Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 27
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Meh, I thought it was weak.  I think I have better ways to waste my time.

Call me when the poon isn't underage.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I enjoyed the show.  Sure there was some bullshit, but nothing else was on TV

The show reminded me of one of those really bad local TV commercials where they act out a little skit.

everything in the whole show was transparently scripted because it was so corny and the people acted it out so badly

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#3]
In to see the dumb replies GD always has to offer.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Somewhere in All over CO there is a high school teenager giving his best friend a high five and saying "HE'LL YEAH I HIT THAT"

Fixed it for ya.

So, she's friendly...

If she wasn't, people would be complaining about that.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 10:44:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im reading on a Colorado gun forum that the owner charged a woman for a gun before running a ncis check. When she didn't pass, he refused to refund her and offered to put the gun on consignment and keeping 20%.

I'm no lawyer- but that sounds illegal. If not, then HIGHLY unethical. How can he accept funds if he doesn't have a background check completed? Isn't that in itself a violation of law?

OK, so in order for that scheme to work, he has to transfer ownership of a firearm to a disqualified person in the first place (otherwise they wouldn't be *selling* it back to him on consignment).  I'm sure that BATFE would not be amused by his shenanigans.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have no idea when her birthday is...
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
missed it

no, you didn't miss a thing...
the guy comes off as a shyster, and not a very good one, at that.
He starts off trying to buy 6 vintage winchesters ( one being an engraved 1873 worth a ton of money) from an old rancher who owns a bunch of old guns and knows their value. Shyster tries to buy everything for $10K.
then he offers a guy $2K for an 1873 colt SAA with historical provenance. The gun owner holds out and shyster ends up paying $22K for it; like that doesn't demonstrate that he was trying to bone the guy financially.

oh, and he flies to the ranch in a helicopter, so you know that he's a big-time operator.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The owner is a POS. He has shitty ethics, convicted criminal and shouldn't be allowed
to portray gun owners from any state let alone from mine.

Im working on links to how this guy is a douche.

Using "convicted criminal" could give the wrong impression.

He was held in contempt of court in his divorce for failing to turn over items to his ex.  He served 30 or 60 days on the contempt charge.  Some people might view that differently than they do someone who was convicted by a jury of selling crack on the corner.  But then again some won't.  So I prefer to be a little more specific so everyone can make up their own minds about how that reflects on him.  Given the child support and alimony threads, I'm guessing many on arfcom won't hold that against him.

From everything I have read about him, he seems to be a first class ass who engages in some crappy business practices.  It doesn't make him Hitler, but at the same time it makes me want to boycott his show because I don't like my viewing participation to cause Discovery and show sponsors to enrich him.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What kind of father lets their teenage daughter dress like that? Especially considering it is on national television. Hoe it up some more sweetheart daddy needs good ratings!

"Reality" TV has made our Country more stupider.

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I like how he pulled that .50 McMillen out of his ass.

Over produced show

No, it was a custom gun that had some McMillen parts.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
missed it

He starts off trying to buy 6 vintage winchesters ( one being an engraved 1873 worth a ton of money) from an old rancher who owns a bunch of old guns and knows their value. Shyster tries to buy everything for $10K.
then he offers a guy $2K for an 1873 colt SAA with historical provenance.
The gun owner holds out and shyster ends up paying $22K for it; like that doesn't demonstrate that he was trying to bone the guy financially.

oh, and he flies to the ranch in a helicopter, so you know that he's a big-time operator.

OH NOOSSS, CAPITALISM!!!!

remember, a fair market price is the price that a buyer and seller agree on, not a third party (you)
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
missed it

The gun owner holds out and shyster ends up paying $22K for it; like that doesn't demonstrate that he was trying to bone the guy financially.

remember, a fair market price is the price that a buyer and seller agree on, not a third party (you)

The point being he tried to low-ball a guy on a historical Colt that he knew was valuable.

Throwing out that 5k offer after provenance and then whining that the seller was taking a page out of "his play book" tells me the man is someone I wouldn't want to deal with.

Nothing wrong with that but it shows what an asshole he is.

He sucks and the show sucks, no wonder so many folks that know him don't like him.

YMMV..lol.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What kind of father lets their teenage daughter dress like that? Especially considering it is on national television. Hoe it up some more sweetheart daddy needs good ratings!

"Reality" TV has made our Country more stupider.

It was intentional.  Kinda like sarcasm, ya know?

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#15]
One look at mom and it's obvious where the parental direction is coming from. Big ho make little ho.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

One look at mom and it's obvious where the parental direction is coming from. Big ho make little ho.

she's the stepmom...

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
missed it

The point being he tried to low-ball a guy on a historical Colt that he knew was valuable.

Throwing out that 5k offer after provenance and then whining that the seller was taking a page out of "his play book" tells me the man is someone I wouldn't want to deal with.

He sucks and the show sucks, no wonder so many folks that know him don't like him.

YMMV..lol.

