User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 158
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Or hes really dead and they are just shooting flashback scenes

I think everyone is going to be disappointed. He said he was dead and would come back in some "capacity" meaning flashbacks.
View Quote

He's not dead, Jim.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I think everyone is going to be disappointed. He said he was dead and would come back in some "capacity" meaning flashbacks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

At no point in the past did he ever wear Stark armor, with Longclaw on his hip.

Not to mention that looks like Carice Von Houten under the umbrella. Would the Red Woman appear in a Jon pre-Wall flashback?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At no point in the past did he ever wear Stark armor, with Longclaw on his hip.

Not to mention that looks like Carice Von Houten under the umbrella. Would the Red Woman appear in a Jon pre-Wall flashback?

David and Dan reading his post:

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the whole key to Jon's future is that line: "Kill the boy and let the man be born".
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think the whole key to Jon's future is that line: "Kill the boy and let the man be born".
View Quote

It's pretty obvious, IMO.

Jon Snow, for all intents and purposes, has been killed.

Jon Targaryen (or Stark, for that matter), is going to rise.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the fire rises.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes, the fire rises. http://i.imgur.com/aZe1dFT.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the fire rises. http://i.imgur.com/aZe1dFT.gif

When King's Landing is..ashes. Then, you have my permission to die.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:59:13 AM EDT
[#9]
At least one of the Tower of Joy scenes was shot this week:

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:04:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I hope they don't fuck up Dawn. Shit better glow.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:18:47 AM EDT
[#11]

that's always been my interpretation...some kind of distracting hit that let ned finish him.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#13]

If the folks involved in that shitty fight scene in Dorne last season is involved in this I'm going to f'in lose it!  They better not F this up!
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sneaky ninja Cajuns for the win.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He's not dead, Jim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not dead, Jim.

Jon Snow is dead, but it doesn't mean "he" won't be back.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:10:09 PM EDT
[#16]
john "snow" is dead. john "...." will be a phoenix.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not dead, Jim.

There's some incredibly cute little Russian nerd chick with a YouTube channel who had something about this, showed a photo of Kit Harrington  talking with one of the directors, wearing Stark Armor, with an actress who looked suspiciously like the one who plays Melissandre off to the side....I'm assuming they're gonna red god his dead ass
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There's some incredibly cute little Russian nerd chick with a YouTube channel who had something about this, showed a photo of Kit Harrington  talking with one of the directors, wearing Stark Armor, with an actress who looked suspiciously like the one who plays Melissandre off to the side....I'm assuming they're gonna red god his dead ass
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1705373_Game_of_Thrones___Season_5__OFFICIAL_THREAD_.html&page=153#i55813801

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:34:45 AM EDT
[#19]
'Shame' costumes.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:36:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Riverrun:

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#22]

I don't remember anything in the books about blue walls.

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes

It's for the CGI
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
It's next to the parts where Sansa is raped and Stannis kills his own child.  

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:59:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:10:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:14:22 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm sure there will be plenty of source material for those memes if Dany's story arc is yet more Operation Ghis Freedom next season.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 2:27:14 AM EDT
[#28]
A character not seen since S3 will be returning in S6.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 2:37:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
A character not seen since S4 will be returning in S6.
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2015 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A character not seen since S4 will be returning in S6.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2015 1:34:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Another character not seen since season 3 will be back next season...

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 1:36:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

No matter what, I will always see that guy as Marcus Junius Brutus.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 1:48:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Me too.

Speaking of Rome: I'm glad GoT wasn't made 5 years earlier because with the way HBO wasted some of the best tv dramas of all time during the mid 2000's I wouldn't be surprised if they would have canceled GoT after two seasons.

Link Posted: 10/21/2015 1:52:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Me too.

Speaking of Rome: I'm glad GoT wasn't made 5 years earlier because with the way HBO wasted some of the best tv dramas of all time during the mid 2000's I wouldn't be surprised if they would have canceled GoT after two seasons.

View Quote

Still kinda miffed that we didn't get to see a third season focusing on Augustus's later years as Emperor and the conflict between Rome and the Germanic tribes, with Teutoberg Forest acting as the climax.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 2:02:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Still kinda miffed that we didn't get to see a third season focusing on Augustus's later years as Emperor and the conflict between Rome and the Germanic tribes, with Teutoberg Forest acting as the climax.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me too.

I am torn on the way Rome ended.
There is enough Roman history so that Titus and Lucius could of had more adventures for 5-7 seasons.

But I did like the way it ended with the death of Lucius and with Titus telling Caesarion "...about your father..."  
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 2:07:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Jon Snow comes back on the TV show to take the place of the Ice Queen character in the books...
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

If the show would have not been cancelled the plan was for S2 to end with the death of Brutus.  S3 and S4 were to about Egypt.  S5 was to be about rise of the messiah in Israel.

