Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2013 12:51:23 PM EDT
Index for the Colorado Recall:

Mayor Bloomberg of New York City has been financially manipulating politics in Colorado in order to spread his gun control agenda.  There are 4 bills that passed the house including HB 13-1224 which bans magazines that hold more than 15 rounds (the original attempt was for 10 rounds) and two new bills in the senate, one of which is an assault weapons ban.  Colorado has traditionally been one of the most gun friendly states in the union.  In Colorado a politician can be forced into a recall election if enough signatures are collected (add up to 25% of the number of registered voters in the last election).  It would be prudent to first recall politicians who voted yes on 1224 who had a close election.  Volunteers will be collecting signatures and registering gun owners to vote at the same time.  Anyone can help.  If you live in Colorado you can help collect signatures but you have to contact the organizers of the recall to get the correct forms.  If you live outside of Colorado you can help by donating to the cause and spreading the word around.

1.  Donation page:  Not up yet

2. Colorado accountability website: Click Here

Colorado accountability Facebook page: Click Here

3. How to volunteer

4. Open recalls
Intent to recall delivered:
1. Mclachlin - rep district 59 - ran on a pro second amendment platform, voted yes on all gun control bills.

Signatures in process of being collected:
1. Mclachlin - rep district 59 - ran on a pro second amendment platform, voted yes on all gun control bills.

Completed recall:
Null

5. Potential house recalls:
List of yes votes on HB 1224
Click Here

Potential senate recalls:
To be added after senate vote.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Combined index of Colorado state gun issues and links

BACK to main index

Bills to watch: 1224,1226,1228,1229

HB 13-1224 standard capacity magazine ban
HB 13-1226 No CCW at colleges
HB 13-1228 Payment for background checks on firearms
HB 13-1229 Ban private sales

Status:  All 4 bills passed in house.  Pending senate vote,  not signed by governor.

List of manufacturers that will, may or should leave state if gun control passes and contact info:
Will leave:  magpul.

Open firemissions or actions.
1.  1. Tell Colorado Governor to veto all 4 anti gun bills:
Governor Hickenlooper's Facebook Page
Governor Hickenlooper's official contact page

2. Call friends, family, and contacts in Colorado and let them know what is happening and that they should do something.  If you live in Colorado meet your neighbors, if they are pro gun get them involved.

3.  Contact representation.

Emails, addresses, phone numbers
Send your letters to both republicans and democrats.  I send different letters depending on the party so I copy and pasted forgebench's list here.  Copy and paste these lists into your email recipient box.
List of emails of ALL Colorado Senators:

Republican:

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] 

Democrat :

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] 

Democrats  in rural counties:

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] 

4. Get informed

News stories:
2/14/13 Denver post on magpul: LINK

Threads on this topic:

LINK1

LINK2
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Just updated
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I emailed all state Senators, only received two replies thus far;

I am and will be a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment. I will and you will continue to monitor this situation. I took an oath to uphold the constitution, and I take seriously and will stand by this.  I hope to hear more from you in the future. All of these gun bills still have to come before the Senate.  
Larry Crowder
State Senator

Sent from my iPad

And;

I agree with you and will be a no vote. Thanks for being in touch. - Ellen

Ellen S. Roberts, Colorado State Senator, District 6

Denver Capitol phone: 303-866-4884
200 E. Colfax Ave., Denver, CO 80203
Home phone: 970-259-1594
P.O. Box 3373, Durango, CO 81302

I apologize in advance for the likely existence of typos in my emails due to using the Ipad screen keyboard and operator error on my part!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Do we have a separate list here of R vs D senators? While I still think all R senators have to be contacted, it's important to see if any D's are voting no.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I am a business analyst with some experience in Business Intelligence.

I cranked through the 2012 election results for the Colorado House and these are the 9 Democrats most vulnerable to a recall election. Please call them and remind them of this today and tomorrow!

State Representative
HD 3: Daniel Kagan
HD 17: Thomas "Tony" Exum Sr.
HD 18: Pete Lee
HD 23: Max Tyler
HD 28: Brittany Pettersen
HD 29: Tracy Kraft-Tharp
HD 33: Dianne Primavera
HD 59: Mike McLachlan
HD 61: Millie Hamner

... in order of vulnerability. I am basing this on the their winning percentage and the number of votes cast in 2012. I make the assumption that in a recall election, turnout will be lower and they will get about 85% of what they got in 2012.   I will try to post my analysis as soon as I can figure out a way to get it onto this site.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do we have a separate list here of R vs D senators? While I still think all R senators have to be contacted, it's important to see if any D's are voting no.

I'll get this done shortly
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I put this in GD but I figured it'd put it here too. This is the list of reps/senators that represent areas directly impacted by Magpul leaving.

