Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dealer got my two stamps today. Check cashed on June 22.
View Quote

Are you my twin???
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Are you my twin???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you my twin???

Got mine at Atomic Tactical. Saker 7.62 and Octane 45. Can't pick them up till tomorrow .
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Got mine at Atomic Tactical. Saker 7.62 and Octane 45. Can't pick them up till tomorrow .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you my twin???

Damn near, Atomic, Saker 7.62 and Sparrow. Going tonight. Osprey is still waiting.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Have fun guys,  did you do individual or trust?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have fun guys,  did you do individual or trust?
View Quote

trust for me
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Got the notification from Atomic today! I am a PROUD owner!

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:30:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Damnit, the check from SilencerShop didn't clear until 8/17 according to their email to me

Looks like I got another 6-10 week wait

Oh well.. I guess, Merry Christmas to me
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:26:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I got mine on the 6th from Atomic Tactical!   SilencerCo Omega, hoping to go out this Friday to test it out on my KelTec RFB.

Tonight I'm making some Subsonic 308 Win ammo - Tightgroup and a 168 grain Hornady.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#9]
When did you file, check cash, ship to atomic and F4 approval?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I got mine on the 6th from Atomic Tactical!   SilencerCo Omega, hoping to go out this Friday to test it out on my KelTec RFB.

Tonight I'm making some Subsonic 308 Win ammo - Tightgroup and a 168 grain Hornady.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, please; more information. I want to nail down exactly how long I will have to wait for my (trust filed) suppressor forms to clear.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes, please; more information. I want to nail down exactly how long I will have to wait for my (trust filed) suppressor forms to clear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

On mine
3 checks cashed on 6/22
2 stamps approved 9/27
2 stamps arrived at atomic 10/5
Haven't heard anything on #3
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:10:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I mailed my trust and form on June 19th, I don't know when the check was cashed because I used a money order.  I got notification from Atomic that they had my stamp on Oct 5th. so about 3.5 months wait.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#13]
2 e-filed form 1s approved today. June 8 and July 5. I'm guessing they approved both because they were already doing the work for the first one. Now I have a project.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
2 e-filed form 1s approved today. June 8 and July 5. I'm guessing they approved both because they were already doing the work for the first one. Now I have a project.
View Quote

Nice! Are you going the freeze plug route or custom baffles?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#15]
How do you guys know when the stamps are approved?  Are you calling the NFA branch every few days?

My checks got cashed Jul 6, I have hope I might get mine soon!

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:23:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How do you guys know when the stamps are approved?  Are you calling the NFA branch every few days?

View Quote

The date was stamped on the stamp. I did not call at all.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 9:11:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I haven't even called yet to make sure it's processing, but basically once it's approved, either you SHOULD get a phonecall from the dealer who took care of your paperwork or if you sent in the paperwork yourself, you should get it in your own mail...

On my Form 1s I've paper-filed, I basically just waited until I got happy happy letters from the ATF with my stamp in them

...and then called them the last time when they sent me both copies of one of the form 1s I filed, each one with a stamp, when they should have sent me two different copies of the two different form 1s I filed The inspector said whoops and had it fixed in a week, so not a huge deal, but boy I'm glad I actually checked what I got in the mail before putting things together
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I filed for 2 cans so I could get both in true arfcom fashion.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Happy camper checking in.

Just picked up my REVO 9. Now I just need the stamp for my sbr and about $500 more in parts.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#21]
My check was cashed on 7/6 so hopefully I shouldn't be too far behind you all! Got an 8.5" Noveske 300Blk pistol waiting to be shut up!
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, I tried out my sparrow and saker 7.62. Went to Gander in Lakeville and was the only one there for their first timeslot.

Was running the sparrow on my Colt(walther) Gold Cup 1911 and I'm impressed. Not only was it ridiculously quiet it shot much better. Offered to let the range officer guy try it as he seemed impressed but he said he shot suppressed a lot when in the special forces. He also asked if I had a license for it.

Then I shot the saker on a 5.56 16" AR build. Was significantly quieter and very enjoyable to shoot.

All in all was a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My check was cashed on 7/6 so hopefully I shouldn't be too far behind you all! Got an 8.5" Noveske 300Blk pistol waiting to be shut up!
View Quote

I had to dig through my online banking,  mine was cashed 7/7,  so I'm anxious too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 1:38:04 AM EDT
[#24]
2 form 4's (Omega and Warlock II) waiting not so patiently at Atomic for their stamps. Eform 1 for my first SBR (10.5" Noveske 5.56) approved at the end of Sept.

Checks cashed for the suppressors on 6/30. Should be any day now!
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:25:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:...but he said he shot suppressed a lot when in the special forces. He also asked if I had a license for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:...but he said he shot suppressed a lot when in the special forces. He also asked if I had a license for it.

It's always amazing how many ex-special forces people you can randomly run into when you're buying or shooting firearms...

He also asked if I had a license for it.

A good reminder to be prepared for the self-appointed paperwork nazis asking to see stamps for the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:38:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

A good reminder to be prepared for the self-appointed paperwork nazis asking to see stamps for the foreseeable future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
He also asked if I had a license for it.

He didn't actually ask to see anything just if I had a "license". I have copies of all paperwork on my phone and also paper copies in the range bag, seems the worst part of ownership (other than paying uncle Sam for a right) is "papers please".

ETA: Failed page 10 ownage
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#27]
I've never been asked for my sbr papers. I look forward to telling people to fuck the fuck off if (in ~4 months) they ask to see my suppressor papers.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#28]
No, I don't have a "license" for it. Dumbass.

It is registered, though.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No, I don't have a "license" for it. Dumbass.

