Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 25
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:56:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Romo shouldnt have been allowed back in.  You could see he was hurting, and not nearly as fluid or mobile.  I'd have rather taken my chances with Weeden for the rest of the game, even if it meant they would probably lose.  Saving Romo for a another day was more important than that game.

The offensive line got exposed finally.  I figured it would be a matter of time.  They dont adjust to different blitz packages, and not knowing if they will come and from where.

The defense got caught again.  I hate to use the word again, but they were exposed.  Church, Moore, and Wilcox are not NFL caliber players, much less starters.  Too many bad and missed tackles.  Too many blown coverages.  Honestly I expected to DeShaun Jackson to have a much bigger game.
View Quote

Incorrect.  The O-line did a fine job.  Washington sent more men than they had to block.  It was Romo's job to see those blitzes coming and get rid of the ball.  He failed repeatedly.

The defense did get exposed for the paper tiger it is tonight.  If they somehow meet Denver in the Superbowl, Manning is going to set records against that secondary.  I suspect Phoenix is going to shred them next week.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:56:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The OT play calling was retarded, they have one of the best running attacks, and they threw it twice trying to pick up 4 yards.

Romo should have stayed out after the injury as well, Wheedon was doing well.

View Quote

Like that whole game what a cluster they reverted back to cowboys of old and lost faith. Run the fucking ball! Someone needs to get in Demarcos shit stop churning for that the one yard ona long play and go the fuck out of bounds or just fall when your tackled. Take a page from wittens book that dude never ever fumbles. Tired of that guy costing us points.

End of the day still 6-2 skins played their superbowl this yr and we still 6-2. Alos Cowboys should never play mnf football evr again they always suck.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:00:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Incorrect.  The O-line did a fine job.  Washington sent more men than they had to block.  It was Romo's job to see those blitzes coming and get rid of the ball.  He failed repeatedly.

The defense did get exposed for the paper tiger it is tonight.  If they somehow meet Denver in the Superbowl, Manning is going to set records against that secondary.  I suspect Phoenix is going to shred them next week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Romo shouldnt have been allowed back in.  You could see he was hurting, and not nearly as fluid or mobile.  I'd have rather taken my chances with Weeden for the rest of the game, even if it meant they would probably lose.  Saving Romo for a another day was more important than that game.

The offensive line got exposed finally.  I figured it would be a matter of time.  They dont adjust to different blitz packages, and not knowing if they will come and from where.

The defense got caught again.  I hate to use the word again, but they were exposed.  Church, Moore, and Wilcox are not NFL caliber players, much less starters.  Too many bad and missed tackles.  Too many blown coverages.  Honestly I expected to DeShaun Jackson to have a much bigger game.

They sucked a things  they had been doing well namely tackling. Also no pass  Rush was going to catch up to them eventually even with mccoys sorry ass. No idea why they can't call a max protect and shit play calling run run run the ball.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:01:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Putting Romo back in was a big mistake in my opinion. Weeden was doing all right. He took two drives and lead the offense to 10 points and Romo lead them to just 7 points. I understand Romo is the stud (I use this lightly because I don't think he is) that they want to take the final drive but Weeden would of been better in that situation. He could actually move around in the pocket and the line wasn't reading the jailbreak blitz at all.

I am with everyone else and didn't like the play call on our last possession in overtime. The run on first down was good but why not do a play action pass on second if it doesn't work go back with a run on 3rd down. I guess I have a different mindset then most coaches though. I played offensive line in college and I would of much rather ran the ball down the other team's throat to win the game.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:25:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Like that whole game what a cluster they reverted back to cowboys of old and lost faith. Run the fucking ball! Someone needs to get in Demarcos shit stop churning for that the one yard ona long play and go the fuck out of bounds or just fall when your tackled. Take a page from wittens book that dude never ever fumbles. Tired of that guy costing us points.

End of the day still 6-2 skins played their superbowl this yr and we still 6-2. Alos Cowboys should never play mnf football evr again they always suck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The OT play calling was retarded, they have one of the best running attacks, and they threw it twice trying to pick up 4 yards.

I completely agree.  It's one thing when it's 3rd down and you're right at the first down marker, but a lot of the time he does it it's after a big gain and he already picked up the first down.

If he would have just gone down tonight instead of fighting for an extra 6 inches the Cowboys would have had 1st and goal and are pretty much guaranteed to get at least 3 points.

Dez does that a lot too. Big gain and he fights for an extra yard while the other team is trying to strip it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:33:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

agree with the first.  competitors compete, and aren't going to take themselves out of a game.  IMO, it was garrett's job to say no to romo.  that said, we've seen the exact opposite before--romo suffering broken ribs and a tension pneumothorax (which normally sends a person to the ER), then re-entering the game leading a 4th quarter comeback against SF.  i can see both sides, but i agree with your assessment.

the offensive line absolutely mauled WAS--murray put up a combined total of 221 yards.  IMO, the problem was that the receivers weren't winning their battles on hot reads.

finally, the defense simply couldn't get off the field, which was the result of the offense's poor job on 3rd downs.  WAS was 0-4 on 3rd down in the first half, but 60% in the second.  they just got ground down to the point where the overall lack of talent couldn't be compensated for by effort and energy.  the DAL offense averaged >57% on 3rd downs prior to tonight, but went 41% this game--this directly affects the defense's performance.  OTOH, WAS executed the DAL gameplan precisely--keep the down and distance manageable, convert 3rd downs, and eat up the clock--the TOP was a 10min advantage for the skins. the other component was big plays, which DAL has limited in the past.  jackson repeatedly blew the game open.  losing durant on the weakside really, really hurt as well.

long story short, DAL was just beaten.  there are a lot of fixes that need to be made in a hurry, or next week is going to get severely ugly.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:42:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I completely agree.  It's one thing when it's 3rd down and you're right at the first down marker, but a lot of the time he does it it's after a big gain and he already picked up the first down.