However they found out the show was to be cancelled about halfway through the second season.  Which is why so much material was crammed into 4 or 5 episodes. I guess we should be thankful that the cocksuckers at the very least gave them a heads up before they canceled it.

Link Posted: 10/21/2015 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Me too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Me too.

I'm glad Rome went the way it did, it taught HBO the lesson about fucking with good shows because of the budgets

Link Posted: 10/21/2015 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Jon Snow comes back on the TV show to take the place of the Ice Queen character in the books...
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2015 7:05:14 PM EDT
[#40]

I'm sure this has been posted by before, prolly by me, but here it is again. They better not fuck this up.

Link Posted: 10/21/2015 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Also, speaking of Rome, Augustus kinda reminded me of Joffrey. More intelligent and logical in his evilness, but they even looked a bit alike. Maybe I'm just a Mark Antony fan.

Before killing himself..... "anything to get rid of this fucking hangover". And "tell the people I died well, I died Roman."
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Also, speaking of Rome, Augustus kinda reminded me of Joffrey. More intelligent and logical in his evilness, but they even looked a bit alike. Maybe I'm just a Mark Antony fan.

Before killing himself..... "anything to get rid of this fucking hangover". And "tell the people I died well, I died Roman."
View Quote

I saw them as completely different characters.  Augustus was cold and calculating, but he never took any pleasure in the things he felt he had to do for the "good of the republic."  Also he had people that he cared for and loved.

Joffrey, on the other hand, didn't give a shit about anyone or anything. He just got off on tormenting people.

As far as Mark Antony quotes: my favorite was  "I am not rising from this bed until I've fucked someone."

Link Posted: 10/21/2015 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Another Rome connection...the guy playing Mance Raider was Caesar in Rome
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 7:33:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I saw them as completely different characters.  Augustus was cold and calculating, but he never took any pleasure in the things he felt he had to do for the "good of the republic."  Also he had people that he cared for and loved.

Joffrey, on the other hand, didn't give a shit about anyone or anything. He just got off on tormenting people.

As far as Mark Antony quotes: my favorite was  "I am not rising from this bed until I've fucked someone."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Augustus is more like a Tywin Lannister who actually knows how to smile, IMO.

Now, Caligula, you can compare that fucker to Joffrey or even Ramsay.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Another Rome connection...the guy playing Mance Raider was Caesar in Rome
View Quote

Also Indira Varma played Niobe on 'Rome' and Ellaria Sand on GoT.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, Tywin would have been a more accurate comparison, IMO.

It's kind of hard to saw who Mark Antony would be on GoT. Maybe Jaime 1.0, Oberyn, or Bronn.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 10:08:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I always liked him arguing with Augustus. Like when Augustus is making a list of Senators that need to be killed he goes "wow, aren't you a vicious little cunt....with a pen".

And then scolds him about doing nothing himself but living off Caesar's name. And Augustus goes "you're right it was nothing of note to defeat you in 'whatever' battle". Which sends Antony into a rage and he keeps screaming YOU STAYED IN YOUR TENT THE WHOLE BATTLE, and then looking around the room and screaming it to everyone else individually like they all didn't hear him the first time. "Hirta and Panza led the army, while he hid in his tent! That's why they're dead and he gets all the glory!"

Which was kind of a valid point. Augustus was incredibly lucky that the two other generals were killed. But you got to give him credit for being smart enough to know that he needed someone better at warfare than himself to take on Antony.

He showed a great mind for picking generals up until he let Varus take those 3 legions...which led to that whole chasing those German guys into the forest thing.  "Quinctilius Varus, give me back my Legions!"
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I always liked him arguing with Augustus. Like when Augustus is making a list of Senators that need to be killed he goes "wow, aren't you a vicious little cunt....with a pen".

And then scolds him about doing nothing himself but living off Caesar's name. And Augustus goes "you're right it was nothing of note to defeat you in 'whatever' battle". Which sends Antony into a rage and he keeps screaming YOU STAYED IN YOUR TENT THE WHOLE BATTLE, and then looking around the room and screaming it to everyone else individually like they all didn't hear him the first time. "Hirta and Panza led the army, while he hid in his tent! That's why they're dead and he gets all the glory!"

Which was kind of a valid point. Augustus was incredibly lucky that the two other generals were killed. But you got to give him credit for being smart enough to know that he needed someone better at warfare than himself to take on Antony.

He showed a great mind for picking generals up until he let Varus take those 3 legions...which led to that whole chasing those German guys into the forest thing.  "Quinctilius Varus, give me back my Legions!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Augustus was incredibly fortunate to have Aggripa, who was the genius behind most of his military victories, and later Germanicus, who pretty much reversed the embarrassing defeat in the Teutoberg Forest.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 10:17:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AND I'M STILL FUCKING YOUR MOTHER!

Link Posted: 10/21/2015 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 158
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top