Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 211
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Unfortunately, the Bears are probably not going to be any better. With their 1st round deep threat potentially out for the season and the first team defense not looking so hot, combined with at tough schedule, this will be a long season to watch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Niners are going to suck this year.

Unfortunately, the Bears are probably not going to be any better. With their 1st round deep threat potentially out for the season and the first team defense not looking so hot, combined with at tough schedule, this will be a long season to watch.

Yep this is going to be a long season.

I was excited for Kevin White too.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Niners are going to suck this year.

I think Bears fans will be surprised by Eddie Royal.  He's a beast in a compact package.  When he came out of the draft he was benching more than some O-linemen, and thus he gets off press coverage with ease.  His short-area quickness is exceptional.  He had a great year in San Diego last year, and I think he'll do really well in Gase's offense.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:17:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

From a network perspective, there is no bad Tebow coverage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tim Tebow is currently the top story at ESPN.com after being the third Eagles QB to play in their first preseason game going 6 for 12 passing for 69 yards, 0 TD's, and 0 INTs.  He also had 15 yards rushing on 4 carries with a TD.

ESPN is doubtlessly praying that Tebow-mania is reborn.

Is ESPN trying to bury their hate for Tebow ?

IIRC they dumped on him relentlessly a few years ago.

Some individuals at ESPN did, but as a whole they just love talking about him.

I can't say I blame them as their goal is to have high ratings and Tebow is ratings gold.

From a network perspective, there is no bad Tebow coverage.

Exactly.

7+ hours later and "Tebow cheered, dives for TD in Eagles debut" is currently still one of the top two stories on the ESPN.com homepage.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:19:56 AM EDT
[#4]
The Redskins are looking at getting a new stadium so, of course, the name issue is coming up again.

Should be interesting to see what happens when the Redskins are told "change your name and you'll get a new stadium" and they reply "give us a new stadium or we'll move to a city that will."

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the Redskins might want to check RG3 for head trauma.

I feel like I'm the best quarterback in the league, and I have to go out and show that.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I feel like I'm the best quarterback in the league, and I have to go out and show that.

He can feel whatever he wants, to me he's one step above Johnny football and a few below tebow.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He can feel whatever he wants, to me he's one step above Johnny football and a few below tebow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You forgot to add your sarcastic smiley.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still remember those morons trashing the Colts for taking Luck instead of RGKnee.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 11:56:34 PM EDT
[#10]

And people in hell want ice water.

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:32:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm looking forward to this season just to see how certain teams will do after big changes like Bills, Eagles and Rams.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:42:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Tim Tebow is currently the top story at ESPN.com after being the third Eagles QB to play in their first preseason game going 6 for 12 passing for 69 yards, 0 TD's, and 0 INTs.  He also had 15 yards rushing on 4 carries with a TD.

ESPN is doubtlessly praying that Tebow-mania is reborn.

View Quote

i fucking can't stand espn
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:46:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Redskins are looking at getting a new stadium so, of course, the name issue is coming up again.

Should be interesting to see what happens when the Redskins are told "change your name and you'll get a new stadium" and they reply "give us a new stadium or we'll move to a city that will."

View Quote

i mentioned that earlier in the thread.. i doubt snyder moves the team... you never know, though...

now i know i'm the lone skins fan here, but that 'best qb' quote has been taken out of context...

'Any athlete at any level, if they concede to someone else they're not the top competitor, they're not trying to be the best that they can be. There's guys in the league that have done way more than me. But I still view myself as the best because that's what I work toward every single day.'
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#14]

I hope he gets it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

i mentioned that earlier in the thread.. i doubt snyder moves the team... you never know, though...

now i know i'm the lone skins fan here, but that 'best qb' quote has been taken out of context...

'Any athlete at any level, if they concede to someone else they're not the top competitor, they're not trying to be the best that they can be. There's guys in the league that have done way more than me. But I still view myself as the best because that's what I work toward every single day.'
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he has a choice between changing the name and getting a new stadium or moving and getting a new stadium; I think the team will move.

I don't think it was taken out of context.  He thinks he's the best QB in the NFL.  Kind of funny when he might not even be the best QB on his own team.  Regardless, he thinks QB's have to say that kind of stuff otherwise "they're not trying to be the best that they can be' and yet I don't recall Brady or Rodgers saying stuff like that.  

