BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:24:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are wait times looking like on forms?  I got to get on picking one up.  Saw a dealer post it's 3-4 months right now but I thought it was averaging highER than that lately.
View Quote

Sounds solid right now.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 6:34:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#3]
4-5 months?
Well shit, what am i going to do to pass the time?
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
4-5 months?
Well shit, what am i going to do to pass the time?
View Quote

Masturbate, slowly and angrily.

Same as usual.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:33:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got notification from Silencer Shop that the ATF cashed the check for the form 4 yesterday

Looks like at this rate I'll be able to try it out...in the snow
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#6]
ATF cashed mine on June 22nd. Really like to be able to Grendelize a deer this year while suppressed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#7]
What are you guys seeing for costs to have the dealer do the transfer for you?  I've got a line on a good priced suppressor out of state and trying to get a feel for additional costs as opposed to having my dealer directly order it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What are you guys seeing for costs to have the dealer do the transfer for you?  I've got a line on a good priced suppressor out of state and trying to get a feel for additional costs as opposed to having my dealer directly order it.
View Quote

Each dealer will charge what they want just like a regular FFL. Some charge stupid amounts to make you buy from them. Make some phone calls and see how it goes
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:25:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Evil Ed
confused where are you buying suppressor from Silencer Shop?
who are you taking delivery through?

Form 3 dealer to dealer
Form 4 dealer to end user?
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Evil Ed

Form 3 dealer to dealer
View Quote

Silencer Shop now has "Silencer Shop Direct" which basically makes them a warehouse partnered with local dealers. You pay, SS the price of the can and the tax, and SS handles the paperwork all the way through. All you have to do is wait and pick up your can at the dealer you selected.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Silencer Shop now has "Silencer Shop Direct" which basically makes them a warehouse partnered with local dealers. You pay, SS the price of the can and the tax, and SS handles the paperwork all the way through. All you have to do is wait and pick up your can at the dealer you selected.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Evil Ed

Form 3 dealer to dealer

This; blindlingly easy with a trust. Select silencer, put in cart, put in ATF Tax Stamp for $205 in cart, submit/pay, email them an electronic copy of the trust and schedule(s), and wait. 6+- months later, go to your local NFA dealer aligned with Silencer Shop, do transfer (I think it's a $50 transfer fee, mandated by Silencer Shop, but I could be wrong), and take can home. No muss, no fuss, no worrying if you got the form 4 right, etc. They take care of the Form 3 and the Form 4 filing. If you're doing it as an individual it's a tiny bit more complex, in that you need to get printed and photographed and get the form signed by your local Sheriff, but it only adds a few days to the whole process...it's easy enough, either way.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Looks like 3-4 months for Efile, and 4-5 for paper / first purchases.
View Quote
efile for a form 4? First purchases?

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:07:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Tired of reading this thread and feeling left out.  Just called up a dealer and am buying an Osprey.  Got to make a call to get a local dealer now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:50:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tired of reading this thread and feeling left out.  Just called up a dealer and am buying an Osprey.  Got to make a call to get a local dealer now.
View Quote

Wooo! Welcome to the line.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:56:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I've read through the thread and I'm not trying to hijack but I'm trying to find a trust where I can put my parents on it because I work on the road and live with them. So far all these trusts are individual or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've read through the thread and I'm not trying to hijack but I'm trying to find a trust where I can put my parents on it because I work on the road and live with them. So far all these trusts are individual or am I missing something?
View Quote

List them as co trustees.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you're not comfortable with a do it yourself trust (I wasn't, I wanted a lawyer), you can contact Ben Rust in the twin cities (google, Ben Rust MN Trust lawyer) - he's the one I used. One can pending, and eventually more will be on the way...
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the online trusts as in fron Silencer Shop I can't find if I can add them as that. It looks like just an individual.

About Ben Rust, what does grantor mean? Is that the co-trustees? Because the difference between one and two grantors is $400
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

In the online trusts as in fron Silencer Shop I can't find if I can add them as that. It looks like just an individual.

About Ben Rust, what does grantor mean? Is that the co-trustees? Because the difference between one and two grantors is $400
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe the Grantor is the person who originally sets the trust up and is also the only one who can revise it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I get it, everything is the same but with sort of one stop shopping...with all the wait time staying the same!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Now I understand. Thanks for all the help.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I get it, everything is the same but with sort of one stop shopping...with all the wait time staying the same!
View Quote

There's pretty literally no way to avoid the wait time. All you can really avoid is a lot of hassle to get to the wait time.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:37:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone know of any class 3 dealers near Duluth?  Otherwise I'll have to take a look in the cities for someone to do the transfer.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There's pretty literally no way to avoid the wait time. All you can really avoid is a lot of hassle to get to the wait time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess our definition of hassle is pretty different.  All I had to do was make some copies (at work, was free and got paid to do it) and mail them out.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I guess our definition of hassle is pretty different.  All I had to do was make some copies (at work, was free and got paid to do it) and mail them out.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's also filling out the form 4 and making sure you got it all right, which if you go through SS, they do for you
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:54:51 PM EDT
[#27]
My sparrow came in yesterday! Stopped by today to do the form 4.  The wait has officially begun! ........
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 6:58:23 AM EDT
[#28]
SilencerCo Omega. Check was cashed on 06/23/2015.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

There's also filling out the form 4 and making sure you got it all right, which if you go through SS, they do for you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went through Atomic, they did all the paperwork with me and gave me the copies to send in.
All I had to do was take the forms they gave me and drop them in the mail with a copy of my trust.
Cant get much easier than that
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I went through Atomic, they did all the paperwork with me and gave me the copies to send in.
All I had to do was take the forms they gave me and drop them in the mail with a copy of my trust.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went through Arnzen for my new cans. I brought a copy of my trust in, filled out the paperwork and they Priority Mailed everything for me.  Very good service there too.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you mail it in July 1?

