Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 10:03:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's funny how everyone is related to royalty. They're never related to the court jester or the guy that emptied the chamber buckets. I feel sorry for those losers.

Same thing works with the racial separatist morons of all stripes.

"Back in the ancient days WE WERE KINGS!"

or

"When we take over our new homeland WE'LL BE KINGS!"

Apparently nobody is going to change tires and take out the garbage.

That's how identitarianism (of which racism and racial seperatism are a type) works. It is the drive for sameness, for equality.  But reality of egalitarianism always falls far short of the fantastic notions put forth in the beginning.  Often things end up far worse than how there were originally.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 10:04:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's funny how everyone is related to royalty. They're never related to the court jester or the guy that emptied the chamber buckets. I feel sorry for those losers.

It's one hell of a coincidence.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 10:18:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I needed to add:
Owns house/cars outright, has no debt
Credit score 800+ on a bad day
Can shoot as well as professional/competative shooters
Economic knowledge of at least the equivalent of a doctorate in economics
Bought whatever manaufacturer of firearms before the were popular or had "quality" issues ("10 years ago when i got my Sig they were top notch.  Now they are junk")
Beyond physically fit, can run 6 minute miles/bench 600 pounds, squat 800 pounds, etc

Quoted:

Quoted:
OP, you have been here almost 2 years.

Everyone on Arfcom:

1. Has a 160+ IQ
    Makes 150k+ a year
    Is married to/dates a supermodel
    Has a 9+ inch penis
    Is a descendent of nobility/jesus
    Has advanced degrees/doctorates
    Etc

I'm a failure, I only score 4/6 of those  

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Go back enough generations and everyone is related to everyone else.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Things to remember:

Everyone on Arfcom owns their house and cars outright.

Everyone makes $100,000+ a year.

Everyone has an IQ of over 140.

Everyone can shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yards with a Mosin-Nagant - standing.

I guess I need to add: They are all descended from royalty.

People make this same complaint, though, even when the results are completely reasonable.

For example, a thread asking how tall people are ends up with a poll shaped like a bell chart, and you still get accusations of lying from bitter short people

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I find it comical that every one of these threads has two distinct types that post in them for the most part :

The first type that have been fortunate enough to have their roots and family tree traced back a few hundred years , or more . . . .

And the second type that whine and bellyache about the first type , and make a fuss that none of it really matters and that they are all full of shit .

Gotta love ARFcom GD
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My grandmothers mother was a bootlegger running booze from canada for a few years.

My father did that, too.  I think that's what convinced him to join the Navy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#8]
No noble blood here but I am related to one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence.  No shit!
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#9]
True nobility is not inherited.  It is earned through demonstrated character.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

By the time you get up to 40 generations, we're talking 1 billion possible descendants.  Of course, some forks will be dead ends, and inbreeding will reduce some of the lines, but some families will have more than 2 children survive to adulthood as well.

By the time you get more than a couple of generations away from the actual noble, I think it's stupid to say you're descended from royalty. So 20 generation one of your ancestors was technically "nobility" - that doesn't mean you have "noble blood".

[ETA] For more on this, just look at the futile attempt people in the Kennedy clan make to try to associate themselves with that clan of miscreants. Second cousins twice removed on the great-aunt's side will all of a sudden try to put "Kennedy" into their last name.

[ETA2] I'd be embarrassed to try to claim nobility status for any of the aforementioned reasons. Unless you're a direct descendant of someone within the last couple of hundred years, just drop it. It makes you sound pathetic.

I don't see anyone in the thread claiming "nobility" status.  

For me, it's a fucking joke.  The line of my family descended from Edward I was some major grade A Mississippi white trash.  It doesn't take all that many generations for noble blood to run real ordinary.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 2:17:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

By the time you get up to 40 generations, we're talking 1 billion possible descendants.  Of course, some forks will be dead ends, and inbreeding will reduce some of the lines, but some families will have more than 2 children survive to adulthood as well.

By the time you get more than a couple of generations away from the actual noble, I think it's stupid to say you're descended from royalty. So 20 generation one of your ancestors was technically "nobility" - that doesn't mean you have "noble blood".

