Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 25
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice win today. Now, if you want to impress me, take care of the Giants and Eagles. Cautiously optimistic.
View Quote

The giants aren't looking too good, not tonight anyway.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:16:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Agreed. We will find out what type of team this is in the next month or so. But looking at their remaining games, there is no reason barring an injury they cant go 11-5, 12-4.

No one will be happier than me if I am wrong about predicting them to go 6-10.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice win today. Now, if you want to impress me, take care of the Giants and Eagles. Cautiously optimistic.

Agreed. We will find out what type of team this is in the next month or so. But looking at their remaining games, there is no reason barring an injury they cant go 11-5, 12-4.

No one will be happier than me if I am wrong about predicting them to go 6-10.

lol that was my prediction as well.  I'll more than happily eat crow after 2 more wins.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:16:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

see what happens when we keep the ball away from Romo??
View Quote

this sentiment has been stated by a number of people...who obviously haven't been paying attention.  for the first time in his career, he is actually getting help from the rest of the team--DAL has finally achieved a 50/50 run/pass split.

today:  down by 3 late in the 4th quarter, 3rd and 20.  romo evades a free pass rusher, rolls to avoid another rusher, and throws a 23yd strike.  250 yards, 2 TDs, 110 QBR.

last week:  romo evades a free JJ watt, and throws a 47yd TD.  on 3rd and 8 in OT, he takes a huge hit from a free blitzer in order to deliver a 37yd strike to bryant.  finishes with 324 yards and 2 TD passes.  98 QBR.

the week before:  3 TD passes.  137 QBR.

the week before:  down by 4 late in the 4th--romo hits williams for the go-ahead score.

since the 1st half of game 1, romo has completed >70% of his passes, thrown 10 TDs to 2 INTs, and led 2 4th quarter comebacks.  oh yeah...and the cowboys are the best in the league at 3rd down conversions, at 56% to the league average of 42%.  almost all of those conversions have been passes.

"keep the ball away from romo".

whatever.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:20:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

this sentiment has been stated by a number of people...who obviously haven't been paying attention.  for the first time in his career, he is actually getting help from the rest of the team--

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this sentiment has been stated by a number of people...who obviously haven't been paying attention.  for the first time in his career, he is actually getting help from the rest of the team--

How old are you?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#7]
6-1 haters
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:33:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How old are you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How old are you?

started following the cowboys during the staubach era.

you?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How old are you?

you?

Did you sleep through the 2007 season?  Romo had 6 other pro bowlers around him on offense.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:40:21 PM EDT
[#10]
It just keeps getting better.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Was there at the game today. Awesome crowd very loud at times and of course good win. This team if they keep it going is a hard team to beat. I'm liking what I see .
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Did you sleep through the 2007 season?  Romo had 6 other pro bowlers around him on offense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How old are you?

you?

It's clear you don't understand the game of football. 6 pro bowlers aren't the whole team . It is indeed a team game.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's clear you don't understand the game of football.
View Quote

Tell me exactly what I'm not understanding

the 6 pro bowlers I mentioned were just the offense, shall i list the defense too?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not even going to bother. Not worth my time.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

the pro bowl is a popularity contest--those exact same guys were considered to be mediocre in 2006.  the only difference was romo starting instead of bledsoe starting.

IOW, romo is the reason that the rest of the team looked good.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:48:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought so.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:55:39 PM EDT
[#17]
First three pages of this thread.  LOL.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:02:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
First three pages of this thread.  LOL.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:55:46 AM EDT
[#19]
We dem boys.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

this sentiment has been stated by a number of people...who obviously haven't been paying attention.  for the first time in his career, he is actually getting help from the rest of the team--DAL has finally achieved a 50/50 run/pass split.

today:  down by 3 late in the 4th quarter, 3rd and 20.  romo evades a free pass rusher, rolls to avoid another rusher, and throws a 23yd strike.  250 yards, 2 TDs, 110 QBR.

last week:  romo evades a free JJ watt, and throws a 47yd TD.  on 3rd and 8 in OT, he takes a huge hit from a free blitzer in order to deliver a 37yd strike to bryant.  finishes with 324 yards and 2 TD passes.  98 QBR.

the week before:  down by 4 late in the 4th--romo hits williams for the go-ahead score.

since the 1st half of game 1, romo has completed >70% of his passes, thrown 10 TDs to 2 INTs, and led 2 4th quarter comebacks.  oh yeah...and the cowboys are the best in the league at 3rd down conversions, at 56% to the league average of 42%.  almost all of those conversions have been passes.

whatever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

whatever.

I think you mean "passer rating" and not "QBR" on some of those states because QBR only goes up to 100, but yeah, Romo has been very, very good so far this season.

