Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 3:00:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He sure didn't waste any time on that.  Is there a list on the wa.gov site somewhere saying which were vetoed?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
on king5 they just had the gov on, and he said he vetod 20 something and signed 10.  ugh.  seems like a pretty dick move.  "some of you didn't do your jobs, so i'm going to throw away everyone's work"

He sure didn't waste any time on that.  Is there a list on the wa.gov site somewhere saying which were vetoed?

I've seen the list on Twitter, didn't notice SBR bill among them. But I can almost bet an analysis of those passed and those vetoed will show a party-line split based on the sponsor. Saw one for Roach vetoed and one for Hasegawa (liberal shitbag D) signed.....

If the legislature had any balls, they'd overturn every veto and tell Inslee to fuck off on everything else. But the Dems won't do it.  

And why the hell are they talking budget in a non-budget year?
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 3:01:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I've seen the list on Twitter, didn't notice SBR bill among them. But I can almost bet an analysis of those passed and those vetoed will show a party-line split based on the sponsor. Saw one for Roach vetoed and one for Hasegawa (liberal shitbag D) signed.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
on king5 they just had the gov on, and he said he vetod 20 something and signed 10.  ugh.  seems like a pretty dick move.  "some of you didn't do your jobs, so i'm going to throw away everyone's work"

Nothing HERE yet but I would imagine this is where it would be.

ETA: Found this online:
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 3:57:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If the legislature had any balls, they'd overturn every veto and tell Inslee to fuck off on everything else. But the Dems won't do it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see several from Hasegawa vetoed,  otherwise I would assume you were correct.

They are talking about the budget because Inslee and state Dems want to begin pushing for an income tax. Just watch.

I have also heard the incessant BS about the McCleary case come up in media again,  which always seems to preclude some more claims that the state doesn't have the money to "fully fund" public education. They might start by doing something other than  fining themselves in response.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Well thank God he signed January 11th into being "Human Trafficking Awareness Day" Lord knows our state is better off for that!

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Its not on either list. Does that mean he took no action, so it will become law in 30 days?
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I am confused, here is the list, no where in site???  I hope this is a good sign.

http://www.governor.wa.gov/office-governor/official-actions/bill-action

ETA

Delivered to Governor but this still does not answer what happened;

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=6165&year=2015

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:03:14 PM EDT
[#7]

My understanding is that he has 20 days after it was delivered to sign, veto or take no action.

So a veto could still be on the table.

Stay tuned...
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:17:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Son of a.... Yyyaaarrrrhhhggggg!!!!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll likely know in advance of a veto.  SOP is that the Governor speaks with the Senator/Rep who sponsored the bill prior to a veto.  I know a guy, so unless you hear it from me or see it on the bill summary, it is likely BS, and tinfoil ass hattery.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
...tinfoil ass hattery.
View Quote

I work in Olympia. There's PLENTY of that to go around.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...tinfoil ass hattery.

Yup.   Grew up there.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'll likely know in advance of a veto.  SOP is that the Governor speaks with the Senator/Rep who sponsored the bill prior to a veto.  I know a guy, so unless you hear it from me or see it on the bill summary, it is likely BS, and tinfoil ass hattery.
View Quote

So it sounds like the gov is maybe ok with it passing due to keeping political friends, but wants to keep his name off it cause its a pro-gun bill?
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't know, but we should be able to sue somebody for psychological pain and suffering. I'm not sure how the gods found a way to torment us so with a bill that gets 90%+ votes in the legislature, but they found a way.

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So it sounds like the gov is maybe ok with it passing due to keeping political friends, but wants to keep his name off it cause its a pro-gun bill?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Inslee signed the SBR bill in 2014.  He already has his name on this.   This current bill is just a minor edit in verbiage.  You are reading too much into this.

Everybody just needs to take a chill pill and relax.  The hard part is done.  Guessing what could possibly go wrong without any basis in fact is a waste of effort.  

(Although Blake did say if Ramtha spoke to JZ and Inslee this weekend and recommended a veto, the bill is toast)  

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 4:57:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Everybody just needs to take a chill pill and relax.  Guessing what could possibly go wrong without any basis in fact is a waste of effort.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Inslee signed the SBR bill in 2014.  He already has his name on this.   This current bill is just a minor edit in verbiage.  You are reading too much into this.

Everybody just needs to take a chill pill and relax.  The hard part is done.  Guessing what could possibly go wrong without any basis in fact is a waste of effort.  

