Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/15/2013 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm still waiting on my jig....... waiting...........

Link Posted: 4/15/2013 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Got a tracking number today should be here the 15th same for the guy who ordered on the 29.

Shipped apr 12

Quoted:
My raw was here in the mail toda y no notification.  Just happens to look AR my orders and it showed. Completed and found it waiting for me.

Mind listing your order dates?  Dec 21st here and still nothing, my order still shows "waiting for stock" on their site as of a minute ago.  You'd think if they got a shipment on the 4th, and are filling orders from the 21st to the 31st of Dec, it wouldn't take a week and a half to get through one day's orders.  Starting to get pissed.
Link Posted: 4/15/2013 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#3]
youll find my info a page back

12/20 1 black lower received 4/5
12/25 1 raw received 4/15
Link Posted: 4/15/2013 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered a single Raw 80 on December 21st and it showed up in the mail today April 15th. No shipment notification but I am not complaining!
Link Posted: 4/15/2013 11:21:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Same here a couple post back but to put it all together.

ordered Dec 22  one raw and jig

shipped Apr 12 no email had to get tracking from Facebook page
arrived Apr 15 raw lower no jig
Link Posted: 4/16/2013 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I placed my order on Dec 19th at 4:08:26pm I paid in full and got a confirmation of the order and that it was paid in full. I was told on the phone before I placed my order that I would receive my order in February. Things happened in the industry and I understand that, so I was told Feb/Mar delivery. I emailed in March and was told I would be receiving my 3 anodized lowers in March. March has come and gone and Ares will not respond to any of my emails. I have also posted in their facebook statuses and I get no response there either. I checked them out on the BBB website and they are non accredited there and the complaints on that site are for people not receiving their product and the latest complaint says that they did not respond to the BBB request to resolve.

Order # ORD3027919089
Placed on 12-19-12 @ 4:08 pm
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I got my 2 80% in the mail today with no notification that they shipped or anything.

I placed my order on Dec. 24th.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got my 2 80% in the mail today with no notification that they shipped or anything.

That's what I don't understand, I ordered mine on Dec, 19th. and haven't heard a thing. Are your raw or anodized? Mine are Anodized.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 9:03:01 AM EDT
[#9]
send them a reply on there site i had tried to REPLY form my order conf and never heard anything till i used there sites contact us page
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I don't understand, I ordered mine on Dec, 19th. and haven't heard a thing. Are your raw or anodized? Mine are Anodized.

Raw.  
They are the two on the right.  The other 3 are the 0% I have been milling for about 2 1/2 months.

Link Posted: 4/18/2013 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
send them a reply on there site i had tried to REPLY form my order conf and never heard anything till i used there sites contact us page

I have sent them a message via their contact link on their site multiple times, I get no response at all. The last response I got from them was on March 6th when Joey told me I was still on for a March delivery...... nothing since then.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
youll find my info a page back

12/20 1 black lower received 4/5
12/25 1 raw received 4/15

Quoted:
I ordered a single Raw 80 on December 21st and it showed up in the mail today April 15th. No shipment notification but I am not complaining!

Quoted:
Same here a couple post back but to put it all together.

ordered Dec 22  one raw and jig

shipped Apr 12 no email had to get tracking from Facebook page
arrived Apr 15 raw lower no jig

Still nothing from my 3x raw lowers placed on 12/21.  Still showing "waiting for stock" on their site when I check order status.

Quoted:
I placed my order on Dec 19th at 4:08:26pm I paid in full and got a confirmation of the order and that it was paid in full. I was told on the phone before I placed my order that I would receive my order in February. Things happened in the industry and I understand that, so I was told Feb/Mar delivery. I emailed in March and was told I would be receiving my 3 anodized lowers in March. March has come and gone and Ares will not respond to any of my emails. I have also posted in their facebook statuses and I get no response there either. I checked them out on the BBB website and they are non accredited there and the complaints on that site are for people not receiving their product and the latest complaint says that they did not respond to the BBB request to resolve.