Maybe they just aren't "trying to be the best that they can be" like the "best QB in the league" is.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I hope he gets it.
View All Quotes

Except maybe the Colts I think most fans of other NFL teams hope he gets it.  Especially Cowboys, Eagles, and Redskins fans.

If, on average, over $22M of your payroll each season is being spent on an average QB it's almost certainly going to cripple your team.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:52:20 AM EDT
[#17]
RG3... the BEST a QB can ever be!!!

Cripes... some of these guys need to just shut their pie holes and let their PLAY do all the talking. You'd think that they'd figure it out by now... playing in the same league and same era as guys like Manning, Brady, and Rodgers. But I guess when your play does NOT do all of the talking, then you try to make up the difference with your mouth.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sarcasm

I call him RG1.5 (knee). I wouldn't give 2 shits about him other than he's always running his mouth about "how good he is". Real talented players don't need to run their mouth. He needs to learn to stfu and play finish a season.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:58:50 PM EDT
[#19]
The moment I saw RG3 step onto the field with his little chicken legs, I knew he wouldn't last.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The moment I saw RG3 step onto the field with his little chicken legs, I knew he wouldn't last.
View Quote

While he was still 23 years old he already had a torn ACL twice and a torn LCL once.  Not exactly a recipe for longevity for a running QB.

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

While he was still 23 years old he already had a torn ACL twice and a torn LCL once.  Not exactly a recipe for longevity for a running QB.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

he's gonna have to learn to really operate from the pocket.. the running qb shit is pretty much done.. especially for him... he's got an arm.. we'll see, i hope he can go back to ROY form when he did use his legs but he also used his arm well, too

who knows, we'll see.. most have written him off, i still have hope.. no way is cousins or mccoy better, though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

he's gonna have to learn to really operate from the pocket.. the running qb shit is pretty much done.. especially for him... he's got an arm.. we'll see, i hope he can go back to ROY form when he did use his legs but he also used his arm well, too

who knows, we'll see.. most have written him off, i still have hope.. no way is cousins or mccoy better, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The running shit comes in cycles I think.  Much like Kordell Stewart and others over the last 10-15 years.  Some new flash like RG3 will catch a few teams off guard for half a season, DC's make adjustments and QBs start getting their assholes turned inside out.  Then it calms down to pocket passers across the board.  Then in another few years there'll be a new RG3 who will have success for a few games and DC's will make proper adjustments again.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#24]

"LA Rams! LA Rams! LA Rams!"  
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like all the Bills running backs are injured.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Looks like all the Bills running backs are injured.
View Quote
awww that's too bad

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:34:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Dez Bryant takes fist to face, sounds off on Twitter

The Rams-Cowboys rumble in Oxnard on Tuesday included Dallas receiver Dez Bryant taking a fist to the face, proving yet again that no NFL player ever should enter a fight without a helmet.

Bryant, who apparently has seen the social-media reaction to taking knuckles to the nose, sounded off on Twitter.

“I wish I would have cheap shot his ass then all of y’all would have seen the difference,” Bryant said. “You can’t even put that sh-t on world star lol.” (The tweet already has been deleted.)

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:51:58 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Rams-Cowboys rumble in Oxnard on Tuesday included Dallas receiver Dez Bryant taking a fist to the face, proving yet again that no NFL player ever should enter a fight without a helmet.

Bryant, who apparently has seen the social-media reaction to taking knuckles to the nose, sounded off on Twitter.

"I wish I would have cheap shot his ass then all of y’all would have seen the difference,” Bryant said. "You can’t even put that sh-t on world star lol.” (The tweet already has been deleted.)

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:42:40 AM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"I wish I would have cheap shot his ass then all of y’all would have seen the difference,” Bryant said. "You can’t even put that sh-t on world star lol.” (The tweet already has been deleted.)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMvRLIcWEAAn3co.jpg

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:26:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Kelvin Benjamin goes down with non-contact knee injury.  Carted off.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote
Louis Delmas carted off as well.

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Eli is now claiming he never said that to anyone.

