BCM
User Panel

Page / 769
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
KiaK and 03RN inspired me to order short-shorts of my own

The navy ones 'cause having a butt stripe is weird. Didn't get the soffes because I didn't want someone to mistake me for being in the military, or gay.
View Quote

Mine are Rogue. They let the balls breathe. So comfortable.

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
FML! #Acefit

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
FML! #Acefit

<a href="http://s111.photobucket.com/user/kaik78/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2016-07-05-17-40-13_zpspvqbbsbt.png.html" target="_blank">http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/kaik78/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2016-07-05-17-40-13_zpspvqbbsbt.png</a>

<a href="http://s111.photobucket.com/user/kaik78/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2016-07-05-17-40-17_zpsn6ib17op.png.html" target="_blank">http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/kaik78/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2016-07-05-17-40-17_zpsn6ib17op.png</a>
View Quote

45lb sott is about my max. I can do several of them but I think any extra weight would really be uncomfortable, it already feels like my upper back is in a pretzel getting the bar up.

What did you do to that poor monkey?

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SCW:

45lb sott is about my max. I can do several of them but I think any extra weight would really be uncomfortable, it already feels like my upper back is in a pretzel getting the bar up.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
FML! #Acefit

<a href="http://s111.photobucket.com/user/kaik78/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2016-07-05-17-40-13_zpspvqbbsbt.png.html" target="_blank">http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/kaik78/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2016-07-05-17-40-13_zpspvqbbsbt.png</a>

<a href="http://s111.photobucket.com/user/kaik78/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2016-07-05-17-40-17_zpsn6ib17op.png.html" target="_blank">http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/kaik78/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2016-07-05-17-40-17_zpsn6ib17op.png</a>

It was my first time doing the Sott. It was uncomfortable at first but I got it down and was able to bust out a quick 10 on the last set.

The monkey raped me. That shit was awful.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:10:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#5]
I guess Run Naughty Monkey is not an official WOD. It must be some horrible thing this guy made up.

Anyway  it's
Run 400 yards
100 air squats
Run 400 yards
75 air squats
Run 400 yards
50 air squats
Run 400 yards
25 air squats.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#6]
That looks like running.  I'm out.

Actually I'm really wanting to do a lot more crossfit, I'd really get in good shape if I'd do it with some supplementary lifting.  Today was handstand walks and Helen (runs, pull-ups and KB swings).  Most of that requires a wrist, so I'm still out- and fat.  Sure, I could run but I'm really not that fat- yet.

So my two-year old decided to break a little chunk of styrofoam off some packing foam on a box.  Then he decided to see how far it would fit in his nose.  Turns out, his finger isn't as long as dad's tweezers, lol.  Dumb kids, they get that from their mom's side...

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess Run Naughty Monkey is not an official WOD. It must be some horrible thing this guy made up.

Anyway  it's
Run 400 yards
100 air squats
Run 400 yards
75 air squats
Run 400 yards
50 air squats
Run 400 yards
25 air squats.
View Quote

You're gonna have to trade those short-shorts in for board shorts
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By darktide:
21 1.25 are my Preferred fast load and in...

Moved to Grand Rapids... Starting the sports neurology division at the hauenstein at Saint Mary's as of Monday...

Going to join up the ymca and tear up some squats and deadlifts and swim I think

View Quote

Congrats, sounds like fun.

we were hauling traps in 6 feet of water along the rocky shore and I was eyeballing snorkeling spots. I need a day off to go
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#9]

I'm on 100mg now. Seven times that?
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

So uh...I've gained about 10# in the last 3-4 weeks. Going to get blood work done next week...

I knew it, fat and gross now.

How much T did your Doc give you again?

Um...about 7 times what you're on

I'm on 2.5 times what you are on for my prescribed dose.  I really like my doc.

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#10]
That looks like running.  I'm out.

Actually I'm really wanting to do a lot more crossfit, I'd really get in good shape if I'd do it with some supplementary lifting.  Today was handstand walks and Helen (runs, pull-ups and KB swings).  Most of that requires a wrist, so I'm still out- and fat.  Sure, I could run but I'm really not that fat- yet.

