Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey,

I just send a "Join Clan" request.  I'm an everyday player, Level 50something.  Level 4 troops mostly.  Let me know when you get room as I've been looking for a decent clan.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hey,

I just send a "Join Clan" request.  I'm an everyday player, Level 50something.  Level 4 troops mostly.  Let me know when you get room as I've been looking for a decent clan.
View Quote
we just started a war, we will be booting a player after this war unless he plays, which I doubt will happen. if you don't get in tonight, try toorrow after 9:15 or so

Link Posted: 5/11/2014 12:28:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's one of those things you want until you get it.

We aren't The ARFCOM clan for nothing
View Quote

7 wins... need 2 more to catch us.

we're about 2000 trophies lower than y'all overall - but a bunch of our members have only been playing for several months.

it'll happen eventually.

we'll take you guys down
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

we're about 2000 trophies lower than y'all overall - but a bunch of our members have only been playing for several months.

it'll happen eventually.

we'll take you guys down
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's one of those things you want until you get it.

We aren't The ARFCOM clan for nothing

it'll happen eventually.

we'll take you guys down

Last I checked we had 9 wins. You can be our 10th if the luck of the match ups work.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 4:51:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Well brothers that was a hard fought war with Dark Gods. They put it on us and won by a good sized margin. Don't let it get you down. We are getting stronger as individuals and as a team. We will win the next one and after this loss that victory will be as sweet as honeysuckle on a hot July night.

I want to give a shout out to all out leaders that put forth an extra effort to turn things around. As always bdjaw you stepped up and for that I thank you! Another big thanks to our newest member Coolhand187 for the awesome troop donations. You came into the clan and jumped right into the action giving much needed help. Thanks bud I know there is more that I'm failing to mention. Thank you to all who do what you do to make this clan grow. We have come a long way in a short time and its evidently getting under the skin of a certain group of people that find there way into our thread to talk shit
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 4:59:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well brothers that was a hard fought war with Dark Gods. They put it on us and won by a good sized margin. Don't let it get you down. We are getting stronger as individuals and as a team. We will win the next one and after this loss that victory will be as sweet as honeysuckle on a hot July night.

I want to give a shout out to all out leaders that put forth an extra effort to turn things around. As always bdjaw you stepped up and for that I thank you! Another big thanks to our newest member Coolhand187 for the awesome troop donations. You came into the clan and jumped right into the action giving much needed help. Thanks bud I know there is more that I'm failing to mention. Thank you to all who do what you do to make this clan grow. We have come a long way in a short time and its evidently getting under the skin of a certain group of people that find there way into our thread to talk shit
View Quote

Are you referring to me? You certainly aren't under my skin. I'm perfectly happy in my clan. Never asked to join one of the arf clans - just looking to stomp you guys one of these days - should we ever wind up drawing each other, because - we'll wipe the floor with y'all.

Besides, I've been busy working on my base. Here's the latest progress.

Link Posted: 5/12/2014 5:32:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Are you referring to me? You certainly aren't under my skin. I'm perfectly happy in my clan. Never asked to join one of the arf clans - just looking to stomp you guys one of these days - should we ever wind up drawing each other, because - we'll wipe the floor with y'all.

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab122/southendxgf/2E957763-1681-4EEA-BCBB-B5EC234D134E_zpsoqdugvuf.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab122/southendxgf/2E957763-1681-4EEA-BCBB-B5EC234D134E_zpsoqdugvuf.png
Nothing wrong with some shit talking.   You need to understand the guy you have been shit talking with isn't part of this clan, and he came in here to shit talk you. And since the likely hood of the CoC system matching us up is too low to calculate I'm reminded of the phrase once used by HC, "what does it matter"? If that day ever does come, or they offer us the opportunity to pick our battles you have my word we'll be your huckleberry

