Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#1]
SB175 has passed, so unless Gov. Sandoval vetoes it we will have:

-no more blue cards
-Civil protection
-Castle law for your car
-Reciprocity
-Preemption

This should also make it legal to carry in all City, County, NLV, and Henderson parks. I know CCW is legal in city parks, and open carry is legal in Henderson parks. This should make both legal in all parks, since state parks allow both.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is an effort to help derail the Bloom-turd "Universal background check initiative".
Less justification for making such mandatory if anyone who wants a check before selling their firearm can have it for "Free".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

from what i am seeing it only eliminates the fee from private transfers. will probably still have to pay at an ffl

Since when has their been a private transfer fee? It's been years since I sold a handgun, does Metro now charge the buyer a back ground check fee to get a blue card? I've never paid or even heard of fee's for private rifle/handgun sales...

This is an effort to help derail the Bloom-turd "Universal background check initiative".
Less justification for making such mandatory if anyone who wants a check before selling their firearm can have it for "Free".

Thanks, makes sense now.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#3]
So the NVFAC has the gall to applaud Roberson in their latest alert. What a joke. Why'd you leave that part out of the update you just posted, RichardSIA?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
SB240 has passed.

This is the FREE BG check bill.

It will also eliminate blue cards.
View Quote

The free background checks also eliminate a talking point AGAINST the universal background checks initiative. I guess since that's inevitable we may as well celebrate the small victories.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So the NVFAC has the gall to applaud Roberson in their latest alert. What a joke. Why'd you leave that part out of the update you just posted, RichardSIA?
View Quote

NVFAC said: "The Nevada Firearms Coalition applauds the leadership of Senator Michael Roberson, Senator James Settelmeyer, Assemblyman Ira Hansen and Assemblyman Jim Wheeler for supporting these reforms. Senate Bill 175 has been our top priority, and this is a major victory for Nevada gun owners. "

SB175 was a good bill, and it was Robersons... I know Turner was happy to get this bill passed. It was a huge one and I am very happy it has passed.

I'll say it too, kudos to Roberson for getting this bill passed. Now, time to pay for your treachery on AB148 and SB175 R2!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The only thing I "Left out" was the NVFAC header and footer from their email, I cut and pasted the text verbatim.

Did you not notice this?
Another topic of great concern is Campus Carry. TODAY Assembly Bill 487 was introduced as an emergency measure to give us one more opportunity to pass Campus Carry. This bill is exempt from deadlines, so expect an alert from us next week when the hearing is scheduled.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nevada-legislature/bill-calling-annual-nevada-legislative-session-clears-key-senate-panel

Ugh... Hell no!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nevada-legislature/bill-calling-annual-nevada-legislative-session-clears-key-senate-panel

Ugh... Hell no!
View Quote

FUCK NO!

If this passes (and with all the bleeding heart Liberal Kommiefornian invaders we have here now) and put to the voters in '16 it will become a reality.

SO, we will go from a citizen Legislature to career politicians.

Can these Liberals and RINO's FUCK this state up any more?

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Update just in!

Final Days Update and Call To Action

We have great news! Senate Bill 175 was approved today by the Nevada Assembly and will be going to Governor Sandoval for his signature! Senate Bill 175 is a great, comprehensive bill for Nevada gun owners and has reforms including:

Elimination of Blue Cards (Clark County handgun registration)
Establishment of statewide preemption for Nevada gun laws
Enacts the Castle Doctrine to provide protections for civil liabilities for self-defense in your home or vehicle
Expanded CCW reciprocity...
View Quote

Good.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:18:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

from what i am seeing it only eliminates the fee from private transfers. will probably still have to pay at an ffl

Since when has their been a private transfer fee? It's been years since I sold a handgun, does Metro now charge the buyer a back ground check fee to get a blue card? I've never paid or even heard of fee's for private rifle/handgun sales...

"If you can do it for free why not just make it mandatory?  People are already doing background checks so it won't cost them anymore plus background checks are good to prevent criminals from getting guns."