There was a gun dealer somewhere or other who was notorious for going to the widows of guys he had known after they died and trying to get any decent guns they had, like collectible Lugers, for a song. Sometimes capitalism can get your ass kicked out behind the VFW  

Indeed, reminds me of the guy in Florida that bought all of the old Winchester pre-64 M12 parts that were in inventory.

Amazingly after a while he was selling hi grade M-12s passed off as originals after a while. i knew the guy down in W. Va. that was engraving some of them, he could pull off an engraving indistinguishable from the original nick and John Kusmit brothers. he also restocked a lot of those shotguns with the proper checkering patterns.

What goes around comes around.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Male owner: Control freak.

Wife: Wears the pants in the family.

Son: Has a fag haircut.

Daughter: I have nothing to say.

Poorly scripted, and like our other favorite show, they treat their gunsmiths like shit.  For mindless TV, or background noise it's gtg.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#20]
The daughter looked like she had no clue how to even hold a gun in the 2 scenes. I love how the first scene they shoot at targets that look to be 10 yards away and her 2 shots that hit the paper are about 20" high and 20" apart Then her dad grabbing the AR right after she shoots, I know it could be edited but that's terrable gun saftey.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I caught a little of it last night.  Dad looks like an asshole that I would never do business with.  Their machinist was made to look like a clueless idiot.  I won't be watching any more of it.  I'd rather watch Oprah.  And I can't stand Oprah.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How can a show with 2 very pretty women fail?

Well , they sure are trying
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

she's the stepmom...

I think the show says the son is their son...and he's older. By omission it seems to indicate that Paige is not hers.  

Maybe the son is just hers and I just misheard or inferred that he is Rick's son as well. Maybe Rick adopted him after they married?

Who knows.

What we do know is that Rick has no problem with his wife and daughter sexing it up a bit for ratings.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I caught a little of it last night.  Dad looks like an asshole that I would never do business with.  Their machinist was made to look like a clueless idiot.  I won't be watching any more of it.  I'd rather watch Oprah.  And I can't stand Oprah.

Did Rick say that each of those cylinders was costing him $500 a piece?

How can that be?
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Somewhere in CO there is a high school teenager giving his best friend a high five and saying "HE'LL YEAH I HIT THAT"

And guaranteed , somewhere , there's a guy ( or twelve) that's sick of her shit
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Its television who gives a fuck, if they made the show how GD wanted it nobody would watch it. Just be glad they have prime time shows about guns and gun shop owners, you would have never seen this 10 years ago. I know why don't they make a show about chair borne ranger dweebs living in their mom's basement posting on AR15.com bitching about gun themed reality shows...
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Mother/daughter implants?

The mother, definitely!
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Its television who gives a fuck, if they made the show how GD wanted it nobody would watch it. Just be glad they have prime time shows about guns and gun shop owners, you would have never seen this 10 years ago. I know why don't they make a show about chair borne ranger dweebs living in their mom's basement posting on AR15.com bitching about gun themed reality shows...

the show is unwatchable

the family comes off as assholes

the guy has a history of acting lke an asshole

what do want?  you want people to pretend to like it?

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

she's the stepmom...

Good point; I hadn't made the connection.

So, then... there'd be nothing untoward about the two of them making out.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
missed it

YMMV..lol.

The whole thing was fake.

besides, the typical notarized letter with a bullshit family gun story is not historical provenance of any kind.

for a serious gun collector that letter doesnt add a single cent of value to the gun

Sometimes people have stuff like mail order P38s made in france after WWII and they are absolutely 100% certain that the gun was "taken from a german officer" by their granddad.  So what is their word worth?

suppose that I said i had a Colt that belonged to Abe Lincoln.  And i provided a letter that says, "I got this gun from my grandfather, whose grandfather was a friend of Abe Lincoln. Abe gave it to him."

you going to give me $150,000 for the gun?

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no idea when her birthday is...

Ooh, related:
http://www.worstoftheweb.com/classic/081701.html

I'd forgotten about this...
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Meh. It's still just a TV show.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I bet moms boobs look like a walleye fish eyes! you can park a truck between those silicone bags!

jailbait is smoking hot but i doubt she knows much about guns. she just wanted to be on tv

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I bet moms boobs look like a walleye fish eyes! you can park a truck between those silicone bags!

jailbait is smoking hot but i doubt she knows much about guns. she just wanted to be on tv

I'm game....  I'll watch it and S.O.G.....  I don't care.... beats the other crap on TV....  Just glad that the "mainstream" 50% that don't lean hard left or right have some "anti-evil" gun shows to watch... even if they are "scripted"...  It may be a plus for gun owners in the long run.  The middle doesn't give a crap about top shot or the Military Channel...  This could actually help....  Thank you Paige....

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And the apologists have arrived
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the apologists have arrived

I guess so....  I see his point....  See my post above yours....

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Just watched it again.  When the bike exploded at the end, you can clearly see a wire running to it that I assume detonated the explosive after jailbait missed.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#38]
So Jailbait got the Colt because she "won" the sales competition.....by sell "over $14,000 worth of inventory."
The son claims to have sold ~$6,000 worth. and he describes some of the guns he sold.

