Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not send a link to this thread to the Ft.Benning PAO?https://www.benning.army.mil/PAO/
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#2]
What a load of $hit!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Not good
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty soon we'll all be Terrorist just like our founding Fathers.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 11:13:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been in and out of the vehicle registration building and the MP station at Fort Benning numerous times throughout this year.  I've NEVER seen this posted anywhere.  Everyone assumes it must be true but is it?  I have yet to see a source for this other than "so and so knows what they're talking about so it must be true" type of responses.  

Fort Benning does not require you to register a firearm on post unless you store it on post.  You can bring a firearm on post if you're going to the range or if you are going to hunt with it.  You still don't need to register it if you store it off post.  I don't agree with it but that's about as relaxed as I've ever seen those rules on a military installation.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 11:31:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Fucking bullshit.

I am not a terrorist.

I guess terrorist no longer has meaning. Soon, everyone will be a terrorist.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:06:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Lets see what happened to the oath of defending the Consitution?  Isn't the 2d Admendment a part of that Constitution?  Hasan was a terrorist but for ideological reasons, yet the President and his administration will not label the ahole as such.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:13:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pathetic.  Taking notes from the USARAK dickhead that outlawed concealed carry by all military personnel in AK, and the order stands to this day.  

When I heard about this my first day in Alaska, I made it a point to carry concealed every fucking day of my life if i left the house. General Chickenshit, whoever his predecessor is, and anyone else in USARAK can fuck off and go to hell- and they can take their unconstitutional policy letter with them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:32:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Its shit like this that makes me wonder how many soldiers would follow an order to confiscate guns from american citizens you really have to wonder.....

Virtually all of them, if I had to guess.
Link Posted: 12/22/2009 1:35:36 AM EDT
[#11]
This sign is over-the-top ridiculous in its claim, but the policy is nothing new (In regards to on-base firearms registration). I remember at the Enlisted hotel where I last stayed, they even required the checking-in of knives. I mean damn, I even got a taking to by the SP for taking photographs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2009 1:39:51 AM EDT
[#12]
as awful as that sign is, and it is,,,,

I think your going to find out that it was made by some clueless butter bar in a no name S shop who was just trying to get a point across.
Link Posted: 12/22/2009 1:40:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pathetic.  Taking notes from the USARAK dickhead that outlawed concealed carry by all military personnel in AK, and the order stands to this day.  

When I heard about this my first day in Alaska, I made it a point to carry concealed every fucking day of my life if i left the house. General Chickenshit, whoever his predecessor is, and anyone else in USARAK can fuck off and go to hell- and they can take their unconstitutional policy letter with them.

My understanding was that it was only concealed carry restriction while in uniform, no? They can't enforce a ban like that upon personnel who are just simply walking around the wilds of Alaska, and while not in the commission of their duties.
Link Posted: 12/22/2009 1:46:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just a matter of time now,fellas!

This is just prepping for when they mass troops to stand by this way of thinking when they mobilize this train of thought toward ordinary American gun owners...

I pray I am wrong!

Soon it will be ..."Only terrorist own weapons"

It's hard to argue against that.

Thanks you for posting this FREEFALLE7.
Link Posted: 12/23/2009 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#15]
bump

Thanks for posting this FREEFALLE7.

Link Posted: 12/23/2009 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I retired in '87 and the only times I ever saw any "registration" requirements was if you lived in the barracks. Base housing or off base was not a problem. If you wanted to check yours out of the armory to go hunting or shooting you had to have the serial number and a registration card if I remember correctly. This wasn't really a problem when I was in the barracks anyway, hell, it was all we could do to keep ourselves in beer and smokes with what we got payed. No way I could afford a firearm. I haven't heard anyone from Benning say they had actually seen this sign, so I take it with a grain of salt like 90% of the stuff I see on the www anyway. Probably some butterbar just stepping on his dick before someone had a chance to straighten his ass out.
Link Posted: 12/23/2009 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Thanks for posting this FREEFALLE7.

+1

Link Posted: 12/23/2009 10:20:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its shit like this that makes me wonder how many soldiers would follow an order to confiscate guns from american citizens you really have to wonder.....

Virtually all of them, if I had to guess.

I'd wager that there's a good amount of soldiers who would refuse an order like that. I can think of a website or two that's full of them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 10:35:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I can believe that is a real sign. It only takes one guy in charge to set policy for the entire base.  Some comanders ban guns on base some ban motorcycles.
I really don't like this sign because hopefully if our government ever uses the military to collect guns we will have a lack of cooperation on their part.
Link Posted: 12/26/2009 5:27:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm at Ft Knox, KY and if you live in military housing you need to register your firearms with the PMO (Military Police).  If you live off post you don't have to.
I think that the poster is just plain bad taste who ever designed it.

"SCOUTs OUT"
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top