Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 9:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Cannot carry concealed OFF-post?!?! Really?? Un-fuckingbelieveable.
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Oh, don't worry - they have a million other ways to restrict your personal freedoms, too.
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Since 2006 IIRC. Frankly I'm shocked that none of Alaska's elected officials have gotten in that General's ass about it yet.
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#4]
No politicians left to do anything. Ted Stevens is the only one I can think of that would have the character to say something about this. He did more for Alaska than anybody ever has. But his character was attacked by powerful forces and Alaska got Mark Begich (D) for US Senate. Unbeliveable, and a whole other thread.

Our country.......

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:53:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Unbelievable.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:10:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Let me get this straight:

If you have an unregistered weapon on Ft. Benning you are a terrorist.

If you go on a fucking kill-crazy rampage, murder 13 people and wound 27 while shouting "Allahu Akbar" you are DEFINITELY NOT a terrorist.

Glad I finally got with the program.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:22:16 AM EDT
[#7]
So who are the weapons in the base armory are "registered" to that allows those persons to not be defined as terrorists?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I used to regret not serving my country in the military when I was younger. I've since realized I would just be serving politicians, bureaucrats, and now, the Zero. My "circle of giveadamn" has shrunk considerably, and I'm fine with that. I have no desire to serve the government, and this is one more small reason that justifies my decision. Anyone, military or civilian, who agrees with that sign is beneath my contempt, and I would not pee on them if they were on fire.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I know there was a big 3-gun match there recently. Did the competitors have to register their personal weapons when they came on post?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:00:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Another Command Failure.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:02:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This is a real sign at FT Benning

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l282/stevil0/Photo_121409_001.jpg  

By that standard, yes, I am a terrorist and will remain one! BTW I support Ron Paul and consider myself a Constitutionalist.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Thats really sad, especially since the same govt that owns that sign wont call the Ft. Hood shooter a Terrorist.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:10:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

No politicians left to do anything. Ted Stevens is the only one I can think of that would have the character to say something about this. He did more for Alaska than anybody ever has. But his character was attacked by powerful forces and Alaska got Mark Begich (D) for US Senate. Unbeliveable, and a whole other thread.

Our country.......

http://i50.tinypic.com/349ezh1.jpg

Fixed:

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:11:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Link to this thread sent to Drudge.  Hopefully he puts it at the top.  What a bunch of horse shit
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Wow. Never thought I'd see some shit like that on an Army installation, even in today's politically "correct," diversity-crazed Army.

Whoever put that up needs to be kicked in the neck.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Didn't some old white guys warn us that standing armies are dangerous to liberty?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:16:04 AM EDT
[#17]
considering they dont want to label that major a terrorist, its funny that they want to lable gun owners terrorist,  glad i got out
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:17:48 AM EDT
[#18]
It has to be a fucking joke by some kind of funny guy.  It not, someone needs to be talked to by a command figure with half a brain.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:18:39 AM EDT
[#19]
OP, you MUST take a stencil and paint "Let's not jump to conclusions." on that sign.

That would be too priceless for words, and yea, verily ye should get pics of the finished product.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:18:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#21]
You do not "register" your guns in Georgia. FACT!
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Before I start throwing righteous indignation all over God's internet...

That's a real sign, from Ft. Benning? Really?

(Not calling anyone a liar... I just don't want to believe it.)

The .mil is a hell of a lot less gun-friendly than most of this site would like to believe.

Everyone here who has the wet dream of a military coup to depose Obama needs to know that a military-run government would have you turning big rocks into little rocks until you were a toothless old man for possessing anything more modern than a Winchester 94.  The .mil would probably disarm non-military controlled LEOs if they had their way.  They certainly disarm non-military LEOs who come on post for training seminars.  Most of you have no frikken clue how much the .mil hates guns in the hands of anyone other than the .mil.  

The only thing stopping the .mil from outright banning all POWs from military property and barring all military members from possessing POWs at all is Congress and a cursory nod to the Constitution.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#23]
The military attitude towards privae weapons is one of the many reasons im getting out. Im sick of being asked for a list of my weapons by serial # type, calibre, and manufacturer. Sick of being told i have to register my weapons even though i do not live on post and have no intention of ever bringing them on post.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
considering they dont want to label that major a terrorist, its funny that they want to lable gun owners terrorist,  glad i got out

and this
considering they dont want to label that major a terrorist, its funny that they want to lable gun owners terrorist, glad i got out

The irony of not naming the major a terrorist but somebody who exercises his constitutional right a terrorist, its gold Jerry pure gold.

I am prom Europe so understand nothing about these matters just seems strange, surly your top brass would be smarter than this

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:26:39 AM EDT
[#25]
I put in 9 years.

I got sick of bullshit like this.

What a shame.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:26:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes it is a real sign at FT Benning

At one of the gates or in a company area?

Looks like some sign in a company area some dipshit hung up.

