Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 63
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Time to bring this thread back from the dead. Day one down, eighty-nine to go.
View Quote

It's all downhill from here.

I'm 4 weeks into P90X3 and it's pretty cool. 30 minute workouts are great, after years of hour-long ones...but the speed/intensity is higher.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Plyo done.  88 to go
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#3]
My hams and quads are killing me today. Oh well. Shoulders and arms tonight! Hope you guys don't mind me using this thread to keep myself motivated. I hope to commit to this for the 90 days and then switch to a free weight program.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Shoulders and arms done. I can barely take a sip of my water. Ab ripper x was a little better.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 3:07:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Shoulders and arms done. I can barely take a sip of my water. Ab ripper x was a little better.
View Quote

Quit being a pussy....this shit is easy.

j/k...Hardest thing ever.  Keep it up.  You'll be the body you've always wanted to be.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Weekend didn't go well. Legs and back today.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Keep pushing play!

It's been 2 years since I completed 2 back to back segments.

I started Phase III today (sort of, I went back to phase I workouts), I and II went really well.  I dropped 12 pounds and have doubled my pullups and increased weight on all exercises.  I've decided that I'm making this run through - P150X, lol.  I'm doing it in this order - Phase I - II - I - II - III.  I decided I really wanted a 5 month workout program and the P90X stuff fits the bill really well.

After this I'm moving over to olympic weights and am going to do Starting Strength over the summer with my own cardio mixed in.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Keep pushing play!

It's been 2 years since I completed 2 back to back segments.

I started Phase III today (sort of, I went back to phase I workouts), I and II went really well.  I dropped 12 pounds and have doubled my pullups and increased weight on all exercises.  I've decided that I'm making this run through - P150X, lol.  I'm doing it in this order - Phase I - II - I - II - III.  I decided I really wanted a 5 month workout program and the P90X stuff fits the bill really well.

After this I'm moving over to olympic weights and am going to do Starting Strength over the summer with my own cardio mixed in.
View Quote

Thanks for the motivation
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Week 2 day 1. Really struggled tonight. Not sure if it was because of being behind and doing Kenpo last night, not eating good enough today, or working out late tonight. Maybe all of the above combined. I did go up on reps of some exercises and down on others. Plyo tomorrow.

Eta: Auto correct doesn't like Kenpo
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 10:42:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Week 2 day 1. Really struggled tonight. Not sure if it was because of being behind and doing Kenpo last night, not eating good enough today, or working out late tonight. Maybe all of the above combined. I did go up on reps of some exercises and down on others. Plyo tomorrow.

Eta: Auto correct doesn't like Kenpo
View Quote

Good days and bad days....don't sweat it just listen to your body and do your best.

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 11:53:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Day 6 week 1!  

I could not even finish Yoga!  It's the hardest one so far.  Ab ripper X is kicking my butt too.  I was to tired after back and legs to do it this week.  But I am sticking to the diet and already have more flexibility and feel better over all.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Day 6 week 1!  

I could not even finish Yoga!  It's the hardest one so far.  Ab ripper X is kicking my butt too.  I was to tired after back and legs to do it this week.  But I am sticking to the diet and already have more flexibility and feel better over all.
View Quote

The classic P90X yoga is a miserable torture fest. Do yourself a favor and abandon it like most of us did! There are shorter, faster yoga or pilates routines that give you all the benefits without an hour and a half of suffering.

Even Beachbody got the hint because X2 and X3 (and the 1 on 1 yogas) are all waaay shorter and more concise.

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The classic P90X yoga is a miserable torture fest. Do yourself a favor and abandon it like most of us did! There are shorter, faster yoga or pilates routines that give you all the benefits without an hour and a half of suffering.

Even Beachbody got the hint because X2 and X3 (and the 1 on 1 yogas) are all waaay shorter and more concise.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Day 6 week 1!  

I got that feeling reading through this thread.  I am down to 216.0 from 217.4 this week.  Whooo!  Lost some weight going to keep pushing play.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I got that feeling reading through this thread.  I am down to 216.0 from 217.4 this week.  Whooo!  Lost some weight going to keep pushing play.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Day 6 week 1!  

The x3 yoga is actually pretty good.  Just long enough to suck, but not so long that you want to kill yourself to be done with it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad to see I am not the only one suffering. Shoulders and arms today.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Glad to see I am not the only one suffering. Shoulders and arms today.
View Quote

Its a good suffering.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 10:25:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I suffered through my first attempt at X3's "MMX" cardio/boxing/jumping/burpee/bullshit today....looked like a drunk midget fighting an invisible velociraptor.

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 11:28:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Really brought it on shoulders and arms tonight. Felt good. I feel like my recovery time is getting better as well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I suffered through my first attempt at X3's "MMX" cardio/boxing/jumping/burpee/bullshit today....looked like a drunk midget fighting an invisible velociraptor.