So my two-year old decided to break a little chunk of styrofoam off some packing foam on a box.  Then he decided to see how far it would fit in his nose.  Turns out, his finger isn't as long as dad's tweezers, lol.  Dumb kids, they get that from their mom's side...
View Quote

My wife had a girlfriend that thought her son had a sinus infection and she was going to take him to the doc the next day. I think he was between one and two. I got near him and could smell something was off. I got a wet towel and told him to blow as hard as he could. I didn't get much, but at that point I knew something was off. We laid him on the kitchen table and I used my Preon 2 to start the removal. Green craft paper. A bunch of it. His sister had those sizors that cut squiggly edges on paper. And he was shoving the cut off part in his face. Both nostrils. Worst part was, he did it a few days earlier, and the smell was from an infection that had set in. I pulled a ton out. The had him blow a bunch and pulled a ton more. His mom thought the green solids she had seen were buggers. She still went to the doc to get meds for the craft paper jam infection. But at least he could breath fine, and the doc didn't have to pull it out.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 8:08:11 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Anyway  it's
Run 400 yards
100 air squats
Run 400 yards
75 air squats
Run 400 yards
50 air squats
Run 400 yards
25 air squats.

Never!
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 8:09:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By moonjumper:

View All Quotes
So uh...I've gained about 10# in the last 3-4 weeks. Going to get blood work done next week...

When I am still low at next visit I am sure he will up it. He seems easy to work with. I just need to walk him through it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

we were hauling traps in 6 feet of water along the rocky shore and I was eyeballing snorkeling spots. I need a day off to go
View All Quotes

Moved to Grand Rapids... Starting the sports neurology division at the hauenstein at Saint Mary's as of Monday...

Going to join up the ymca and tear up some squats and deadlifts and swim I think

Do you dive for lobster?

Lifting thread. Pushed and pulled heavy things tonight.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#14]
New cycle starting today.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 10:29:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: frayedknot] [#15]

View All Quotes

Your doc near Bham? I'm looking for a new one.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 10:55:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RatherBeLifting] [#16]
Ask and ye shall receive...

A new gym just opened up next to the client site where I work.

$100 a month for 8 classes which dovetails nicely with the fact that I travel Monday to Thursday...so Monday night class and Wednesday at 4:00 PM to get private lessons for Olympic lifting.

Open gym time from 0700 to 2100.  12 Eleiko bars, Pendlay competition plates, sleds, tires...I'm so hard right now.  

They actually call it metcons and not Crossfit...sorry ROG.  

I"m going to meander over tomorrow during lunch and make sure it's still true.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:08:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:
Ask and ye shall receive...

A new gym just opened up next to the client site where I work.

$100 a month for 8 classes which dovetails nicely with the fact that I travel Monday to Thursday...so Monday night class and Wednesday at 4:00 PM to get private lessons for Olympic lifting.

Open gym time from 0700 to 2100.  12 Eleiko bars, Pendlay competition plates, sleds, tires...I'm so hard right now.  

They actually call it metcons and not Crossfit...sorry ROG.  

I"m going to meander over tomorrow during lunch and make sure it's still true.
View Quote

It's a trick to lure you back in.

As if all the shirtless dudes wasn't enough.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By frayedknot:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By frayedknot:

Huntsville actually.  Easy drive from Birmingham though.  Shoot me a message if you are interested and I'll give you his specifics.

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:42:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By flinch08:

Do you dive for lobster?

View All Quotes

Do you dive for lobster?

No, I just like to snorkel. It would be interesting to see the bottom. Ive never swam in these areas

Lifting thread

Doing chest today. Id be happy with 275x5
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#20]

No, I just like to snorkel. It would be interesting to see the bottom. Ive never swam in these areas

Lifting thread

View Quote

Have you done chest since you had to take some time off?

Today is an off day for me. Tomorrow is bench day. My goal is to get good work in at 335 and 10+ reps(between two sets) at 365-385 with the slingshot.  After that hit some volume at 315 or 275(depending on how much gas I have left) then rep it out at 2 plates.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

Today is an off day for me. Tomorrow is bench day. My goal is to get good work in at 335 and 10+ reps(between two sets) at 365-385 with the slingshot.  After that hit some volume at 315 or 275(depending on how much gas I have left) then rep it out at 2 plates.
View All Quotes

Lifting thread

Id feel like I was back with a workout like yours.

