View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it a Felony DUI?

I was under the impressions every DUI is a felony

Class B misdemeanor in Texas.

State jail felony (even the first one) if someone 15 or under is in the car.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it a Felony DUI?

You thought  it was a felony and still contemplating selling it?

Are you an idiot or a troll?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:32:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it a Felony DUI?

LOL
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are you afraid he's going to drive the gun while drunk?
View Quote

Bro, have you ever seen how that can turn...

Oh... Wait.  

Yes. Yes you have.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it a Felony DUI?

He said he had a 22 in the car and the cops took it. Then he got it back after six months. Plus he has other firearms and has been trying to get his ccw back
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#6]
If he is clean then yes. Is he really clean?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Fucking threads like this.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Was it a Felony DUI?
View Quote

You can, and you may.

I would not, because I would not sell any firearm that I ever bought in the first place, and I would not trust anyone not to do something bad with it that would come back to bite me in the coming Brave New World.

But that is me.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
DUI Should be a capital offense
View Quote

I know right!!!   Fuck the guy that decided to have a third glass of wine, but his pasta sucked so he didn't finish it and ended up over the legal limit with a "dim license plate light".  

You know what else should be a Capitol offense?   Fucking stupidity and piss ignorant asshats that prefer to regulate the living pubic hair off of everything that SOMETIMES is a totally victimless crime and an honest mistake.  

Fucking fuck.

Eta: Fuck iPhones too
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He said he had a 22 in the car and the cops took it. Then he got it back after six months. Plus he has other firearms and has been trying to get his ccw back
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it a Felony DUI?

An idiot, not a troll. Thanks for letting us know.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I would first give a field sobriety test just to be sure.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If he is clean then yes. Is he really clean?
View Quote

Cops gave him a gun back they took out of the car in the dui arrest
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:42:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me and several other here have DUIs. You got the balls to execute us since you think they should be a capital offense?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#14]
If he's not making the request from behind bars, then I see nothing wrong with it
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#15]
+1 for transfer through FFL, it's the best way to know.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:46:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I know right!!!   Fuck the guy that decided to have a third glass of wine, but his pasta sucked so he didn't finish it and ended up over the legal limit with a "dim license plate light".  

You know what else should be a Capitol offense?   Fucking stupidity and piss ignorant asshats that prefer to regulate the living pubic hair off of everything that SOMETIMES is a totally victimless crime and an honest mistake.  

Fucking fuck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking fuck.

I lost my brother to a drunk driver many years ago. Last year I myself was hospitalized by a drunk driver and if my daughter were still in the back seat who I just dropped off at day care would have been dead no doubt.

Drunk drivers can get fucked. I drink its not hard to call a fucking cab or setup a Uber.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:46:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it a Felony DUI?

Nope
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Me and several other here have DUIs. You got the balls to execute us since you think they should be a capital offense?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coc prevents me from answering your question. I have zero sympathy for drunk drivers.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do you feel like trusting a deadly weapon to somebody who can't even show enough judgement not to get behind the wheel when they're fucking plastered?

Because if something goes wrong, that could come back to you in court in a civil suit.
View Quote

All of that salt air has fucked your brain.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it a Felony DUI?

My oilfield dui buddy buys nfa all the time
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I lost my brother to a drunk driver many years ago. Last year I myself was hospitalized by a drunk driver and if my daughter were still in the back seat who I just dropped off at day care would have been dead no doubt.

Drunk drivers can get fucked. I drink its not hard to call a fucking cab or setup a Uber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking fuck.

Do you see how easy it would be to substitute your anti alcohol rhetoric with anti gun shit?  

Sincerely, I am very sorry for your loss.  I just don't see how you condemn something like that and make it a Capitol offense.  

You would permantly condemn a man who had a shitty day at work, a fight with his wife, and then found out he was paying more in taxes than he thought, simply because he had 4 beers instead of 3 and his BAC was over an arbitrary number chosen by elected officials?  

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Fucking fuck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking fuck.

I don't know about all of that, but I was 12 years old when I watched my 10 year old cousin get ran over and killed by a drunk driver. We were playing in his front yard and his mom was on the front porch and saw the whole thing go down. You can stop with the "victimless crime" and "honest mistake" bullshit. The fact is all DUI fatalities are preventable if "piss ignorant asshats" would stay off the fucking road after drinking..
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:55:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
+1 for transfer through FFL, it's the best way to know.
View Quote

Anytime I think something is sketchy ^^^^^^ . Problem solved.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Was the crime he was convicted of punishable by more than one year of imprisonment?  If yes, then he is federally prohibited.  

Your state may also have further or more strict/specific regulations as well.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#26]
As long as it's not a felony should be legal,
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do you see how easy it would be to substitute your anti alcohol rhetoric with anti gun shit?  

Sincerely, I am very sorry for your loss.  I just don't see how you condemn something like that and make it a Capitol offense.  

You would permantly condemn a man who had a shitty day at work, a fight with his wife, and then found out he was paying more in taxes than he thought, simply because he had 4 beers instead of 3 and his BAC was over an arbitrary number chosen by elected officials?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking fuck.