Order # ORD3027919089
Placed on 12-19-12 @ 4:08 pm

They stated that they were filling orders from the 21st on now, and if you had ordered before that date to contact them.  Since people who ordered after i did have gotten their lowers already, anodized or raw, I'm sure there's more than a little screwup going on in the packing line.

Feels like Brownells magazine garbage all over again.  Honestly, how hard is it to fill one day's orders before the next?  You'd think counting 30 days and 12 months had suddenly become rocket science.

We can't have so much as a "we're still working on it" from Ares' Facebook page, but pictures of all the other stuff they're doing get updated all the time.  It's like they forgot they were in the lower receiver business.  They certainly forgot they were in the order fulfillment business.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Anybody have an info on these?  Don't have FB and am waiting on an ago order placed 1/31.  Just wondering if it is going to be weeks or months.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I sent 6 or 7 emails to Mike and Stephanie two weeks ago. I got a response the next day from both, Mike they just got a big shipment in and they would be sending it soon. Stephanie told me they would ship it next month. I placed my order on 1/5/13
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#15]
This is encouraging.

I just sent them an email asking on an update for my 1/13/13 order of a single lower and then I found this thread just by chance.

I'll reply here if I get an answer in the next day or two.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks guys. Looks like there is hope on the horizon. Now if my .300 upper would come at the same time......
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I sent 6 or 7 emails to Mike and Stephanie two weeks ago. I got a response the next day from both, Mike they just got a big shipment in and they would be sending it soon. Stephanie told me they would ship it next month. I placed my order on 1/5/13

Why would they wait three weeks to ship lowers that are in stock now and were paid for five months ago?

I sent an email on 4/26 about my 12/21 order, still no reply.  I guess I need to send six more?  What business operates like that?

Apparently the stock they got in on 4/4 was all anodized, though that's just what I pieced together.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 9:08:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Mike stopped replying to my every 2 months update.  Stephanie replied 2 weeks ago when I emailed her.  She said they got an order of jigs in and mine would ship out first thing Mon. 4-29.  Well I have not got it yet.  And emailed her on Sat. 5-4 for tracking and she has not replied.  I think I will email them all again for an update on my order place 12-15-12.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 4:38:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would they wait three weeks to ship lowers that are in stock now and were paid for five months ago?

I sent an email on 4/26 about my 12/21 order, still no reply.  I guess I need to send six more?  What business operates like that?

Apparently the stock they got in on 4/4 was all anodized, though that's just what I pieced together.

It's a bit ridiculous how long its taking and how hard it is to get a response from anyone, when I placed my order it didn't say they were out of stock.  I found this thread a week later. They really shouldn't take orders if they can't fulfill them. They had to know they had a huge backlog by the end of December they should have disabled the purchase links so no one had to risk losing money in case they decide they can't make it and they go under.

Link Posted: 5/10/2013 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#20]
They have some 80% billets in stock, $160 a pop.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 3:21:44 AM EDT
[#21]
I have sent numerous emails and haven't seen any responses since  about February.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anybody have an info on these?  Don't have FB and am waiting on an ago order placed 1/31.  Just wondering if it is going to be weeks or months.

The last thing they said was they where getting a massive shipment on may 8  to fill all orders plus more. Not sure if they said anodized or raw, I had seen where they said they didn't know either. No word on their shipment looks like their getting the runaround too.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 6:51:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Well going on 3 weeks since they said they would ship out my jig that I ordered 12-15-12.  Now they will not respond to any emails.  Has anyone else received their jigs.
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Still nothing here from 12/21 for three raw lowers.  I just read something on facebook that their May 8th shipment was delayed a week and the anodized lowers were delayed 2-3 weeks.  That still means my lowers should have been here by now, so I'm thinking this company is getting ready to close up shop with our money.
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Still nothing here from 12/21 for three raw lowers.  I just read something on facebook that their May 8th shipment was delayed a week and the anodized lowers were delayed 2-3 weeks.  That still means my lowers should have been here by now, so I'm thinking this company is getting ready to close up shop with our money.

