Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#2]
broke
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#3]
thread
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:35:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Time for a change. My bench is up to 215x3x5 but it takes a lot out of me. I don't have much left for Kloks. Time to split the days up. The plan is to have a heavy Klok/light bench day and a heavy bench/light Klok day. Back work still really sucks. Hard to row without tugging on the joint in a way it does not appreciate. I really want to build up dips and chins again.  

I am certainly open to suggestions.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:07:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cowboy:
Given enough calories and protein, absolutely.

I've been too stupid to eat enough when I do it till now. Been doing it for one cycle and already see some changes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By brodband8:

Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:

Originally Posted By dkrider4r:

I squatted Monday and am still feeling sore from it. I did my work sets of 250x5, 290x5 and was feeling pretty ambitious and hit 330x8 followed by my BBB sets of 175.

What does BBB stand for?

Boring But Big.

5 sets of 10 reps at 50% of your max, after you do your prescribed 5/3/1 reps for the day.

Does it actually get you big?

I've been too stupid to eat enough when I do it till now. Been doing it for one cycle and already see some changes.
I'm running the T-Nation 3month variant where in month 2 you jump to 60% and month 3 you jump to 70%.

After the first month I've put on ~6lbs. My arms feel huge.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Still sitting at the cafe.  For those of you torturing yourselves I'm almost finished with eggs, country ham, bacon, sausage biscuits and gravy, baked apples, and hash browns.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Breakfast:

Protein shake:

25g eggwhites

30g TN Beef Isolate

500ml whole milk

PLUS greek yogurt with 30g of chia.

Good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By therex:
Breakfast:
Protein shake:
25g eggwhites
30g TN Beef Isolate
500ml whole milk

Good stuff.
View Quote

I can't understand all those commie measurements.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Breakfast:
Protein shake:
25g eggwhites
30g TN Beef Isolate
500ml whole milk

Good stuff.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:59:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm a doctor,  and the only non American measurements i use are for drugs.  

I have no concept of what 500ml of milk is.

Seriously.  It's strange.  

Eat 200g of meat. ..  that could be anything.  is that lke 5 steaks or 50 steaks...?

Crazy measurements.  Crazy rest of the world.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:12:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: therex] [#11]

Originally Posted By darktide:

I have no concept of what 500ml of milk is.
View Quote
It's about a pint, bruh.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
Still sitting at the cafe.  For those of you torturing yourselves I'm almost finished with eggs, country ham, bacon, sausage biscuits and gravy, baked apples, and hash browns.  
View Quote

Ha! Funny guy.

Made some changes and reevaluated protein. Should be able to get 100g today and will make a pile of boiled eggs, sirloin, and chicken this weekend to feed on throughout the week. Down 10# in 8 weeks and if anything have gained muscle. Need to get a new powder as that cheap stuff from Walmart is messing with my stomach. Maybe try that stuff from Sams Club. Or something different entirely.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Allstarhealth.com

Matrix 5.0

peanut butter cookie.  

38 /5lbs, tastes like heaven.  76 bucks for 10lbs Shipped.

---

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:29:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By flinch08:
Ha! Funny guy.

Made some changes and reevaluated protein. Should be able to get 100g today and will make a pile of boiled eggs, sirloin, and chicken this weekend to feed on throughout the week. Down 10# in 8 weeks and if anything have gained muscle. Need to get a new powder as that cheap stuff from Walmart is messing with my stomach. Maybe try that stuff from Sams Club. Or something different entirely.
View All Quotes

Ha! Funny guy.

I was using powder once a day and twice on workout days. My stomach finally said yeah you idiot Im gonna make you pay.

So I went to only on workout days. Stomach is happy, and the weight is now starting to fall off.

I guess I was not calculating the solid food correctly. Now Im shedding weight and growing muscle.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Ha! Funny guy.

View All Quotes

Ha! Funny guy.

Hey, eat big lift big.  I am a believer now and I'm not letting up on the cheeseburger train until my wife tells me I'm getting fat.  I swear I am getting leaner while getting heavier, but who knows.  When I was going down the scale I was eating several protein shakes a day, then a really strong guy told me, eat all the protein you want, until you up the carbs and sugar you will not add muscle.  Gained 15 pounds since then.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Hey, eat big lift big.  I am a believer now and I'm not letting up on the cheeseburger train until my wife tells me I'm getting fat.  I swear I am getting leaner while getting heavier, but who knows.  When I was going down the scale I was eating several protein shakes a day, then a really strong guy told me, eat all the protein you want, until you up the carbs and sugar you will not add muscle.  Gained 15 pounds since then.
View All Quotes

Ha! Funny guy.