(Although Blake did say if Ramtha spoke to JZ and Inslee this weekend and recommended a veto, the bill is toast)  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew she was a lib but didn't know she gave that much money.

Ramsters sure love guns though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow.  Dems need to find a new governor candidate next election.  House/Senate need to override each and every veto
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Jay Sleezy along with Edd Retard wants to tax the fuck out of hard working Americans by pushing for state income tax while using school children's and homeless (criminals) as pawns. I doubt anything  will pass as long as he doesn't get it his way... Cross finger for X95 SBR :-D
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe the best we can hope for is that the gov takes no action and the bill goes into effect by staying clear of this bruhaha. It's going to be more than a little annoying if our beloved bill becomes cannon fodder amidst a hail of Olympia bill crap.

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 12:36:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Maybe the best we can hope for is that the gov takes no action and the bill goes into effect by staying clear of this bruhaha. It's going to be more than a little annoying if our beloved bill becomes cannon fodder amidst a hail of Olympia bill crap.

View Quote

This.. I don't take it he wants to upset a lot of LEO's throughout WA.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 3:06:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not meant to be an "I hate LEO" comment because that's far from it.

What about the thousands of law abiding citizens fucked over by a retard at the DOL Firearms Unit?

I guess it goes to show once again that nobody gives a shit whether a guy who spends his entire life out of trouble and obeying the law gets to exercise his constitutional rights but give that guy a badge/commission and the world opens up depending on the agency he works for.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 3:09:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What about the thousands of law abiding citizens fucked over by a retard at the DOL Firearms Unit?  

I guess it goes to show once again that nobody gives a shit whether a guy who spends his entire life out of trouble and obeying the law gets to exercise his constitutional rights but give that guy a badge/commission and the world opens up depending on the agency he works for.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fail to see how "the world opens up" for an individual LEO in this instance just because he has a commission card.  Can you expand on that one?  I haven't been able to get a SBR since the law changed just like the rest of you (its actually "us" since we are all in the same boat here but that doesn't flow the same).

Honestly, I don't think the governor cares one way or the other about what LE thinks in this state about this issue or any other for that matter.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 3:35:55 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I fail to see how "the world opens up" for an individual LEO in this instance just because he has a commission card.  Can you expand on that one?  I haven't been able to get a SBR since the law changed just like the rest of you (its actually "us" since we are all in the same boat here but that doesn't flow the same).

Honestly, I don't think the governor cares one way or the other about what LE thinks in this state about this issue or any other for that matter.
View Quote
I guess it was more of a flippant response to the idea that laws should be passed because someone wouldn't want to piss off LEO's.

I was making a poorly argued point that in many states and even our own, certain exemptions in the law do exist for officers. The laws on auto knives is one example. A few of my buddies have mentioned that they wouldn't even blink an eye at someone carrying an auto knife provided they weren't an asshole but the idea that certain exemptions exist is what bothers me. As you mentioned, it is "us".

And I completely agree that Inslee could give two shits about LE. His actions say as much.

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 5:15:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I guess it was more of a flippant response to the idea that laws should be passed because someone wouldn't want to piss off LEO's.

I was making a poorly argued point that in many states and even our own, certain exemptions in the law do exist for officers. The laws on auto knives is one example. A few of my buddies have mentioned that they wouldn't even blink an eye at someone carrying an auto knife provided they weren't an asshole but the idea that certain exemptions exist is what bothers me. As you mentioned, it is "us".

And I completely agree that Inslee could give two shits about LE. His actions say as much.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im tracking now.  In WA there is no exemption for LE to have privately owned SBRs, they need to be on the department books.  I also agree with your friends philosophy that most minor things can be overlooked...if you don't give me a reason not to.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 1:29:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Im tracking now.  In WA there is no exemption for LE to have privately owned SBRs, they need to be on the department books.  I also agree with your friends philosophy that most minor things can be overlooked...if you don't give me a reason not to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As it should be, if your a honest law (for the most part) abiding person, and you treat people and LEO's the way you want to be treated, than yes little things can and should be over looked, like a auto. I don't carry mine anymore as if I did need it I'd most likely not fair well, and I can open my assisted faster anyway.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Let's not get sidetracked or distracted here. What's the latest? Has BB heard anything at all dawg? I would imagine that 99.999999% of the talk in Olympia is about the special session / budget and everyone is focused on that...

Link Posted: 3/14/2016 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Let's not get sidetracked or distracted here. What's the latest? Has BB heard anything at all dawg? I would imagine that 99.999999% of the talk in Olympia is about the special session / budget and everyone is focused on that...

