[#2]
Roger...

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:18:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMRT] [#3]
good rx went from 44 to 80 bucks for me
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:42:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, today was full of good news.

Went to my GP, mentioned my standard TRT protocol from IMT and that the costs were going to be a big deal if I keep it going. Asked him to prescribe me the same stuff I'm on now, but with my choice of pharmacies. He agreed wholeheartedly.

He isn't very familiar with HCG, but was willing to go along with it.

Now I have my Adex with no copay (insurance covered it with no questions asked), $62 for 10ml of TC from CVS with GoodRX, and tomorrow I need to call Empower (bonus: they are local for me!) and drop off my HCG script, but I hear the price is very reasonable there. All bloodwork is free/extremely cheap since it's requested by my GP.

Looks like I brought my monthly cost from $300+ to $50

Only bummer - BP of 140/78. Doc is gonna check my blood numbers and have me track my BP, but believes therapeutic phlebotomy may be necessary to keep it in check.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:13:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By drkddl:

Went to my GP, mentioned my standard TRT protocol from IMT and that the costs were going to be a big deal if I keep it going. Asked him to prescribe me the same stuff I'm on now, but with my choice of pharmacies. He agreed wholeheartedly.

Now I have my Adex with no copay (insurance covered it with no questions asked), $62 for 10ml of TC from CVS with GoodRX, and tomorrow I need to call Empower (bonus: they are local for me!) and drop off my HCG script, but I hear the price is very reasonable there. All bloodwork is free/extremely cheap since it's requested by my GP.

Only bummer - BP of 140/78. Doc is gonna check my blood numbers and have me track my BP, but believes therapeutic phlebotomy may be necessary to keep it in check.
View Quote

Good DOC!

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:00:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PeteCO] [#6]
I'm in a no man's land right now until I can get in and get my labs checked.  Been taking Adex on and off, sometimes it puts me into a one week funk, low energy feel pretty much like shit, depressed etc.  I assume that means my E is getting too low and I need to back off.

So I've laid off of it three weeks, doing my normal shots, last Saturday comes and I took my 1ml of 200mg Test-C.  Along with .5ml of HCG.  Then boom, I become (a) insanely horny, like a sex addict type of horny, but yet have a hard time staying hard and a really hard time "finishing".  My GF loves it, but I hate it.

My Dr says that not being able to finish is usually a sign on too low estrogen (not sure if I agree), but what I know now is that I've got Adex on hand, might try it and see if it helps.  But if I fuck it up and I need more E, I'm going to be a shut-in all of labor day weekend, because I'l be in a hell of a foul mood.  Damn.

Actually, I wonder if it's thr HCG that's fucking with the boners and finishing.  The finishing prob never showed up til I started the HCG.  I take 1ml weekly, every 3.5 days I take .5ml.  I wonder if I should ramp that up or down?

If I try ramping it up, say I double it tomorrow and Friday, is that likely to make me into a horny sex machine (my usual self)?  Or is it likely to make it go the other way?  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PeteCO:
I'm in a no man's land right now until I can get in and get my labs checked.  Been taking Adex on and off, sometimes it puts me into a one week funk, low energy feel pretty much like shit, depressed etc.  I assume that means my E is getting too low and I need to back off.

So I've laid off of it three weeks, doing my normal shots, last Saturday comes and I took my 1ml of 200mg Test-C.  Along with .5ml of HCG.  Then boom, I become (a) insanely horny, like a sex addict type of horny, but yet have a hard time staying hard and a #1 really hard time "finishing".  My GF loves it, but I hate it.

My Dr says that not being able to finish is usually a sign on too low estrogen (not sure if I agree), but what I know now is that I've got Adex on hand, might try it and see if it helps.  But if I fuck it up and I need more E, I'm going to be a shut-in all of labor day weekend, because I'l be in a hell of a foul mood.  Damn.

Actually, #2 I wonder if it's thr HCG that's fucking with the boners and finishing.  The finishing prob never showed up til I started the HCG.  I take 1ml weekly, every 3.5 days I take .5ml.  I wonder if I should ramp that up or down?

If I try ramping it up, say I double it tomorrow and Friday, is that likely to make me into a horny sex machine (my usual self)?  Or is it likely to make it go the other way?  Thoughts?
View Quote

#1 I had the same issue.  then my Amiridex came in and I took  .25 EOD  in  about 10 days it was back to  normal   -and as you mentioned  she loved it-

#2 I have not  started the HCG and had the same issue you just  reported (#1)  so it  may  not the be HCG

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SMRT:

#1 I had the same issue.  then my Amiridex came in and I took  .25 EOD  in  about 10 days it was back to  normal   -and as you mentioned  she loved it-

#2 I have not  started the HCG and had the same issue you just  reported (#1)  so it  may  not the be HCG

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

So I've laid off of it three weeks, doing my normal shots, last Saturday comes and I took my 1ml of 200mg Test-C.  Along with .5ml of HCG.  Then boom, I become (a) insanely horny, like a sex addict type of horny, but yet have a hard time staying hard and a #1 really hard time "finishing".  My GF loves it, but I hate it.

