first match using hogriders after finishing my dark barracks 2
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 3:47:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/oRrOiLea7x4

first match using hogriders after finishing my dark barracks 2
View Quote
I don't understand, why didn't they destroy everything down to the vegetation?

Link Posted: 5/15/2014 9:26:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Maybe we should ask Big J 223 for a donation?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess disc golfers have more time on their hands than we do.  How and the fuck did we get paired with them anyways?  Hogrideracolypse aside, their bases are way more advanced than ours.

I imagine it was just bad timing and we were just the closest match...not close, closest.  Sucks, but I can see how it might happen.
Yeah, we weren't even close strength wise. I agree with cool that they spend a lot of real money upgrading their bases, the top guys anyway. that or they have been playing forever. I've never seen some of the buildings upgraded that high before. Pkus they were spending 1500 dark drank or more an attack. I just don't see how that is even possible to sustain until you are buying dark with gems

Just get better at the game.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess disc golfers have more time on their hands than we do.  How and the fuck did we get paired with them anyways?  Hogrideracolypse aside, their bases are way more advanced than ours.

I imagine it was just bad timing and we were just the closest match...not close, closest.  Sucks, but I can see how it might happen.
Yeah, we weren't even close strength wise. I agree with cool that they spend a lot of real money upgrading their bases, the top guys anyway. that or they have been playing forever. I've never seen some of the buildings upgraded that high before. Pkus they were spending 1500 dark drank or more an attack. I just don't see how that is even possible to sustain until you are buying dark with gems

I don't see you asking for money for BD now that Cool has shown up. Weird
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, so let me explain where your understanding of game mechanics is sorely lacking.  All of these games have gated progress, meaning you can only progress at a certain speed.  It isn't a question of skill, you simply can't go any faster than 5 builders can build.  All that gems do are allow you to accelerate progression.  That's ALL they do.  You aren't buying bigger, tougher things, you're buying TIME.

I didn't propose boosting up bdjaws because he sucks and is never going to upgrade, I proposed getting him some gems so he can get there quicker.  He's a huge troop donor that really gives us a boost.

I propose you post all your replays for a day.  Every one.  Show us your mad skills.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't see you asking for money for BD now that Cool has shown up. Weird
View Quote

Lighten up francis.  He never demanded any money from you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah, so let me explain where your understanding of game mechanics is sorely lacking.  All of these games have gated progress, meaning you can only progress at a certain speed.  It isn't a question of skill, you simply can't go any faster than 5 builders can build.  All that gems do are allow you to accelerate progression.  That's ALL they do.  You aren't buying bigger, tougher things, you're buying TIME.
I didn't propose boosting up bdjaws because he sucks and is never going to upgrade, I proposed getting him some gems so he can get there quicker.  He's a huge troop donor that really gives us a boost.
I propose you post all your replays for a day.  Every one.  Show us your mad skills.
View Quote

And I never said anyone in this clan sucked. Your words, not mine. And second, by "getting better at the game", what I meant was upgrade your troops, walls, and defences. That's the mechanics of this game. Plain and simple. You can only attack and defend to the maximum of your Town hall. I'm done talking about any of this. I had a shot taken at me and I shot back. It may have not been the most poetic. But clearly it was effective at getting under your skin. Remember this is the Internet. Serious business.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And I never said anyone in this clan sucked. Your words, not mine. And second, by "getting better at the game", what I meant was upgrade your troops, walls, and defences. That's the mechanics of this game. Plain and simple. You can only attack and defend to the maximum of your Town hall. I'm done talking about any of this. I had a shot taken at me and I shot back. It may have not been the most poetic. But clearly it was effective at getting under your skin. Remember this is the Internet. Serious business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wasn't a "shot" at you, it was a joke because you get so hysterical about this.  I apologize for waking you from your beauty sleep.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Wow! Such a brutal loss has sowed the seeds of dissent and mistrust among our ranks!

MUTANNY!! MUTTANY!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 11:01:48 AM EDT
[#12]
War is hell, bro.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It wasn't a "shot" at you, it was a joke because you get so hysterical about this.  I apologize for waking you from your beauty sleep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, you pretty much threw a tantrum and threatened to leave the clan when I suggested we take up a collection to boost bdjaws.  Even after I made clear such a thing would be completely voluntary.  It was funny, and you'll likely be teased about it for all eternity.

The way you posted about getting better at the game, combined with your chat in game, probably did not lead anyone to believe you were talking about upgrading units.  It came across to me, and likely anyone who read it, as a comment degrading people's skill.  You've corrected/clarified that statement here, so let's call that settled, apologies for misunderstanding, water under the bridge.