View Quote

No thread ever gets derailed here.  What have you been smoking?

No news is good news.  Just hang out until 4/1/16 when the 20 days (not counting Sundays) has passed.  Yes, it would be nice if he just signed it, but he only signed 10 bills so far this session.

Please do nothing to make this bill a target in any way.  Your calls or emails bitching/pleading to Inslee WILL NOT HELP.  Be patient, sit on your hands, learn how to knit, or maybe start a garden.  Our work is done.

Should Inslee think about a veto there has always been a discussion between Inslee and the sponsoring Senator/Rep prior to the red stamp of doom.  Brian will let me know if any such conversation takes place, but to date there has been no indication that this bill will be vetoed.

Grab a beer, get logged onto atf-online, and get ready to submit a few F1's.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Wise words and I hope that we can follow this simple and common-sense advice since "I" too agree that no news is good news!!

...Bitching and/or threatening the politicians at this point can and will only screw things up.  Yes, we put them into power AND until we vote them out, they HAVE the power to piss all over our parade.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No news is good news.  Just hang out until 4/1/16 when the 20 days (not counting Sundays) has passed.  Yes, it would be nice if he just signed it, but he only signed 10 bills so far this session.

Please do nothing to make this bill a target in any way.  Your calls or emails bitching/pleading to Inslee WILL NOT HELP.  Be patient, sit on your hands, learn how to knit, or maybe start a garden.  Our work is done.

Should Inslee think about a veto there has always been a discussion between Inslee and the sponsoring Senator/Rep prior to the red stamp of doom.  Brian will let me know if any such conversation takes place, but to date there has been no indication that this bill will be vetoed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been waiting in a very quiet manner until it gets signed after being one of the "bulk denial" of 05/15

Got three pistols and a trust waiting to go just need to submit the paperwork and check

Thanks for all you have done and what you continue to do Dawgfish
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Been waiting in a very quiet manner until it gets signed after being one of the "bulk denial" of 05/15

Got three pistols and a trust waiting to go just need to submit the paperwork and check

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have two pistols I'm ready to pull the trigger in myself.  Shouldn't be long guys.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#31]
M92 PAP, 10/22, at least 2 AR lowers, a CZ scorpion (if available)... prolly a few others. I'm all in before 41F.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 10:16:29 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm staying very optimistic over here.  So if we were to make it quietly to 4/1/16....scratch that, 4/2/16 without any significant news, we can safely assume we're in the clear?  If so, I may go ahead and get the ball rolling on a few F1's at that time, and hopefully get them approved by August.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 12:31:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm staying very optimistic over here.  So if we were to make it quietly to 4/1/16....scratch that, 4/2/16 without any significant news, we can safely assume we're in the clear?  If so, I may go ahead and get the ball rolling on a few F1's at that time, and hopefully get them approved by August.
View Quote

Not sure.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 3:12:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a free country, but I'd advise against it. When you submit a form 1 you are attesting that doing so is legal. Yes, I know early-submitters  got approved after the first SBR bill passed in 2014...but you're gonna feel like an idiot if you get a big fat "denied!" from BATFE on July 15.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 1:41:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 3:32:05 AM EDT
[#36]
I agree with you completely, and always have on this issue. Re-reading my post, it's not very clear. The "early submitters" I was talking about were people that submitted their F1s between the time the gov signed the 2014 bill and when it went into affect. A bunch of people did that, and AFAIK, they were all approved (because by the time ATF looked at them, months later, the law was in effect). Personally, I submitted all mine on the acually effective date...mainly because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of being denied and resubmitting or whatever. I was patient and just wanted to do it right on the first try.

Fast forward to today: if you are like me and want to get the goodies before 41F goes into affect, the safest course of action is to apply the day our SBR fix law goes into affect. Sure, last time the early submitters were fine....but the ATF clearly does whatever the hell they want and they don't care about consistency. Others may have faith in them, I don't have much at all. It's not worth it to me to risk a denial in order to get my form back a month or two faster, especially when fixing a problem could bump me past a hard deadline for submission. Forget that noise. As always, others are free to take whatever risk they feel is acceptable to them...but all these deadlines and the form 1 strangely expiring etc make me nervous.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 3:44:21 AM EDT
[#37]
This is my plan
Submit form ones on all things not high priority (sbr all my ar15 lowers) before law goes into effect
Then when law is active do form one's on things I really want cz evo, Glock 17, and if I can find one an mp5 or kriss vector.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#38]
tick tock... tick tock...