Actually, #2 I wonder if it's thr HCG that's fucking with the boners and finishing.  The finishing prob never showed up til I started the HCG.  I take 1ml weekly, every 3.5 days I take .5ml.  I wonder if I should ramp that up or down?

Interesting - I've tried a max of about .75 weekly of the Adex, maybe I need to take more, not less.  I backed off it once I started to feel like shit, but maybe that was due to something else.  I didn't get gritty joints or anything, but it might be a leap of faith to ramp that up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Interesting - I've tried a max of about .75 weekly of the Adex, maybe I need to take more, not less.  I backed off it once I started to feel like shit, but maybe that was due to something else.  I didn't get gritty joints or anything, but it might be a leap of faith to ramp that up.
View All Quotes

lol

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By EXPY37:

lol

View All Quotes

lol

?  

Fine tuning the E levels is probably the hardest trick in all of this.  My levels were at 45 or so last lab test, with taking a small amount of Adex.  All the forums suggest low numbers like 15 on the E.  Seems like the people who are shooting for an E number that low are in a muscle building regime.

As of now I haven't taken E since August 8, my face feels flush (hot) most of the time, and I feel ok but not particularly energetic but not depressed and shitty either.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:03:27 PM EDT
[#12]
For people who jump in and out of here, and even some of us with intermediate level of knowledge, maybe someone could post what the heck all of these acronyms stand for???

KWIM?  (Know What I Mean?)
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:07:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#13]
Originally Posted By Geohans:
For people who jump in and out of here, and even some of us with intermediate level of knowledge, maybe someone could post what the heck all of these acronyms stand for???

View Quote

lol = LOL = Laughing Out Loud

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

We could, but in a week/month/year would anyone know to come to page 236 to look for it?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BASE:

We could, but in a week/month/year would anyone know to come to page 236 to look for it?
View All Quotes

Especially when a 10 second Google search works...

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By drkddl:

View Quote

Wow. Lucky! Your doctor is awesome, a real keeper.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Without some bloodwork you're guessing as High and low e2 can mimic each other, or it could be completely unrelated.  

I swore HCG was causing me problems similar to yours and I quit taking it.  My problems didn't go away.  It turned out I needed sinus surgery and was suffering from sleep apnea like symptoms because my sinus's were damn near shut off.  

I'd pull some baseline bloodwork without the adex and see what comes up.  Then adjust from there.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

Without some bloodwork you're guessing as High and low e2 can mimic each other, or it could be completely unrelated.  

I swore HCG was causing me problems similar to yours and I quit taking it.  My problems didn't go away.  It turned out I needed sinus surgery and was suffering from sleep apnea like symptoms because my sinus's were damn near shut off.  

I'd pull some baseline bloodwork without the adex and see what comes up.  Then adjust from there.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

Like shooting darts in the dark without bloods.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 9:02:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMRT] [#19]
one thing i dont see mentioned much is diabeties type 2    and low T

my story  
i was diagnosed type 2 may of this year  followed shortly  by a low T rsult of 205 .

since sleap apnea , low t and diabetes seems to  be the arfcom trifecta ( along with divorce.. i wonder if low t  plays a part in that  and its not reconized ...   or something we dont wanna talk about  .
but let  me add as a man that  has seen the diffrence TRT makes   it just might  play a factor but being men   ...   we dont wanna talk about that or make the connection  )

might be worth asking your doc for a low t test if your also a type 2 diabetic

and since 236 pages isnt enough  here is some more reading material
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110413090030.htm

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like I might have hit the sweet spot right out of the gate.

After 3 months of: 2x100mg TC weekly, 2x.5mg Adex weekly, 2x500iu HCG weekly, my labs were:

This is 2 days after a TC shot:

Test: 809ng/dL (250-1100)
Free Test: 189.6pg/mL (35-155)
Estriadol: 34pg/mL (<= 39)

I've got a bunch more labs, but everything was good, including lipids and Hct. Glucose & A1C were acceptable, but higher than I'd like. Most likely due to my level of alcohol consumption causing slight insulin resistance. May have to think about cutting back or bringing back my fasting protocols.