View Quote

Damn good description. I find that the "MMA" style workouts take me 3-5 times to get used to the moves. More than that if you switch between workout programs
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Really brought it on shoulders and arms tonight. Felt good. I feel like my recovery time is getting better as well.
View Quote

I did shoulders and arms tonight but I really think the bands I am using are limiting me.  I can rep the shit out of them and them but on some workouts they are too awkward to have any good form.  I think adjustable dumbbells are in my future.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 11:48:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I did shoulders and arms tonight but I really think the bands I am using are limiting me.  I can rep the shit out of them and them but on some workouts they are too awkward to have any good form.  I think adjustable dumbbells are in my future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am using dumbbells. I am buying heavier ones as I go. I am keeping an eye on Craig's list for a used full set but no luck yet.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's more tricky to get bands into good form, but possible...I found I had to approach some moves different than they show on the videos.

I still prefer them for cost/size, and I just moved my SKLZ set up to the 3-band black setup for curls - holy shit. I can't hardly budge it. I think I can grow into those.

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Did legs and back today not time for ab ripper x.  Feel better but still not losing any weight maybe 2 lbs so far.  I will keep on going!
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#24]
This time through I've managed to get much better control of my diet by purchasing (at no small expense) pre-made paleo meals.  I'm eating gourmet!  (At no small expense.)

I am noticing a substantial difference.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Did Plyo today, even though i should've prolly started with cardio x for my first crack at this..

Let me tell you, Plyo fucking blows if you're fat, over 300 pounds, andused to powerlifting as a primary source of exercise. I hate life right now.

StArting on p90x until the doc decides i can go back to heavy lifting. I'll be going through the whole ninety days regardless before i get back into the gym.

Fuuuuuuuck

Sadly ihave neither a yoga mat or bands or pushup bars (sorely need these). Doing some of this stuff on stone tile isn't fun, but were broke for the foreseeable future. Improvising as much as possible.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Did Plyo today, even though i should've prolly started with cardio x for my first crack at this..

Let me tell you, Plyo fucking blows if you're fat, over 300 pounds, andused to powerlifting as a primary source of exercise. I hate life right now.

StArting on p90x until the doc decides i can go back to heavy lifting. I'll be going through the whole ninety days regardless before i get back into the gym.

Fuuuuuuuck

Sadly ihave neither a yoga mat or bands or pushup bars (sorely need these). Doing some of this stuff on stone tile isn't fun, but were broke for the foreseeable future. Improvising as much as possible.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

You can probably find/procure some carpet scraps in a big enough piece to lay down on the tile to cushion the yoga/high impact stuff. That's what I did in my basement.

Trust me, your joints will thank you.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Wife and I started P90X3 this week, so far I am really liking the 30 min workouts.  We have been out of the game for awhile with a 2 year old and a 12 week old, so the time commitment is what drew us to it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Wife and I started P90X3 this week, so far I am really liking the 30 min workouts.  We have been out of the game for awhile with a 2 year old and a 12 week old, so the time commitment is what drew us to it.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm wrapping up my first round of X3. It's nice too because it uses very minimal equipment. The only downside I found was I had to watch alot of the workouts beforehand to understand the moves and variations - they take no time to explain them because of that condensed format.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:36:24 PM EDT
[#29]
im on day 7 of P90X3.  like this 30 minute version a lot. i have 2 kids so this is perfect
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Does anyone else find themselves completely distracted when the camera focuses on Audra during the Ab Ripper X workout?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#31]
crickets
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

crickets
View Quote

Still doing my thing....did 2 rounds of T25, now back to a mix of 1 on 1's, bicycling and some krav maga at my buddy's gym.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Still doing my thing....did 2 rounds of T25, now back to a mix of 1 on 1's, bicycling and some krav maga at my buddy's gym.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
crickets

I'm all over the place.  From p90x3 to biking, to running, to a fucked up crosfit style workout I do.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm all over the place.  From p90x3 to biking, to running, to a fucked up crosfit style workout I do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
crickets

Lift some weights hippy.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Lift some weights hippy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
crickets

Lift some weights hippy.

That shit's too heavy.  I've been doing some sand bag work and a bunch of body wt stuff.  X3 has quite a bit of weighted stuff in it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That shit's too heavy.  I've been doing some sand bag work and a bunch of body wt stuff.  X3 has quite a bit of weighted stuff in it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
crickets

Lift some weights hippy.

So does 5/3/1.

How's the running going? I have been slacking. Work, trips, and baby have had my tied up.  Going to try and do a 5K this week.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So does 5/3/1.

How's the running going? I have been slacking. Work, trips, and baby have had my tied up.  Going to try and do a 5K this week.
View Quote

Haven't done any races lately.  Try to run 2-3 times a week.  I've stopped pushing my pace.  I was starting to break down.  In a bad way.  Joints were starting to complain.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Haven't done any races lately.  Try to run 2-3 times a week.  I've stopped pushing my pace.  I was starting to break down.  In a bad way.  Joints were starting to complain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So does 5/3/1.

