Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Story behind the punch that broke Geno Smith's jaw in two places:

At the heart of the dispute between former Jets LB IK Enemkpali and quarterback Geno Smith is $600 that Enemkpali believed Smith owed him, per league sources. Enemkpali purchased a plane ticket for Smith to attend his July 11 football camp at Pfugerville High School in Pfugerville, Texas. However, days before the camp, a person close to Smith was killed in a motorcycle accident in Miami and Smith did not attend Enemkpali’s camp, per sources. After Smith did not attend, Enemkpali demanded that the Jets’ quarterback refund him the $600 he allegedly used to purchase a plane ticket. Smith told Enemkpali he would reimburse him the money, but he did not. Enkempali confronted Smith today about the money and the confrontation ended in a punch and broken jaw.

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/1002847749767866

you've gotta be kidding me... $600???

at least they didn't take a page from the wizards' locker room playbook!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

browns has to be on the bottom, then jags, then probably jets and then redskins... ????
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh to be a jets fan... just slightly below being a redskins fan...

Where does it rank in relation to being a Browns fan?

browns has to be on the bottom, then jags, then probably jets and then redskins... ????

Don't forget Oakland.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Redskins and Texans brawl during joint practice.

http://youtu.be/duOC_XCgM8Q

View Quote

Holy SHIT!!!
Vince Wilfork ate the centers LUNCH, I would have fought Wilfork if he owned me like that. A man has to have his pride... that was terrible!
It is rare that you see apro get handled like that. Jesus that was bad.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Don't forget Oakland.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
oh to be a jets fan... just slightly below being a redskins fan...

Where does it rank in relation to being a Browns fan?

Don't forget Oakland.

doh! i knew i forgot someone... browns, jags, raiders, jets redskins... browns being the bottom
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:38:16 AM EDT
[#5]
hard knocks is back... i don't care what team is on i like watching the show... o'brien seems like a mega douche... they are really showcasing jj watt.. i know he's their biggest star and all but damn they are making him to be like fucking superman....

d hall got fucking clowned...

but the texans undercut the fuck out of that skins back and then came in talking a lot of shit, so fuck them, i say the fight's on them even though everyone's already blamed the skins for it....
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Sun King Brewery (which is out of Indianapolis and has it's beer sold at Colts games) appears to still be holding a grudge.

Link Posted: 8/12/2015 12:46:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sun King Brewery (which is out of Indianapolis and has it's beer sold at Colts games) appears to still be holding a grudge.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMElAjQWIAAuL8l.jpg

View Quote

Fuck the colts... Little snitches...
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was slightly surprised that they're favored to win the AFC.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Albert BreerVerified @AlbertBreer

HOLY CRAP ... RT @RapSheet: I can’t stop laughing. The BEST RT @jeffisrael25: Worst sketch of Tom Brady ever created

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was too.  I expect more good things from Luck, but i just don't see them putting it all together.  A division win sure, but going to the SB this year? I don't see it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:49:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

HOLY CRAP ... RT @RapSheet: I can’t stop laughing. The BEST RT @jeffisrael25: Worst sketch of Tom Brady ever created

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMOYcQ4WoAA2MT-.jpg

It's like a mongoloid, asian, zombie Tom Brady.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I was too.  I expect more good things from Luck, but i just don't see them putting it all together.  A division win sure, but going to the SB this year? I don't see it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For the Colts, it's going to come down to the O-line. I don't think they have it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Looks like Brady was a meth addict for half a decade and then got turned into a zombie.

Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

For the Colts, it's going to come down to the O-line. I don't think they have it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

luck will probably have a good season stat wise while throwing a ton of picks and then having to get his team out of jams in the fourth quarter... gore and johnson should be a good help, but in the end i don't see the colts winning the AFC.. i do see everyone blaming everyone else and anything they can on the colts EXCEPT for the NFL golden boy andrew luck who can never do anything wrong and who can never get the blame for a fucking thing.

and fuck the colts again for being snitches... so nice of them to complain like fags when they've had the luxury of having two of the greatest QBs for a franchise for the past 15+ years...
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Looks like Brady was a meth addict for half a decade and then got turned into a zombie.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#abstractartbro
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are easily the biggest favorite in all of football to win their division, so yeah, that's almost a guarantee. With as weak as that division is 9-7 could probably get it done this year.