Link Posted: 5/12/2014 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nothing wrong with some shit talking.   You need to understand the guy you have been shit talking with isn't part of this clan, and he came in here to shit talk you. And since the likely hood of the CoC system matching us up is too low to calculate I'm reminded of the phrase once used by HC, "what does it matter"? If that day ever does come, or they offer us the opportunity to pick our battles you have my word we'll be your huckleberry

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/12/2014 9:23:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey guys, we have noticed that Pilotguy762 has not been active in our recent wars. He has not been seen on in the chat to speak with him regarding his absence in the war so this is his warning. If he does not participate in this war, he will be removed at the conclusion of this war. If there is anyone interested in filling his potential spot let us know. You don't have to be extremely high level. Just willing to participate and be involved.

-Joe
View Quote

Molon and Stoaste have been inactive as well . . . . just saying.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Just saw a notice on the interwebz that on the next CoC update we will get the ability to dismiss any Clan Castle troops we receive that we don't want.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just saw a notice on the interwebz that on the next CoC update we will get the ability to dismiss any Clan Castle troops we receive that we don't want.  
View Quote

I wish they would install a feature that would allow you to test another clan members village in battle, no resources or troops actually lost.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I really wish they'd go the Dungeon Keeper route and create a troop bank.  Deposit and withdraw troops, with a timed lockout on both, total capacity of bank determined by clan level (which they would also have to implement).  It's nice that they've provided a way to waste even more purple drank, but we can already do that by burning them in single player.

Next best thing to DK-style would be to create a filter for requests so they can only be filled by desired troops.  If someone set the filter to lvl 4 wizards, only lvl 4 (or higher) wizards would be lit up when someone hit Donate.  All the filter would need to know would be type, level, and number of troops per type...easy to fit that in a small enough window.

For it to be called Clash of Clans, I've always thought they put remarkably little thought or emphasis on the actual clan aspect.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Tag so I can keep an eye on you guys

Link Posted: 5/12/2014 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I wish they would install a feature that would allow you to test another clan members village in battle, no resources or troops actually lost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be a big help testing and perfecting layouts. Maybe make it an available option during the 24hr prep times in War.

Link Posted: 5/12/2014 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I really wish they'd go the Dungeon Keeper route and create a troop bank.  Deposit and withdraw troops, with a timed lockout on both, total capacity of bank determined by clan level (which they would also have to implement).  It's nice that they've provided a way to waste even more purple drank, but we can already do that by burning them in single player.

Next best thing to DK-style would be to create a filter for requests so they can only be filled by desired troops.  If someone set the filter to lvl 4 wizards, only lvl 4 (or higher) wizards would be lit up when someone hit Donate.  All the filter would need to know would be type, level, and number of troops per type...easy to fit that in a small enough window.

For it to be called Clash of Clans, I've always thought they put remarkably little thought or emphasis on the actual clan aspect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That would definitely help a player maximize his defense and offense. They are slowly working their way into the "clan" aspect it seems. This War thing is kinda cool. I think its going to keep evolving as long as ppl keep spending cash on gems.

Link Posted: 5/12/2014 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That would be a big help testing and perfecting layouts. Maybe make it an available option during the 24hr prep times in War.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet another feature that's in DK but not here.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I only got one star on your DK base the other night. :)
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no idea how you'd only get one, I've been in all-out dig mode for awhile and just started filling in walls last night.  Since my 10 day cave-in expired I've been getting hit by all sorts of folks, pretty sure they hit me just for giggles because they aren't getting any loot from me.  I'll be a bit harder now, and much harder once I redeploy my air defenses to protect the outlying rooms.  For now though, leaving as-is, and spending all income on wall reinforcements as soon as I get it.