I did one last week and got 275x2 or 3. After a couple heavy sets I always drop down to 245, then 225 for reps too.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#22]

I did one last week and got 275x2 or 3. After a couple heavy sets I always drop down to 245, then 225 for reps too.
View All Quotes

Lifting thread

I basically spent the last year focusing on deads and squats while just laying a new solid foundation on bench. Spent a lot of volume at 275, a lot. Now that my deads and squats hit where I wanted them, I am focusing on a 4 plate bench. Doesn't feel too far off to be honest. I am noticeably stronger and more confident each week.

Once I hit the bench goal, 6 plate pulls are next. I can pull 5 every time with no issues for doubles and triples+ and increasing total volume up there. I am reworking my squat right now, my squat itself sucks from my hip injury. So I am trying to really get it dialed in before continuing on to 5+plates(at 455 now).
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#23]

I basically spent the last year focusing on deads and squats while just laying a new solid foundation on bench. Spent a lot of volume at 275, a lot. Now that my deads and squats hit where I wanted them, I am focusing on a 4 plate bench. Doesn't feel too far off to be honest. I am noticeably stronger and more confident each week.

Once I hit the bench goal, 6 plate pulls are next. I can pull 5 every time with no issues for doubles and triples+ and increasing total volume up there. I am reworking my squat right now, my squat itself sucks from my hip injury. So I am trying to really get it dialed in before continuing on to 5+plates(at 455 now).
View All Quotes

Lifting thread

Good numbers. Ive never hit 4 plates. My pr was 365 pause/raw.

Once I can pull 5 plates consistently, squat 4, bench 3 ill be happy. Ill get there by the end of the month then see where I want to go. Im also trying to drop some fat as I feel to soft.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Once I can pull 5 plates consistently, squat 4, bench 3 ill be happy. Ill get there by the end of the month then see where I want to go. Im also trying to drop some fat as I feel to soft.
View Quote

365 is a really good bench. It is a crap ton of weight to be under when you really think about it since you can't just bail on it like a squat. How long do you have before classes start?
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 2:32:31 PM EDT
[#25]

365 is a really good bench. It is a crap ton of weight to be under when you really think about it since you can't just bail on it like a squat. How long do you have before classes start?
View All Quotes

Just about 3 months.

I had 2 sets of 275x2 and felt really weak.

I did manage a 5:47 mile though.

Lets see how I feel deadlifting tomorrow after hauling 300 traps. I did arms after work yesterday and felt good so I have high hopes.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Chins
BW x 10,10
+35 x 5
+70 x 3,3,3,2,2
+35 x 11
BW x 12

Incline BBBP
115 x 20
155 x 15
185 x 5
225 x 2
255 x 2,2,2
185 x 10,10

Low pulley seated rope pulls
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Just about 3 months.

Lets see how I feel deadlifting tomorrow after hauling 300 traps. I did arms after work yesterday and felt good so I have high hopes.
View All Quotes

Just about 3 months.

How was your eating? Form dialed in?

That's a great mile time.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Page
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 8:46:15 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Just about 3 months.

Diets been good for the last week, before that it was mostly good but with an occasional breakfast sandwich or burger.

Form was good. I was just weak. I think my last chest workout was 2 weeks ago and before that .

I was doing 275x8 3 months ago and want 10. Im going to start doing an extra chest day.

I havnt been off for that long and think Ill regain all my losses in a month
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:49:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AnvilUSMC] [#30]

Diets been good for the last week, before that it was mostly good but with an occasional breakfast sandwich or burger.

Form was good. I was just weak. I think my last chest workout was 2 weeks ago and before that .

I was doing 275x8 3 months ago and want 10. Im going to start doing an extra chest day.

View All Quotes

Just about 3 months.

I bet you'll have it back sooner than that if you have enough recovery time. I can't imagine how many calories you burn on the boat working.

I haven't added in much extra chest work, sometimes I'll work form on my wife's chest day or do some push-ups. Mostly though I just focus my other lifting days to benefit bench more. On squats I target my quads and core for tightness. I'll do more snatch grip deads to build more lats. Snatch grip high pulls for extra trap and shoulder work.

