Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 211
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Judge says no vote needed on St. Louis stadium funding

ST. LOUIS • The city does not need voter approval before spending tax dollars on a riverfront stadium, a judge ruled Monday, jumping another hurdle in the race to keep the National Football League in St. Louis.

Circuit Court Judge Thomas Frawley declared invalid the city ordinance requiring a public vote, calling sections “too vague to be enforced.” The law has so many “uncertainties,” he wrote in his ruling, “their sum makes a task for us which at best could be only guesswork.”

Moreover, Frawley ruled, the placement of the new stadium, along the riverfront just north of downtown, does not break a state law requiring that the building be “adjacent” to the convention center. It is close enough, he said.

“Adjacent,” Frawley wrote, “has commonly been interpreted by Missouri courts to mean ‘near or close at hand’?” — and not necessarily, he continued, “touching each other.”

Proponents quietly celebrated the victory. Dave Peacock, one of Gov. Jay Nixon’s stadium task force members, praised the legal team as “extraordinary” and called for “everyone in the St. Louis region” to rally behind the stadium effort.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#2]
http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/16144/dolphins-quarterback-ryan-tannehill-lights-up-sundays-practice

Tannehill is hitting the deep ball this training camp. If he keeps it up he's going to have a hell of a year.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wonder if he wore a seachickens luchador mask when he was putting Russell's wife in the Boston Crab.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Oh shit! Is that why Wilson split on her???

Or was it because he wanted some strange and being a 'man of Jesus' he didn't want to cheat and he has to be married to get some??
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#4]
The Eagles were so impressed with rookie cornerback JaCorey Shepherd that they traded Brandon Boykin to the Steelers last week.

A few days later Shepherd tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and will miss the 2015 season.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Eagles were so impressed with rookie cornerback JaCorey Shepherd that they traded Brandon Boykin to the Steelers last week.

A few days later Shepherd tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and will miss the 2015 season.

View Quote

Yep thats going to hurt
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep thats going to hurt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep thats going to hurt

Hey, at least they got a fifth rounder for one of the league's best slot corners.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Or was it because he wanted some strange and being a 'man of Jesus' he didn't want to cheat and he has to be married to get some??
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That was the rumor.  If it did go down like that, Tate could've just been helping Wilson avoid having to split his upcoming windfall.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That was the rumor.  If it did go down like that, Tate could've just been helping Wilson avoid giving up half of his upcoming windfall.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was the rumor.  If it did go down like that, Tate could've just been helping Wilson avoid giving up half of his upcoming windfall.

Yeah he was banging Wilson's wife, that's why he got traded.  Don't keep that around your team, especially when it involves your starting QB.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah he was banging Wilson's wife, that's why he got traded.  Don't keep that around your team, especially when it involves your starting QB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

guess lil russell needs to get some more practice, know what i mean!?!?!?!?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

i really really really really really REALLY hope all this bullshit chip kelly does backfires in his fucking face and the eagles end up 0-16...
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

i really really really really really REALLY hope all this bullshit chip kelly does backfires in his fucking face and the eagles end up 0-16...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He seems to be putting a lot of faith and money in some seriously injury prone players.  That usually isn't a recipe for success.

The O/U on the Eagles win total this season is 9.5.  The under looks pretty good.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:50:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He seems to be putting a lot of faith and money in some seriously injury prone players.  That usually isn't a recipe for success.

The O/U on the Eagles win total this season is 9.5.  The under looks pretty good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Proof is in the pudding.  I'm not a big numbers or statistics or odds guy.  

I want the Eagles to succeed just because I like the guts Chip Kelly has.  Maybe he's foolish and crazy but hell, maybe it'll work.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 2:38:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I want the Eagles to succeed just because I like the guts Chip Kelly has.  Maybe he's foolish and crazy but hell, maybe it'll work.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You want to make a friendly wager on how many games the Eagles win?  You get over 9.5 and I get under?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 2:54:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You want to make a friendly wager on how many games the Eagles win?  You get over 9.5 and I get under?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, that's tough.  Like I said, I WANT to see them pull off something special, but in my mind it's either going to be epic or backfire.  I can see either a 12-4 or 4-12 type scenario playing out as opposed to an 8-8 season.  But i'll take your 9.5.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 2:58:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Man, that's tough.  Like I said, I WANT to see them pull off something special, but in my mind it's either going to be epic or backfire.  I can see either a 12-4 or 4-12 type scenario playing out as opposed to an 8-8 season.  But i'll take your 9.5.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you live in a state where you can buy/ship 30 round mags?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:00:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was going to suggest a Bronze.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:06:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can do that.

If the Eagles win more than 9.5 regular season games then I buy you a one year Bronze membership.

If the Eagles win less than 9.5 regular season games then you buy me a one year Bronze membership.

Deal?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:09:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

We can do that.

If the Eagles win more than 9.5 regular season games then I buy you a one year Bronze membership.

If the Eagles win less than 9.5 regular season games then you buy me a one year Bronze membership.

Deal?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can do that.

Deal?

Done.  I'm just as crazy as Chip Kelly apparently.  Either I'll kill it or have egg on my face.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:14:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Done.  I'm just as crazy as Chip Kelly apparently.  Either I'll kill it or have egg on my face.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can do that.

Deal?

Just one more reason for me to root against the eagles.

I think it's probably going to come down to how healthy Bradford and Murray can remain.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:40:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I think it's probably going to come down to how healthy Bradford and Murray can remain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can do that.

Deal?