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 6:31:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Out for the season, brutal.  Funchess is gonna have to step up to the plate.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sucks.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder why they bothered to come out so quick earlier and call it just a 'sprain', when a few hours later confirms it's a worse case scenario.  From the video the way he just collapsed and grabbed it, you knew it wasn't going to be good.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Seattle's Pro Bowl safety Kam Chancellor is saying he is not going to play until the Seahawks adjust his contract.

Taking everything into account (the contracts they just gave to Wilson and Wagner, Chancellor's current contract, how much teams can fine players for missing training camp, Schneider's comments, etc.) I wouldn't be that surprised if Chancellor has played his last down for the Seahawks.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:00:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speaking of RG3's heath concerns: he had to leave tonight's game against the Lions after suffering a concussion as well as a stinger in his shoulder.

What makes no sense to me is why Jay Gruden left him in as long as he did. He only had 8 drop backs, but was hit 6 times and sacked 3 times.

The other team was just teeing off on his starting QB with serious injury issues and Gruden leaves him in for a preseason game to be used as a tackling dummy.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:03:37 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Speaking of RG3's heath concerns: he had to leave tonight's game against the Lions after suffering a concussion as well as a stinger in his shoulder.

What makes no sense to me is why Jay Gruden left him in as long as he did. He only had 8 drop backs, but was hit 6 times and sacked 3 times.

The other team was just teeing off on his starting QB with serious injury issues and Gruden leaves him in for a preseason game to be used as a tackling dummy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I almost feel bad for Washington. they gave up so much to draft RG3... what can you do tho? he's gonna be one of the biggest busts in NFL history.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:38:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

good thing we shored up that o-line... what a bunch of fucking morons.. i'm already over this season...
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:40:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I almost feel bad for Washington. they gave up so much to draft RG3... what can you do tho? he's gonna be one of the biggest busts in NFL history.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nothing now... hope he gets some magic back, hope the line gives him more than 2 seconds in the pocket... doesn't matter, redskins are a fucking joke and will be for a minute.. i  know it's just preseason but fuck man this is stacking up to be another shit show of a season
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:13:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Except maybe the Colts I think most fans of other NFL teams hope he gets it.  Especially Cowboys, Eagles, and Redskins fans.

If, on average, over $22M of your payroll each season is being spent on an average QB it's almost certainly going to cripple your team.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I hope Eli gets the big check and Luck gets even more than that. While that is happening, Mr team friendly contract can get an even better supporting cast.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

good thing we shored up that o-line... what a bunch of fucking morons.. i'm already over this season...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Here's the deal RG..."

"Thanks coach"

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Here's the deal RG..."
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CM52eqwUsAAdVgs.jpg

"Thanks coach"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CM7ul3SWoAI8-pf.jpg

i think he'll have success, i just don't think it'll come with the redskins.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

i think he'll have success, i just don't think it'll come with the redskins NFL.
View Quote

FIFY.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Seattle's Pro Bowl safety Kam Chancellor is saying he is not going to play until the Seahawks adjust his contract.

Taking everything into account (the contracts they just gave to Wilson and Wagner, Chancellor's current contract, how much teams can fine players for missing training camp, Schneider's comments, etc.) I wouldn't be that surprised if Chancellor has played his last down for the Seahawks.

View Quote
Good. Ungrateful POS. I hate these spoiled brats who want to adjust their contracts in the middle of them. So many great players have played a full season or more on ridiculously low-priced contracts, and played to their fullest ability. And then the prima donnas pout, sit-out camps, etc. Screw them. Get your contract done when you've finished your last, and then sack the hell up and PLAY the game you're being paid WELL to play!
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Good. Ungrateful POS. I hate these spoiled brats who want to adjust their contracts in the middle of them. So many great players have played a full season or more on ridiculously low-priced contracts, and played to their fullest ability. And then the prima donnas pout, sit-out camps, etc. Screw them. Get your contract done when you've finished your last, and then sack the hell up and PLAY the game you're being paid WELL to play!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's an a-hole. That's the downside of back to back SB's. Every dickhead expects to be paid top dollar.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jay wants him out as soon as possible.  Seems simple enough to me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 4:32:56 PM EDT
[#49]

lol awesome
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Kind of a Kung Fury rip-off, no?
Page / 211
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top