It is registered, though.
View Quote

And you can't even prove that it is on the registry or in your name on the registry. All you actually have is a tax return showing that the required tax was paid.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Why should I show you my papers? Do you check everyone's drivers licenses when they pull into the parking lot?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#31]
2 form 4s on Trust. Checks cashed 6/23. Stamps received by dealer 10/13. Woot!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 10:46:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Just got a call the form 3 to my dealer was received.  Now the longer wait begins.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#34]
As far as showing your forms to someone, the laws says the Attorney General or any BATFE agent can demand to see the original form.  Everyone else can go pack sand, but if you are in TX or another state where it's an affirmative defense to prosecution that your firearm is registered, then it may be a good idea to show to any LEO who wants to see the form.  I'd never bring my original with me; the BATFE recommends that the owner bring a copy with them when using or traveling with the NFA firearm.

As far as range Nazis go; on public ranges I'd never show my forms unless there was a written rule to do so.  I've always shown them on request at the few private ranges I've gone to except for the one time when I did not have them with me.  The RO in question refused to let me use my NFA firearms as he "knew" federal law required that I keep a copy with me.  When I showed up at a club meeting to protest his actions he lost his temper, called me a liar and said I was required to have an ATF form 4 for my homemade cans (form 1 actually required).  The club executive board said they don't enforce federal law on the range (they enforce safety rules only); the RO quit.

The TSA once gave me a problem.  They relaxed when I showed them copies of my form 1's even though they had no idea what they were.

Ranb
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
As far as showing your forms to someone, the laws says the Attorney General or any BATFE agent can demand to see the original form.  Everyone else can go pack sand, but if you are in TX or another state where it's an affirmative defense to prosecution that your firearm is registered, then it may be a good idea to show to any LEO who wants to see the form.  I'd never bring my original with me; the BATFE recommends that the owner bring a copy with them when using or traveling with the NFA firearm.

As far as range Nazis go; on public ranges I'd never show my forms unless there was a written rule to do so.  I've always shown them on request at the few private ranges I've gone to except for the one time when I did not have them with me. The RO in question refused to let me use my NFA firearms as he "knew" federal law required that I keep a copy with me. When I showed up at a club meeting to protest his actions he lost his temper, called me a liar and said I was required to have an ATF form 4 for my homemade cans (form 1 actually required).  The club executive board said they don't enforce federal law on the range (they enforce safety rules only); the RO quit.

The TSA once gave me a problem.  They relaxed when I showed them copies of my form 1's even though they had no idea what they were.

Ranb
View Quote

There's at least one person on this board who has photocopied and laminated his Form 1s/Form 4s at something like %50 size and put them on a large keyring that he brings out with him, just for showing documentation when LE requests it

Good, assholes who don't actually know the law and who spout like they do deserve no mercy, and good for you for standing up to it. About the only way you could have done better would have been to toss him an NFA handbook and demand he look it up, right then and there, and read it out loud. That ranks up there with "class 3 license" and "the ATF can inspect your home without a warrant now" bullshit
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#36]
my form 1 suppressor was approved today 10-20-15  was efiled 6-15-15

i should have my 7.62 can stamp back soon to just waiting for tha call from atomic
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Got the tracking info on the form 3 and suppressor enroute to my dealer.  Now the longer wait begins.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

As far as range Nazis go; on public ranges I'd never show my forms unless there was a written rule to do so.  I've always shown them on request at the few private ranges I've gone to except for the one time when I did not have them with me.  The RO in question refused to let me use my NFA firearms as he "knew" federal law required that I keep a copy with me.  When I showed up at a club meeting to protest his actions he lost his temper, called me a liar and said I was required to have an ATF form 4 for my homemade cans (form 1 actually required).  The club executive board said they don't enforce federal law on the range (they enforce safety rules only); the RO quit.

Ranb
View Quote

"Guys! Guys! I think we have a terrorist! Ohhh.... never mind he has some funny official looking paperwork, whatever move along....."
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

"Guys! Guys! I think we have a terrorist! Ohhh.... never mind he has some funny official looking paperwork, whatever move along....."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ranb

You say that as if you don't feel safer.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Form 4 cashed 09/09/2015.  I still have a while to go.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Form 4's for a Warlock II and an Omega came back today. Checks cashed 6/30.

Range trip tomorrow!
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Did a little sample vid. Colt Gold Cup 22LR with Silencerco Sparrow.
Video
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 7:05:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Did a little sample vid. Colt Gold Cup 22LR with Silencerco Sparrow.
Video
View Quote

Oh god that is so sexy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Sent my Omega form off on 6/29, got my stamp 10/19
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sent my Omega form off on 6/29, got my stamp 10/19
View Quote

Did you guys do individual or trust route (I'm assuming trust since I don't think and CLEO was signing early enough to get the checks cashed that soon).

Mine were cashed 7/6.  Here's hoping to a call this week.

Link Posted: 10/26/2015 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Did you guys do individual or trust route (I'm assuming trust since I don't think and CLEO was signing early enough to get the checks cashed that soon).

Mine were cashed 7/6.  Here's hoping to a call this week.

View Quote

Here's to hoping...  

I'm at little farther out.  I have two that were cashed on 7/13.  I'm actually not expecting anything until mid to late November...  
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#47]
The stamp I was waiting on came in Saturday, I'll pick it up this week.

Check cashed 6/22
Approved 10/16
Stamp to dealer 10/24

I couldn't figure out why it took so long on that one so I called and found out it was approved the day before.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 6:22:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Checks cashed 7/6.  As of 10/27 still pending.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Check cashed 7/6
Approved on 11/2
Waiting on stamp now!
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Are you calling the NFA branch and asking for status updates? The last time I tried that they refused to give me any information.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top