Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:40:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the Welcome.
No worries, i may have a low post count but I know my way around a weapon. I'm more of a bolt guy that's why I don't visit this site much, i typically stay in the shadows and read.  These sites are all about post counts anyway, people judge others by the number of posts rather the knowledge at first until they can be vetted, but until then it is all about defense.  I know some people like to just post about dribble to boost their numbers. It is a rather stupid.  Never underestimate your opponent, 101.  I hang around Snipershide most generally.  

xdeano
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#2]
You don't have to sign your posts. Your name is already displayed next to each one.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I see Dakota Silencer didn't waste any time soliciting information to my mailbox.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:03:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see Dakota Silencer didn't waste any time soliciting information to my mailbox.
View Quote

They have been hitting the Minnesota gun groups on Facebook too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#6]
SO!
now it is a race to see who is the first to have one in hand
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:49:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
SO!
now it is a race to see who is the first to have one i hand
View Quote

Does it count if I bring mine over from WI on the 1st?
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SO!
now it is a race to see who is the first to have one i hand

thaaaaaattt....sounds like cheating
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Just got off the phone with the Wright Co. Sheriff's Office -

Per them, to play it safe and because they're not entirely %100 sure if it's July 1 or Aug 1 that the law kicks in, they're of the opinion that they'll start to sign off on paperwork as of Aug 1 for personal form 4s. Per the deputy I was on the phone with, "So long as nothing horrendous pops in your background check, the Sheriff will sign and you'll be ready to get it to the dealer"...so, we got that going for us. Which is nice.

Yeah I know it's not immediate right now, but if you're in Wright and don't want to go through a trust, or already have some NFA items and don't want to muddy things up by going from individual to trust...that's covered. Since the wait is months long to begin with...that just gives me (us) time to research and buy the perfect suppressor(s).
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got a few back on my trust. Nice thing is I can loan them to my Dad in MN who is a trustee. Beats waiting
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I plan to celebrate on the 4th of July at the Northwoods Sportsman Club near Barnum.  Join me, bring some 223, 22lr ammo if you don't have any cans of your own.

Randy
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I plan to celebrate on the 4th of July at the Northwoods Sportsman Club near Barnum.  Join me, bring some 223, 22lr ammo if you don't have any cans of your own.

Randy
View Quote

Hmm, I may take you up on that,

Otherwise... I do have a private Range in Cloquet if you are interested in some trigger time and not as long of a road trip..
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Are you guys waiting until 7/1 to submit your Form 4s?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, mailed mine and the checks were cashed on the 22nd.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:05:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like fun.  You call me at (360) 440-5889.

Randy
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just got off the phone with the Wright Co. Sheriff's Office -

Per them, to play it safe and because they're not entirely %100 sure if it's July 1 or Aug 1 that the law kicks in, they're of the opinion that they'll start to sign off on paperwork as of Aug 1 for personal form 4s. Per the deputy I was on the phone with, "So long as nothing horrendous pops in your background check, the Sheriff will sign and you'll be ready to get it to the dealer"...so, we got that going for us. Which is nice.

Yeah I know it's not immediate right now, but if you're in Wright and don't want to go through a trust, or already have some NFA items and don't want to muddy things up by going from individual to trust...that's covered. Since the wait is months long to begin with...that just gives me (us) time to research and buy the perfect suppressor(s).
View Quote

Lets see one of us state were not quite sure what the law is..
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, form 4 sent… Cheers!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:16:16 AM EDT
[#19]
I ordered that deal from Tarheel State Arms that was in the suppressor deals here on arfcom--Silencerco 762 specwar and Spectre 2 for $814 shipped.

My guy wants $50 each for NFA transfers, He's in East bethel.  Form 4's being sent out soon.

I went the trust route, from Ben Rust.

My next one sounds like I'll look into xdeano's person.  I think that'll be an integrally suppressed 10/22 barrel.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I fly to MN on Thursday night, arrive early Friday.  I have a copy of MN statute 609.66 which says silencers are legal July 1st on me along with my ATF form 1's.  See you all in Barnum Sunday afternoon.  

Randy
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I fly to MN on Thursday night, arrive early Friday.  I have a copy of MN statute 609.66 which says silencers are legal July 1st on me along with my ATF form 1's.  See you all in Barnum Sunday afternoon.  

Randy
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Randy

Do you have a copy of that?

I just read this, from here: https://www.revisor.mn.gov/laws/?id=65&year=2015&type=0#laws.3.38.0

EFFECTIVE DATE. This section is effective August 1, 2015, and applies to crimes committed on or after that date.

new text begin This section is effective August 1, 2015[/red], and applies to crimes committed on or after that date. new text end
Sec. 19. Minnesota Statutes 2014, section 609.66, subdivision 1a, is amended to read:
Subd. 1a. Felony crimes; deleted text beginsilencers prohibiteddeleted text endnew text begin suppressorsnew text end; reckless discharge.