I have similar thoughts. Been thinking about filing a fraud claim with my CC as it is nearly impossible to talk to them. If no one is calling the store anymore then how the hell are the phone lines too busy to answer? I couldn't be more displeased with my experience. Again what I feel the worst about is referring people to them during the crisis.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#26]
I think I might have to call my CC company and do the same. Its just been to long of a wait.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Just received my 2 lowers last Friday.  Originally ordered in Dec.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#28]
I went through a very long list of posts on Aers facebook page just now, lots of folks have lost their cool and gotten colorful about conveying their feelings.  I saw a bunch of refund requests and a bunch more people saying they had made refund requests and gotten nothing, so they were just going to file a fraud claim with their credit card company.

Of the very few posts actually by Ares, this is the only helpful thing I found.

Ares Armor: They are being shipped out by order date. The shipment never came in on the 8th. It will be here within this week or next week.

"This week or next week" sounds like "the check is in the mail" to me now from this company.

Their PR/CS department seems to have gone into hiding, which is ridiculous because everyone is asking the same question, and even if the answer is "the shipment has been pushed back because of X", at least give us a real, truthful answer.  We can buy finished lowers now for $100 shipped, again.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Got our paperweights last week, ordered before Christmas.  Now the serious part begins...teeheeeeee!
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#30]
got mine today; ordered 12/31 last year; tried to cancel in mid Feb, but they charged my card already,,,oh well,
here goes,,,,,
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
got mine today; ordered 12/31 last year; tried to cancel in mid Feb, but they charged my card already,,,oh well,
here goes,,,,,

They're DEFINITELY not filling orders as they were received, then.  This company is clown shoes.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 7:53:13 AM EDT
[#32]
No responses to each of my 3 emails over the past three weeks.

If they have no inventory to ship, shouldnt they have plenty of prople available to answer the phone?
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
No responses to each of my 3 emails over the past three weeks.

If they have no inventory to ship, shouldnt they have plenty of prople available to answer the phone?

My thoughts exactly my friend. Guess they are too busy "defending our 2A rights"
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 5:04:41 AM EDT
[#34]
I too am still waiting on a jig from my Dec. order. The silence from Ares Armor, in the past week especially, has been deafening. They removed the comments from their Facebook page, probably due to the number of people complaining there. And it sounds like anyone who has attempted to email lately, has been completely ignored. I'm still holding out hope that this is a reputable company, that just got in WAY over their head.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 6:19:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Has anyone purchased their "Single Use" 80% AR15 Jig?  $85.00.  They have over 740 in stock; down from over 800 a few weeks ago.  The website has two pictures and claims to include the needed top plates. But there is not a detailed picture or description of what is included.  If they would describe it better, I probably would buy one.

http://aresarmor.com/store/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=USE80percentar15jig&sid=9167oirv152r12w299yas328704lt724

I have an 80% anodized lower and a jig on order since mid-January. I do not expect to see them soon.
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#36]
I ordered one of their single use jigs but its not actually for single use. if you don't beat it up too much in the milling process u can most definitely use it again it just doesn't come with instructions. It got to my house in like 2 days after i ordered it. It comes with all the patterns u need to finish ur 80% lower. Here is a good link for milling instructions using a drill press.  http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=123&t=539439
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#37]
I ordered a raw 80% lower from ares armor on 5/10/13 and from what i've been reading so far it doesnt look like ill be getting my lower for a very long time.. I tried to email them several times but no answer on my order status... i think im going to start looking around for another lower that wont take six months to ship.. i think i will never buy from these guys again.. well at least their lowers.. not worth the wait...
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Sorry first post here...been reading and learning for a while tho.
I ordered two 80% unanodized lowers on Jan 12,2013.....I received order completed email on May 16th .
Lowers arrived a couple three days later......keyhole forge marked and perfect in appearance.
They are a bit behind but they are shipping orders out.
I did order a Quentin Defense Billet lower on Feb 2nd 2013 and received it first of May....so they are experiencing some backlog also.
It also was a work of art......Just be patient....having time to work on upgrading the mill....while waiting on parts...>) Priceless.
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I ordered two 80% unanodized lowers on Jan 12,2013.....I received order completed email on May 16th .
Lowers arrived a couple three days later......keyhole forge marked and perfect in appearance.
I did order a Quentin Defense Billet lower on Feb 2nd 2013 and received it first of May....so they are experiencing some backlog also.
It also was a work of art......Just be patient....having time to work on upgrading the mill....while waiting on parts...>) Priceless.