[ETA] For more on this, just look at the futile attempt people in the Kennedy clan make to try to associate themselves with that clan of miscreants. Second cousins twice removed on the great-aunt's side will all of a sudden try to put "Kennedy" into their last name.

[ETA2] I'd be embarrassed to try to claim nobility status for any of the aforementioned reasons. Unless you're a direct descendant of someone within the last couple of hundred years, just drop it. It makes you sound pathetic.

For me, it's a fucking joke.  The line of my family descended from Edward I was some major grade A Mississippi white trash.  It doesn't take all that many generations for noble blood to run real ordinary.

Noble blood is ordinary to begin with, but I concede your point in the spirit of the thread

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I find it comical that every one of these threads has two distinct types that post in them for the most part :

The first type that have been fortunate enough to have their roots and family tree traced back a few hundred years , or more . . . .

And the second type that whine and bellyache about the first type , and make a fuss that none of it really matters and that they are all full of shit .

Gotta love ARFcom GD

Lol most of those in the first are liars and wannabes or were lied to. I am just jealous though because I am not related to anyone famous. Well I doubt it anyway.

I get a kick out of all the suckers who post up their "family crests. Or Coat of Arms. Fake fakety fake crap. Those devices/arms belonged to a single individual. NOT a family.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I am of the House Redneck, very prestigious family here in the American South.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't know about royalty, but supposedly my father's family had a castle, we needed to go take ownership of it.

This was in the 80's some time

castle was located in what was east germany

nobody wanted to go

that's all I know
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 5:24:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Noble blood is ordinary to begin with, but I concede your point in the spirit of the thread  

My comment was an allusion to the fact that the nobility enjoyed positions of wealth and power, but regression to the mean happens pretty fast even under stable monarchies.  Yeah, first son to first son can carry on for a long time, but 4th daughter to 4th daughter tends to result in increasingly meager positions.  Like married to the Duke of Cornwall to married to some Baron to married to some knight, to married to a nobody.  The War of the Roses appeared to be the great winnowing for the noble status of my ancestors.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Welsh royal lineage here. Watered down only the past generation. I'm 50% good proper British stock.
Link Posted: 1/21/2012 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Having the same surname as nobility doesn't mean a damned thing.

Nahhhhh......but having the families genealogy file with over 4,400 names, dares, and events helps quite a big.

I live in MY world. My house is my castle, my wife is my queen, and my children are court jesters, forever entertaining us.

I'm a legend in my own mind.....
Link Posted: 1/21/2012 10:57:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nahhhhh......but having the families genealogy file with over 4,400 names, dares, and events helps quite a big.

That's pretty neat.

Link Posted: 1/22/2012 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live in MY world. My house is my castle, my wife is my queen, and my children are court jesters, forever entertaining us.

I'm a legend in my own mind.....

Indeed. I thnk some people dont understand just how much info and what not is out there. Im always trying to learn more myself.
I dont really know much about my moms side, I know the spelling of the last name Holen used to be different. Their was a large rift between the Irish and the
Norwegians and the spelling got changed because of it I guess lol.

On my dads side their is a ton of info going back to direct relations to Mary Queen of Scots and much further back on the Batte side and alot of really intresting info on family life during early America, the Revolt etc. On the other side the Kavanaughs came over in around 1840 and have apperantly always been a duty bound, hard drinking hard fighting hard living bunch lol. My dads dad died when he was only like three or four and after that no one has really had that much contact with that said of the Fam'. His dad was another one in the line of drinkin', shootin, fightin' serviceman lol. He ran away and joined the rodeo at 15 and thats how he met my grandmother on my dads side. He broke broncs and rode bulls and she was a barrel racer. Guess his parents blamed her for him never returning and that caused animosity and what not.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 6:15:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

True nobility is not inherited.  It is earned through demonstrated character.

IOW: To be born a gentleman is an accident...to die one, an achievement.

Link Posted: 1/22/2012 6:23:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Everyone in this day and age is related to someone famous or noble. After hundreds of years how can you not be.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 6:25:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Welsh royal lineage here. Watered down only the past generation. I'm 50% good proper British stock.

But you're Welsh...
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 6:25:43 AM EDT
[#23]
No such thing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 6:35:50 AM EDT
[#24]
I have noble gas.