They should be a fun team to watch, but unless they have some serious breakout stars this season I just don't see it happening either.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 2:12:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm sure team scuffles happen more than ever get reported but it wasn't some little pissy love tap if it broke Smith's jaw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Story behind the punch that broke Geno Smith's jaw in two places:

At the heart of the dispute between former Jets LB IK Enemkpali and quarterback Geno Smith is $600 that Enemkpali believed Smith owed him, per league sources. Enemkpali purchased a plane ticket for Smith to attend his July 11 football camp at Pfugerville High School in Pfugerville, Texas. However, days before the camp, a person close to Smith was killed in a motorcycle accident in Miami and Smith did not attend Enemkpali’s camp, per sources. After Smith did not attend, Enemkpali demanded that the Jets’ quarterback refund him the $600 he allegedly used to purchase a plane ticket. Smith told Enemkpali he would reimburse him the money, but he did not. Enkempali confronted Smith today about the money and the confrontation ended in a punch and broken jaw.

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/1002847749767866

I'm sure team scuffles happen more than ever get reported but it wasn't some little pissy love tap if it broke Smith's jaw.

That's pretty fucking weak for someone to lose 10 weeks of playing time, plus fucking an entire franchise for a season.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Jedi Master Tom Brady

Link Posted: 8/12/2015 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Rex Ryan is such a piece of shit it's hilarious.  I guess he can understand the need to punch Geno Smith in the face tho.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Rex Ryan is such a piece of shit it's hilarious.  I guess he can understand the need to punch Geno Smith in the face tho. http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13425499/buffalo-bills-claim-former-ik-enemkpali-new-york-jets-released-punched-geno-smith

View Quote

meh... football is violent and violent people play it... this isn't the first locker room fight and won't be the last...., i got no problem with Ryan pickingg up enemkpali...
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
meh... football is violent and violent people play it... this isn't the first locker room fight and won't be the last...., i got no problem with Ryan pickingg up enemkpali...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Rex Ryan is such a piece of shit it's hilarious.  I guess he can understand the need to punch Geno Smith in the face tho. http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13425499/buffalo-bills-claim-former-ik-enemkpali-new-york-jets-released-punched-geno-smith

I guess since the Bills don't have a starting QB they have no worries.

Link Posted: 8/12/2015 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no shit... everyone's like 'the bills will kick ass! the vikings will kick ass! the jets will kick ass' but they have no damn proven qb! that's kind of important these days...
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe it's a tuff ness test? Whoever can make it through camp without enemkpali sidelining them gets the start.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:41:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

no shit... everyone's like 'the bills will kick ass! the vikings will kick ass! the jets will kick ass' but they have no damn proven qb! that's kind of important these days...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been saying it since last year.  I DO think the Bills are very close to kicking ass.  I've said before, the Bills are a good QB away from being a scary team.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 2:52:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I've been saying it since last year.  I DO think the Bills are very close to kicking ass.  I've said before, the Bills are a good QB away from being a scary team.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that may be true, but you never know until that good qb steps in... i'd put money that brady, rodgers, or another true franchise qb could be put on almost any teams and at least get them to .500 if not get most to the playoffs...
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#27]
The Colts have agreed to a contract extension with T.Y. Hilton.  It's a five year deal for $65M with $39M guaranteed.

Not a good deal for the Colts, IMHO.

Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The Colts have agreed to a contract extension with T.Y. Hilton.  It's a five year deal for $65M with $39M guaranteed.

View Quote

You think so?  I thought it was a solid deal.  

He's easily a top-10 receiver.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I do.  A lot of Colts fans aren't too happy about it either because they realize with Luck's contract coming up the passing game is not what they need to be throwing money at right now.  Especially when it's $39M guaranteed for one player (which is almost double the amount anyone else on the Colts is making).

Hilton might be a top 10 receiver, but this contract pays him like he's a top 5.  Which he isn't, IMO.  Dez Bryant is arguable the best receiver in the NFL and Hilton's contract puts him making just $1M less a year than him.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

#abstractartbro
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

#abstractartbro

#seattlefanartist
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah, I do.  A lot of Colts fans aren't too happy about it either because they realize with Luck's contract coming up the passing game is not what they need to be throwing money at right now.  Especially when it's $39M guaranteed for one player (which is almost double the amount anyone else on the Colts is making).