Hell, I may see if my doc is okay with bumping my dose to 240mg/wk of TC just to see how I feel with a test level closer to 1000.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 10:38:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wintermute76] [#21]
So I need to schedule labs for Friday, but Labcorp has totally revamped their site it seems, cant find my old login and had to link it to Microsoft Live Health something.

where do  I find the Female Hormone Panel now?

Thanks in advance!

ETA: Nevermind, was looking at Labcorp, forgot it was PrivateMDlabs d'oh
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:18:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Started my injections yesterday... Finally found a doctor that'd give me the treatment... FUCK KAISER! I'm glad I dropped them...

$2,400 a year for the shit I needed... Insurance will cover most of it though.. Just gotta send in forms for reimbursement.

Even though it's been less than 24 hours, I already feel better. I've been awake at work. Since I work nights that's a good thing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Oh... And tag.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:53:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#24]
Originally Posted By JMaier:
Started my injections yesterday... Finally found a doctor that'd give me the treatment... FUCK KAISER! I'm glad I dropped them...

$2,400 a year for the shit I needed... Insurance will cover most of it though.. Just gotta send in forms for reimbursement.

Even though it's been less than 24 hours, I already feel better. I've been awake at work. Since I work nights that's a good thing.
View Quote

What "shit" did you need that costs $2400/yr?

How did you find your doc?

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I've been taking vitality, and it has turned my symptoms of low t around. Low T and the side effects can be present even if your numbers are in the normal range. I am like you at about 350 but suffering the side effects. Low t varies between individuals. You can also increase your carb intake and be more active to balance the extra energy intake. It's supposed to help according to my doc.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Unicorn Dr indeed.  From what I understand Hematocrit levels are the driving force for theraputic phlebotomy.  When I first started TRT my Hematocrit rose close to 60.  Had to see a hematologist.  Thankfully it's now at 50.7 and still reads high for scale.

Heres a heads up I recently got from the Red Cross regarding blood donations.  I disclose that I am on T. Cyp. injections (it's a question they ask "do you inject anything...").  I had to speak with the shift nurse who then called in to the medical department for authorization.  It has never been a problem in the past and I use donations to keep hematocrit in check.  They specifically asked me "Did your Dr. say that you needed to donate due to TRT?".  I said no (although he recommended it).  Evidently they are disallowing TRT patients that are directed to donate.  This makes absolutely no sense to me since they want every available donor to give.  I have an impressive donation history - gallons and gallons over many years.  They checked my last donation and it was less than 3 months prior so I think thats why they let me do it.  Really dont want to lie on those questionaires but a mans got to do what a mans got to do....
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By IwasReloading:
I've been taking vitality, and it has turned my symptoms of low t around. Low T and the side effects can be present even if your numbers are in the normal range. I am like you at about 350 but suffering the side effects. Low t varies between individuals. You can also increase your carb intake and be more active to balance the extra energy intake. It's supposed to help according to my doc.
View Quote

Wow was responding to page one and didn't look to see it was a 236 page thread nevermind. I'm sure he got the info he needed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JMaier:

$200/month is what most of clinics I've talked with charge. Some even more. They are capitalizing on most doctors just not wanting to touch the stuff. I've been through 5 doctors in my area in the last 5 years and not one of them was willing to discuss TRT
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:28:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#30]
Originally Posted By Zoomer302:
Unicorn Dr indeed.  From what I understand Hematocrit levels are the driving force for theraputic phlebotomy.  When I first started TRT my Hematocrit rose close to 60.  Had to see a hematologist.  Thankfully it's now at 50.7 and still reads high for scale.

Heres a heads up I recently got from the Red Cross regarding blood donations.  I disclose that I am on T. Cyp. injections (it's a question they ask "do you inject anything...").  I had to speak with the shift nurse who then called in to the medical department for authorization.  It has never been a problem in the past and I use donations to keep hematocrit in check.  They specifically asked me "Did your Dr. say that you needed to donate due to TRT?".  I said no (although he recommended it).  Evidently they are disallowing TRT patients that are directed to donate.  This makes absolutely no sense to me since they want every available donor to give.  I have an impressive donation history - gallons and gallons over many years.  They checked my last donation and it was less than 3 months prior so I think thats why they let me do it.  Really dont want to lie on those questionaires but a mans got to do what a mans got to do....
View Quote

"do you inject anything..."

"THAT IS NOT PRESCRIBED BY YOUR DOCTOR..." IIRC is how the question reads...

Reading comprehension and all that...

Sounds like you shot yourself in the foot...  

There is always the possibility of a DIY phlebotomy...  Very easy...

