4/17/2014 3:33:50 PM
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED
Page:  / 9
Author
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/8/2013 4:49:19 PM

THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT
Originally Posted By tjunior6252:
www.fpsproducts.com has everything in-stock. Their lowers have a little extra machining done so an upper will sit on top. They have jigs in-stock too. Promo AR80 for 10% off.

I sent them an email on their contact-us page form to ask if they really were "billet" for the price of forged lowers, it got bounced back to my inbox. I'm hesitant to buy from a company that doesn't show live inventory, probably mislabels their product as one costing twice as much, and can't be contacted.

It may just be because I'm getting burned so badly by Ares, but I look carefully at retailers now.
Sledgecrowbar
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/10/2013 5:18:01 PM
This is what I'm looking at right now. Since orders have been placed with this company in many states, I think a federal consumer affairs bureau has to be used so that they understand just how many people have been defrauded.

If you decide to file a complaint, note Ares' Facebook page, where the consumer unrest is inarguably and clearly shown.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
andrewz71
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/10/2013 8:11:19 PM
[Last Edit: 6/10/2013 8:15:08 PM by andrewz71]
Oh, finally got my jig today. Glad I am now done with this company. Order for "in stock" items on 12-15-12. But hey they only left me in the dark for 2-3 months.
383laguna
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/10/2013 9:12:08 PM
Originally Posted By andrewz71:
Oh, finally got my jig today. Glad I am now done with this company. Order for "in stock" items on 12-15-12. But hey they only left me in the dark for 2-3 months.

The TM or their one use?
andrewz71
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/10/2013 10:11:36 PM
TM jig, I've got 4 lowers plus more planned in the future, so I didn't want a throw away jig.

Here is a pic, so people won't say it didn't happen.

Oldpoopie
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/10/2013 11:08:47 PM
[Last Edit: 6/10/2013 11:13:44 PM by Oldpoopie]
I ordered a blue collar rifle kit and jig on 12/31/12, and got a partial fulfillment on Saturday. The only parts missing were the upper and lower receivers. Unfortunately, the two large plates of the jig, and the barrel, were not adequately packaged and protected. They dinged each other up a bit. The jig is perfectly useable that way, but the ding in the barrel will be visable and kinda pisses me off. Im planning on sending it back.... If i can reach someone

See photo here:
Sledgecrowbar
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/11/2013 10:06:03 PM
Originally Posted By Oldpoopie:
Im planning on sending it back.... If i can reach someone

See photo here:

That's just from shipping? That's more than a bit of a ding. Good luck making contact.
383laguna
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/12/2013 5:42:01 AM
Originally Posted By andrewz71:
TM jig, I've got 4 lowers plus more planned in the future, so I didn't want a throw away jig.

Here is a pic, so people won't say it didn't happen.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-gFAEcdxLKQc/UbaGp7CQrNI/AAAAAAAAA3Q/54GLeiw9FK0/s800/image.jpg

Glad to see someone get a jig hopefully mines on the way.
Helium
NorCal_LEO name: Cheezburger
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/13/2013 3:27:10 PM
Just got word from the Mrs. at home, that my jig has arrived. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
Dirtracer49
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/13/2013 4:20:58 PM
For those receiving jigs - What was your order date? Also, did the Ares Armor site show updated shipping information?
I have 4 lowers, waiting on my jig ordered Dec 21.
Helium
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/13/2013 6:03:48 PM
Originally Posted By Dirtracer49:
For those receiving jigs - What was your order date? Also, did the Ares Armor site show updated shipping information?
I have 4 lowers, waiting on my jig ordered Dec 21.

I ordered Dec 17th, and this past Friday sent a polite but strongly worded email to every email address listed on their website. Within 15 min of hitting send I had a reply, and within 30 min I had a tracking number.
80PercentLower
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2013 8:39:31 AM
Short apology note from Ares. Does not say a lot, but looks like they will try to get everything filled by July 8th.

http://aresarmor.com/store/index.php?app=cms&ns=xmodnewsrss_detail&ref=Letter&sid=u600869fr0pt4a5rv922943e281d7v47
Dirtracer49
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2013 11:57:50 AM
I called and they actually answered the phone.
Apologized and admitted they were overwhelmed with orders.
They are supposed to have more jigs in the next 10 days.
I was told mine would ship as soon as they get them in.
We'll see....
MallardMachine
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2013 12:06:27 PM
at least now they have a live update on what is and isn't in stock.
Oldpoopie
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/20/2013 10:39:54 AM
Originally Posted By Oldpoopie:
I ordered a blue collar rifle kit and jig on 12/31/12, and got a partial fulfillment on Saturday. The only parts missing were the upper and lower receivers. Unfortunately, the two large plates of the jig, and the barrel, were not adequately packaged and protected. They dinged each other up a bit. The jig is perfectly useable that way, but the ding in the barrel will be visable and kinda pisses me off. Im planning on sending it back.... If i can reach someone

See photo here:

Well, i returned the damaged barrel, and received an email yesterday and a tracking number for a replacement, as well as news that my lower is coming too. They also said hat my upper should be coming soon as they are currently en route to them.
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/21/2013 2:04:40 AM
Well it's both comforting and irritating that more people are having the same issue I have. I'm out of the country right now so I'm not exactly fuming yet, but I was told I would get mine first week in April - I ordered mid February. I know, I'm late to the game, as some have been waiting much longer. But oh well, I'll wait with the rest.
bluestraw
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/21/2013 9:34:43 AM
Waiting on a Jig myself...