Individual assaults/defenses are PART of the mechanics...the upgrade system is PART of the mechanics...Clan wars are PART of the mechanics...of the game.  Yes, everyone should obviously be upgrading their own units as quickly as they are able.  However, when looking at overall clan strategy, if you have a way to bolster an area (gems), you look for the most advantageous way to do it.  Now, I can't afford to go buy everyone gems.  I rarely do it for myself.  But if we were to pool our resources and build up one area, I think sending some gems to bdjaws would be a good investment, because we've all seen the power of having overpowered clan castle defenders.  You cannot fill your own clan castle, so nothing you do on your own is going to help you out (except leveling up your clan castle).

I have brought this topic up only once before, and the fact that Coolhand joined has nothing to do with it not coming up again, I just haven't had an opportunity to talk to bdjaws about it, or to look up the mechanics of gifting Google Play credits.  And while Coolhand is a very welcome addition to the clan, is a great donor himself, and has nothing but respect from me, he's still pretty new to the clan.  bdjaws has been here almost since the beginning, he's a co-leader, and we know he's in for the long haul.  I swear sometimes all he does is sit around cranking out troops to donate.  Give Coolhand some more time, and maybe we reevaluate where it would be advantageous to bolster the clan.

Right now it's words on paper, it's just an idea.  There's absolutely no reason to be upset about it.  Even if we did it, it would be voluntary, and there would still be no reason to be upset about it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 4:02:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#15]
yall need to chill!, the hog rider rape still got you all on edge!

Link Posted: 5/15/2014 9:21:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Leaders what are your thoughts on stoaste and molon labe? They donate occasionally but have been absent from recent wars...
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I am finding my self way out classed in this war. Anyone got any recommendations?
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 10:55:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I am finding my self way out classed in this war. Anyone got any recommendations?
View Quote
your best bet would be to attack right as the war starts and attack that single th6 before anyone else does or you're gonna have an even tougher matchup.

overall, you and the other lower level guys will prolly have it rough for awhile, dont get discouraged, keep at the game, get your stuff upgraded, it wont take long and you'll be battling it out with equal foes

Link Posted: 5/15/2014 11:54:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
your best bet would be to attack right as the war starts and attack that single th6 before anyone else does or you're gonna have an even tougher matchup.

overall, you and the other lower level guys will prolly have it rough for awhile, dont get discouraged, keep at the game, get your stuff upgraded, it wont take long and you'll be battling it out with equal foes

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been upgrading like mad but I guess I will just have to plan on getting my ass kicked for a while.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 12:28:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I have been upgrading like mad but I guess I will just have to plan on getting my ass kicked for a while.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

this war and the last our opponents have been pretty top heavy, the ones before that were moch more spread out in townhall size. hopefully it goes back to that

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 3:18:05 AM EDT
[#21]
clash of clans is currently down for maintenance (1 1/2 hours) so i'm guessing this is the roll out of the new update.

War Base layout and War Base Edit Mode -

• Been wanting to keep a separate layout for your War Base? Now you can!

• Your War Base layout now has a life of its own and will persist from war to war without the need to touch your regular village.

• War Base Edit Mode is available on the Clan War map during preparation day only. Layouts are still locked during battle day.

• Upgrades in your village are still automatically applied to your War
    Base, but remember to place any new buildings into your War Base
    layout!

• Even if you're upgrading your Inferno Tower or X-Bow in your village, you can toggle between different modes in your War Base.

Clan Wars stats improvements -

• All new War Stats tab shows lots of new cool war statistics. Find it under the blue star button after battle day begins.

• Most heroic victory and most heroic defense replays for each team are featured in the War Stats!

• Improved Clan war info pages under the blue star button are now outfitted with war related stats instead of general clan stats.

• See information about total war attacks, defenses and war stars won per member in these Clan war info pages.

Clan Wars feature improvements

• Dismiss donated troops from your War Base Clan Castle if they don't meet your standards!

• See in the clan chat when a leader or co-leader starts or cancels Clan War matchmaking.

• Each base on the war map is now numbered to help you find bases easier.

• The ! notification icon on the war button will appear only once per war during preparation (instead of every session).

Interface improvements

• Russian language is now supported in game settings!

• Fixed a display bug in spell factory capacity when scouting in war.

• A notification will appear in clan chat if Clan War matchmaking fails to find an opponent.

• Village edit mode available at Town Hall 3 (previously was 4).

• "Request/Full" texts are visible on the clan castle even while under upgrade.

• Improved the start war screen button layout and behavior.