(a) deleted text beginExcept as otherwise provided in subdivision 1h,deleted text end Whoever does any of the following is guilty of a felony and may be sentenced as provided in paragraph (b):

(1) sells or has in possession deleted text beginany device designed to silence or muffle the discharge of a firearmdeleted text endnew text begin a suppressor that is [red]not lawfully possessed under federal law[red]new text end;

(2) intentionally discharges a firearm under circumstances that endanger the safety of another; or

(3) recklessly discharges a firearm within a municipality.

(b) A person convicted under paragraph (a) may be sentenced as follows:

(1) if the act was a violation of paragraph (a), clause (2), or if the act was a violation of paragraph (a), clause (1) or (3), and was committed in a public housing zone, as defined in section 152.01, subdivision 19, a school zone, as defined in section 152.01, subdivision 14a, or a park zone, as defined in section 152.01, subdivision 12a, to imprisonment for not more than five years or to payment of a fine of not more than $10,000, or both; or

(2) otherwise, to imprisonment for not more than two years or to payment of a fine of not more than $5,000, or both.

new text begin (c) As used in this subdivision, "suppressor" means any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication.

I'm going to be headed to WI to bring mine over this weekend but I can't find where the effective date states July 1st in the statute
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:48:46 AM EDT
[#22]

This is discussed earlier in the thread.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Discussed, yes, but other than on GOCRA's FB page I don't see anywhere that shows July 1st the effective date. The Statute on the MN legislature page shows Aug 1st. That's why I'm confused.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Section 18 says;
Sec. 18.

Minnesota Statutes 2014, section 609.165, is amended to read:

609.165 RESTORATION OF CIVIL RIGHTS; POSSESSION OF FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION
View Quote

Below Section 18 it says;

EFFECTIVE DATE. This section is effective August 1, 2015, and applies to crimes committed on or after that date.
View Quote

Section 19 (Felony crimes; suppressors; reckless discharge.) doesn't have an effective date, so it is effective on July 1st like everything else that doesn't have an effective date of August 1st listed below it.

That is how I read it.

Randy
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Discussed, yes, but other than on GOCRA's FB page I don't see anywhere that shows July 1st the effective date. The Statute on the MN legislature page shows Aug 1st. That's why I'm confused.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

July 1 unless noted. Dates aren't usually the norm in statute and you have to know when statues become law in your state

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Although not legally binding the NRA-ILA email yesterday summed everything up.
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150701/minnesota-pro-gun-provisions-take-effect-in-the-north-star-state
Minnesota: Pro-Gun Provisions Take Effect in the North Star State

Today, multiple important pro-gun provisions of Senate File 878 go into effect.  Gun owners in the state of Minnesota are now legally allowed to own and possess firearm sound suppressors.  SF 878, as previously reported, was passed with strong bipartisan support in both chambers and signed into law by Governor Mark Dayton (D).  On August 1, the use of firearm sound suppressors for the taking of wildlife will also be allowed.

Firearm sound suppressors provide numerous benefits to hunters and sportsmen who use them.  These benefits include the decrease of noise complaints frequently used as an excuse to close hunting lands throughout the country, the lessening of recoil and muzzle rise resulting in increased accuracy, and the reduction in muzzle report to hearing-safe levels, limiting the risk that the hunter, sportsman or anyone with them will suffer permanent hearing loss if they fail to use hearing protection.

Thank you to the American Suppressor Association for their hard work and support on this issue throughout the 2015 Legislative Session in Minnesota.  Also, thank you to NRA members and Second Amendment supporters for your unwavering calls and emails.  Your actions made all of the difference.

SF 878 also contains other pro-gun provisions that went into effect today:

Minnesota is now aligned with more than 40 other states that have conformed their statutes to federal law so that their residents can purchase rifles and shotguns in non-contiguous states, provided that the purchase or transfer complies with state and federal law.

Capitol Carry Notification provision has been modified.  Current statute allows permit holders to carry on the capitol complex as long as permit holders “notify the sheriff or the commissioner of public safety, as appropriate.”  This law updates and clarifies the statute to provide that application for a permit constitutes “notification,” as required.

A language change to help resolve carry permit reciprocity issues.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Went to the Northwoods range near Barnum today.  Had the range to myself so I was able to plink the metal targets with my suppressed 22lr and subsonic 223.  Very nice place for those who just want to plink from a bench.

Randy
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#28]
So, has anyone gotten their BATFE approval, and taken their can home yet?  

I sent my stuff into the BATFE on June 19th, but I know people were sending it in much earlier than I.   I'm (im)patiently waiting to take my SilencerCo Omega home!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Not yet, I submitted my form 4 via SilencerShop a couple of weeks ago...