This will be the slippery slope people go down.  Outside of Clark county, and even if you're not a resident of Clark, no one has to do a background check or anything.  The only place I see a background check being free would be DPS.  Since the language says if you conduct a background check you're clear from anything that happens to the gun after it I see people gravitating to it.  Once people gravitate to it and the State has the information for the "increased number of background checks conducted since _____" I can see legislature making a bill to mandate them.  Free mandatory background checks for all!  While we are at it, and since you're already doing a background check, we should just add a data base that keeps track of who is doing the background check and the serial number of a gun.  The information is already there so it isn't much besides setting up a server to the network.  It's so easy.  As a matter of fact we should just bring BACK the blue card system but implement it State wide and give it a different name.  Now every gun in the State has to be registered within a time period or it's illegal.  10 years is all it will take.

I REALLY hope this bill doesn't pass as you can tell.  I don't even do a bill of sale.  Criminals will get guns and law abiding citizens will break laws and become criminals and go to jail if they kill someone with a gun.  More laws and more background checks doesn't change that.  It doesn't help derail it it just puts us one step closer.  Collect data on the number of background checks Nevadans conduct, send it to a Democrat on a re-election tour and reach out to some bleeding hearts who own guns but want to make sure gun sales don't go to bad people.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:17:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Do you remember the Cluster-fluck that was SB221 of 2013?

Involuntary servitude as FFL's would be compelled to do the BC's even if they lose money on it?
Background check info cannot be retained under current law unless the applicant FAILS.
I recall that as being Fed. as well as state.
So turning the voluntary BC into a registration scheme would not be so easy except for those who fail.

I know it's a PITA, but you need to look at this in context with what SB221 (2013) tried to do, the Bloom-turd BS,and existing prohibitions.
I agree it all sucks, but this is actually a good bill as it removes the claimed motivation for the Bloom-turd "Initiative".
Killing the blue card makes it much harder to implement registration into the rest of the sate.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:26:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The only thing I "Left out" was the NVFAC header and footer from their email, I cut and pasted the text verbatim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Interesting, because the text of the email alert I received is verbatim what RMTactical posted above. Perhaps they're sending you edited versions.

Did you not notice this?
Another topic of great concern is Campus Carry. TODAY Assembly Bill 487 was introduced as an emergency measure to give us one more opportunity to pass Campus Carry. This bill is exempt from deadlines, so expect an alert from us next week when the hearing is scheduled.

Yeah, and I'm not seeing any reason for Sen. Roberson (R-INO) to treat it any different than the rest of the Assembly bills that he purposely blocked from a vote. Weren't we only a few years ago complaining about the Democrats going this?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:38:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Background check info cannot be retained under current law unless the applicant FAILS.
I recall that as being Fed. as well as state.
So turning the voluntary BC into a registration scheme would not be so easy except for those who fail.
View Quote

Mandatory background checks are toothless without a chain-of-custody for every firearm in the state. Without one, there is no way to prove if a private sale was done with a background check or who actually owns a firearm after it's initial sale. It's pretty obvious that Step 1 is getting the requirement in place in individual states (a highly successful tactic so far). Once enough states require it, I guarantee we'll start hearing about how the background checks aren't stopping crime like they claimed they would and that's when the push for registration (or recording ALL background checks) in all of those states will begin. Hello initiative process!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:19:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Kevin Wahl had Michelle Fiore on his show today, she was pissed off and going off on just about everyone.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:38:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I must be missing something here.
I double checked my post against the original email, I did no editing.
If it's NVFAC thanking Roberson for SB175 that's upset you that text is included in my earlier post.
Do you really expect NVFAC to attack the sponsor of the omnibus bill they are so happy to see passed?

So far we only got 4 out of 5, actually a pretty good result.
Yes I want campus carry, I will probably never attend any university at my age but like the added freedom for all.
We have one more shot at Campus Carry.
And now that it's a stand alone bill a massive turn out from our side may just get it a vote.

