BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Yes it is a real sign at FT Benning

Do something about it.  Like paste the 2nd amendment just below it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Cannot carry concealed OFF-post?!?! Really?? Un-fuckingbelieveable.

Yet another unenforceable and illegal order that has yet to be challenged.  No commander will EVER bring someone up on charges for that - they would lose their command.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#3]

If terrorists don't register their weapons, then why does it matter if I register mine or not?

Really!

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You have to register your weapons with the MP's if your in the military anyway. Does it happen?  prolly not.

I would take that shit down and wipe my ass with it. What are they going to do? Fire you?
No, you dont..........this isnt an Army policy...its a post policy...there is alot of soldiers, that dont live on posts but out on the economy....

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I used to regret not serving my country in the military when I was younger. I've since realized I would just be serving politicians, bureaucrats, and now, the Zero. My "circle of giveadamn" has shrunk considerably, and I'm fine with that. I have no desire to serve the government, and this is one more small reason that justifies my decision. Anyone, military or civilian, who agrees with that sign is beneath my contempt, and I would not pee on them if they were on fire.

Ya know, I'm really glad you never served MY country either.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Whoever put that together really needed to get with the Public Affairs Office before putting that insulting shit out there. Whatever point they were trying to make could have been made without resorting to calling their fellow Soldiers terrorists.

All they will manage to do with rhetoric like that is create resistance to their policy.

Personally, I find it insulting in the extreme for them to compare any honorably serving United States Army Soldier to a fucking terrorist. No matter how well-intentioned they were with their policy, the people responsible for this only managed to degrade unit morale and establish an environment of extreme mistrust.

But hey, at least they didn't hurt Hasan's feelings by calling HIM a terrorist, and that's what's important.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone needs to add one of those refelective belts to the "Terrorist"
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Terrorists also breathe oxygen. Are you a terrorist?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Terrorists don't like cute lil' bunny rabbits.

Are you a terrorist?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:26:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes it is a real sign at FT Benning

At one of the gates or in a company area?

Considering that it's next to a poster telling the procedure to register your guns on post, almost certinaly (99.9%, +/-) at the reception station, probably the same place where you register your POV with the mud puppies.

About the same time that Clinton's Army published a reg stating that you can't carry on post unless your duties require it, there were several attempts by the brass at various installations to require that all personnel register any privately owned weapons they had, on post or off, in some cases within up to 200 miles of post.  Occasionally specifying "owned by spouses or family members."  Universally ignored of course, but the attempt was made.

Meanwhile, I knew several senior NCOs who made no secret that they were carrying on duty, allowed or not, as this was also about the time it first became common knowledge that gangs were encouraging members to enlist for the training.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:55:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd give  $20 for someone to swap that sign with an almost identical one; same wording, but with a picture change... something like
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:58:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet another unenforceable and illegal order that has yet to be challenged.  No commander will EVER bring someone up on charges for that - they would lose their command.

Yep - no military nexus.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:02:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Every post I was ever stationed at wanted you to register your personal weapons. I never did, and neither did any of my buddies. The all-time winner in the complete disregard of that order still has to be Ft. Bragg. There are probably as many unregistered personal weapons on and around Bragg as there are in arms rooms. When I lived in the barracks at Bragg, just about every single room had one or more guns concealed in it. You can hide a pistol almost anywhere with a screwdriver and a little imagination.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:24:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not that it'd be smart but I'd love to see someone cross out "terrorists" and write "citizens."  

i would love to see that

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm just posting it for you all to read. I do not agree with or condone this bullshit. Nor would I comply with it if I was stationed there. Next thing you know, this General will be telling his soldiers their wives can't carry concealed or that they cant recieve blowjobs from thier wives off post.

Don't see how he could tell a soldiers wife what to do. She is not under his command if carrying off base.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep - no military nexus.

How would one get caught ? Civilian LEO shouldn't care , you wouldn't be breaking civilian law, and Alaska CCW law wouldn't apply to on post carrying where the MPs might find you.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#17]
First - Indoctrinate the military to believe that registration is good and you are a terrorist if you don't register your personal firearms

Second - You put forth legislation, multiple pieces of gun registration legislation and hook it onto a military spending bill in the dead of night.

Third - Lawful civilian firearm registration backed up with the treat of force - and a group capable of enforcing the law - because "only a terrorist doesn't register their firearms".

Just thought I'd put it out there in the most simple terms.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Coming to a neighborhood near you.

I could see this aimed at civilians next.

I really hope if something like that happened America would REALLY wake up, and us 3% would finally start the ball rolling.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Segregate, demonize, Tax to holy hell, criminalize.

Forgot one...as any smoker can tell you...

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

First - Indoctrinate the military to believe that registration is good and you are a terrorist if you don't register your personal firearms

Second - You put forth legislation, multiple pieces of gun registration legislation and hook it onto a military spending bill in the dead of night.

Third - Lawful civilian firearm registration backed up with the treat of force - and a group capable of enforcing the law - because "only a terrorist doesn't register their firearms".

Just thought I'd put it out there in the most simple terms.

"But the military is our friend, they would never follow orders to take our guns and put us in camps!"~Arfcom

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Are we 100% sure this is on base?

I remember the same pic or one very similar being used during Austrailias registration.  Hence the very IRA looking BG.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#22]
where the FUCK IS THAT posted??????
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Wow, that is really gay.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Its shit like this that makes me wonder how many soldiers would follow an order to confiscate guns from american citizens you really have to wonder.....
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You have to register your weapons with the MP's if your in the military anyway. Does it happen?  prolly not.

I would take that shit down and wipe my ass with it. What are they going to do? Fire you?
No, you dont..........this isnt an Army policy...its a post policy...there is alot of soldiers, that dont live on posts but out on the economy....