Wait what? I ordered mine on dec 31 2012, and my brother a few days later and weve still not gotten anything!
Link Posted: 6/5/2013 2:52:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait what? I ordered mine on dec 31 2012, and my brother a few days later and weve still not gotten anything!

Try sending email [email protected]
or try the phone # 760-650-2737
Email responses have been slow....but I got thru eventually...
Link Posted: 6/5/2013 7:31:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Pics or it didnt happen.  

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/5/2013 7:35:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Pics or it didnt happen.  

Quoted:

I second that motion. The lowers I recieved were not keyhole marked forgings, nor were they in perfect shape. Every one of them had a ding or flaw in it. Pics or it didn't happen x2.
Link Posted: 6/5/2013 7:44:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
here goes,,,,,

They're DEFINITELY not filling orders as they were received, then.  This company is clown shoes.

This is the case for sure!

i received mine last week after a full frontal harassment via every email address they have including phone calls, like most of you...were passed the 90 day window for disputing the charges.

Now i will say, i have my lowers and they are not a high quality forging, looks to be par for the course in this panic...
Link Posted: 6/5/2013 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If you had said one thing that sounded like bull, I'd suspend disbelief, but you got your lowers five months late and you're happy about it, telling us to be patient, and that your raw lowers have keyhole marks when nobody else's do?

I ordered raw lowers on Dec 21st.  How would you like it if someone who ordered 22 days after you got their lowers before you, after you had been charged up front and then ignored for half a year?
Link Posted: 6/5/2013 11:07:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, after many many emails, i finally got a response.... They are shipping partial fulfilment. We'll see how it looks when it gets here.
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#46]
In a rush to leave for Indiana in the morning...not sure if the pics wil load or not....might be too large...if that's the case they will have to wait till I get back from vacation.
http://<ahttp://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i376/McCord481e/DSCN2529.jpg</a>" />
http://<ahttp://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i376/McCord481e/DSCN2532.jpg</a>" />
http://<ahttp://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i376/McCord481e/DSCN2519.jpg</a>" />
Not perfect...and not finished yet....but I'm havin a hella of a good time learning it... I am in no ways a machinist nor will ever call myself one.
But so far the parts fit and function as expected.I will also be learning home anaodizing as well to finish them...if that doesn't turn out well...I will ceracote them.
Thats a Harbor Freight mini mill with a Billet rifle Systems Jig holding the Quentin Defense Billet lower.
I don't have my DRO's for it yet so I have to go slow.
Cheers!
The forge mark appears on the drivers side rear leg of the trigger area in front of the grip.
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 10:13:02 PM EDT
[#47]
I have 12 lowers coming, and Im waiting on these guys for a jig.
I wonder how long Ill be waiting?
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 4:27:14 AM EDT
[#48]
www.fpsproducts.com has everything in-stock. Their lowers have a little extra machining done so an upper will sit on top. They have jigs in-stock too. Promo AR80 for 10% off.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 4:29:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I have 12 lowers coming, and Im waiting on these guys for a jig.
I wonder how long Ill be waiting?

Well, consider that I've been waiting for a jig since December. Any day now.......
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 6:10:45 AM EDT
[#50]
I just got a confirmation email this morning for my anodized lower. I placed my order 1/2/2013. yesterday I sent an email to every contact person I could find on their site.
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top