Hilton might be a top 10 receiver, but this contract pays him like he's a top 5.  Which he isn't, IMO.  Dez Bryant is arguable the best receiver in the NFL and Hilton's contract puts him making just $1M less a year than him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly what I came to post.

Hilton will have to play like a top 3 WR to make this contract worthwhile.

OTOH, I guess you could say this makes Dez's contract a steal
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vikings are a lot closer than people realize.  They won't kick ass, but I think they're on decent ground.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#33]
The best logos in American sports:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1777721_The_Best_Logos_in_American_Sports.html

No surprise who #1 is.

Link Posted: 8/13/2015 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No surprise who #1 is.

View Quote

dallas one and warriors two tells me all i need to know about that list...
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Vikings are a lot closer than people realize.  They won't kick ass, but I think they're on decent ground.
View Quote

Not according to their coach Mike Zimmer who was royally pissed off at what he saw at practice today.  So much so that he ended it early.  When he was asked what he didn't like about what he saw he replied "everything."

He also added "they'd better get better quick, or there's going to be a lot of heck going on."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13430464/mike-zimmer-minnesota-vikings-ends-practice-early-rips-players

Link Posted: 8/13/2015 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what's the breakdown of the ty contract?  is he getting the most of the guaranteed money this season and next?
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No surprise who #1 is.

After the inevitable name change in a few more years maybe the Redskins logo will make the throwback list.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 3:51:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

After the inevitable name change in a few more years maybe the Redskins logo will make the throwback list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No surprise who #1 is.

snyder wants to move the team back into DC and rumor is nfl will only allow that if he changes the name.... such stupid bullshit.... but whatever...

i can honestly see why dallas is number one being a pretty classic symbol and one of the most popular franchises around the world, but really that list is dildos... no one has given a shit about the warriors until this year and now they have the second best logo in all of sports???? yeah... ok....
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 5:09:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not according to their coach Mike Zimmer who was royally pissed off at what he saw at practice today.  So much so that he ended it early.  When he was asked what he didn't like about what he saw he replied "everything."

He also added "they'd better get better quick, or there's going to be a lot of heck going on."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13430464/mike-zimmer-minnesota-vikings-ends-practice-early-rips-players

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's nice finally having a coach that'll yell at the team and try light a fire under their asses.(even if he's terrible at cussing ) Frazier would've taken them out for ice cream. I like what Zimmer's doing, I just hope they can make it all come together.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Belichick saying more in this trailer than in a whole season of press conferences

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#42]
The Chargers gave Rivers a four year extension.  The deal is worth $83.25M with $65M of it guaranteed.

The $65M is the most of any current contract.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13447352/philip-rivers-san-diego-chargers-agree-terms-extension

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Jameis Winston had a pretty rough debut.  It's amazing his head remained attached to his body after this play.

He did make a couple of nice plays later on though.

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Chase Daniel looked great last night.

Too bad Alex Smith played like... Alex Smith.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Tim Tebow is currently the top story at ESPN.com after being the third Eagles QB to play in their first preseason game going 6 for 12 passing for 69 yards, 0 TD's, and 0 INTs.  He also had 15 yards rushing on 4 carries with a TD.

ESPN is doubtlessly praying that Tebow-mania is reborn.

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#46]
The Niners are going to suck this year.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Tim Tebow is currently the top story at ESPN.com after being the third Eagles QB to play in their first preseason game going 6 for 12 passing for 69 yards, 0 TD's, and 0 INTs.  He also had 15 yards rushing on 4 carries with a TD.

View Quote

Is ESPN trying to bury their hate for Tebow ?

IIRC they dumped on him relentlessly a few years ago.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The Niners are going to suck this year.
View Quote

Unfortunately, the Bears are probably not going to be any better. With their 1st round deep threat potentially out for the season and the first team defense not looking so hot, combined with at tough schedule, this will be a long season to watch.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some individuals at ESPN did, but as a whole they just love talking about him.

I can't say I blame them as their goal is to have high ratings and Tebow is ratings gold.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I can't say I blame them as their goal is to have high ratings and Tebow is ratings gold.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From a network perspective, there is no bad Tebow coverage.

Page / 211
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top