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 3:21:37 AM EDT
[#22]
the seperate war base layout is going to be awesome because noone will have to worry about forgetting to put their th back in before war starts. unfortunately this means there wont be anymore bases to get easy 1 stars and loot.

the remove unwanted clan castle troops i've wanted from day 1. this is awesome
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 5:16:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

the seperate war base layout is going to be awesome because noone will have to worry about forgetting to put their th back in before war starts. unfortunately this means there wont be anymore bases to get easy 1 stars and loot.

the remove unwanted clan castle troops i've wanted from day 1. this is awesome
View Quote
yeah, sounds awesome. I can't wait

eta: I have a 50MB update for the game

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 5:49:15 AM EDT
[#24]
So will the war base save from war to war or do you have to redo it for each war?

I'm assuming and hoping the former is true.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So will the war base save from war to war or do you have to redo it for each war?

I'm assuming and hoping the former is true.
View Quote

It saves from war to war.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Any suggested strategies for this war?  It's going to be tough.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm going in with all dragons.  Worked for me on the last war.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Any suggested strategies for this war?  It's going to be tough.
View Quote

I think we stop trying for 3 stars.  Everyone attack the toughest target they think they can get 2 stars against.  You can often pick up 30% or better just by putting one archer each on outlying buildings, then launching your main attack almost suicidal-like to take out the TH should net you 20% and the TH star.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 11:26:13 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm going all dragons again, thankfully this time level 2.  I agree about going as high as we can.  I am also going to wait again for my second attack until towards the end of the war to see where my attack is needed most.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm going all dragons again, thankfully this time level 2.  I agree about going as high as we can.  I am also going to wait again for my second attack until towards the end of the war to see where my attack is needed most.
View Quote

It's a good option as a brute force attack.  Stock up on those rage spells!  Just take a look at your opponent and make sure there aren't better options.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#31]
i'll be doing an all dragon/rage spell on someone way above my recommended.

and then doing a hogrider/heal spell attack for 2nd.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

i'll be doing an all dragon/rage spell on someone way above my recommended.

and then doing a hogrider/heal spell attack for 2nd.
View Quote
thinking of doing the same, or close to it

Link Posted: 5/17/2014 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#33]

This sucks. I spent 1700 gems finishing my Town Hall 5 days early and panic upgrading

all the new defenses that came with it to prepare for this war and I still got my ass rolled.

Link Posted: 5/17/2014 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Your not the only one
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#35]
VS __MM (Loss, 83-124 Stars, Attacks: 79/100 - 84/100)

1 remaining attack

megsandblake

bone

twelvepack

josh

b00m

jatobi

shawnson
2 remaining attacks

unsub073

gorilla

stoaste (5th missed war in a row)

ihack

swingr1121

molon labe (5th missed war in a row)

svetgar

Most Heroic Attack: Joe

Most Heroic Defense: Molon Labe

Link Posted: 5/18/2014 9:27:39 PM EDT
[#36]
smally left to join a friends clan. Good luck with that endeavor smally!

with that, we currently have a spot open.

Link Posted: 5/18/2014 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#37]
After this next battle,I'm (snakeeater21)going to drop out for a bit.I want/need to do some major upgrading.

It wouldn't be fair to you guys if I stayed and didn't attack.

But...if there is an opening when I return,I'd more than gladly join again!

Link Posted: 5/19/2014 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks guys I had fun
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Everybody's abandoning us because we lost two in a row.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 1:51:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Everybody's abandoning us because we lost two in a row.  
View Quote

I'm still here . . . . somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

After this next battle,I'm (snakeeater21)going to drop out for a bit.I want/need to do some major upgrading.
It wouldn't be fair to you guys if I stayed and didn't attack.
View Quote

But...if there is an opening when I return,I'd more than gladly join again!

you bet we want you back as soon as possible

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:49:15 AM EDT
[#42]
We currently have 3 openings. If you're interested let us know. Looking for people who are going to be active and participate in the wars. Personally, I'd rather have a highly active low level player  then a rarely active high level player. I believe most in the clan would agree with that as well.

-Joe
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:12:00 AM EDT
[#43]
I agree with you Joe
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#44]
VS Matthusminions (Win, 106-89 Stars, Attacks: 80/90 - 71/90)

1 attack remaining

bone

megsandblake

tex7853

Josh

unsub073

swingr1121

2 attacks remaining

jatobi

molon labe (was booted for inactivity)

Most Heroic Attack: Hector

Most Heroic Defense: Bamaflinger
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#45]
We are looking for some peeps
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 1:29:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#47]
nom nom nom
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Is CoC screwing up for anyone else?  I can't get it to load on my phone or bluestacks.  Something is wonky.  Worked fine last night.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Is CoC screwing up for anyone else?  I can't get it to load on my phone or bluestacks.  Something is wonky.  Worked fine last night.
View Quote

Was working for me around noon today.  I hope you get it working.  The pressure is on since you didn't attack last war.  6 stars or else you get the elephant march with poopstain.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'll take a spot when I can get on later tonight.

Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top