Not that it will matter much if the legislature goes to annual sessions and reactionary legislation to undue all of our hard work.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:24:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Face it.

We are Kommiefornia EAST.

We are vast becoming the Liberal FUCKING Mecca of the country with slot machines and red carpets walked on by Douchebags.

Between the BLM, Happy Harry, the EPA, and every other Alphabet FUCKING agency that sticks their noses in our business and way of life here, we are no longer the Nevada I knew 40 years ago.

Fuck these traitors.

Grrr.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:05:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Face it.

We are Kommiefornia EAST.

We are vast becoming the Liberal FUCKING Mecca of the country with slot machines and red carpets walked on by Douchebags.

Between the BLM, Happy Harry, the EPA, and every other Alphabet FUCKING agency that sticks their noses in our business and way of life here, we are no longer the Nevada I knew 40 years ago.

Fuck these traitors.

Grrr.

View Quote

Sadly very true... in the 30 years I've been here each year it got a little worse then started fast tracking about 10-15 years ago
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Chuck Muth has a 3-part report on the Campus Carry fiasco this weekend.  It went out by email and is slowly getting posted on his website on this Holiday weekend.  Part 1 is out now:

http://nevadanewsandviews.com/who-shot-campus-carry-a-muths-truths-investigation-part-i/

According to Muth, Fiore is pissed at my representative Jim Wheeler.  Wheeler looks really bad in this (detailed in Part 3).  It is reported that he got blasted so bad for voting against Campus Carry in SB175 that AB487 was just a bail out move.  Chuck Muth has talked to both of them separately and he has a teleconference call tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM to get them face-to-face as it were.  If you are interested in how screwed up our legislative process is, you need to read Chuck's reporting.  It is long and it is confusing, but it is very informative.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Chuck Muth has a 3-part report on the Campus Carry fiasco this weekend.  It went out by email and is slowly getting posted on his website on this Holiday weekend.  Part 1 is out now:

http://nevadanewsandviews.com/who-shot-campus-carry-a-muths-truths-investigation-part-i/

According to Muth, Fiore is pissed at my representative Jim Wheeler.  Wheeler looks really bad in this (detailed in Part 3).  It is reported that he got blasted so bad for voting against Campus Carry in SB175 that AB487 was just a bail out move.  Chuck Muth has talked to both of them separately and he has a teleconference call tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM to get them face-to-face as it were.  If you are interested in how screwed up our legislative process is, you need to read Chuck's reporting.  It is long and it is confusing, but it is very informative.
View Quote

I don't agree with everything Muth is saying.

For one, NOT all the language from 175 was amended to 240, so that is not true.

It only covered blue cards and pre-emption. It did NOT cover Castle Doctrine to be extended to cars, civil protection for self defense, reciprocity, or destruction of records.

Secondly, I think Wheeler and co were just doing what they could to get SB175 passed, and I am fine with that. I want Campus Carry as much as anyone. If there is gonna be someone to blame for the failure of Campus Carry in this session the blame should lie squarely on the Senate, Brower and Roberson in particular.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Fiore has been the dragon slayer in all of this and she has kept all of her 2nd Amendment promises to us.

Unfortunately, her fellow Knights retreated, stabbed her in the back and abandoned her to fight the beast on her own.

I wish she were my representative.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:38:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Word is that nobody likes her (Fiore) there. Maybe because she is too much of a straight shooter, but the Senate supposedly really hates her. Rumor is that Brower and Roberson have some childish dislike for her and that is why they wont even call a vote on one of her bills. Pathetic that childish grudges are messing with real lives and freedoms...
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:28:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Word is that nobody likes her (Fiore) there. Maybe because she is too much of a straight shooter, but the Senate supposedly really hates her. Rumor is that Brower and Roberson have some childish dislike for her and that is why they wont even call a vote on one of her bills. Pathetic that childish grudges are messing with real lives and freedoms...
View Quote

Isn't that just like RINO's?