I know the feeling.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Starting again (3rd time's a charm, I guess).  I've never been this sore in my life.

28, 5'9", 205lbs+/-.  Way out of shape.  I'm a couch potato.

I did Day 1, and had to put off Day 2 for 2 days.  I was so sore I could barely move my arms.  Now after doing Plyo, I can barely move my legs.  I guess i'm just all fucked up. I'll keep pressing Play though.

I do have a frequent bit of minor lower back pain that flared up again during Plyo yesterday.  It seems too be muscular; I don't have any tingling or anything else that would signal spinal issues.  I guess I Just keep pulling or straining this one muscle over and over again -- maybe not using proper form when picking things up, or bending over at funny angles.  Probably a good sign I need to strengthen my back.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Started back up on p90x.  I did it all the way through a few years ago and since then I've done X2, then I did Insanity, The Asylum,  Tapout and finally X3.  I know, I'm pretty much beachbody's favorite person.  I have severe workout ADD and get bored very quickly.

Having said all that...My impression after doing all this is that p90x is by far the best, most well rounded workout of this group.  Yes, it's longer.  Yes, more weights and less cardio.  Yes, it's longer, but it's more well balanced and really addresses your entire body in a much more balanced approach.

The other workouts, in my opinion, are based on making you feel tired and worked in as short a time as possible.  Insanity is just fucking stupid in that regard.  By the end of the warm up I was looking for the end.  Tapout is all cardio.  X2 is trying to be p90x, for people that get bored easily and need something new and X3 is a shortened up version designed to compete with the other 30 minute workouts.

I will not be doing the p90x yoga, but will replace it with the X3 version.  It's 30 minutes and is still hard enough.

And....

Bump.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Started back up on p90x.  I did it all the way through a few years ago and since then I've done X2, then I did Insanity, The Asylum,  Tapout and finally X3.  I know, I'm pretty much beachbody's favorite person.  I have severe workout ADD and get bored very quickly.

Having said all that...My impression after doing all this is that p90x is by far the best, most well rounded workout of this group.  Yes, it's longer.  Yes, more weights and less cardio.  Yes, it's longer, but it's more well balanced and really addresses your entire body in a much more balanced approach.

The other workouts, in my opinion, are based on making you feel tired and worked in as short a time as possible.  Insanity is just fucking stupid in that regard.  By the end of the warm up I was looking for the end.  Tapout is all cardio.  X2 is trying to be p90x, for people that get bored easily and need something new and X3 is a shortened up version designed to compete with the other 30 minute workouts.

I will not be doing the p90x yoga, but will replace it with the X3 version.  It's 30 minutes and is still hard enough.

And....

Bump.
View Quote

I agree with ya on all that. I don't know if you ever did X+ but it was a good compliment to classic P90X and just gave it more of a mix-up, same with the one-on-one's, by themselves not a total workout but great to sprinkle in.

I'm living in a new place with an awesome gym so I've been doing my own thing for a while but I still come back to some of the workouts - and find classic X is great for a gym setting.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I agree with ya on all that. I don't know if you ever did X+ but it was a good compliment to classic P90X and just gave it more of a mix-up, same with the one-on-one's, by themselves not a total workout but great to sprinkle in.

I'm living in a new place with an awesome gym so I've been doing my own thing for a while but I still come back to some of the workouts - and find classic X is great for a gym setting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And....

Bump.

Yeah, I forgot about X+.  All I really remember is the product marketing and the introduction of the most annoying, cute blonde ever.  I didn't do the 1 on 1s but might look into them after this round.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#43]
I still can't not see Maren as a porn star.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#44]
So about a week or two into starting last time I rolled my ankle pretty bad walking down some stairs while carrying a file cabinet, and that took me out of commission for a long time (at least regarding p90x).  That ankle is still slightly weaker than the other.

Maybe one of these days I'll get back on the horse.  Maybe.

After I get over whatever Plague I've had for the past week and a half.  I've never been this sick, this long, in my life (been sick off and on since Thanksgiving).
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you get bored and bring this back to life?

You should lift some weights so you don't get huge from all that beer.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:23:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  Weights are too heavy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:14:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like my heart, because you don't want me to repel down a building.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:23:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I keep forgetting about that and then remembering when I'm driving or something stupid.  I'd do it right now, but my wallet is in the pickup.  Send me a text in the morning and I'll do it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I keep forgetting about that and then remembering when I'm driving or something stupid.  I'd do it right now, but my wallet is in the pickup.  Send me a text in the morning and I'll do it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must have had a few beers you are being nice.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#50]
S
Quoted:

You must have had a few beers you are being nice.
View Quote

Nope. Nothing but water last night.
Page / 63
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top