Damn---been a Die Hard eagles fans since I was 9, and I wouldn't place any form of bet on them this year. I hope it works, but way to many changes, way too quickly, with way to many fragile pieces.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Better stick with that run game

Sal Capaccio @SalSports

Sammy Watkins and Percy Harvin just collided across the middle. Harvin got the worst of it. Got checked out. Appears ok.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:14:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Adam Schefter ?@AdamSchefter

Eagles fans have started a http://Change.org  petition asking for Pope Francis to bless the knees of Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#24]
The Texans will have one of the best defenses in the NFL, but the offense will not be able to hold the ball, much less score points.
Sub .500 season, here we come!  
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sal Capaccio @SalSports

Sammy Watkins and Percy Harvin just collided across the middle. Harvin got the worst of it. Got checked out. Appears ok.
Lol

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#26]
There are reports on twitter that one of the Jets linebackers sucker punched Geno Smith and broke his jaw. Who is the back up QB over there?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There are reports on twitter that one of the Jets linebackers sucker punched Geno Smith and broke his jaw. Who is the back up QB over there?
View Quote

That was a bad career move.

'Roids are bad, m'kay?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The Texans will have one of the best defenses in the NFL, but the offense will not be able to hold the ball, much less score points.
Sub .500 season, here we come!  
View Quote

I have a bet going with a huge Texans homer on who will win more games this season: the Texans or the Cowboys.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:52:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Smith suffered a broken jaw Tuesday morning and will be out for 6-to-10 weeks, ESPN's Rich Cimini reports.
Spin: Smith was sucker-punched by in the locker room by linebacker Ikemefuna Enemkpali, who was promptly and unsurprisingly released by the team.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

'Roids are bad, m'kay?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

'Roids are bad, m'kay?

No kidding. Geno might not be Peyton Manning, but you don't sucker punch the starting QB no matter how bad he stinks.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ryan Fitzpatrick gets to start again!
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fitzmagic
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Oh, you silly Jets
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Oh, you silly Jets
View Quote

Looks like Mike Vick might get one more crack at a starting gig.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No kidding. Geno might not be Peyton Manning, but you don't sucker punch the starting QB no matter how bad he stinks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

'Roids are bad, m'kay?

I somehow think that a Bears player could get away with punching Jay Cutler.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh shit. I almost pissed myself when I saw that story!!!! hahahahaha

You never know, he may have saved the Jets season hahaha.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

'Roids are bad, m'kay?

This guy?  Naaaah!
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Todd Bowles is on ESPN right now and he is really laid back about the incident. Maybe he thinks the Jets got helped out today but does not want to admit it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

'Roids are bad, m'kay?

It's not like he'd care.

GO BEARS
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:52:04 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Todd Bowles is on ESPN right now and he is really laid back about the incident. Maybe he thinks the Jets got helped out today but does not want to admit it.
View Quote
Meh, that's just the way Bowles carries himself. I doubt he wants to go into the season with Fitz and Bryce Petty. Even if Fitz plays better than Geno would, he's not the future of the team. Geno may not be either, but he's young and was having a very good camp.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Go Vikings! We lead in total number of arrests over a given period of time! You got to love em for something!

OBTW Geno Smith was just heard to say at his latest presser after getting his jaw broken, " Mmmph, gugler, mmferk, nnnooo!"

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#43]
oh to be a jets fan... just slightly below being a redskins fan...
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where does it rank in relation to being a Browns fan?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/16144/dolphins-quarterback-ryan-tannehill-lights-up-sundays-practice

Tannehill is hitting the deep ball this training camp. If he keeps it up he's going to have a hell of a year.
View Quote

Until Tom Brady shuts him down
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can do that.

Deal?

Sam Bradford gets hurt while getting dressed.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Story behind the punch that broke Geno Smith's jaw in two places:

At the heart of the dispute between former Jets LB IK Enemkpali and quarterback Geno Smith is $600 that Enemkpali believed Smith owed him, per league sources. Enemkpali purchased a plane ticket for Smith to attend his July 11 football camp at Pfugerville High School in Pfugerville, Texas. However, days before the camp, a person close to Smith was killed in a motorcycle accident in Miami and Smith did not attend Enemkpali’s camp, per sources. After Smith did not attend, Enemkpali demanded that the Jets’ quarterback refund him the $600 he allegedly used to purchase a plane ticket. Smith told Enemkpali he would reimburse him the money, but he did not. Enkempali confronted Smith today about the money and the confrontation ended in a punch and broken jaw.
View Quote

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/1002847749767866
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can do that.

Deal?

Sam Bradford tore his rotator cuff while wiping his ass this morning.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Story behind the punch that broke Geno Smith's jaw in two places:

At the heart of the dispute between former Jets LB IK Enemkpali and quarterback Geno Smith is $600 that Enemkpali believed Smith owed him, per league sources. Enemkpali purchased a plane ticket for Smith to attend his July 11 football camp at Pfugerville High School in Pfugerville, Texas. However, days before the camp, a person close to Smith was killed in a motorcycle accident in Miami and Smith did not attend Enemkpali’s camp, per sources. After Smith did not attend, Enemkpali demanded that the Jets’ quarterback refund him the $600 he allegedly used to purchase a plane ticket. Smith told Enemkpali he would reimburse him the money, but he did not. Enkempali confronted Smith today about the money and the confrontation ended in a punch and broken jaw.

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/1002847749767866

I'm sure team scuffles happen more than ever get reported but it wasn't some little pissy love tap if it broke Smith's jaw.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

browns has to be on the bottom, then jags, then probably jets and then redskins... ????
Page / 211
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top