Senators:

Sen. Matt Jones - Democrat - Boulder County - His constituents include Erie and the surrounding area, the place most likely to be affected by Magpul leaving and taking
hundreds of jobs and millions of revenue with them.

His phone number - (303) 866-5291 - I just called him, voicemail is still open.

Email - [email protected]

Sen. Heath Rollie - Democrat - Boulder County - His constituents also include the areas surrounding Magpul and their affiliates.

His phone number - (303) 866-4872 - Just called, voicemail is open

Sample letter:

Senator Matt Jones or Heath Rollie,
I'm writing you to urge you to oppose any anti-gun measures, including the magazine ban.

Not only is it an affront to our rights as citizens to defend ourselves, but it will cause hundreds of
YOUR CONSTITUENTS to loose their jobs and be unable to support their families. They would be
right to vote against you in the next election. Besides that, it will eliminate millions of dollars in revenue
to the local economy and state taxes.

Please do the right thing here, and support your fellow Coloradans.

Sincerely,
-Your name here

Representatives:

Mike Foote - Democrat - Boulder County
Phone Number 303-866-2920
Email [email protected]

Dickey Lee Hullinghorst - Democrat - Boulder County
Phone Number 303-866-2348
Email [email protected]

Claire Levy - Democrat - Boulder County (long shot here.. she's anti gun through and through)
Phone number 303-866-2578
email [email protected]

Dianne Primavera - Democrat Boulder County
Phone Number 303-866-4667
email [email protected]

Jonathan Singer - Democrat - Boulder County
Phone Number 303-866-2780 OR (303) 875-4727
email [email protected] OR [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 6:57:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I put this in GD but I figured it'd put it here too. This is the list of reps/senators that represent areas directly impacted by Magpul leaving.

Senators:

Sen. Matt Jones - Democrat - Boulder County - His constituents include Erie and the surrounding area, the place most likely to be affected by Magpul leaving and taking
hundreds of jobs and millions of revenue with them.

His phone number - (303) 866-5291 - I just called him, voicemail is still open.

Sen. Heath Rollie - Democrat - Boulder County - His constituents also include the areas surrounding Magpul and their affiliates.

His phone number - (303) 866-4872 - Just called, voicemail is open

Sample letter:

Senator Matt Jones or Heath Rollie,
I'm writing you to urge you to oppose any anti-gun measures, including the magazine ban.

Not only is it an affront to our rights as citizens to defend ourselves, but it will cause hundreds of
YOUR CONSTITUENTS to loose their jobs and be unable to support their families. They would be
right to vote against you in the next election. Besides that, it will eliminate millions of dollars in revenue
to the local economy and state taxes.

Please do the right thing here, and support your fellow Coloradans.

Sincerely,
-Your name here

Representatives:

Mike Foote - Democrat - Boulder County
Phone Number 303-866-2920
Email [email protected]

Dickey Lee Hullinghorst - Democrat - Boulder County
Phone Number 303-866-2348
Email [email protected]

Claire Levy - Democrat - Boulder County (long shot here.. she's anti gun through and through)
Phone number 303-866-2578
email [email protected]

Dianne Primavera - Democrat Boulder County
Phone Number 303-866-4667
email [email protected]

Jonathan Singer - Democrat - Boulder County
Phone Number 303-866-2780
email [email protected]

I'd been in contact with Rep. Singer since before the HBs even came out but have different contact info for him - [email protected] & (303) 875-4727.  Don't know if those are updates or additions but he's been very responsive.

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Awesome, thank you.  I will update the OP when I get home.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'd been in contact with Rep. Singer since before the HBs even came out but have different contact info for him - [email protected] & (303) 875-4727.  Don't know if those are updates or additions but he's been very responsive.

I'll update my post, I grabbed this info straight off the CO .gov website. Likely he's got a cellphone and a capital line, as well as a personal and work email. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Update 1 for 2/18/13,

I will update a few more times tonight as I have time.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#14]

I'm obviously still learning about the processes and procedures like many of us.   After offering to lead recalls, I found that I'm in a district with both Republican representation, so no recall here.    

I know several other are organizing, and there are several threads that are spreading out the content but this is the action thread and stickyed.

My thinking is the first recall petition on a rep who voted for the bills in the house should be filed BEFORE  the senate votes.

Link Posted: 2/22/2013 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone know if these bills go to a Senate Committee with public input like the house?  

If so, does anyone have the ear of one of the Republicans on the committee?   I found the questions from the reps rather lacking last time.   If we can put together a FAQ with good answers for those asking the questions;

Dipshit:   The Aurora shooter blah blah in only 90 seconds.
Rep:        What is the average response time of law enforcement?   Include the out of the way areas protected by Sheriffs.