Link Posted: 1/22/2012 6:42:56 AM EDT
[#25]
In the distant past if you were really good at killing people and subjugating others you became royal and most are still revered to this day. But if someone goes out now and kills a bunch of people or subjugates them they are evil.  Odd how a bunch of time passing changes the act.

Link Posted: 1/22/2012 6:44:29 AM EDT
[#26]
I do but it's nothing to be proud of. Case in point,my most notable ancestor ( a great uncle) has 3 paragraphs in his Wikipedia entry concerning his antisemitism and role in the facist takeover of his country. That's not something I choose to share or celebrate
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 6:55:18 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My paternal Grandmother's maiden name was Kennedy.  I shudder at the thought of any tenuous relation to Teddy "May he rot in hell with Mary Jo Kopechne jabbing his flabby ass with a trident forever" Kennedy.

Link Posted: 1/22/2012 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#28]
On my moms side I am a direct decendant from a conquistador, cabeza de vaca is her maiden name.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 7:04:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
On my moms side I am a direct decendant from a conquistador, cabeza de vaca is her maiden name.

But seriously, there is a De Baca county here.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 7:07:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 7:09:05 AM EDT
[#31]
I might have 1-5% Neanderthal, that and $2 will get me a cup of joe

Link Posted: 1/22/2012 7:39:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My grandmother was from a wealthy German family. She was born in the late 1800's. Her mother was supposedly a German baroness and her father was supposedly a blue blood. His last name started with "Von". I have a book in German Die Deutshclandreise de Arion from NY from 1908 where he appears with Teddy Roosevelt in photos.

Noble titles were abolished in Germany in 1919.

http://i42.tinypic.com/20fvj0p.jpg

Oh hello cousin!

I bet you didn't think you would e related to me

Now that we are related and all. When can I come for visit to go for swim in your C-ment pond and oh by the way, can I borrow money for a business opportunity?  
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#33]
I have no idea about any ancestors past my grandparents and they were not nobility.  I don't get how you guys know all this stuff.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#34]
My ancestors were medieval German knights. Does that count?
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 1/22/2012 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#36]
I finally managed to trace my ancestry all the way back.

Link Posted: 1/22/2012 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#38]
does william wallace count? i have not confirmed this with my own eyes but my grandfather has spent years doing our family (geniology....spelling?)but my grandmother said my family is decendents of him.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#39]
My mothers family's last name is Geitsch (or Goetsch cant remember), which became Gates in America, which became known for buggy operating systems.

My dad's side used to be Reimer which is related to old germanic royalty (Ferdinand and prior).
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#41]
The Internet says I am related to the old earls of Surrey through my mother's line, and the Internet is never wrong!

Incidentally, the Internet also says that another fork in that family tree gave rise to one of the first great heroes of the Revolution, which if true (regardless of whether I am related to both or either) makes for an interesting comment on just how much being related to nobility really means.

Link Posted: 1/22/2012 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My comment was an allusion to the fact that the nobility enjoyed positions of wealth and power, but regression to the mean happens pretty fast even under stable monarchies.  Yeah, first son to first son can carry on for a long time, but 4th daughter to 4th daughter tends to result in increasingly meager positions.  Like married to the Duke of Cornwall to married to some Baron to married to some knight, to married to a nobody.  The War of the Roses appeared to be the great winnowing for the noble status of my ancestors.
Of course. I was just being a grouch

I follow your line of thought completely.

FWIW, we can trace our family history to King Christian, and have had it verified. In the end though it's just interesting family history and thats about it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#43]
My 30th great grandfather is William the Conqueror.

So I've got that going for me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#44]
I am. Family still has a castle.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#45]
My fathers "handle"on the C.B. in the 70's was Duke of Earl,does that count ? If so then I have royal blood, nave.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I am. Family still has a castle.

LOL ok. Elaborate

Link Posted: 1/22/2012 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

does william wallace count? i have not confirmed this with my own eyes but my grandfather has spent years doing our family (geniology....spelling?)but my grandmother said my family is decendents of him.

EVERYONE with any inkling to anything Scottish says they are descendants of William Wallace.

My grandmother said we were related to a number of famous and noble folks. Of course she was full of crap too.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#48]
My name is Kennedy. You do the math
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 3:46:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top