Order Date and Time
01/28/2013 09:17:40 AM
211steelreserve
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/26/2013 3:35:34 PM
Well I have emailed them several times explaining that I am moving soon and that I need my part before i move and I HAVE NOT GOTTEN AN ANSWER! This really sucks because Im trying to move out of california and these stupid pointless unconstitutional gun laws that they keep passing without any voter approval!
imsly2
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/26/2013 5:03:31 PM
This makes me feel a little better about the order I placed in March, it appears they just aren't the most communicative people. I think they should at least send out emails every month or so to let you know they are still alive and haven't forgot about you...
powthief19
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/26/2013 5:18:54 PM
[Last Edit: 6/26/2013 5:57:53 PM by powthief19]
Originally Posted By bluestraw:
Waiting on a Jig myself...

Order Date and Time
01/28/2013 09:17:40 AM

We have jigs in stock that work with forged lowers.
http://billet80.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_64&product_id=52

We've also got lowers in stock ready to ship. 149 plus shipping.click here

_sentry_
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/27/2013 4:05:40 PM
Waiting on my jig since December...

I see a notice on their website posted today:

"Jigs
We are in the process of alternative solutions and are considering the production of our own Jigs."

You've got to be kidding me.
Helium
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/27/2013 4:27:34 PM
Originally Posted By _sentry_:
Waiting on my jig since December...

I see a notice on their website posted today:

"Jigs
We are in the process of alternative solutions and are considering the production of our own Jigs."

You've got to be kidding me.

Wow, just......wow. Not to rub it in to those who are still waiting, but I'm glad I ordered as soon as I did back in Dec. Their stock update reads as follows;

Stock Update

All of our 80 percent products and 1/4 our nylon products are out of stock. We are doing everything we can to reduce lead times on our out of stock products. We have hired additional people to help. Please bear with us through this stage as we grow to better serve our customers. PLEASE place your order only if you are willing to wait for your product(s). We are spending large amounts of money to drastically reduce lead times. We do NOT want you to place an order if you are NOT 100 PERCENT SURE that you are willing to wait!

We are one of the few companies that refuse to price gouge. Please be aware that several of our distributors are already gouging us. There are more than a few products that we are now selling below our cost. If this continues, we will be forced to raise prices.

Customer Service is doing their best to reply to emails. You can contact Customer Service directly at: Stephanie@aresarmor.com

Apologies, we have so many phone messages that we are no longer returning calls; but hope to remedy this soon. If you really need to get a hold of us, emailing Customer Service is the quickest means.

AR-15 RAW Lowers
We are shipping orders listed in our system on 30th of December. Expect progress to slow for RAW Lowers temporarily. We will only be receiving Anodized Lowers for the next week. Progress to resume the following week for RAW Lowers.

AR-15 Anodized Lowers
We are shipping orders listed in our system on 24th of December. For the next week we will be receiving anodized lowers, so expect progress to continue.

AR-10
To date we have not received new information. Manufacturer is currently only producing AR-15 since December 2012 due to the high demand.

Jigs
We are in the process of alternative solutions and are considering the production of our own Jigs.

Rudius
To date we have not received new information. Grips were produced out of specification and were rejected due to quality control issues. The past 3 samples have been rejected primarily due to the following: (1) Magazine does NOT fit and (2) Severe warping.

The best of luck to those still waiting.
383laguna
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/28/2013 12:58:53 PM
Just got off the phone with them trying to get a refund for my jig ordered dec 22. The TM's are still on backorder and two to three weeks out(heard that before) They started manufacturing their own jig, from what the lady said was basically a tm with the depths milled into the side. Who knows what I'm actually going to get and when, she took my info for the refund but stuck to her guns about the policy and wait time mentioned. This really pisses me off considering TM has them instock currently.
80PercentLower
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/28/2013 2:45:43 PM
Originally Posted By 383laguna:
..... basically a tm with the depths milled into the side.

What does that mean?

383laguna
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/29/2013 9:15:10 AM
Originally Posted By 80PercentLower:
Originally Posted By 383laguna:
..... basically a tm with the depths milled into the side.

What does that mean?

The depth of the rear shelf and fcg pocket will be stamped or milled into the side of the jig so you don't have to have prints.
Page:  / 9
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED