Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:57:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There was no reason for us to give Iraq Stingers.  If we had a status of forces agreement in place we could have agreed to maintain a stockpile of Stingers on our facilities that we would share if the situation warranted it.  Barring a status of forces agreement, there was no reason to leave those weapon in Iraqi hands whatsoever.

Jeeze, who's making these decisions?

View Quote
Either idiots or enemies within.  

I tend to think the latter.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Why in the fuck did we give Stingers to those shitheels in the first place? We won't let our major metropolitan police forces have them yet we give them to those camel humpin, goat lovin, towel wearin asshats.

Really?

I probably wouldn't give a Stinger to the NYPD, LAPD, CPD or many others , but definitely not to those fucktards.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope those fucks start playing with the stingers and testing out the batteries.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
you may actually be onto something there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

More likely, these are the Stingers and MANPADS that Obama and Hillary shipped to them in Syria from Benghazi.   I've been waiting for them to show up.  The administration is grasping the story that ISIS got them from the Iraqis in a desperate attempt to keep the truth suppressed.

you may actually be onto something there.
Sounds very reasonable, and certainly something this admin is capable of cooking up to continue their CYA bullshit.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#5]
are they from the Iraqi army or are they the ones that Stevens was trying to get back? Will we ever know?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hope those fucks start playing with the stingers and testing out the batteries.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
More likely, these are the Stingers and MANPADS that Obama and Hillary shipped to them in Syria from Benghazi.   I've been waiting for them to show up.  The administration is grasping the story that ISIS got them from the Iraqis in a desperate attempt to keep the truth suppressed.
View Quote

Saved me some tin foil.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess Obama found a way to suppy the rebels after all.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm not too sure, but from what I've heard MANPADS can only really hit airplanes on takeoff or landing. They aren't going to hit them 30,000 feet up, but i'm not a MANPAD expert.
View Quote

They do have a ceiling but that is incorrect.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Didn't a UPS/FedEx plane get hit with a MANPAD in Iraq yrs ago?

I think they were able to make an emergency landing, iirc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will a Stinger missile take out a commercial passenger jet?  We're about to find out!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Didn't a UPS/FedEx plane get hit with a MANPAD in Iraq yrs ago?

I think they were able to make an emergency landing, iirc.

It was DHL.  Took out a chunk of wing but they landed ok.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Stingers do 3 things really well.

Shoot down jet liners on landing /takeoff.

Shoot down A-10's.

Shoot down Helo's.
View Quote

It's a small warhead.  An A-10 would actually have a better chance at surviving a hit than many other aircraft.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There was no reason for us to give Iraq Stingers.  If we had a status of forces agreement in place we could have agreed to maintain a stockpile of Stingers on our facilities that we would share if the situation warranted it.  Barring a status of forces agreement, there was no reason to leave those weapon in Iraqi hands whatsoever.

Jeeze, who's making these decisions?

View Quote

Team Obama, A.K.A Amateur Hour.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#13]
this would be great. also it would nice to know how many missiles were over there
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm not too sure, but from what I've heard MANPADS can only really hit airplanes on takeoff or landing. They aren't going to hit them 30,000 feet up, but i'm not a MANPAD expert.
View Quote

Stingers are designed to take out fighter/bomber jets. Short range but are fast as heck. I want to say 2ish mile range for some reason. Its been many years since I've been around any.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#15]
This sucks but it is not like they will not have access to many more Russian MANPADS and have already in Syria.  The whole Stinger thing is often overplayed.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This sucks but it is not like they will not have access to many more Russian MANPADS and have already in Syria.  The whole Stinger thing is often overplayed.
View Quote

You, uh, happen to have seen the CAS thread?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

More likely, these are the Stingers and MANPADS that Obama and Hillary shipped to them in Syria from Benghazi. I've been waiting for them to show up. The administration is grasping the story that ISIS got them from the Iraqis in a desperate attempt to keep the truth suppressed.
View Quote

+ Mother-Fricken 1
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Taliban didn't exist until the mid 90s
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Originally Postes By Fig:
The skeptic in me says this is hogwash and is propaganda to start to sway the steeple into ground forces going back to Iraq.

We gave stingers to The Taliban.  

Are you serious?

When they were the enemies of our enemies.