It's not an AF one either.  Unless you live on base, there is no registering anything.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If terrorists don't register their weapons, then why does it matter if I register mine or not?

Really!

Some good soldier should fix the sign with a sharpie and replaced the word "Terrorist" with the words "Free people"

The sign should thus read like this:

"Free people don't register their weapons...are you a free person?"
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 12:56:30 PM EDT
[#27]
fucking command
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'd give  $20 for someone to swap that sign with an almost identical one; same wording, but with a picture change... something like

Yes! That picture with the words I suggested would certain get soldiers thinking ...
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 4:24:04 AM EDT
[#29]
No Navy installation I have ever been to has posted something like that, nor tried to register all weapons off post.

Those of you who were considering joining, maybe you might want to think about trying a different service.

Just sayin'
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 4:27:45 AM EDT
[#30]
That sign is the definition of insanity.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 4:31:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l282/stevil0/Photo_121409_001.jpg

Really!

Some good soldier should fix the sign with a sharpie and replaced the word "Terrorist" with the words "Free people"

Patriots Don't Register Their Weapons....ARE YOU A PATRIOT???"

Someone needs to make a copy of that, and "MODIFY" it, replace it, and see if anyone catches on....

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:37:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really!

Patriots Don't Register Their Weapons....ARE YOU A PATRIOT???"

Someone needs to make a copy of that, and "MODIFY" it, replace it, and see if anyone catches on....

OK, I'd go with Patriot, too.  Now we need a brave soldier to get out there and make a switch of the signs.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:15:41 AM EDT
[#33]
They are like that all over now. All of the commands I was attached to while I was in were very gun friendly but the rules were still there. My commanders simply never chose to follow them.

As far as "the military would never follow an order to confiscate weapons".......

You've obviously never seen what happens when the chain of command involve a ring knocking douchebag political CO (West Point, Naval Academy, Citadel), a suck ass brown nosing senior enlisted man, and a bunch of scared 18-20 year olds.

I got lucky, my CO's were typically ex college football jocks and the like but I had enough ring knocking hand job XO's to let me know I was one relieving of command away from living in my own personal libtard political hell. I'm almost glad I got hurt and got the boot now days.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:21:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This is a real sign at FT Benning

Why do they have the "IRA looking" dipshit....
when we all know that the dipshits attacking us look like this

(I know the IRA are considered terrorist, however I am not aware of any of their attacks on American soil.)
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#35]
That poster looks like a TASC product. If so, go find out who printed it up, and see if you can get a digital copy of the original from the guys who work there.

Doctoring up the original should be the work of minutes on a computer, and you can take the revised digital copy to Kinko's or somewhere and have your version printed in no time.

There are too many people in the Army in favor of gun control, and I cannot for the life of me figure that shit out.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 9:20:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#37]
That poster is just begging for some of those prank stick-on bullet holes .
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
No Navy installation I have ever been to has posted something like that, nor tried to register all weapons off post.

Those of you who were considering joining, maybe you might want to think about trying a different service.

Just sayin'

Mostly because it never crosses most Navy CO's minds that people might actually own weapons.  I had a SEAL Senior Chief ask me why the hell I owned an AR once –– he said "what the hell are you going to do with it, it's not like you can use it for home defense!"
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin'

Mostly because it never crosses most Navy CO's minds that people might actually own weapons.  I had a SEAL Senior Chief ask me why the hell I owned an AR once –– he said "what the hell are you going to do with it, it's not like you can use it for home defense!"

I've had people ask me that before... but recently, the questions have been a lot more like, "hey, you're a gun guy, what kind of AR should I get for the coming apocalypse?"
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Let me get this straight:

If you have an unregistered weapon on Ft. Benning you are a terrorist.

If you go on a fucking kill-crazy rampage, murder 13 people and wound 27 while shouting "Allahu Akbar" you are DEFINITELY NOT a terrorist.

Glad I finally got with the program.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:39:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Every post I was ever stationed at wanted you to register your personal weapons. I never did, and neither did any of my buddies. The all-time winner in the complete disregard of that order still has to be Ft. Bragg. There are probably as many unregistered personal weapons on and around Bragg as there are in arms rooms. When I lived in the barracks at Bragg, just about every single room had one or more guns concealed in it. You can hide a pistol almost anywhere with a screwdriver and a little imagination.

The policy I always wondered about was how you are supposed to handle using the on base gun club at Bragg if you live off base.   I shot there a fair amount and just never asked about it, put my guns behind the seat and came and went.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

no, you only used to have to if you lived in on post housing. there was no obligation to register your weapon, or provide serials, or even tell your chain of command you owned one if you lived off post.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin'

I've had people ask me that before... but recently, the questions have been a lot more like, "hey, you're a gun guy, what kind of AR should I get for the coming apocalypse?"

Yeah, this was a couple of years ago.

I did have another Senior Chief ask me a couple of months ago about somebody's guns –– "are they all registered properly?"  Had to do some training on NV's weapon laws, federal weapons laws, and the few states that do require registration.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Good thing we passed all that anti-terror legislation a few years ago.  Now we can use the misnamed Patriot Act to root out those soldiers who keep personal weapons without turning them in to the gestapo.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Some unit AT/FP officer needs to get kicked in the nuts for that BS.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Hey wait a minute! That "Terrorist" has no bayonet lug or Muzzle Break.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#49]
What's next, a sign that says murder is murder?
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#50]
I am insulted by the fact "they" are putting "us" on the same level as an Islamic nut job.

Islamic nut jobs have NOTHING on what "we" could unleash if "we" so wanted to. Lucky for "them", "we" are law bidding citizens who only want provide for our families and to be left the fuck alone.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top