(BTW my dad wants to buy or build an AR and I sent him your excellent lower assembly video)
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

(BTW my dad wants to buy or build an AR and I sent him your excellent lower assembly video)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems he mailed it in prior to 7/1 if the check was cashed in June.

My checks cashed on 6/22 still awaiting approvals.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 3:41:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DERP,  my reading comprehension is worse today.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Whose going to be first? Any day now.....
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Whose going to be first? Any day now.....
View Quote

I filed a form 1 on 6/8. I expect that will come back in the next 1-3 weeks based on NFA tracker.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 7:49:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 8:09:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#38]
I mailed my form 1 on July 7th, came back to the dealer 8/31, picked it up on 9/1.  Yay!  Bowers Paradigm .22LR can. 3 oz of pure quiet goodness!

The form 4 was simple to fill out, the dealer gave me a fillable PDF with his info and the can's already filled in.  Just had to add my info.  Nice and simple.  Did my own pics, my town's PD does free fingerprints as a service to their citizens.  The chief would have signed it while I waited but he wasn't in when I had time to go down there, so I just picked them up the next business day.  To all those that say NFA is a lot of work, well, it's really all overblown.  Next can will likely be on a trust but since I have a chief that signs, doesn't really matter to me.

Bitter Bastard
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I mailed my form 1 on July 7th, came back to the dealer 8/31, picked it up on 9/1.  Yay!  Bowers Paradigm .22LR can. 3 oz of pure quiet goodness!

The form 4 was simple to fill out, the dealer gave me a fillable PDF with his info and the can's already filled in.  Just had to add my info.  Nice and simple.  Did my own pics, my town's PD does free fingerprints as a service to their citizens.  The chief would have signed it while I waited but he wasn't in when I had time to go down there, so I just picked them up the next business day.  To all those that say NFA is a lot of work, well, it's really all overblown.  Next can will likely be on a trust but since I have a chief that signs, doesn't really matter to me.

Bitter Bastard
View Quote

How did you get a can on Form1?  Or is this a reading comprehension problem on my part?

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

How did you get a can on Form1?  Or is this a reading comprehension problem on my part?

View Quote

File a Form 1 and fill in the fields with SILENCER (not suppressor, as the legal name is Silencer) and related caliber, length, etc. information.

You can manufacture your own suppressors. You can not, however, legally keep spare baffles or repair your own suppressor because (presumably) you do not have a manufacturing FFL.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 5:05:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

File a Form 1 and fill in the fields with SILENCER (not suppressor, as the legal name is Silencer) and related caliber, length, etc. information.

You can manufacture your own suppressors. You can not, however, legally keep spare baffles or repair your own suppressor because (presumably) you do not have a manufacturing FFL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he may have meant, how do you buy a suppressor on a form 1? Thew should be no dealer involved since you're manufacturing it yourself.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bitter Bastard

In the 2nd paragraph he says the form 4 was easy to fill out so I assume he just made a typo in the 1st line.  Still not sure how he got his mailed in form 4 back in <2 months, should have bought a lottery ticket the same day IMO.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
In the 2nd paragraph he says the form 4 was easy to fill out so I assume he just made a typo in the 1st line.  Still not sure how he got his mailed in form 4 back in <2 months, should have bought a lottery ticket the same day IMO.
View Quote

Non-trust Form 4s are returning much sooner than trust-based Form 4s per Silencer Shop and NFATracker...lots and lots of people submitted by trust this year. There were a few states that legalized suppressors just this year, not to mention the panic over 41p...
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:35:14 AM EDT
[#44]
I purchased a Griffen Armament Revolution 45 today through Silencer Shop. Stamp and all paid and already got an email saying my paperwork is in the que to go to the ATF.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Buddies have received there stamps in the mail there checks cashed 6/18  (individual) and 6/22 (trust)  my efiled form 1 can submit 6/15 is still pending
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bitter Bastard

Yeah, mistake in my post.  It was transferred with a form 4.  Bought it from a dealer in Redwing.  He xferred in the can in for me in June.  I could have started the process in late June but opted to wait until July just in case ATF was going to hassle anyone for paperwork with pre-July dates.  I haven't heard that to be the case but I figured an extra week wasn't going to kill me to play it safe.

Anecdotally, according to the internet, lots of form 4's coming back in about 2 months or less these days.  Trusts do seem to be taking longer.

Good luck!

Bitter Bastard
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:14:24 PM EDT
[#47]
The only reason I made a trust for my suppressors is because I wanted the faster e-file times..little did I know Form 4s can't be e-filed..

at least my upcoming SBRs will be a little quicker.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The only reason I made a trust for my suppressors is because I wanted the faster e-file times..little did I know Form 4s can't be e-filed..

at least my upcoming SBRs will be a little quicker.
View Quote

All of the advantages of a trust are worth it IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Two stamps in today, checks cashed 6/22
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Dealer got my two stamps today. Check cashed on June 22.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top