Sad thing is many joes will start believing only terrorists don't register weapons. Hang up enough signs and get enough mindless NCO's yelling and screaming about enforcing standards, and they will start buying into it.

While it is a pretty dipshit thing to compare not registering your POW and terrorism, it most certainly is a requirement to register any POW that comes onto post, even if it is stored off post in non-military housing.

If some speedy 4 got nailed at the gate for the 30-30 behind the seat of his pickup, you can bet your ass that someone will be asking the company what they've done to motivate their troops into registering POWs that will come onto post.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The .mil is a hell of a lot less gun-friendly than most of this site would like to believe.

Everyone here who has the wet dream of a military coup to depose Obama needs to know that a military-run government would have you turning big rocks into little rocks until you were a toothless old man for possessing anything more modern than a Winchester 94.  The .mil would probably disarm non-military controlled LEOs if they had their way.  They certainly disarm non-military LEOs who come on post for training seminars.  Most of you have no frikken clue how much the .mil hates guns in the hands of anyone other than the .mil.  

The only thing stopping the .mil from outright banning all POWs from military property and barring all military members from possessing POWs at all is Congress and a cursory nod to the Constitution.

That's because the Army is littered with worthless bean counters and lawyers who have nothing more worthwhile to do than come up with ever more ridiculous rules and regulations to govern the real Soldiers who are doing all the dirty work.

All this gun banning shit is probably some field grade asshole coming up with new ways to impress the "old man" and get a few nice bullets on his OER.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:28:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quick question is this just for on base personel and offbase? what about NG?

Your NG unit doesn't give a shit unless their unit is located on post and you keep the POW in your vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Right click>save image as.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#30]
I guess the old saying applies here, "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."  Another equally applicable saying is, "Citizens own weapons, slaves do not."  I prefer the second quote.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Anyone has forwarded to the NRA?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since 2006 IIRC. Frankly I'm shocked that none of Alaska's elected officials have gotten in that General's ass about it yet.

Obviously, that General couldn't give a shit less about what Alaskan elected officials think, since he doesn't answer to them.

Funny that...he does answer to the President, and it seems that GW Bush didn't give a shit, either.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh.....since September 20th, 2007.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:35:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
OP, you MUST take a stencil and paint "Let's not jump to conclusions." on that sign.

That would be too priceless for words, and yea, verily ye should get pics of the finished product.

Now that would be funny.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#35]
You have to register your weapons with the MP's if your in the military anyway. Does it happen?  prolly not.

I would take that shit down and wipe my ass with it. What are they going to do? Fire you?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:43:27 AM EDT
[#36]
wow
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:43:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This is a real sign at FT Benning

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l282/stevil0/Photo_121409_001.jpg  

Yeah. I remember seeing this around January. I'm not sure how long it has been there.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:43:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because the Army is littered with worthless bean counters and lawyers who have nothing more worthwhile to do than come up with ever more ridiculous rules and regulations to govern the real Soldiers who are doing all the dirty work.

All this gun banning shit is probably some field grade asshole coming up with new ways to impress the "old man" and get a few nice bullets on his OER.

Nice try, but this "gun banning shit" is nothing more or less than the military's institutional view of privately-owned weapons.

The military has never been a fan of privately owned weapons, ever since George Washington compared relying on a citizen militia to leaning on a broken staff.  The institutional view of the military is this: the citizens don't need weapons.  All they would do is get themselves into trouble, like robbing stores, leaving them out for kids to play with or God forbid, getting froggy and planning insurrection.  They don't need marksmanship training, the military will do that.  They don't need to defend the country, the military will do that.  They don't need to protect the Constitution, the military will do that.

Now, some flag officers have more supportive or less supportive views of the 2A (any look at the extent to which different posts and bases enforce POW registration and storage requirements will show that), but overall, as an institution, the military has no use whatsoever for firearms in hands other than their own.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The old saying about standing armies and liberty still applies.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You have to register your weapons with the MP's if your in the military anyway. Does it happen?  prolly not.

I would take that shit down and wipe my ass with it. What are they going to do? Fire you?

No, they'll keep you, you'll just be getting paid less.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:47:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The old saying about standing armies and liberty still applies.

Probably why Adams didn't like the idea of giving Hamilton his own private little army to march around with.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:50:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Well, I was really planning on joining the NG or ANG after I get done with college and do my part. Sounds like maybe I should reconsider. The no CCW in AK really chaps my ass. If that can happen in AK, it can certainly happen in OH.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#43]
OST
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Forking retarded.

The military is really worse than most major corporations when it comes to CYA and modern liberal retardedness.  

I'm sure whoever created that will do very well in middle management at Initech when they get out.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:26:51 AM EDT
[#45]
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT?!?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Pretty damn sad.

GM
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Americans don't register their firearms...are you an American?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT?!?

Tyranny.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, they'll keep you, you'll just be getting paid less.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Thank You ETS.

Fuck.

That.

Noise.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top