After my two weeks off(last two weeks of July) and start back up I will add in a speed day with chains(if I buy some) and dumbbell press/flys.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:14:21 AM EDT
[#31]
How do you bump a thread out of the archives?

Atlas Stone Mold Thread

Are we still on track with this?
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:21:30 AM EDT
[#32]
I am a new believer of the short-shorts. So drafty
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:06:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:
How do you bump a thread out of the archives?

Atlas Stone Mold Thread

Are we still on track with this?
View Quote

I don't have it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:07:02 AM EDT
[#34]
I am a new believer of the short-shorts. So drafty
View Quote

Your's are too long though.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#35]
I would totally squat in a pair of whore shorts. Ass cheeks out n everything. Hell, I'll wear a sports bra to match.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Hizzie:
I would totally squat in a pair of whore shorts. Ass cheeks out n everything. Hell, I'll wear a sports bra to match.
View Quote

Post the video...

My lifting buddy and I squat in silkies.  Sometimes he shows up in his combat boots too. lol. Our wives worry about us...
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Ever notice that DOMS don't hurt during sex?

Interesting.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#38]

Interesting.
View Quote

Helps both parties overcome a head cold too.  Therapeutic protein injections is what I call them...

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Helps both parties overcome a head cold too.  Therapeutic protein injections is what I call them...

View All Quotes

Interesting.

I'm not sure what DOMs are, or what he's doing in bed with you...

But hey, I won't judge.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:

But hey, I won't judge.

http://www.quoteslike.com/images/1395/bro-science-want-to-get-big-the-brofessor-is-her-to-teach-us-how-OqNloH-quote.jpg
View All Quotes

Interesting.

But hey, I won't judge.

http://www.quoteslike.com/images/1395/bro-science-want-to-get-big-the-brofessor-is-her-to-teach-us-how-OqNloH-quote.jpg

Not knowing what DOMS are might explain some things about yer gainz.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Interesting.

But hey, I won't judge.

Oh burrrrrrrn!

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#43]
My big ass did a muscle up.

Week so far:

Squats 70% 3x5

Pauses @50-60%

4" Rack deads 3x5

SLDL 225x3x10

Ran 6 slow miles;  then a few days later 2miles at tempo, 5x 400 speed work

Swam 2k last night of various speeds,

Swam an open water mile sans wetsuit.

Biked 20miles on crazy hills at a solid average pace,

spin class tonight;  crossfit class maybe tomorrow (wtf right?)

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#44]

Week so far:

Squats 70% 3x5

Pauses @50-60%

4" Rack deads 3x5

SLDL 225x3x10

Ran 6 slow miles;  then a few days later 2miles at tempo, 5x 400 speed work

Swam 2k last night of various speeds,

Swam an open water mile sans wetsuit.

Biked 20miles on crazy hills at a solid average pace,

spin class tonight; crossfit class maybe tomorrow (wtf right?)

View Quote

It's ok we're all gay now.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Apparently I'm the only one that doesn't crossfit now
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

I sure as hell don't. And it's not just because I'm not gay. It's also because I'm too slow and weak to crossfit. Those queers are in really good shape. There is no way I'd keep up.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

I'd like to work towards muscle ups. I'm working in more pull-ups now. But I'm still having problems with my left wrist when doing dips. Sucker hurts just getting set up even with a wrap. So I'm holding off on them, and wrapping for anything that's a push with that wrist. Pulls seem to be fine. And there is no bending it back. I'm having to grip a bar or dumbell for push-ups. My wrist will not let the hand sit flat on the floor without a bunch of pain.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:44:27 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

I've decided to stay with the company I've worked for for the last decade for a bit longer, which puts me on the Illinois/Wisconsin border on and off for a few weeks. Just paid $60 to a crossfit gym even though I can't do anything that uses a wrist.

First thing he noticed was my shoes and assumed I was a crossfitter.  I guess I've been walking around looking gay for a month.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

I still havnt tried it.

I do have a pair of really tall underarmor socks but I dont wear them to the gym.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Pulled 405x9, 6, 5 then did some other back things

Up from 6 last week. Im getting there. I had 2 scoops of super pump after 12 hours at sea with some really muggy weather

Work out felt great. I love working in the sun, it really energizes me.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top