Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2008 11:06:50 PM EDT
Has anyone built a kit from fire for effect?  Their prices are very good, $529 for an m4 kit including a mag, carry handle and shipping.  And they claim their kits are made by cmmg.  i know cmmg is respectable, but i was wondering if anyone has had a bad or good (for that matter) experience with FFE.   Hows their quality control?
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 11:20:48 PM EDT
[#1]
If they are using the exact same parts as CMMG, I would think they would be ok?
Just being assembled by CMMG tells me nothing. (Even if I did know where they get their parts. )
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 8:35:14 AM EDT
[#2]
They say on their website that the parts are manufactured by cmmg.  Well if noone else here has used them I guess Ill have to be the guinea pig.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 9:11:17 AM EDT
[#3]
*strictly speculation here*

CMMG is making SOME of the parts for FFE. But we still don't know if CMMG is manufacturing ALL the parts for THEIR guns.

I'd bet on the LPK, buffer/tube, and the sights being left over parts. Maybe even the BCG as well. Probably DPMS.

I'm sure it will function perfectly. But don't think your getting a CMMG gun for that price. CMMG would be cutting their own throats if a FFE rifle and a CMMG rifle were the exact same thing. I'm sure QC isn't as good as a regular CMMG rifle either.

Take this for what's it's worth...........just and opinion.

Here are some links where FFE is mentioned. Read up. Talk to some FFE owners.

here
and here

Hope this helps. Let us know what you think/do.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the responses.  Whenever I get some time Ill have to go through those threads.
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 5:34:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
*strictly speculation here*

CMMG is making SOME of the parts for FFE. But we still don't know if CMMG is manufacturing ALL the parts for THEIR guns.

I'd bet on the LPK, buffer/tube, and the sights being left over parts. Maybe even the BCG as well. Probably DPMS.

I'm sure it will function perfectly. But don't think your getting a CMMG gun for that price. CMMG would be cutting their own throats if a FFE rifle and a CMMG rifle were the exact same thing. I'm sure QC isn't as good as a regular CMMG rifle either.

Take this for what's it's worth...........just and opinion.

Here are some links where FFE is mentioned. Read up. Talk to some FFE owners.

here
and here

Hope this helps. Let us know what you think/do.

CMMG has some serious stake in FFE... they havent said it, but I believe they are atleast partially owned by CMMG.  All parts in the upper its self that matter are CMMG, the only difference is that CMMG isnt stamping the barrells for them with the classic CMMG markings (meaning they are showing the chambers and etc)  I spoke with the guys from CMMG and from FFE this weekend at a fun show and they assured me that this was the case.  If you notice at each show they set up right next to each other.  Now with that said, I own TWO FFE rifle kits and an FFE pistol kit.  I am EXTREMELY pleased.  Sets up nice, and shoots even better.  It is CMMG quality, at a slightly less price.

I hope this helps out!

later!
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 7:17:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered one for my Spike's receiver, Gmaxwell. It hasen't arrived yet, but I'll let you know about it as soon as I get it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered two.  The upper assembly is all CMMG.  The LPK appears to be DMPS.  The handguards and carry handle are CAA.  The magazine is CMMG.  The sling is a cheap POS nylon strap that I wouldn't put on a BB gun.  All said, I'm very happy with it, and you really can't beat the price.  

The story is that the parts they use are 'overruns'.  I cannot verify that, however.  The upper is very nice.  Fit and finish excellent.  

Shane
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I received my kit from UPS today. The barrel has the new WASP coating (I don't know what that stands for), M-4 feedramps, F marked front sight base ( has<B> ) on right side? ) , keyhole forge marked upper, better-than nothing -but not perfect bolt carrier staking, 30 rd mag with green follower and CMMG floorplate, nylon sling , and CAA  removeable carry handle. The LPK looks a lot like the one in my DPMS lower, and the 6 position stock fits the buffer tube better than the Tapco's I have seen. All in all, I would say a great kit for the money. I'll put it all together on my Spike's lower while I'm off on Friday. Will let you know how it goes.

Only thing I did not like was the fact the barrel is not marked in any way. Not even the twist rate on it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top