Truth!!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Found this pretty sweet shirt.  Kind of hard to see.

http://liftbigeatbig.spreadshirt.com/are-you-eating-enough-A15647491
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Allstarhealth.com

Matrix 5.0
peanut butter cookie.  

38 /5lbs, tastes like heaven.  76 bucks for 10lbs Shipped.

---

View Quote

Done.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:59:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Found this pretty sweet shirt.  Kind of hard to see.

http://image.spreadshirtmedia.com/image-server/v1/compositions/1000587948/views/1,width=280,height=280,appearanceId=2.png/are-you-eating-enough_design.png

http://liftbigeatbig.spreadshirt.com/are-you-eating-enough-A15647491
View Quote

Funny stuff. The Brosciense Bulking Edition is pretty comical.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:22:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Eat 200g of meat. ..  that could be anything.  is that lke 5 steaks or 50 steaks...?

View Quote

It's like 40 creatine scoop sized steaks
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Benched 135lbs...

Awe yeeeah

Lol doing this slow and smart is different.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 12:27:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#23]
Breakfast: pizza/burritos/whatever I decide to make.
Lunch: same.  
Second lunch: potato chips, ramen noodles, again, whatever I decide.
Third lunch: pint of ice cream
Dinner: whatever my wife cooks.
Second dinner: whatever I scrounge out the cupboard/fridge, potentially a sandwich or two of some sort.
Midnight snack: Whataburger.

And I'm down from 207 to 188lbs currently lol.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 5:15:48 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dkrider4r:
I squatted Monday and am still feeling sore from it. I did my work sets of 250x5, 290x5 and was feeling pretty ambitious and hit 330x8 followed by my BBB sets of 175.

What does BBB stand for?

Boring But Big.

5 sets of 10 reps at 50% of your max, after you do your prescribed 5/3/1 reps for the day.

Does it actually get you big?

I still don't understand it.  I'm not small, but I don't consider myself big.  The boring but big just doesn't ever seem like I'm doing enough.  

I eat all kinds of protein, and basically everything I can get my hands on.  As much meat as possible.  I over-eat all the time it seems, yet my weight has leveled out, and I have actually lost weight.

My sets are up in the 3-400 pound range based on my numbers but even still I don't feel/see myself getting bigger.  

I got bigger much faster and put on alot more size doing the 10x3 routine, but I was only doing it for bench press.  This is what put me from 365 without a pause, up to 405 with a pause.

I wonder if I am doing too much each workout?  I do my normal sets, then 5 sets of 10 at 50%.  Then I do 3-5 other assistance workouts going pretty heavy using 8-10 rep sets for 3 sets each workout.

Lot of chain work/pause sets and stuff.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:04:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Second dinner: whatever I scrounge out the cupboard/fridge, potentially a sandwich or two of some sort.

View Quote

Oh you're that guy everyone hates that can make gainz and lose fat while eating whatever you want.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:23:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By KaiK:
Oh you're that guy everyone hates that can make gainz and lose fat while eating whatever you want.
View All Quotes

Im in the same boat. As soon as my body got used to the working out, I can eat a dang pig and still lose 5 pounds in the process.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:23:38 AM EDT
[#27]
This thread needs help....
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:24:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Hi Im george and this thread is bugged.....
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:26:49 AM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

No shit. I would look like a toad if I ate like that.

Hating.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:43:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Hi my name is Rex and I have a problem...

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#31]

Awesome.  Good luck.  Maybe you can make it over here one Saturday and we can do some training for it.  There's also a really fun looking one on 4/18 in Clarksburg, WV.  I probably would go for it if I wasn't already signed up for a burpee and jump rope competition on the same day.  

I hit a  10 pound PR on squat today.  430.  In nanos, no knee sleeves.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Day off from work today, long time coming.

Squats this morning and more squats for accessory work.  More hack squats in the machine   , leg curls both ways, calf raises.