Taliban didn't exist until the mid 90s

Lybia, IIRC.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, but I use to operate Stingers. I am not saying they are not a threat, just that the threat is often over-hyped especially given the context.  I don't think we should be supplying them to Iraq either though, I would like to know what generation these were.  We should be giving them old SA-7s.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Why in the fuck did we give Stingers to those shitheels in the first place? We won't let our major metropolitan police forces have them yet we give them to those camel humpin, goat lovin, towel wearin asshats.

Really?

I probably wouldn't give a Stinger to the NYPD, LAPD, CPD or many others , but definitely not to those fucktards.

View Quote

Why in the blue fuck would any PD need Stingers?  "Major Metropolitan" or otherwise.

Now that said, I really disagree with handing 'em out to any but our closest and bestest allies...  Like original NATO + AUS.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck............

How long until ISIS captures some of the M1A1M Abrams we were retarded enough to give the Iraqis and sells them so Russia and Iran?
View Quote

Export models, same bullshit we sold to Egypt...
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#22]
They are not a pick up and use item, it takes a fair amount of knowledge on the weapons system to make it work. But, then again we trained Afghan's to use it. Shit, that's bad news once they cross the Mexican border.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Can you cite?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I get that, I totally do, but we never gave Stingers to the Taliban.

Libya. It was the biggest jewel of accomplishments in Hillary's crown with DeptofState.

Can you cite?

I was beat by an hour.

Google "us arms taliban in lybia"
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I believe that in 2012, one of our Stingers disabled one of our Chinooks, causing it to crash.  Searching....

Found this:

Miliary records and sources reveal that on July 25, 2012, Taliban fighters in Kunar province successfully targeted a US Army CH-47 helicopter with a new generation Stinger missile.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/08/how-the-taliban-got-their-hands-on-modern-us-missiles/

And, I believe, that in 2011 half of SEAL VI was taken out when what was believed to be a Stinger hit their chopper Extortion 17.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?

I've read some different things, but have our former Stingers verifiably ever caused us any lost aircraft?

Couldn't answer that.

I believe that in 2012, one of our Stingers disabled one of our Chinooks, causing it to crash.  Searching....

Found this:

Miliary records and sources reveal that on July 25, 2012, Taliban fighters in Kunar province successfully targeted a US Army CH-47 helicopter with a new generation Stinger missile.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/08/how-the-taliban-got-their-hands-on-modern-us-missiles/

And, I believe, that in 2011 half of SEAL VI was taken out when what was believed to be a Stinger hit their chopper Extortion 17.

I've never heard that; I thought it was a lucky shot with a RPG-7 or similar.

Do you have a cite?

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
are they from the Iraqi army or are they the ones that Stevens was trying to get back? Will we ever know?
View Quote

Most likely not.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#26]
If some of the things we are hearing about the organization of this force is to be believed, we can assume that these people posses the knowledge to move and shoot with stingers.  I hope it's BS, but events don't appear to be lining up that way in Iraq.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Why in the blue fuck would any PD need Stingers?  "Major Metropolitan" or otherwise.

Now that said, I really disagree with handing 'em out to any but our closest and bestest allies...  Like original NATO + AUS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

<never mind, thought you were responding to Citadel-SC's post>
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They are not a pick up and use item, it takes a fair amount of knowledge on the weapons system to make it work. But, then again we trained Afghan's to use it. Shit, that's bad news once they cross the Mexican border.
View Quote

Like THIS?!?!

or THIS!!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#29]
No worries, Obama will just threaten sanctions if they don't return our equipment
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
How long till they have Abrams?
View Quote

Soon I would guess.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:25:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I dunno man.  Women can be trained in less than a minute.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
U.S. officials with access to the latest U.S. intelligence on Iraq told Fox News it "appears likely/probable" that U.S.-made Stinger missiles have fallen into the hands of Sunni insurgents.

It is possible that the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) fighters acquired them from army bases they have taken over in recent days, the sources said.

ADVERTISEMENT
The Stinger missile is a shoulder-fired surface-to-air weapon that is used against aircraft.

As ISIS forces have advanced through Iraq, concerns have increased that more U.S.-made weaponry could fall into the hands of the radical group.

Iraqi intelligence officials said ISIS fighters managed to take control of two big weapons depots late last week holding some 400,000 items, including AK-47 rifles, rockets and rocket-propelled grenades, artillery shells and mortars. A quarter of the stockpiles were quickly sent to Syria in order to help the group's comrades there, they said.

Also last week, according to a report from the West Point Combating Terrorism Center, the ISIS "now possesses scores of Iraqi military equipment originally provided by the United States, from Humvees and cargo vehicles to small arms."
View Quote

ISIS captures US made Stingers
View Quote

I don't understand what the fuck is wrong with these people?