Hating a woman that keeps her word and supports and defends the Constitution.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:42:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The more I read about and see her, the more I like her. No BS, agree with her or don't. She will have my support as long as she isn't infected with the RINO virus.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Hearing scheduled for new Campus Carry (AB487) on Tuesday at 8:00am. Can anyone attend?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hearing scheduled for new Campus Carry (AB487) on Tuesday at 8:00am. Can anyone attend?
View Quote

I am going to try to be there.
Probably have to get there early.
Expect out of state anti's and "Students" skipping class to be bussed in to plant Bloom-turd astroturf.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:45:09 PM EDT
[#26]
School is out now isn't it?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:52:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Janine Hansen's alert.
------------------------------
Please give a hearing to: AB316 Firearms Transfer Tax
Without this bill Nevadans will lose the right to order Firearms Online.
This is an important Second Amendment Bill.
The Assembly Ways and Means Chairman has failed to give AB316 a hearing.

MESSAGE to Assemblyman Paul Anderson:
Please give a hearing to AB316 the firearms transfer tax.
This bill
will put an end to the opportunity of Nevadans to order firearms onlineThis is acritical pro-Second Amendment bill. . This bill stops the Dept. of Taxation from taxing Gun Shops which simply provide the service of transferring a firearm ordered from an online retailer to a gun purchaser in Nevada. The Nevada gun dealers who facilitate the firearm transfer make no money on the transfer. They are now being charged taxes on a gun deals they did not make and make no money on. Dealers will soon refuse to facilitate the transfer of firearms and so Nevadans will not be able to order firearms online. This situation is horrendous and must be changed. Please hold a hearing on AB316. (Or write your own message).

Assemblyman Paul Anderson: 775-684-8835 [email protected]

Message to other Committee Republicans:Please ask Chairman Anderson to give a hearing to AB316 the firearms transfer tax. This bill will put an end to the opportunity of Nevadans to order firearms online. This bill stops the Dept. of Taxation from taxing Gun Shops which simply provide the service of transferring a firearm ordered from an online retailer to a gun purchaser in Nevada. The Nevada gun dealers who facilitate the firearm transfer make no money on the transfer. They are now being charged taxes on a gun deals they did not make and make no money on. Dealers will soon refuse to facilitate the transfer of firearms and so Nevadans will not be able to order firearms online. This situation is horrendous and must be changed. This is a critical pro-Second Amendment bill. (Or write your own message).

Republicans on Ways and Means:
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

By Phone leave a message for individual Legislators: Toll Free: 800-978-2878, 800-995-9080, 800-992-0973, Northern Nevada 775-684-6800, 775-684-6789 Southern Nevada 702-486-2626,
We are encouraging Faxes: Toll Free Fax: 866-543-9941
Share your opinion online: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/78th2015/A/

View bill go to: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/78th2015/Bills/AB/AB316_R1.pdf
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Senator Settlemeyers most recent update.
---------------------------
Senator Settelmeyer’s Nevada Legislative Firearms update

This is an updated list as of today April 10th, which is Committee First House Passage Deadline.  Some bills are off the list due to their failure to pass by that time.

SB175
Makes various changes relating to public safety.
Senator Roberson’s bill is a domestic violence gun bill.  It prevents individuals convicted of domestic violence from purchasing a firearm.  It extends the Castle Doctrine to occupied motor vehicles.  It creates reciprocity for anyone who is 21 years old and has a CCW from another jurisdiction, and eliminates Clark County’s gun registration program.  It was heard in  Senate Judiciary on February 25th at 1:00 pm.  It passed the Senate floor on March 23rd with 14 Yeas and 5 Nays.  It Passed the Assembly on May 22 with 25 Yeas and 17 Nays.

SB176
Revises provisions governing certain dangerous or deadly weapons.
Senator Settelmeyer’s bill allows for the possession of switchblade knives, authorizes belt buckle knives, and preempts counties or municipalities from passing knife laws.  It was heard in  Senate Judiciary on February 27th at 1:00 pm.  It passed out of Senate Judiciary on March 27th.  It Passed the Assembly on May 21 with 41 Yeas and 0 Nays.

