Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You are ignorant of what is at stake.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus it's not like you're SOL if you don't get your forms in by July...
Just submit as an individual, send in your Costco photo and fingerprint card.
This mad rush is killing inventory for people who DGAF about 41f.

Then fill me in. What would prevent you from filing a Form 1 after July?
Assuming this bill passes of course.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus it's not like you're SOL if you don't get your forms in by July...
Just submit as an individual, send in your Costco photo and fingerprint card.
This mad rush is killing inventory for people who DGAF about 41f.

I must be ignorant too because I'm pretty sure I didn't see anything in 41P about Individuals and manufacturing Form 1s.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't speak to why others would want to beat the deadline, but for me personally what I "lose" in July is eForms, and the easy/quick ability to apply. Now I just fill out an eform, attach some PDFs and I'm done. In the future I'll have to:

1. Remove all co-trustees, so printing forms, signing them, and having co-trustees sign them.
2. Get pictures
3. Get / use fingerprint cards
4. Mail crap in
5. Get forms back
6. Add co-trustees, printing forms, having them signed, etc.

If co-trustees are geographically diverse this is even more of a pita. Also, during the time the post-july application is pending I'll have no co-trustees, which could be problematic. For example, right now I have some co-trustees. If I had to suddenly move, or my house burned down, or whatever, I could store my NFA stuff there without any fed/state legal concerns. This could be a big deal in a state where EVERYTHING is considered a "transfer".

Is 41F TEOTWAWKI? No. Is it a retarded pita with no merits or positive affect on crime? Yes. I'd rather go on a buying spree now and form 1 a ton of stuff before the deadline than deal with that other shit in August. I'll load this trust up and then never use it to apply for more stuff again post 41F. I'll make a new trust for that. I would guess that in a post 41F world, the standard approach will just be to have short / simple trusts for every single item. Once approved, you decide to add all your responsible persons later... Which would be a lot less of a pita... Though you would wind up with a whole bunch of trusts.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I must be ignorant too because I'm pretty sure I didn't see anything in 41P about Individuals and manufacturing Form 1s.
View Quote

Printing forms has always been allowed. Wait...do you mean making SBRs? 'cause manufacturing Form 1s means something else...
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I am still going to purchase suppressors after 41F.
That's not a big deal. Innovations in suppressor technology
will continue and I want to own as many as I can.

I don't want to wait another year if the
WA SBR bill doesn't pass.

I want to SBR everything I
can with eforms in the short window that we
may have if the WA SBR bill does not get snuffed out.

SBR oriented thread about stripped lowers and firearms we already
own and the ability to use eforms.

That is the purpose of this thread and the worries that we have.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Printing forms has always been allowed. Wait...do you mean making SBRs? 'cause manufacturing Form 1s means something else...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must work for the DOL...

I understand there is more paperwork and hoops to jump through but I still don't understand the other posters post which implies we are losing Form 1s altogether.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#7]
eForms is easily possible even with submitting photos and fingerprints via the mail, although the ATF isn't set up for it.

If they didn't want to allow digital photos and digital fingerprint submissions, they could still do eForms and allow you to submit the photos/fingerprints with a reference number.

The fact is everything with the government is a grade A clusterfuck, and they won't let eForms continue.

Hopefully they get someone with more than a few brain cells to rub together and build a decent eForms system from scratch.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 3:12:15 AM EDT
[#8]
IIRC that national silencer association or silencer shop (I forget which) offered to build one for ATF to their specs and free of charge. Never satisfied with a free option, ATF refused and we got a cluster instead. I doubt form 1 / 4 will be online any time soon. It could be decades. If they can't even figure out form 3 in eforms, 1/4 ain't happening.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 3:15:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I understand there is more paperwork and hoops to jump through but I still don't understand the other posters post which implies we are losing Form 1s altogether.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just pointing out the incorrect verbiage you used...with non-funny humor. No sbr is manufactured with a form 1, ever. Different form for that. "Manufacturing Form 1" is literally printing the form...and has nothing to do with firearms or their making or manufacturing. Form 1 is an application to make/register. No manufacturing, regardless of what the floor sweeper at DOL thinks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Had a discussion with the lead counsel for the Judiciary committee today to clear up any questions on when SB 6165 would change from passed bill.  Here is what the deal is:

The effective date is 90 days after the end of the session in which the bill passed.  If the bill passed during the regular session, then it will be effective on June 9 (assuming the bill did not contain a different effective date).  If the bill passes in the special session, it will take effect 90 days after adjournment of the special session.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Had a discussion with the lead counsel for the Judiciary committee today to clear up any questions on when SB 6165 would change from passed bill.  Here is what the deal is:

The effective date is 90 days after the end of the session in which the bill passed.  If the bill passed during the regular session, then it will be effective on June 9 (assuming the bill did not contain a different effective date).  If the bill passes in the special session, it will take effect 90 days after adjournment of the special session.
View Quote

Were they clear on when SB 6165 specifically would take effect?