Why are they not destroying this equipment before it falls into their enemy's hands??

They just let them take over intact/fully stocked supply depots?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Why are they not destroying this equipment before it falls into their enemy's hands??

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
U.S. officials with access to the latest U.S. intelligence on Iraq told Fox News it "appears likely/probable" that U.S.-made Stinger missiles have fallen into the hands of Sunni insurgents.

It is possible that the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) fighters acquired them from army bases they have taken over in recent days, the sources said.

ADVERTISEMENT
The Stinger missile is a shoulder-fired surface-to-air weapon that is used against aircraft.

As ISIS forces have advanced through Iraq, concerns have increased that more U.S.-made weaponry could fall into the hands of the radical group.

Iraqi intelligence officials said ISIS fighters managed to take control of two big weapons depots late last week holding some 400,000 items, including AK-47 rifles, rockets and rocket-propelled grenades, artillery shells and mortars. A quarter of the stockpiles were quickly sent to Syria in order to help the group's comrades there, they said.

Also last week, according to a report from the West Point Combating Terrorism Center, the ISIS "now possesses scores of Iraqi military equipment originally provided by the United States, from Humvees and cargo vehicles to small arms."

High ranking defections perhaps?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

How long until ISIS captures some of the M1A1M Abrams we were retarded enough to give the Iraqis and sells them so Russia and Iran?
View Quote

guarantee it's already happened
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Well what's the big deal? "What difference does it make?"
Where do you think the ones our government -- Hillery, Obama----were running out of Bengasi went? To good guys?
If so I have a bridge or 2 to sell you.
This administration is so corrupt, it sucks!
They never met a radical Muslim group they couldn't support!
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:49:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The skeptic in me says this is hogwash and is propaganda to start to sway the steeple into ground forces going back to Iraq.

Are you serious?

We gave them to the mujahideen in the 1980s. The Taliban was not formed until about 1994, and it was formed as a response to the infighting between former mujahideen factions. So, no, as far as we've been told we did not give them to the Taliban.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Didn't O'sama sacrifice an Ambassador to hide the fact he was giving stingers to Syrian rebels?

EDIT: I see LibertyShip already brought this up.

FBHO
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Does anybody know if BAE Systems pays dividends on their stock?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Their new HQ for ISIS will be the US embassy which we made sure to build strong as hell to withstand bombs.

http://rasica.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/6-us-embassy-baghdad.jpg

View Quote

even bunker busters ?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:19:47 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The ISIS selling gear to the IrAnians?  That's very interesting...

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what I believe.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:51:33 PM EDT
[#42]
You fucks are slipping....

It was Bush's fault
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
How long do the batteries last?
View Quote

Probably uses thermal batteries, so like 10-15 years on the shelf.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Can you cite?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Libya. It was the biggest jewel of accomplishments in Hillary's crown with DeptofState.

Can you cite?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3023516/posts

For what it's worth.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You cannot just pick up a stinger and fire it at an airplane and expect to hit it, certain steps must be followed to acquire a "lock". also there are 3 batteries with each missile
View Quote

And we will provide the training for them as part of the cease-fire agreement -----sarcasm filter off
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ADVERTISEMENT

That's some serious bartering shit. when you live in a 3rd world shit hole, an opportunity is an opportunity.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I don't believe we armed the Iraqis with Stinger.
View Quote

I'm going to 100% speculate and say that this is just a convenient way to explain away the MANPADS in Libya.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Via Benghazi.

So, Obama sends in our manned aircraft and they fly against our own anti-aircraft technology.  

Sounds like Obama has things right where he wants them.  No wonder he took a break to play a well deserved rounds of golf.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess these are the ones to go with the ones we gave them in Syria.

Via Benghazi.

So, Obama sends in our manned aircraft and they fly against our own anti-aircraft technology.  

Sounds like Obama has things right where he wants them.  No wonder he took a break to play a well deserved rounds of golf.

If we gave them MANPADs in Benghazi they were Strelas.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you serious?

I was talking about the groups that later became the Taliban.   The Afghanastain mujihaidien (Sp?).
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:28:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess these are the ones to go with the ones we gave them in Syria.

Via Benghazi.

Dept of State supposedly ok'd the French delivering them to Al Qaeda during the Libyan Arab Spring according to the Free Republic link above. Don't know what the liberated stocks of SAMs were in Qaddafi's arsenal....
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top