SB240

Makes certain changes relating to public safety

Senator Roberson’s bill sets time frames on information that a person is not mentally healthy must be sent to the criminal repository.   This will help insure those that are not mentally well will not be allowed to purchase firearms.   It passed the Senate floor on April 2nd  with 20 Yeas and 0 Nays.  It Passed the Assembly on May 21 with 23 Yeas and 18 Nays.

AB167 Authorizes the storage and carrying of firearms and ammunition on the premises of a family foster home or by certain persons who reside in a family foster home under certain circumstances. Assemblywoman Fiore’s allows for the storage of firearms and ammunition in foster care homes. It passed the Assembly floor on March 23rd with 26 Yeas and 15 Nays.  It was refereed to Senate Health & Human Services.  It passed out of  Senate Health on May 14th.

AB487

Revises provisions governing firearms.

Oscarson, Wheeler, Woodbury, Armstrong, Edwards, Silberkraus, Stewart. Introduced this bill to address the issue of Campus Carry.  It has a hearing scheduled in Assembly Judiciary committee on May 26th at 8:00 am.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:56:36 PM EDT
[#29]
NVFAC's latest alert and update.
----------------
Campus Carry Still Alive!!!
AB487 Hearing Tomorrow in Assembly Judiciary

AB 487 is scheduled for an Assembly Judiciary Committee  hearing at 8 a.m. tomorrow, Tuesday, 26 May 2015.  Click here to contact your Assemblyperson and politely urge passage of AB 487.

While the incorporation of AB 148 into SB 175 failed, Campus Carry is still alive! Campus Carry legislation is contained in TWO bills: SB 340, and AB 487.

AB 487 was introduced in the Assembly last week and has solid support among Assembly Republicans and a few Democrats.

SB 340, sponsored by Senator Ben Kieckhefer, contains almost verbatim the Campus Carry language that failed in the 2013 and 2011 legislative sessions.  SB 340 also has an exemption, meaning that the only deadline for its passage is the adjournment of the 2015 legislative session.

Either bill, if passed and signed by the Governor, would get gun owners where they want to be with Campus Carry.  Either bill would be a major victory for Nevada gun owners, and a proper vindication for courageous women like Amanda Collins.

Please forward this alert to as many like-minded people as you know
and urge them to take action as well.

Click Here to Take Action

Click here to see our immediate action requests

Bill Status as of May 23rd

These bills have met the first four deadlines or are exempt from deadlines. Click here to read our position papers on these bills.

Your donations help us to continue to fund our lobbying effort, including these email alerts. Please consider joining the Nevada Firearms Coalition or donating to our Political Action Committee.

AB 121 - Sponsored by: Assemblyman Wheeler - Support

This bill would revise the zero tolerance policy in regards to students simulating a firearm in play or the use of firearms in logos, on clothing or awards.

Passed the Assembly 24 to 17, April 15, 2015
Passed the Senate 15 to 6, May 22, 2015
Awaiting Assembly Concurrance

AB 136 - Sponsored by: Assemblyman Ellison - Support

This bill will allow you to carry a firearm while bowhunting for personal protection.

Passed the Assembly 41 to 0, April 3, 2014
Passed the Senate 21 to 0, May 17, 2015
Delivered to Governor

AB 167 - Sponsored by: Assemblywoman Fiore - Support

This bill will protect the rights of foster parents to have a concealed firearm.

Passed the Assembly 26 to 15, March 23, 2015
Waiver Granted, May 22, 2015 (exempt from deadlines)

AB 316 - Sponsored by: Assemblywoman Dickman - Strong Support

This bill will remove the burden of collecting sales tax on out-of-state transfers from gun stores.

Exempt from deadlines due to fiscal impact (the amended bill should resolve the fiscal impact)

AB 487 - Sponsored by: Assemblyman Oscarson - Strong Support

This bill will allow Campus Carry in Nevada.