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#31]
going back to the urologist for a follow up on friday.
initially he only checked test serum and free test
is there anything i should add to the blood test?

right now im on 200mg/ml every 2 weeks.

there is improvement on the weight lifting recovery, before i would be sore for 5-7 days after any workout.
now im back to 2-3 days to recover.

sex drive is still low but i did notice the 2nd week after a shot is worse.

im going to ask for weekly injections and a higher dose and see how that feels.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Negative ghostrider.  There are 2 questions regarding injectables.  You are correct - they ask "not prescribed", but also inject ANYTHING
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#33]

There is always the possibility of a DIY phlebotomy...

View Quote

Yeah that's the way it has always been worded on the Red Cross questionnaire. I wouldn't mention it anyway. They are worried about junkies sharing pot needles.

He's not the first one to do that. I've heard that story over and over from people who seem to think they need to mention it. I wish they would publish something to clarify the matter. There's nothing about TRT that should bar someone from making donations, but then I've never seen anything in writing from RC saying it okay.

There are several of us at work that are on TRT and we are always first in line when Red Cross comes to the office. It's kinda funny really, all of the older, fit guys are always right there...
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Negative ghostrider.  There are 2 questions regarding injectables.  You are correct - they ask "not prescribed", but also inject ANYTHING
View All Quotes

Specifically, what are the TWO questions?

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:58:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BASE] [#35]
I think I found it:

Q10. In the past 8 weeks, have you had any vaccinations or other shots?
View Quote

I never really read the "or other shots" part. I guess you could argue that applies.

This is the one I remember seeing:
Q37. Have you ever used needles to take drugs, steroids, or anything NOT prescribed by your doctor?
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:07:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#37]
I think I found it:

I never really read the "or other shots" part. I guess you could argue that applies.

View All Quotes
I think I found it:

Q10. In the past 8 weeks, have you had any vaccinations or other shots?

Q37. Have you ever used needles to take drugs, steroids, or anything NOT prescribed by your doctor?

"Q10. In the past 8 weeks, have you had any vaccinations or other shots?"

Answer-

"Yes -I shot myself in the foot today while answering this questionnaire..."

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone doing TRT using the pellet?

T-nation says injection is only way to go, but my lab says pellet is extremely effective and keeps you at optimum levels constantly - typically keep t levels 1,000-1,500.

What say you? I need to decide by Friday.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By paxx:
Anyone doing TRT using the pellet?

T-nation says injection is only way to go, but my lab says pellet is extremely effective and keeps you at optimum levels constantly - typically keep t levels 1,000-1,500.

What say you? I need to decide by Friday.
View Quote

Tnation is right.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks medicmandan.

So, clickbangbang, are you saying the primary advantage is the ability to make adjustments easily? Are there other benefits to injections vs. pellet?
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#42]
No one keeps their T levels at 1000-1500 on pellets

The only thing that's optimum is the providers bank account. Those fuckers are expensive compared to a $30 bottle of test and a $10 case of syringes.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#43]
No one keeps their T levels at 1000-1500 on pellets

The only thing that's optimum is the providers bank account. Those fuckers are expensive compared to a $30 bottle of test and a $10 case of syringes.
View Quote

This!!!!

It's a RACKET!

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Aside from cost, it's the unsteady T levels, and low T levels that are the common complaint with the pellets. They start out keeping your levels high and gradually decrease over 3 months or so. That's just the nature of an implanted pellet.  Not a steady release no matter what they say.

Also it's like have a minor surgery so there's the discomfort and risks that come with that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#45]
if you need T shots and you don't get them...I'm hating life right now. I've never wanted to kill every person I see before. This is the first time in my life I've ever considered eating one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#46]
if you need T shots and you don't get them...I'm hating life right now. I've never wanted to kill every person I see before. This is the first time in my life I've ever considered eating one.
View Quote

lol wut?  
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By dogsandhogs:

lol wut?  
View All Quotes

lol wut?  

Fuck off
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Fuck off
View All Quotes

lol wut?  

Fuck off

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#49]
I went over my latest labs today with my doc.

My Testosterone levels are good and he renewed my prescription for Injectable TC for another six months.

However, several of my other levels sucked. I need to change a few things in my diet and lose some lbs.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Yeah, no need for therapeutic donations with my Hct at 46, I'll just keep up my regular double red every 3 months.

However, should I need to, my doc said Gulf Coast Blood Center is very agreeable to therapeutic donations, he has some guys doing single donations as often as every 3-4 weeks. He said he just needed to prescribe it and the GCBC guys are good with it.

I will however have to evaluate why my BP was 140/78. My next best guess is lifestyle factors, I'm working 2 weeks on/2 weeks off on an offshore rig right now, working nights and then flipping back to days on my time off. It's a rough schedule.

I'd really been enjoying eating like a horse and  building muscle on TRT, but I think I need to lose a few pounds and get the rest of my health in check too.
Page / 396
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top