To me it seems like it would be 90 following the regular session, and the bill info page shows it passing both the House and Senate then being signed by both chambers before 3/9. Delivered to the Gov on 3/9 (and not vetoed at the time).
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 8:03:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds very clear to me: 06/09/16 is liberation day. The bill doesn't specify a date, so 90 days after the reg session is it. I'll prolly submit 5 or more F1s on day one. Just gotta wait on the gov now...

Thanks for passing along the scoop dawg. I had done a bunch of Google searching but couldn't find any source of info that delineated between the whole reg session / special session thing regarding effective dates. Good info.

C'mon gov!!!!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sounds very clear to me: 06/09/16 is liberation day. The bill doesn't specify a date, so 90 days after the reg session is it. I'll prolly submit 5 or more F1s on day one. Just gotta wait on the gov now...

Thanks for passing along the scoop dawg. I had done a bunch of Google searching but couldn't find any source of info that delineated between the whole reg session / special session thing regarding effective dates. Good info.

C'mon gov!!!!

View Quote

It took a while to get a response from the judiciary counsel so I apologize for any delay, but yes it is June 9, 2016. I wanted to get the information straight from the horses mouth ed not from a Google search. No offense meant.

Inslee is also starting to sign bills, with the first batch coming up this Friday. He's got to sign a whole bunch of bills before April 1 or they become law anyway. I wouldn't read anything into the fact that 6165 is not on that first list.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It took a while to get a response from the judiciary counsel so I apologize for any delay, but yes it is June 9, 2016. I wanted to get the information straight from the horses mouth ed not from a Google search. No offense meant.

Inslee is also starting to sign bills, with the first batch coming up this Friday. He's got to sign a whole bunch of bills before April 1 or they become law anyway. I wouldn't read anything into the fact that 6165 is not on that first list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

C'mon gov!!!!

Thanks for the clarification. 6/9/16 can't come soon enough!
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 9:13:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#16]
As always...  Thank you Dawgfish for ALL your hard work!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 3:00:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Indeed. Also big kudos to whomever it was that did the behind the scenes lobbying for votes/support on this. I dont know if it was brian or someone else. I firmly believe, though, that if this bill has just squeeked by in the legislature, inslee may have vetoed it as part of his little show of force mass veto. Because there was 90%+ support, with lots of Democrats voting "yay", he didn't (it doesn't seem like he will anyway). Democrats are usually pretty skeptical of any bill that reduces restrictions on guns, so there was someone behind the scenes working this pretty hard I'd think...
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As always...  Thank you Dawgfish for ALL your hard work!!

This

This.  May have to join him in another SBR bill sign photo.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks Dawgfish and those who put in hard work to make this happen.  The efforts are sincerely appreciated
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Indeed. Also big kudos to whomever it was that did the behind the scenes lobbying for votes/support on this. I dont know if it was brian or someone else. I firmly believe, though, that if this bill has just squeeked by in the legislature, inslee may have vetoed it as part of his little show of force mass veto. Because there was 90%+ support, with lots of Democrats voting "yay", he didn't (it doesn't seem like he will anyway). Democrats are usually pretty skeptical of any bill that reduces restrictions on guns, so there was someone behind the scenes working this pretty hard I'd think...
View Quote

It was Blake, Takko, Rossetti, and all of the input from us.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Adding a big thank you to; Blake, Takko, and Rossetti!  

I did write my State Reps and others identified in this thread several times as many here did.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like there's another batch of signings scheduled for tomorrow, but this bill is not on the list.. that may be a good thing though since he Vetoed just about everything last time.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#24]
It would make me happy if he signed it... but so long as there's no veto it's all good! Tick tock... Tick tock...

Link Posted: 3/24/2016 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Looks like there's another batch of signings scheduled for tomorrow, but this bill is not on the list.. that may be a good thing though since he Vetoed just about everything last time.
View Quote

I wouldn't read in anything into that, because it's not on the list for tomorrow's signing. Blake and Takko will be meeting with Inslee tomorrow to discuss the bills that are past the house and Senate, that those guys have sponsored. In talking with Takko today he said that there should not be any issues with getting this bill passed.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 11:58:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Cool. Thanks for passing along the inside scoop Dawg. My fingers are crossed. The day it passes, I'm gonna pick up my new 10/22, and maybe some other fun stuff...

Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:53:57 PM EDT
[#27]
I am so happy this is still moving forward. My birthday is June 8th.. I know what I am getting myself many form 1's!
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Fawk it. Bimart had 10/22s for $197 so I drove to Oregon and picked one up. Gonna make it a 90/22 SBR, presuming this bill passes!

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Meeting between Blake and Inslee was moved to today.

JB, the worst case scenario is that you have a new 10/22.  Just a few days left.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 10:19:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 12:52:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Yeah, the 10/22 is cool even if you don't SBR it... It's the CZ Scorpion Evo I don't want to be stuck with...