*Introduced May 22, 2015 as an emergency measure

SB 175 - Sponsored by: Senator Roberson - Strong Support

This bill will make various reforms to Nevada firearms laws, including clarification of the Castle Doctrine, CCW reciprocity, preemption and elimination of Clark County handgun registration (blue cards).

Passed the Senate 14 to 5, March 23, 2015
Passed the Assembly 25 to 17, May 22, 2015
Awaiting delivery to the Governor

SB229 - Sponsored by: Senator Gustavson - Strong Support

This bill will authorize the creation of a 2nd Amendment license plate in Nevada.

Passed the Senate 15 to 5, April 15, 2015
Passed the Assembly 30 to 12, May 22, 2015
Awaiting Delivery to Governor

SB 240 - Sponsored by: Senator Roberson - Support

This bill was submitted in 2013 to provide immunity for private-party background checks and makes changes to improve reporting of mental health adjudications.

Passed the Senate 20 to 0, April 2, 2015
Passed the Assembly 23 to 18, May 21, 2015
Awaiting Senate Concurrance

SB 350 - Sponsored by: Senator Kieckhefer - Strong Support

This bill will allow Campus Carry in Nevada.

Waiver Granted April 10, 2015 (exempt from deadlines)

Bills that have died as of May 23rd

AB 2 - Sponsored by: Assemblyman Hambrick - Strong Support (Combined with AB148)

AB 100 - Sponsored by: Assemblyman Ellison - Strong Support (killed by Senator Brower)

AB 127 - Sponsored by: Assemblyman Hambrick - Strong Support (Combined with SB175)

AB 139 - Sponsored by: Assemblyman Wheeler - Strong Support (Combined with SB175)

AB 148 - Sponsored by: Assemblywoman Fiore - Strong Support (killed by Senator Brower)

AB 171 - Sponsored by: Assemblywoman Shelton - Strong Support (Combined with SB175)

AB 352 - Sponsored by: Assemblyman Ellison - Strong Support (killed by Senator Brower)

AB 357 - Sponsored by: Assemblywoman Fiore - Support (killed by Senator Brower)

AB 404 - Sponsored by: Assemblywoman Fiore - Strong Support (killed by Senator Brower)

SB 143 - Sponsored by: Senator Gustavson - Strong Support (killed by Senator Brower)

SB 171 - Sponsored by: Senator Settelmeyer - Strong Support (Combined with SB175)

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:15:07 PM EDT
[#30]
AB316 is the big one for me. The new "tax" on 0 gain for the shops is over the top. Emails sent, calls to be made tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Today's Assembly Judiciary Committee hearing on AB-487 concluded this morning; it was short and sweet. In view of the great deal of testimony, both in favor and opposition, presented in the past, and due to the late hour (in this session), no further testimony was taken today.

The anti's were no doubt disappointed. They had a decent turnout. Approx turnout. 5 for 487, 17 against 487 in Vegas.

The bill will no doubt be expedited (perhaps a work session to pass it out of cmte today?) and sent to the senate. And the SENATE is where we must direct our REAL SUPPORT.

Obviously, AB-487 has not yet passed the Assembly. But when it does, and when it reaches the Senate, it is anticipated it will be referred to Senator Greg Brower's
Senate Judiciary Committee:

Greg Brower - Chair
Becky Harris - Vice Chair

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Senator Brower has indicated he will hear AB-487, but he has not indicated whether or not he will conduct a committee vote on AB-487.

Start on the emails and phone calls now!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:12:23 AM EDT
[#32]
This morning, I called Anderson's office, made it very clear that I'm in his district and will be watching him and his actions, and told the nice lady exactly which bills I'm in favor of.

ETA:  I'll be contacting Hammond's office tomorrow morning.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#33]
AB487 passed the Assembly this morning. On to the Senate...