Weirdly individual form 4s are returning a lot faster than trust form 4s
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I sent my stuff into the BATFE on June 19th, but I know people were sending it in much earlier than I.   I'm (im)patiently waiting to take my SilencerCo Omega home!
View Quote

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on the ATF. If you mailed on the 19th, I wouldn't even start to get excited until the end of Oct.

Just an FYI for anyone that would like to entertain the idea of using suppressors in competitions; I had my .22 can out to a rimfire match on Saturday, and it is so quiet the timer can't even pick up the shot, so no go for .22 matches.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I figure it'll be at least 3 more months. I went and visited my silencers the other day. They are staying strong and I remind them one day they will be free.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:00:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah - I called the BATFE "Customer service" line, and the recording said they're running about 5 months for turnaround time.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:58:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Just an FYI for anyone that would like to entertain the idea of using suppressors in competitions; I had my .22 can out to a rimfire match on Saturday, and it is so quiet the timer can't even pick up the shot, so no go for .22 matches.
View Quote

There was a little testing done at my range in WA a few years ago.  The timers picked up suppressed pistols fine, they had to be close to the action or muzzle to pick up suppressed 22lr noise from the rifles though.

Randy
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 6:16:37 AM EDT
[#35]
So, has anyone had any approvals come back yet? Form 1 or form 4?
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 6:34:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yeah - I called the BATFE "Customer service" line, and the recording said they're running about 5 months for turnaround time.
View Quote

I heard they are getting about 7k forms a week... People are starting to realize...
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 2:25:41 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm hoping the end of the month here for my form 1 can. But nfa tracker. Just laughs at me and said Oct.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Hmm.. Something tells me I won't be hunting suppressed this fall. My Form 4 went pending on Jul 3rd… Maybe I'll use this time to shop for more suppressors

On a side note, I recently had a conversation with a top DNR enforcement official (can't remember his name, but he supervises what seemed to be the majority of western MN). I had to ask him what he thought about the new suppressor legislation. I fully expected him to spout about increased poaching, etc., but he was very supportive of the bill. Even had a conversation about which suppressors we were looking at purchasing. He was very educated on the (tedious) process of obtaining a can, and also stated that there will be more severe punishment for poachers taking game with suppressors (fine with me).

Also, is anyone getting a Salvo? God they look ridiculous, but hunting pheasants suppressed would be pretty awesome. Wondering if I should hold out for something else, since it's one of the first shotgun suppressors to come out.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, the Form 3 was approved I'm assuming, since I just got tracking info that it was on the way to the dealer...now it's just another 6 months before I can actually pick it up from them
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:Also, is anyone getting a Salvo? God they look ridiculous, but hunting pheasants suppressed would be pretty awesome. Wondering if I should hold out for something else, since it's one of the first shotgun suppressors to come out.
View Quote

Arnzen has one in stock, been thinking about it for the KSG but the 12 inch/35oz size makes it a little too ridiculous even for a range toy. I couldn't imagine walking a field with that thing at the end of a 28" barrel.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm hoping the end of the month here for my form 1 can. But nfa tracker. Just laughs at me and said Oct.
View Quote

Paper or efile? Form 1 efile was running around 100-110 days last time I looked.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Arnzen has one in stock, been thinking about it for the KSG but the 12 inch/35oz size makes it a little too ridiculous even for a range toy. I couldn't imagine walking a field with that thing at the end of a 28" barrel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Also, is anyone getting a Salvo? God they look ridiculous, but hunting pheasants suppressed would be pretty awesome. Wondering if I should hold out for something else, since it's one of the first shotgun suppressors to come out.

I agree. That thing is crazy. I had a chance to handle one at the game fair last weekend though, and I must say, it's much lighter than I expected even in the 12" configuration (I believe it's modular and can be broken down to 6" at the expense of reduced sound mitigation). I'm thinking Salvo + 26" Ethos + South Dakota (next year) sounds fantastic. My old man will laugh, but I've noticed he has the TV pretty loud the past few times I've visited
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#44]
I saw my Omega at Atomic this past Saturday.  Gives me a glimmer of hope.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wait till you can touch it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I touched my saker, osprey and sparrow
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 2:54:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I checked to see if my Revolution 9 was in while picking up some parts the other day. No dice.

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Two of three are in and waiting for stamps...  My third, an impulse buy, is still waiting form 3 approval...  As far as the first two...  We have been properly introduced!  
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Paper or efile? Form 1 efile was running around 100-110 days last time I looked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I efiled my form 1 suppressor which nfa tracker   shows 90 days  and mailed 200days

and this is from silencer shop

Approvals Paper TRUST Form 4: 2/24/2015 through 4/24/2015
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#50]
What are wait times looking like on forms?  I got to get on picking one up.  Saw a dealer post it's 3-4 months right now but I thought it was averaging highER than that lately.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top