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yeah, the 10/22 is cool even if you don't SBR it... It's the CZ Scorpion Evo I don't want to be stuck with...

View Quote

I am in the same boat. I have really no use for it as a pistol.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#33]
It hasn't been vetoed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It hasn't been vetoed.
View Quote

was there any part of the meeting that was relevant to 6165? you're making me nervous...  
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

was there any part of the meeting that was relevant to 6165? you're making me nervous...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It hasn't been vetoed.

I wasn't there but Brian said the meeting went well.  They talked about all of the bills that the three from the 19th district had sponsored.  Inslee didn't indicate anything one way or another on 6165.  Just asked what the changes to the previous bill entailed.  

My guess is he won't sign it and won't veto it.  Kind of a non-event.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Was there any that were vetoed?
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Was there any that were vetoed?
View Quote

http://www.governor.wa.gov/office-governor/official-actions/bill-action
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Dupe...

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Double dupe... sorry, horrible network connection...

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I wasn't there but Brian said the meeting went well.  They talked about all of the bills that the three from the 19th district had sponsored.  Inslee didn't indicate anything one way or another on 6165.  Just asked what the changes to the previous bill entailed.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It hasn't been vetoed.

Thanks for the Intel. In this case, no news is definitely good news!!!

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It hasn't been vetoed.

Unless I read something wrong, the timer to veto runs out Friday or sat. My guess is he doesn't care one way or another, but just doesn't want have his name on it by signing it.

This weekend I'll be ordering some lowers and getting my efile drafts ready to submit.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#42]
I've got two lowers ready and waiting.

SBR all the things!!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#43]
I forgot that you can get drafts ready to roll and keep them, without submitting until you're ready. I'm gonna have to get started on that. I'm getting at least 6 stamps pre-41F..maybe more if I get properly inspired. What are you guys building? I already have one SBR AR (10.5 300blk) but I'm going to add a 556 10.5 (lightweight project) and an 11.5" with a 203. Since you can swap different uppers on at will, 3 ARs should be plenty.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 12:48:35 PM EDT
[#44]
A 12.5" ak is on my list.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 12:49:28 PM EDT
[#45]
^

My plan is to have my drafts ready and submit the day it goes into effect.

I built an sbr before they shut it down last time 11.5" 556, plan on building a 10" 556 and I'm undecided on what else. I due plan on stamping an existing lower for a future barrel change to 14.5".
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what I was thinking, non-AR stuff. I have one M92PAP SBR, thinking about a second one. Love those little guns. I don't think you can beat them for the price. My first one is old school, lots of wood furniture. Thinking about going a little more black / plastic / tactical with the second one.

I was thinking about an mp5 clone, but I already have a scorpion and the 5 seems redundant at that point even if it is awesome.

What else is worth sbr'ing?

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Thompson Center Contender or G2.

Randy
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#48]
I had my Sig 556 pistol that I got in 2009 made into an SBR via Form 2 via a local FFL07/SOT last summer; I got it back about two months ago - it is way cooler with a swiss stock on it!  I highly recommend it!

I just ordered an AR glock pistol lower from PSA (they got them back in stock yesterday), and I got one of those cheap AR10 lowers from Aim Surplus last week I am going to Form 1 both of them.

I kind of want to SBR a 10/22 charger take down pistol - Cabela's is having a sale on them next week or this weekend I think.  I put a TacSol SBX 10/22 barrel and some kidd parts with a new Magpul X-22 stock on a cheap 10/22 and with my SWR Spectre II it is one awesome rifle! and no stamp needed.

I would like to SBR an AK pistol but I just don't think Ill shoot it very often, I like the cool factor of it - I would rather buy a CMMG mutant lower receiver, it would be a better suppressor host. I think that would get shot more.

There is also the possibility of a Glock 19 - all of the chassis currently on the market don't excite me, but maybe something cooler will come out in a few years???

Quoted:

That's what I was thinking, non-AR stuff. I have one M92PAP SBR, thinking about a second one. Love those little guns. I don't think you can beat them for the price. My first one is old school, lots of wood furniture. Thinking about going a little more black / plastic / tactical with the second one.

I was thinking about an mp5 clone, but I already have a scorpion and the 5 seems redundant at that point even if it is awesome.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Randy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Randy

Yup.  Bought a stainless G2 frame just for this.  Not quite as simple as an AR conversion, but pretty easy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 1:01:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

I still think an MP5 is worth SBR'ing.  I've done the K, and then the SD, and now I want to do the regular and the HK53.  I love the platform though, but I got hooked with the K.

Others I can think of:
PS90
Sig 553P
Kriss Vector
13" Scar 17???
USC/UMP
SL8/G36K or C
B&T APC9 or APC45

That's the list I'm slowly chopping away at anyway

Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top