I'm checking the box to be added to your mailing list.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:59:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't know about all of that, but I was 12 years old when I watched my 10 year old cousin get ran over and killed by a drunk driver. We were playing in his front yard and his mom was on the front porch and saw the whole thing go down. You can stop with the "victimless crime" and "honest mistake" bullshit. The fact is all DUI fatalities are preventable if "piss ignorant asshats" would stay off the fucking road after drinking..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking fuck.

There's a big difference between someone too drunk to stand up and someone who blows a .085.  You paint with a broad brush.  

Regardless, I'm sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:59:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Coc prevents me from answering your question. I have zero sympathy for drunk drivers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry for the loss and pain your family had to go thru, but making blanket statements like the one you did should be a capital offense and the coc prevents me from saying what I'd do to you if you ever even had the slightest thought of coming after me.

BTW, I'm willing to bet you've driven while above the legal limit, even if you won't admit it even to yourself.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Drive. The. Gun.

Whole new meaning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drive. The. Gun.

Whole new meaning.

Lulz
Quoted:
I guess we're lucky an IQ test isn't required to own a gun, other wise some of you would be fucked.

Quoted:

This thread delivers
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking fuck.

There is no antime alcohol rhetoric. You read what you wanted and disregarded the rest.

I myself Drink alcohol even with both of those accidents in my life. But when I drink I make damn sure I have a DD and if I don't a cab or Uber it literally at my fingertips.

You go on and keep trying to justifY wrecked behavior tho fuck personal responsibility amiright?

And no there is no connection to anti gun rhetoric. Just like drinking mere owning guns and using them legally if perfectly fine.

Committing a violent crime wit a gun should also be a capital offense. Too many pieces of shit running around this country and the attempted justification of their piss poor behavior just emboldens it and increase it.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Oh... Wait.  

Yes. Yes you have.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh... Wait.  

Yes. Yes you have.  

Must have, because I don't even remember what you're referring to.

Damn blackouts...
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:05:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm sorry for the loss and pain your family had to go thru, but making blanket statements like the one you did should be a capital offense and the coc prevents me from saying what I'd do to you if you ever even had the slightest thought of coming after me.

BTW, I'm willing to bet you've driven while above the legal limit, even if you won't admit it even to yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My brother was killed before I was 21. I have never driven even after a single drink. Period. So you are dead fucking wrong about your last assumption.

And sorry got the hijack OP if he's not a prohibited person go for it
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:05:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'll never sell another gun. I've sold too many guns that I bought cheap and watched the prices climb to the point where I'd never buy them again, but still wish I could have/shoot them.

Chinese SKS bought for $200 10 years ago
Old Savage 30-06 I wish I could do an Elk gun build on now
There are others, many others

I'd tell any coworker to go get one from a gun store
View Quote

I've sold plenty of guns, never regretted selling any, made money off of all of them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it a Felony DUI?

No
1st offense DUI (if no accident or injury) is a misdemeanor.

People with DUIs can own guns.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Coc prevents me from answering your question.
I have zero sympathy for drunk drivers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coc prevents me from answering your question.
I have zero sympathy for drunk drivers.

What a waste of time then.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:09:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

There's a big difference between someone too drunk to stand up and someone who blows a .085.  You paint with a broad brush.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking fuck.

I didn't paint shit, you assumed. The dude I quoted had his broad brush out, why don't you go tell him about it. "victimless crime" and honest mistake". LOL, whatever dude.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:10:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:10:34 PM EDT
[#39]
I got one 4 years ago....it was a traffic infraction.  So as long as the state doesn't make it a felony no its not
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Was the crime he was convicted of punishable by more than one year of imprisonment?  If yes, then he is federally prohibited.  

Your state may also have further or more strict/specific regulations as well.
View Quote

48 hours community service is what he got
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fucking fuck.

Do you have any sense of the level of impairment generally associated with a 0.085?

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:15:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If he passes NICS you'll know he's GTG.

Just don't be stupid and tell the FFL about the DUI.

Expect the buyer to be delayed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Transfer it through an FFL.

Why? I've had a DUI and I have never been delayed.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Do you have any sense of the level of impairment generally associated with a 0.085?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking fuck.

FWIW. 08 isn't an arbitrary number chosen by elected officials like he seems to think either. It's a number proven by both science and medical professionals as the level in which an average body type persons gross motor skills are affected negatively enough to do thinGS such as drive a 3,000 + pound automobile.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:17:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you retarded? There would be like 12 members of the military left alive.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:18:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Best thread of the day
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:21:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking fuck.

Diminished inhibitions ?

I'm way more likely to call a stupid fucking asshole a stupid fucking asshole, for sure.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:22:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Transfer it through an FFL.

Me neither.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

FWIW. 08 isn't an arbitrary number chosen by elected officials like he seems to think either. It's a number proven by both science and medical professionals as the level in which an average body type persons gross motor skills are affected negatively enough to do thinGS such as drive a 3,000 + pound automobile.
View Quote

My daily driver is about 5k lbs.  Does that mean I can safely drive it at .133..?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:28:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Check public records ,if he has a criminal record on there, fuck no I would not sell him a gun. Let him go to the gun store and make purchase
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:28:18 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry man but I can't agree with this.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top