As a sign of my confidence, I picked up a CZ Scorpion Evo. C'mon governor, don't burden me with a really awkward / big pistol!!

Link Posted: 3/17/2016 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#39]
^^^^^
No Joke! I am waiting to stock one as well.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree with that, and I'm thinking and hoping that no other bills will be acted on, discussed or otherwise so as to keep the focus on the budget, I would like to hope even Inslee is smart enough to not want to piss off anyone and further stall any neogotions?
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 1:30:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:No news is good news.  Just hang out until 4/1/16 when the 20 days (not counting Sundays) has passed.
View Quote

2 clarifications/questions:

1. So at 00:00:01 on 04/02/16 the bill becomes law if the gov doesn't veto by then?

2. If the bill becomes law, do we know the effective date yet? Is it 90 days after the reg session ends (ended 03/10/16, so effective date 06/08/16?) or after the special session ends?

Rep Pike says that if negotiations continue to progress as expected it's possible they will finally vote on the budget next Thursday or Friday. I presume that would end the special session. Friday is 03/25/16....90 days later would be 06/23/16. That's just one week prior to Form 1 expiring. Fawk. Cutting it close!
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:Rep Pike says that if negotiations continue to progress as expected it's possible they will finally vote on the budget next Thursday or Friday. I presume that would end the special session. Friday is 03/25/16....90 days later would be 06/23/16. That's just one week prior to Form 1 expiring. Fawk. Cutting it close!
View Quote

What are you talking about when you say Form 1's are expiring?  41F goes into effect July 13th and if your submissions are either postmarked or submitted via Efile before that date, you are good and you will not have to submit fingerprints and photos for each trustee if using a trust.  

So in saying that, please clarify your comments related to Form 1's expiring.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What are you talking about when you say Form 1's are expiring?  41F goes into effect July 13th and if your submissions are either postmarked or submitted via Efile before that date, you are good and you will not have to submit fingerprints and photos for each trustee if using a trust.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Rep Pike says that if negotiations continue to progress as expected it's possible they will finally vote on the budget next Thursday or Friday. I presume that would end the special session. Friday is 03/25/16....90 days later would be 06/23/16. That's just one week prior to Form 1 expiring. Fawk. Cutting it close!

I think it's based on his belief that electronic Form 1's will be going away since there will be paperwork (prints/pictures) required?
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Go to Google, search for "ATF form 1", once the form pdf loads look in the top right corner.

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Go to Google, search for "ATF form 1", once the form pdf loads look in the top right corner.

View Quote

That doesn't mean that the Form 1 is expiring, it is the date of a possible revision.  Most of these types of forms are dated like this, so the government and citizens can track when and why they were revised.  Additionally, forms that have been revised are usually accepted for a set amount of time; this allows for the updated forms to populate the system.  

I would assume that the form will be revised after 41F goes into effect, but it will not be revised prior, and even then, the current form will be be accepted for a set period of time before they will not accept it anymore.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 12:19:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I would assume that the form will be revised after 41F goes into effect, but it will not be revised prior, and even then, the current form will be be accepted for a set period of time before they will not accept it anymore.
View Quote

I'm not gonna assume that, but others are free to do so.  these are the shoelace machine gun people, remember....
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
2 clarifications/questions:

1. So at 00:00:01 on 04/02/16 the bill becomes law if the gov doesn't veto by then?

2. If the bill becomes law, do we know the effective date yet? Is it 90 days after the reg session ends (ended 03/10/16, so effective date 06/08/16?) or after the special session ends?!
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Jesus it's not like you're SOL if you don't get your forms in by July...
Just submit as an individual, send in your Costco photo and fingerprint card.
This mad rush is killing inventory for people who DGAF about 41f.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I'll go ahead and decide for myself when/if/how/why I submit forms. No one is telling you when/how to buy, and since you seem uninterested in beating the 41F deadline then I don't see why you're worried about inventory either. Buy after the rush. Prices will probably be lower then and availability will be better too. You're welcome.

Refocusing on the actual subject of the thread: anyone have any ideas on effective dates?
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are ignorant of what is at stake.  In general 41F is not the end of the world.  
I can still file a form 4 with my trust for suppressors or FACTORY registered SBR's after 41F goes into effect.

What the WAHTF is worried about is the stripped lowers, and firearms currently in possession and not being able to form 1 them into SBR's.  
I would rather spend $200 a pop and register what I have. Factory SBR's are running $1500+.

Time frames are critical for us to be able to form 1 our current firearms.
I appreciate the updates and work on this from the members here
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top