ATF tool:    I only had 15 round mags for my duty weapon.
Rep:          I'm sure you're aware that different calibers are different sizes.  I assume yours was a .40.   Is there a way to fit a 15 round magazine into several 9mm handguns designed to hold 17 or 19 rounds?  Springfield Armory does not currently make a 10 round mag for the XDm models.   A lost or broken mag would thereby render the gun a paperweight.   That duty weapon sounds like a pistol,  did you have access to a rifle and if so, what was the magazine size on those?

Looney chick/victims cousin:    Aurora shooter had 6000 rounds on his person.
Rep:    It was reported he purchased that much, but that would require him to have had 60 of the drum magazines and weigh several hundred pounds.   I believe your data is incorrect.  

Fields:   Designed to kill as many people blah blah.  Only belong on a battlefield of WAR.  
Rep:    But you're ok with the Police having them on our streets?   Dorner was a cop.   In NY, a cop was recently arrested for plans to kill and eat women.  In Boulder, 2 cops poached an elk.   Police are human too.

I could go on but I'd be preaching to the choir.   I just felt like no one on that panel had much gun experience.   I realize this isn't a trial, "reasonable doubt" doesn't play, etc.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Is there going to be a thread with signature totals concerning the recall

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#17]
We do now have a donation page up to donate towards gathering signatures for the recalls:

Donate!
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We do now have a donation page up to donate towards gathering signatures for the recalls:

Donate!

Donations link isn't working for me - can anyone confirm it's up?
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Good luck to you guys.

I would also consider looking at who supports the gun-grabbers with political donations, and boycott accordingly.

http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/state_candidates.phtml?s=CO&y=2012

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I would like to add our recall effort here.   We are going after Sen Giron in Pueblo.  We are independent.
https://www.facebook.com/Pueblofreedomandrights

Our site.
http://www.pueblofreedomandrights.org/

Donate here.
http://www.rally.org/pueblofreedomandrights#
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#21]

82nd

I am a business owner here in Pueblo and have several customers that are pro 2nd amendment.

How can I get a petition for my customers to sign when they come in.  

Link Posted: 4/13/2013 7:11:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I just sent you an IM with the specifics.  We are happy to have you on board.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#23]
What ever happened to the recall effort of Morse? I can't seem to find any info.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What ever happened to the recall effort of Morse? I can't seem to find any info.

Still going strong.  BFDF Morse recall

It seems there are some new pro-Morse radio ads that are trying to cast doubt on the methods used for signature collection.
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 7:06:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Keep up the good work
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Confused a bit and want to support further... Seems there are now multiple competing efforts/renamed websites gathering $ and how do they link in with the II/NRA lawsuits and overall strategy for recovering our state?  

I've helped but can't keep shipping $ to every recall campaign/newly founded website.

B2

I know the Morse thing IS "real" and nothing more I would love than to beat that petulant f-tard sell-out into the ground just on principle... RECALL on principle is good; what are "we" going to do with it is paramount as he's term-limited?

Link Posted: 5/11/2013 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Confused a bit and want to support further... Seems there are now multiple competing efforts/renamed websites gathering $ and how do they link in with the II/NRA lawsuits and overall strategy for recovering our state?  

I've helped but can't keep shipping $ to every recall campaign/newly founded website.

B2

I know the Morse thing IS "real" and nothing more I would love than to beat that petulant f-tard sell-out into the ground just on principle... RECALL on principle is good; what are "we" going to do with it is paramount as he's term-limited?

It would be great if we were all under one banner, but logistically, that is very hard.  We want to fight back now, and not wait for resources to free up from the other efforts.

The recalls are very much local efforts.  By design, only registered voters in the district of the person being recalled can sign the petition.

Running a recall effort is tough, time consuming work.  I can attest that it is similar to having two jobs.   Because of this, one committee can not handle the burdens of every recall effort in the state at once.

The local citizens of Colorado have formed independent recall committees to deal with our own politicians.  That is why you are seeing multiple groups pop up.  

The locals know their area best, and may know the best strategy to take there.

That said, we can use all the help we can get.  Recalls are expensive

Link Posted: 5/12/2013 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It would be great if we were all under one banner, but logistically, that is very hard.  We want to fight back now, and not wait for resources to free up from the other efforts.

The recalls are very much local efforts.  By design, only registered voters in the district of the person being recalled can sign the petition.

Running a recall effort is tough, time consuming work.  I can attest that it is similar to having two jobs.   Because of this, one committee can not handle the burdens of every recall effort in the state at once.

The local citizens of Colorado have formed independent recall committees to deal with our own politicians.  That is why you are seeing multiple groups pop up.  

The locals know their area best, and may know the best strategy to take there.

That said, we can use all the help we can get.  Recalls are expensive

Thanks and sent donation to Basic Freedom Defense Fund.

I really would like to see Morse get unseated as a historic first and wreck his future plans... On the other hand, if he'd just leave CO permanently it would be a good start.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top