If anyone wants their dungeon steamrolled, let me know, it's fun.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 4:44:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he meant the war clan castle, incase someone decided to load everyone up with goblins and wallbreakers

Link Posted: 5/12/2014 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I think he meant the war clan castle, incase someone decided to load everyone up with goblins and wallbreakers  
View Quote
yah that damn ihack guy always filling the castles up with goblins!!!@

Link Posted: 5/12/2014 10:56:14 PM EDT
[#21]
here's yesterdays war activity logs, i forgot to post it last night
VS Dark Gods (Loss, 94-123 Stars, Attacks: 84/100 - 77/100)
1 remaining attack

dwew4200

josh

gorilla

ruffed grouse

poopstain

jatobi

ihack

swingr1121
2 remaining attacks

unsub073

stoaste (3rd war missed in a row)

molon labe (3rd war missed in a row)

pilotguy762 (was kicked for inactivity)

welcome to our newest member kevdog/benedictgomez!

Link Posted: 5/13/2014 6:54:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Stoaste and molon labe. If anyone knows them let them know they are on the edge of the boot. If you guys dont have the time or interest to play anymore let us know. I know there was previously talk of a farming clan. Maybe that would be best if that's the case for you? It makes difficult when we have players getting consistently 3 starred in wars and not doing anything to make improvements. Just my $.02
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 8:30:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh...well in that case, good change.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Question.  I see some of our top guys have the TH outside the walls.  Is that wise during a war?  Or are they moving them in?  Just seam like an easy start for the other teams lower guys.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#25]
All town halls should be moved inside the walls prior to the end of preparation day. Leaving them outside only gives the enemy a easy star
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I wait as long as I can before moving my TH in.  5pm move time for me today, as that's when I pick up the kids and can't guarantee I'll make it back to get them in before prep day ends.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#27]
OK, just checking.TY
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Mine never goes out.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 2:55:48 AM EDT
[#29]
before the hog rider brigade post here, just want to point out why they aren't as awesome as many seem to think.

to start with they are expensive, lvl 1 hogs cost 40 dark drank, my level 2 drill makes 30 an hour. and the drill fills up in 8 hours, if you can't check in that often then time is being wasted. lvl 1 drill holds even less

they are fast, and jump walls. That is great, but what that does is cause them to bunch up, spring traps can take out a lot of them at once, the same with bomb if they are next to defensive buildings. this also makes them vulnerable to defensive units that do splash damage

This clan we are fighting now most certainly spent quite a bit in real money to build their bases and troops. They are going to steamroll pretty much anyone who isn't going to spent much or any money for gems.

I really want to like hog riders, for many reasons, they should kick ass, plus they are hilarious, but until they are upgraded they are really only useful as donations to lower level troops. The stats look good, but they die faster than they should. I really want to like them, I just can't, we'll see how that changes with the level 2 when they finish upgrading in 8 days

The people saying how awesome they are don't have them, the people that do see their weaknesses and downsides. Yes we got rocked by hog riders this war, but they were either high level or were a small part of the attacking army

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#30]
They have burned me every time I have tried to use them. I suck with them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I think the hogriders are very situational.  If you see a very tight base with no gaps (and therefore no traps), you could clear any bombs outside the walls with barbarians and then unleash the hogs to gut the base.  Maybe a couple of giants first in a different direction to draw wizard and mortar fire.

Or a lot of giants.  The hogriders and giants really do compliment each other.  Balloons, too, for that matter.  All target defenses, with differing levels and means of survivability.

Giants - lots of health, big damage, but slow and subject to walls.
Hogriders - low health, good damage, fast and not subject to walls.
Balloons - okay health, big damage, slow but not subject to walls.

Giants to soak damage, hogriders to deal damage and take out air defenses, balloons once the skies are safe.

Crap, I may try that once my dark barracks is finished upgrading.  I shall call it the 3-Pronged Giant Hog Balloon Attack.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#32]
I think we have found a lot of success with the all-out dragon attack.  We may want to consider doing more of that.  For the larger enemies, I think a level 2 hog rider attack is a good option.  Right now mine are only level 1.  I was impressed, so I think I'll work on that.  The problem of course is the dark drank.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think the hogriders are very situational.  If you see a very tight base with no gaps (and therefore no traps), you could clear any bombs outside the walls with barbarians and then unleash the hogs to gut the base.  Maybe a couple of giants first in a different direction to draw wizard and mortar fire.