SB240 has passed as well. On to Gov...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#34]
What is the next step for SB176?

eta: I think Sandoval has it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#35]
http://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2015/may/30/there-no-appetite-hear-it-nevadas-campus-carry-bil/
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#36]
http://engage.nvfac.org/app/take-action?engagementId=105793&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxZYBMhFTTIRs0yR2onHfqlQkvFTtob1Gvevhbbs82g-1x949haXmWlG_jEIoBMndtTyDJk5ZOmtXdp-4qdtEK9nxUUVHPTRd0I4zKuj4HSGQ&lp=0
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:42:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Do we have the fortitude to successfully carry out a few recalls?

Campus carry killed, but the Sandoval margin tax is still being crammed down our throats!
No worthwhile land reforms either, so no real chance of growing our state economic base to off-set losses due to tax increases.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#38]
I just paid my Annual List fees for my LLC to the state the other day.

The LLC is $125.00, and the FUCKING Business Tax is $200.00. It used to be just the LLC filing until Kenny Guinn pushed for the $200.00 "Business Activity Tax" (separate from Sales Tax) to tack onto it some time ago.

You can't do business in Nevada without paying it, even if you are a Sole Proprietor.

Sandoval is pushing for the same BULLSHIT.

I wonder if Sandoval's TAX will be on top of what businesses are already paying to the state?

Nevada is looking more and more like Kommiefornia every damn session.

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#39]
so sb176
this will preempt the stupid 3" concealed blade law in clark county?

I could start concealing an auto over 3"?

is this gonna be another bullshit illegal law like north las vegas weapon in vehicle where it's preempted by state law but still on the books?
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
so sb176

is this gonna be another bullshit illegal law like north las vegas weapon in vehicle where it's preempted by state law but still on the books?
View Quote

I think the preemption in the law was removed so county and city ords can override...
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I think the preemption in the law was removed so county and city ords can override...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so sb176

oh damnit what fucking pussies

I need to figure out how to get more active with clark county law makers
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
so sb176

Wait, blur cards are county law, so if they can still overide, how would the blue cards be ending?
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Wait, blur cards are county law, so if they can still overide, how would the blue cards be ending?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
so sb176

different bills.

176 did have knife law preemption but an amendment removed that.

gun registration is already preempted by state law with an exception to counties with over x population sb 175 removes the exception that allows clark county to have blue cards
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#44]
I need to figure out how to get more active with Clark County law makers.
View Quote

That is easy, as I've posted before and applies to all counties.
Whatever your party affiliation there is a local county "Central Committee" you can join.
Meetings once a month, probably during a weekday evening, from 6:30 or 7:00 to about 9:00
No membership fee but they will want you to contribute occasional volunteer labor, raffle prizes, admission fee for annual fund raising events, etc.

This gets you into the lower level of "Insider" access to public officials, candidates, and party POLICY DECISIONS via the party platform process.

NOW is the time to start as the next round of platform planks (Policy statement) and election activity is getting close.
Get in NOW to become an established member in time to be effective.
Next caucus or primary is early next year, politicians are lining up to run now.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 12:32:53 AM EDT
[#45]
SCREWED AGAIN!

Looked for information on the news without result, but Janine Hansen sent out an alert letting us know we've been had, again.
Let the recalls begin, and include RINO Sandoval.
----------------------------------------------------------
Assembly RINO Republicans Betray Taxpayers pass $1.5 Billion Tax Increase
Passed SB483 including a Margins Tax
(Gross Income Tax on Businesses now renamed a Commerce Tax),
a huge increase in Business License Fees, & a huge increase in the Payroll Tax  (Modified Business Tax)

These taxes were included in a 77 page amendment 1039 to SB483 given to the Assembly Body one and a half hours before the vote. Assemblyman Hansen sustained by colleagues asked for a roll call vote to allow this to be placed for a vote on Monday morning giving time to consider the amendment which lost. Hansen also led the fight against amendment 1039 to be included in SB483 and provided an alternative amendment which was defeated. "The $850 million tax increase in 2005 for Education is still unaccounted for including the $381 Million in Class Size Reduction," according to Hansen. Assemblyman Brent Jones mentioned that Nevada needs education Reform not more money for failing education. Also speaking against the SB483 Assemblymen: Jill Dickman, Chris Edwards, John Ellison, Michele Fiore, Victoria Seaman, Shelly Shelton, Robin Titus, and Jim Wheeler.