So just those two sold more than $20,000 worth of sales?  did this not seem to add up for anyone else...

I worked at a gun store for a while.  Granted, we weren't the biggest game on the block, but we had a loyal following.  I think our best gun show (2 day event) brought in about $18,000 between the 5 salesman we had working.

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#39]
LEAVE LINK COLD
http://gawker.com/5848774/gun-shop-reality-show-is-a-perfect-storm-of-redneck

Even catching some huge hate from the bloggers
BTW LOOK AT HER NECK !!!!

and that amazing push up bra

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#40]
I watched it and have a few observations.

#1 - As a father, there's NO CHANCE IN HELL that I'd ever let my daughter wear that crap.  Did you see the "intro"?  Considering momma, I'm guessing Step-Daughter. (not checked any facts at all) - dont care, but that was my impression.

#2 - Momma is as fake as a 3 dollar bill and tried to hard to create relevance for a TV show

#3 - Every single part of the show seemed scripted to create some sort of "Watch Me" moment.  They simply tried too hard to make it cool for TV.  

#4 - Definitely seemed like a pawn stars version with just guns. (although, he did find a way to close a deal by flipping a coin, which was intriguing to me as a sales professional.)  He found something with minimal value, but mostly played on the other person's affinity to take a gamble.  

#5 - building a gun from a block of metal was cool, and I hope they tailor the future episodes to that aspect.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 10:51:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Not very impressed. Wife bitching at her husband about how much money he spent on guns and "its not even Friday!" yet in one afternoon the 2 kids make $20k in sales... WTF? Dont know how these people became relevant... Daughter isn't hot either. Fix her lazy eyes and we'll talk.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 4:08:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Great management style, hey kids - you can do no wrong.  Hey, you non-family employees - you may do the hard shit - but you fuckup everything unless I insult you like some piece of shit.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 4:28:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Yes, I have heard of this guy long before his show.

I would not trust him to touch my BB gun.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 4:29:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
missed it

YMMV..lol.

There was a gun dealer somewhere or other who was notorious for going to the widows of guys he had known after they died and trying to get any decent guns they had, like collectible Lugers, for a song. Sometimes capitalism can get your ass kicked out behind the VFW  

I knew of a guy like that........he is dead now.

I got to a deceased friend's widow in time to keep her from letting that scumbag touch her guns.

I sold them for her.  She probably made 500 guzillion percent more on the old Colts than dead scumbag would have given her.

(ETA:  Rumors from other people indicated he stated he'd give her $200 apiece for the two Colt 1st generation revolvers she had that were built prior to 1895.  I got a guy to buy them both for $4,200 total.  Still a great deal for the buyer [they were in very good shape] but alot better than $400. )
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 5:25:04 AM EDT
[#45]
I am a local who watched it last night. Probably took him longer to drive to the airport and take the helicopter to the ranch than it would have taken to just drive there.

And I can't decide who wrote the script, American Pickers or Pawn Star staff.

I will probably watch a few more shows but just to see how many times they screw up the geography.

BTW, only visited his store a couple times but wasn't impressed with selection and thought what he did have was overpriced.

Retired law enforcement? I think he was forced to resign instead.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 5:51:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Holy Crap, it's Gunsmoke...

Wow, around Colorado, that guy is known by gun people as the worst store in Colorado.  Also, he employs fiends from Dante's Inferno to work on guns.  I saw some of the work his chimps did.... scope holes that would not line up, a slide buggered so badly that the gun was useless..  And what was his response?  a Big FU.  

Seriously, Rich gives gun store owners a bad name.  Heck, he would give cannibals a bad name.

And after what he did to his first wife, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

I won't be watching his show.  He is a self aggrandizing moron who will rape a customer at the drop of a hat.

Oh, and a friend of mine, who is relatively famous here in CO, told me that Rich likes to slide up to celebrities and have his picture taken with them to post in his store.  He is the slimiest Huckster this side of Obama.  He said that the Pic of him and said celebrity is no way an endorsement of Rich and his merry band of morons.

I haven't been in his store since he moved from Wadsworth.  I never bought a single thing from him and I make sure that everyone I know will not deal with him.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 6:46:13 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I'd say subconsciously forcing people to watch.  Tits are like flies to a turd.

Link Posted: 10/12/2011 6:51:20 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Just the way I like em.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2011 6:54:36 AM EDT
[#49]
It's funny that when you google Rich Wyatt Gunsmoke the first site listed is Ripoffreport.com.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 6:56:22 AM EDT
[#50]
That woman has the ugliest breast implants I have ever seen  <––––––- they actually resemble the eyes on this smiley.. the teeanage daughter has fake tits also...  Looks like gun owners are gonna be portrayed as a bunch of tacky trash with money on this show based on the appearance of the females.  I'll stick to sons of guns, I dont give a shit what anyone on here says, I like that show
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top