Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 4:18:50 AM EDT
[#1]
The p90 is awesome, but I just don't like the caliber...so I'm gonna build a 90/22.

Intrigued by some other options though. Gonna have to do some research...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Gonna keep my 9mm AR pistolized so I can carry it loaded in my vehicle. Probably make a very lightweight dual stamp 556 rifle and one 762x39.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Another day, and still no veto. Almost there!!!

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

One more day?Correct?
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

One more day?Correct?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One more day?Correct?

Yup!
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#6]
If the legislature sent it to the gov on 3/10, and he has 20 days to veto (not including Sundays), shouldn't 4/2 be the last day he could veto? If so, were not truly "safe" until midnight. It was 3/10, wasn't it?

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If the legislature sent it to the gov on 3/10, and he has 20 days to veto (not including Sundays), shouldn't 4/2 be the last day he could veto? If so, were not truly "safe" until midnight. It was 3/10, wasn't it?

View Quote

No, it was the 9th.

http://app.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=6165&year=2015
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#8]
FYI It is on tomorrows action list. http://www.governor.wa.gov/office-governor/official-actions/bill-action
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 12:18:29 AM EDT
[#9]
So now we know that he's not going with the "no action / pass" plan. It's veto or sign I guess. Kind frustrating that he knows what he's going to do but we don't get too know until tomorrow afternoon. lol. Good thing stamp collectors are patient...

Link Posted: 4/1/2016 2:11:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Tomorrow at 2:45.  More likely about 3:30-4:00pm after the house bills.  

He'll sign it.  I know a guy.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 4:21:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Niiiice. That gives me some confidence.

Presuming there's no temporary insanity or a meteor strike that messes this up, how do we go about making sure ATF knows this shit is fixed? Preferably with plenty of time to ensure that they approve the states wave of forms in June? I distinctly remember confusion on ATFs part last time...

Link Posted: 4/1/2016 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#12]
One idea is to have one of the well known lobbyists contact them directly.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#13]
If he signs does this change the timeline of when the law goes into effect?
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#14]
No, effective date is based on when the legislative session ends, not gov action. So, AFAIK, we're still looking at 6/8/16.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#15]
No change if he signs or doesn't.  6/9/16.  

Blake will also write a letter to the ATF.  Now I need to find the person he needs to address the letter to.  I'll call so only one person tracks down who needs to get the information.  Better than having 20 or 100 folks calling the ATF.  Please let me handle this.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 12:57:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Your track record of handling shit is pretty damned good...so that sounds like a plan to me. I just didn't want the celebration of getting the law passed distract us from the practical side of the equation: if ATF isn't on board, forms don't get approved. That's the final step in this policy journey.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Got the info for Blake on where to send the letter and documentation.  

PLEASE DO NOT BARRAGE THE ATF WITH CALLS.  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 2:04:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2016 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/1/2016 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Can't repeat it enough....
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Signed!
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 8:01:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Epic. You da man Dawg!

Link Posted: 4/1/2016 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Thank you for the awesome news.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Fantastic! Thanks for all the hard work!
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Hooray!
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#27]
This is awesome!  Thank you Dawgfish, and everyone else who worked so hard on this!
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Incredible job!!!

SFC
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks to all involved for your hard work!  What great news!
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Thank you to everyone that was involved. I will admit I engraved a lower before it was a sure thing.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Hope this isn't a April fools joke......All kidding aside, a great big thank you to all those involved in getting this mess straightened out.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm pretty sure that if this WAS an April fools joke that a) it'd be one of the most epic jokes ever... getting a sitting gov to sign a fake bill etc... And b) you'd be the subject of a man hunt by a mob of gun nuts...

Link Posted: 4/1/2016 11:25:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that if this WAS an April fools joke that a) it'd be one of the most epic jokes ever... getting a sitting gov to sign a fake bill etc... And b) you'd be the subject of a man hunt by a mob of gun nuts...

View Quote

Get a rope!  

All kidding aside, THANK YOU to Dawgfish and everyone else who contributed to this cause!
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 11:30:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Thank you for all your hard work on this!
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 11:52:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Thank you for all the hard work. I for one am stoked. Now I need to save up a lot of money.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Best news I've heard since this thing passed. Thanks to everyone who committed their time and effort to making this happen! So glad I kept all my spare lowers..
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Outstanding!!!

Thanks again for all the hard work.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#38]
As a stamp newb, can someone point me in the direction of the starting line? I am sure I have some reading to do as I also have a stack of virgin lowers that need projects.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#39]
So I'm sure this questions been asked, but just so I dont have to go back through 22 pages........ when does this go into effect and/or when can I submit a form 1?
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So I'm sure this questions been asked, but just so I dont have to go back through 22 pages........ when does this go into effect and/or when can I submit a form 1?
View Quote

12/31/2019.

Just kidding. 6/9/2016. Apply at that time. Not before.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
As a stamp newb, can someone point me in the direction of the starting line? I am sure I have some reading to do as I also have a stack of virgin lowers that need projects.
View Quote

Start visiting the class 3 subforums in the armory. Here is the visual guide for filling out eforms. Google can answer all the specific questions you have...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/441796_Visual_guide__How_to_fill_out_a_Form_1_using_EFORMS__New_Thread_.html

Link Posted: 4/2/2016 11:33:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Start visiting the class 3 subforums in the armory. Here is the visual guide for filling out eforms. Google can answer all the specific questions you have...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/441796_Visual_guide__How_to_fill_out_a_Form_1_using_EFORMS__New_Thread_.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will start there, thanks. I just wanted to be sure there were no Washington state idiosyncrasies I was going to miss.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 1:43:13 AM EDT
[#43]
There was....but there won't be anymore on 06/09/16. Then we'll be just like other free states, with regard to SBRs.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 5:26:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Thank you Dawgfish and Representative Blake for all your efforts.

Randy
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 8:08:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Randy
View Quote

Came here to say: HUGE WIN!!! I know it was fixing an error, but we win. THANK YOU!!

OH - and here's a little humor. On facebook there are some various NFA Groups. One is a WA State NFA group. People on the state group thought it was an April 1 joke, yeah OK fine I get it - but they weren't even aware of the law or the new bill, nor had any clue Dogfish and Blake were working it. I understand how people don't want to be political, but this is just a wow to me, and probably does explain why we ended up with 594, and clowns shoot up posted signs at shooting pits and such. ARRRGH!!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 8:32:49 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Why do you say not to apply before that date?  How is this time different from before when SBRs were originally approved, where people applied during the 90 day period and had no issues?  Or did I miss a post where you addressed this already.?
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Randy
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/3/2016 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Why do you say not to apply before that date?  How is this time different from before when SBRs were originally approved, where people applied during the 90 day period and had no issues?  Or did I miss a post where you addressed this already.?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The ATF is now hyper sensitive to the SBRs in Washington because  of 2014.  You will be rejected and you will be wasting their time and the time of other folks in the process who are actually conforming to the laws in their state.

Everybody always wants to push the issue. Please don't. We are going through a process to expedite the recognition of the change in Washington's SBR law with the ATF locally and at their headquarters.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Be it here on arfcom, waguns, sgn, or THR - follow Dogfish's lead. I don't see what is so hard about that!
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The ATF is now hyper sensitive to the SBRs in Washington because  of 2014.  You will be rejected and you will be wasting their time and the time of other folks in the process who are actually conforming to the laws in their state.

Everybody always wants to push the issue. Please don't. We are going through a process to expedite the recognition of the change in Washington's SBR law with the ATF locally and at their headquarters.

Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Will do, it is a very minor inconvenience for all that has been done to get us to this point.

Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top