everyone can shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yards with a Mosin-Nagant - standing.

I guess I need to add: They are all descended from royalty.

Youeft out the part that everyone has an eight inch pecker and a bunch of hot girl friends.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 5:34:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 5:36:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 5:39:18 AM EDT
[#40]
I can trace my family tree back to a Scottish king.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 5:44:34 AM EDT
[#41]
My Dad did our geneology back to the time when our peeps came over on a boat from Scotland. We have a DEFINATE
royal name (from Scotland), but I'm thinking that our line was branched off from the local bar maid, not a Queen.

I have seen family pictures of the homestead from the 1800's..... I LOL when some people think all white people in the south
owned slaves. NOT OUR POOR ASSES... I can tell you that! LOL!!!

-ZA
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 5:52:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My Dad did our geneology back to the time when our peeps came over on a boat from Scotland. We have a DEFINATE
royal name (from Scotland), but I'm thinking that our line was branched off from the local bar maid, not a Queen.

I have seen family pictures of the homestead from the 1800's..... I LOL when some people think all white people in the south
owned slaves. NOT OUR POOR ASSES... I can tell you that!
LOL!!!

-ZA

Amen to that. My ancestors were more likely complaining that slaves were taking all the good jobs.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:07:30 AM EDT
[#43]
A cousin of mine claims he traced our family back to Caesar but who knows if he was just bullshitting or not. I never knew whether to believe him or not.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:19:00 AM EDT
[#44]
One of my great grandfathers was in Washington's army and crossed the river with him after Christmas for the surprise attacks.  Name was John Banks.  That is the only claim to fame I have...
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:25:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Dirt farmers & peasants as far back as I've been able to trace. Ancestors fought in the Revolution, and there's an old family rumor that we're related to Ethan Allen but I haven't seen the documents. Great aunt is active DAR so she'd probably know for sure, if I cared enough to ask.

Royalty? Not a lick

Do you get a family discount when buying furniture?
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:39:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The way that noble families inbred, most if not all of the claims of royal blood are incorrect.

I think you are underestimating population dynamics.

Say your Royal blood goes back to 1200 AD.

That's 812 years, or 40 generations. Say each child begets two children who survive to adulthood and have their own children.

Royal A - 1
2nd gen - 2
3rd gen - 4
4th gen - 8
5th gen - 16
6th gen -32
7th gen -64
8th gen - 128
9th gen - 256
10th gen - 512
11th gen - 1024
etc.

By the time you get up to 40 generations, we're talking 1 billion possible descendants.  Of course, some forks will be dead ends, and inbreeding will reduce some of the lines, but some families will have more than 2 children survive to adulthood as well.

That's not even counting illegitimate children.

Also, how is it that so many white people i meet are mayflower desendants?

There were 135 people on the Mayflower.  Lets call it 67.5 breeding pairs.  20 generations since the Mayflower.  Using the assumptions above, that equates to ~71 million Mayflower descendants, or a little more than 1 in 5 Americans, or 1 in 4 white Americans.

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 7:38:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Nope. I represent a long and pure line of drunken violent hairy ass peasant bastards.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dirt farmers & peasants as far back as I've been able to trace. Ancestors fought in the Revolution, and there's an old family rumor that we're related to Ethan Allen but I haven't seen the documents. Great aunt is active DAR so she'd probably know for sure, if I cared enough to ask.

Royalty? Not a lick

Do you get a family discount when buying furniture?

I suspect he was as tight as the rest of my family - "Full price and while you're here fix the cash register"
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

It's funny how everyone is related to royalty. They're never related to the court jester or the guy that emptied the chamber buckets. I feel sorry for those losers.

Same thing works with the racial separatist morons of all stripes.

"Back in the ancient days WE WERE KINGS!"

or

"When we take over our new homeland WE'LL BE KINGS!"

Apparently nobody is going to change tires and take out the garbage.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top