Or a lot of giants.  The hogriders and giants really do compliment each other.  Balloons, too, for that matter.  All target defenses, with differing levels and means of survivability.

Giants to soak damage, hogriders to deal damage and take out air defenses, balloons once the skies are safe.

Crap, I may try that once my dark barracks is finished upgrading.  I shall call it the 3-Pronged Giant Hog Balloon Attack.
View Quote

When you get the hogs maxed its a whole different world. Learning and anticipating where they go so you can maximize the effects of your healing spells is crucial.   They are a force to be reckoned with until you have an enemy with inferno towers. Healing spells do not work against inferno towers. So you use freeze or change attack composition.

All I used were hogs until I got up to where I am. Practice against the gobs and refine the technique. That's what I did and it payed off well.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I have a question,

I am thinking stacking reinforcements.

Say if the top 5 upgraded players joined a clan right after the prep day started and you use them to load up the fighters with clan castle troops that out rank anything the other clan might have.

Would that even work?
It is kind of a roll of the dice that the other clan doesn't have any bigger players in spectator mode.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have a question,

I am thinking stacking reinforcements.

Say if the top 5 upgraded players joined a clan right after the prep day started and you use them to load up the fighters with clan castle troops that out rank anything the other clan might have.

Would that even work?
It is kind of a roll of the dice that the other clan doesn't have any bigger players in spectator mode.
View Quote

You would lose out on those same upgraded troops in your war castle.  You might get a weaker enemy, but you'd be facing their strongest attackers with your weakest, and you'd be strengthening your offense while weakening your defense.

ETA:  Actually your offense would be the same strength, your defense would just be weaker.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#36]
I guess disc golfers have more time on their hands than we do.  How and the fuck did we get paired with them anyways?  Hogrideracolypse aside, their bases are way more advanced than ours.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I guess disc golfers have more time on their hands than we do.  How and the fuck did we get paired with them anyways?  Hogrideracolypse aside, their bases are way more advanced than ours.
View Quote

I imagine it was just bad timing and we were just the closest match...not close, closest.  Sucks, but I can see how it might happen.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I imagine it was just bad timing and we were just the closest match...not close, closest.  Sucks, but I can see how it might happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're in the same boat too
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote
I can get behind that. I have a special place in my heart for units that target defenses

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that makes me feel better.  There is one enemy base this go around called kenyanbushbaby, or something like that.  I really really wanted to attack, but it had like level 18 air defenses.  Maybe bdjaw will have taken it out by the time I get home.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, we weren't even close strength wise. I agree with cool that they spend a lot of real money upgrading their bases, the top guys anyway. that or they have been playing forever. I've never seen some of the buildings upgraded that high before. Pkus they were spending 1500 dark drank or more an attack. I just don't see how that is even possible to sustain until you are buying dark with gems

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yeah, we weren't even close strength wise. I agree with cool that they spend a lot of real money upgrading their bases, the top guys anyway. that or they have been playing forever. I've never seen some of the buildings upgraded that high before. Pkus they were spending 1500 dark drank or more an attack. I just don't see how that is even possible to sustain until you are buying dark with gems

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe we should ask Big J 223 for a donation?
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could burn 1500 dark or 3 per war no problem at th7.  I pretty routinely get around 1k in an attack, and usually manage at least 300.  If you aren't burning it routinely then 3k per war shouldn't be too hard to pull off.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 9:55:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, Christ Almighty. Don't get him started again.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#49]

VS Disc Golf Unite (Loss, 83-143 Stars, Attacks: 78/100 - 98-100)

1 remaining attack

coolhand187

tmn

scoobyx13x

josh

gorilla

b00m

ihack

shawnson

2 remaining attacks

unsub073

aaron the great

stoaste (4th missed war)

swingr1121

molon labe (4th missed war)

theduckofdeath

svetgar

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Was that necessary.  

We got
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top