This is the largest tax increase in Nevada history.This bill contains a gross receipts tax, renamed a "commerce" tax, which is a betrayal of the voters who in 2014, voted against a gross receipts tax by 78%. If your business grosses over 4 million you will pay the Gross Receipts Tax even if your business does not make a profit!  "Gross Receipts" translates into a mini-IRS for Nevada businesses, a new tax that can be increased by future Legislatures. It contains a huge increase in the business license fee from $200 to $500. SB483 raises the payroll tax from 1.17% on what employers pay employees in payroll to 1.475% (2% for mining and financial institutions) and lowers the quarterly exemption from $85,000 in payroll to $50,000 in gross payroll.

Most Democrats spoke in favor of this $1.5 Billion Tax Increase as well as, RINO Republicans Derek Armstrong, Paul Anderson, Pat Hickey, Erven Nelson, P.K. O'Neill, Stephen Silberkraus, Lynn Stewart, Glenn Trowbridge, Melissa Woodbury.

SB483 Passes 30 to 10
Find candidates now to run in the Primary against these RINO's
RINO's Voted for SB483 Tax Increase: Plus all Democrats
Paul Anderson  775-684-8853
Derek Armstrong 775-684-8839
David Gardner  775-684-8549
John Hambrick  775-684-8827
Pat Hickey 775-684-8837
Randy Kirner  775-684-8848
Erven Nelson  775-684-8833
P.K. O'Neill  775-684-8825
James Oscarson  775-684-8805
Stephen Silberkraus  775-684-8855
Lynn Stewart  775-684-8823
Glenn Trowbridge  775-684-8505
Melissa Woodbury  775-684-8503

RINO's Emails:
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected],
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],  [email protected],

Republicans Voting NO on SB483, Tell them Thanks!
Jill Dickman  775-684-8563
Chris Edwards  775-684-8857
John Ellison  775-684-8831
Michele Fiore  775-684-8829
Ira Hansen  775-684-8851
Brent Jones  775-684-8573
Victoria Seaman  775-684-8847
Shelly Shelton  775-684-8541
Robin Titus  775-684-8507
Jim Wheeler  775-684-8843
(Vicki Dooling's husband died early this morning. However, she would have voted No)
(John Moore is in the Veterans Hospital, he would have voted No)

Emails: Republicans Voting No on SB483
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], , [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],

More excellent information on the Governor's tax from NPRI: http://www.npri.org/issues/publication/governors-new-tax-plan-still-has-numerous-structural-constitutional-issues

According to Gallup only 44% of adult Americans have full time jobs.
"Gallup 5.6% Unemployment the Big Lie"  http://www.gallup.com/opinion/chairman/181469/big-lie-unemployment.aspx
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
so sb176

Thank the lobbyist from AKTI for that mostly.

They sent a stammering doddering old man who basically fucked us when the cowardly cops testified against the "dirk or dagger" language when he said "Any modern knife can penetrate a bllistic vest".

I may not have been the most polished speaker when I spoke and had the coppers muttering behind my back, but this guy was a paid professional.

The lobbyist from Knife Rights saved the day and saved at least the autoknife portion.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Campus carry killed, but the Sandoval margin tax is still being crammed down our throats!

No worthwhile land reforms either, so no real chance of growing our state economic base to off-set losses due to tax increases.
View Quote
Let's do it.  Time to send a few messages.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are people in Elko asking if a recall can happen.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Greg Brower and John Hambrick need to go first.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#50]
I think a recall is a good move but I don't think we have the time, money, and resources to get more than a couple of them. We need to be united and organized.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top