He has the highest QBR in the 2nd half, highest QBR on 3rd downs, and 3rd highest QBR overall.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I think you mean "passer rating" and not "QBR" on some of those states because QBR only goes up to 100, but yeah, Romo has been very, very good so far this season.

He has the highest QBR in the 2nd half, highest QBR on 3rd downs, and 3rd highest QBR overall.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

you're right.  passer rating goes up to 156.7 or something like that.  QBR was ESPN's new formula, intended to provide a true ratio scale.

my mistake.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

you're right.  passer rating goes up to 156.7 or something like that.  QBR was ESPN's new formula, intended to provide a true ratio scale.

my mistake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my mistake.

Personally I prefer QBR as it is much more indicative of how good a QB is playing because it takes into account everything.

A 9 yard pass on 3rd and 8 late in the 4th quarter of a tie game counts more than a 9 yard pass on the very first play of the game.

Whereas passer rating is simply number of completions, completion percentage, TD's, INTs, etc and doesn't take into account the situation at all.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#24]

I have joked all year that having him on the practice squad is the reason we have done so well this year. The good karma by signing him and all.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#25]
How 'bout them Cowboys!

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#26]
I am interested to see how Colt McCoy does in the big league.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

He had some nice wins in Cleveland (beat New England and New Orleans)... I never thought he would make a solid starter, but he might make an excellent career backup.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
He had some nice wins in Cleveland (beat New England and New Orleans)... I never thought he would make a solid starter, but he might make an excellent career backup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

i was rooting for the guy when he came out of college, but not tonight...
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

He'll have the benefit of nobody expecting him to play well in a game that no one expects his team to win.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

He'll have the benefit of nobody expecting him to play well in a game that no one expects his team to win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is a local boy from Graham.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#31]
I guess we get to see how weeden does now...
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote

Damn, no one deserves Weeden.  It's like getting stuck with Fitzpatrick.

Hopefully Romo isn't all that hurt.  As much as I like to give Cowboys fans shit they certainly don't deserve this.  

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not bad so far.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not bad so far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not bad so far.

Yeah he did better than I expected. Romo is back now.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:17:04 PM EDT
[#35]
FUCK.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:51:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
FUCK.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm just glad Romo APPEARS to be ok.

Winning would have been nice, but when he went down I instantly thought the season was over.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:08:59 AM EDT
[#38]
I smell a 9-7 season coming. Next week is a loss, hopefully take 1 of 2 from the Eagles, a very losable game at Chicago, never can expect to sweep the Giants (especially in NY)...

This isn't looking good.

ETA: Forgot about the Colts. Another tough game.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:20:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I smell a 9-7 season coming. Next week is a loss, hopefully take 1 of 2 from the Eagles, a very losable game at Chicago, never can expect to sweep the Giants (especially in NY)...

This isn't looking good.

View Quote

November is coming.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:21:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Romo shouldnt have been allowed back in.  You could see he was hurting, and not nearly as fluid or mobile.  I'd have rather taken my chances with Weeden for the rest of the game, even if it meant they would probably lose.  Saving Romo for a another day was more important than that game.

The offensive line got exposed finally.  I figured it would be a matter of time.  They dont adjust to different blitz packages, and not knowing if they will come and from where.

The defense got caught again.  I hate to use the word again, but they were exposed.  Church, Moore, and Wilcox are not NFL caliber players, much less starters.  Too many bad and missed tackles.  Too many blown coverages.  Honestly I expected to DeShaun Jackson to have a much bigger game.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:24:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

November is coming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't looking good.

November is coming.

<--- Nods knowingly
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:25:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

November is coming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't looking good.

November is coming.

Good.  

Romo is 26-6 with a 105.5 passer rating in November.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:25:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Romo lost the game by coming back in.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:28:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Good.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't looking good.

November is coming.

Good.  

Unfortunately it's not just about Romo. 6 of their last 8 games are coin flip games and we just saw what the Redskins can do so we can't even consider that one a gimme.

9-7 is a real possibility.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:31:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Bring it next week!!!

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:31:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Unfortunately it's not just about Romo. 6 of their last 8 games are coin flip games and we just saw what the Redskins can do so we can't even consider that one a gimme.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't looking good.

November is coming.

Good.  

Simply pointing out Rooster is confused about the Cowboys and November.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:33:50 AM EDT
[#47]
The OT play calling was retarded, they have one of the best running attacks, and they threw it twice trying to pick up 4 yards.

Romo should have stayed out after the injury as well, Wheedon was doing well.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:35:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Maybe they can just hand the ball off every play to Murray.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:46:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

So he can drop it?

Somebody give him enough stickum to make it look like he jacked off an elephant.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:48:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So he can drop it?

Somebody give him enough stickum to make it look like he jacked off an elephant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So he can drop it?

Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top