Now time to drink beer, eat ALL THE FOOD, watch some basketball and work on my taxes to see how much I owe.  Probably in that order.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Speaking of calf raises, my calfs are not impressive looking, and it's no big surprise that I do no calf raises.  I read this article.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/no-weights-calf-training

The guy says you should be able to do 20 single leg calf raises, each side, full ROM, and that most of the athletes he tested only did around 14 or less.  So I tried it out.  I got 27 on each side.  Not bad, I think?  Anyone else try this?
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Speaking of calf raises, my calfs are not impressive looking, and it's no big surprise that I do no calf raises.  I read this article.

The guy says you should be able to do 20 single leg calf raises, each side, full ROM, and that most of the athletes he tested only did around 14 or less.  So I tried it out.  I got 27 on each side.  Not bad, I think?  Anyone else try this?
View Quote

Stopped at 23 each because I'm about to go lift. I'm sure all the oly helps a lot with calf strength even if mine are not very impressive looking either.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Stopped at 23 each because I'm about to go lift. I'm sure all the oly helps a lot with calf strength even if mine are not very impressive looking either.

View All Quotes

I got to 30 on each leg before it started to burn up into my hamstring. #exfatguylegs

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#36]
I got to 30 on each leg before it started to burn up into my hamstring. #exfatguylegs  
View All Quotes

I knew it.  Rex has the calves of a T Rex.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:45:37 PM EDT
[#37]

I knew it.  Rex has the calves of a T Rex.
View Quote
I was talking to a guy the other day (when I ate that big ass burger) who was bragging about how much weight he would put on the calf raise machine at the gym.

First I , then when I realized he was serious, I
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Damn, first they got Gregg Plitt, now they got another online fitness personality.  Trains want to kill us.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#39]
My calves are crazy right now.

260-230lb dudes runningg and biking will build tank calves.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#40]

Damn, first they got Gregg Plitt, now they got another online fitness personality.  Trains want to kill us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3002756/Popular-personal-trainer-killed-freight-train-making-workout-video-YouTube-near-tracks.html

View Quote
STOP FUCKING AROUND WITH TRAINS.

MASS WINS EVERY TIME C'MON GUYS

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3002756/Popular-personal-trainer-killed-freight-train-making-workout-video-YouTube-near-tracks.html

That must have been one hell of a TRAINing video.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 3:21:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RatherBeLifting] [#42]

View All Quotes

That's going to be part of the WoD at your local box soon.

ETA:    
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

My right calf has some atrophy still from all of my knee surgeries. When I started lifting, I started doing calf raises after my workouts. I do 40 single and 40 double leg L/D/R for three sets. I don't have calves anymore I have cows.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#44]
20 per with my school backpack on. Short tilesetter has to reach high. A lot.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

It must be a sign
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Hizzie:
Time for a change. My bench is up to 215x3x5 but it takes a lot out of me. I don't have much left for Kloks. Time to split the days up. The plan is to have a heavy Klok/light bench day and a heavy bench/light Klok day. Back work still really sucks. Hard to row without tugging on the joint in a way it does not appreciate. I really want to build up dips and chins again.  

I am certainly open to suggestions.
View Quote

Let me try this again. Crossfit. Shoes. Tights. Strongman. Ambiguously gay duo.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Regarding everyone's tiny calves... I'm sorry, but
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:09:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#48]
Tonight was deadlifts.  My last set was 410x3.  Went for 5 and could have done more.

I then did 5 sets of 10 @ 225.  No bounce reps either.

I did leg press touching my quads to my chest at 315 for 3 sets of 10, then I did good-mornings with 135 nice and slow/low for 3 more sets of 10.

Followed by quad extensions for 3 sets.

Am I doing too much assistance work?
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Tonight was deadlifts.  My last set was 410x3.  Went for 5 and could have done more.

I then did 5 sets of 10 @ 225.  No bounce reps either.

I did leg press touching my quads to my chest at 315 for 3 sets of 10, then I did good-mornings with 135 nice and slow/low for 3 more sets of 10.

Followed by quad extensions for 3 sets.

Am I doing too much assistance work?
View Quote

My simple approach, if you keep doing the same amount of work every week and making progress, you must be somewhere around the appropriate amount of work.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205022742002491
Youtube didn't like my video for some reason. Mock meet today. 440 squat, 295 bench and 465 deadlift. I have been deadlifting with neoprene shorts and putting on the singlet today made me realize the bar gets hung up on my thighs. No big deal, baby powder will fix it but it is nice to know ahead of time. My ass drove up off the bench a little on bench, I think being able to spread my feet out more will eliminate that. The rack limited how wide my feet could get and it has never been an issue in my own basement.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 9:17:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top