If he would have just gone down tonight instead of fighting for an extra 6 inches the Cowboys would have had 1st and goal and are pretty much guaranteed to get at least 3 points.

Dez does that a lot too. Big gain and he fights for an extra yard while the other team is trying to strip it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This seems to happen way to much in all levels of football. Everybody with extremely high competition levels fight for even that extra inch. It is the game of inches but at some point they have to see that that extra inch after a 50 yard gain isn't worth it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:48:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

agree with the first.  competitors compete, and aren't going to take themselves out of a game.  IMO, it was garrett's job to say no to romo.  that said, we've seen the exact opposite before--romo suffering broken ribs and a tension pneumothorax (which normally sends a person to the ER), then re-entering the game leading a 4th quarter comeback against SF.  i can see both sides, but i agree with your assessment.

the offensive line absolutely mauled WAS--murray put up a combined total of 221 yards.  IMO, the problem was that the receivers weren't winning their battles on hot reads.

finally, the defense simply couldn't get off the field, which was the result of the offense's poor job on 3rd downs.  WAS was 0-4 on 3rd down in the first half, but 60% in the second.  they just got ground down to the point where the overall lack of talent couldn't be compensated for by effort and energy.  the DAL offense averaged >57% on 3rd downs prior to tonight, but went 41% this game--this directly affects the defense's performance.  OTOH, WAS executed the DAL gameplan precisely--keep the down and distance manageable, convert 3rd downs, and eat up the clock--the TOP was a 10min advantage for the skins. the other component was big plays, which DAL has limited in the past.  jackson repeatedly blew the game open.  losing durant on the weakside really, really hurt as well.

long story short, DAL was just beaten.  there are a lot of fixes that need to be made in a hurry, or next week is going to get severely ugly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very good and valid points here. I wouldn't put as much blame that the o-line didn't block well. I would say Romo wasn't reading the hot routes and getting the ball out. He didn't have his head on the a swivel and got locked into one receiver.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This seems to happen way to much in all levels of football. Everybody with extremely high competition levels fight for even that extra inch. It is the game of inches but at some point they have to see that that extra inch after a 50 yard gain isn't worth it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

the difference is that smart players will cover up the ball while fighting.  emmitt was one of the toughest runners ever, but whenever contact was imminent, he covered the ball with both arms and both hands--you could barely see leather.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:53:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

the difference is that smart players will cover up the ball while fighting.  emmitt was one of the toughest runners ever, but whenever contact was imminent, he covered the ball with both arms and both hands--you could barely see leather.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd think Murray would learn that after all those fumbles, but I guess not.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:13:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

someone needs to glue this to the inside of murray's facemask, with the caption "how to get to the hall of fame":

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:13:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with the Romo blame, and I agree with the Redskins sending more than normal (a blitz) , that said you have to know when to take your defender inside, or outside, to clog up the line of scrimmage and thus slow or stop the blitz pack.  The O-line has done this all year.  However when the Redskins did it constantly, and when they added bluffs, the O-line got lost.  

Linnehan and Callahan should have identified this in the first quarter and started bringing in 2 tight ends.  By the forth quarter the O-line should have worn down the Redskins, but it was our O-line that was worn down.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:18:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Go Cardinals!!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:12:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Go Cardinals!!

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:54:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Hail to the Redskins!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Yup not a team thats gonna make it to the superbowl or anywhere in the playoffs IF they make it. What did I say last week? no wins against teams that are above .500. Cowboys are not NFC champ material.

I feel your pain. my steelers put up an incredible win sunday but they aren't going to the 'bowl either.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#18]

If it just been anyone but the Redskins.

The Cowboys beat themselves.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I agree with the Romo blame, and I agree with the Redskins sending more than normal (a blitz) , that said you have to know when to take your defender inside, or outside, to clog up the line of scrimmage and thus slow or stop the blitz pack.  The O-line has done this all year.  However when the Redskins did it constantly, and when they added bluffs, the O-line got lost.  

Linnehan and Callahan should have identified this in the first quarter and started bringing in 2 tight ends.  By the forth quarter the O-line should have worn down the Redskins, but it was our O-line that was worn down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree and disagree.  They saw that same blitz package all game.  They should have been able to deal with it.  It's not like the Redskins have an elite pass rush.

On the last play of the game, though, everybody in the world knew what was coming (except, apparently, the Dallas coaching staff). They didn't call a single pass route shorter than 10 yards.  A quick slant, a comeback route by Dez, either of those would have resulted in a first down.  Instead, everybody went deep.  There are quick pass routes in the offense to deal with precisely that situation, and they didn't run any of them.  That is a coaching mistake.

In the end, poor play calling cost them that game.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:12:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

All part of the plan.

We can't have no one watching week 17 because the division races are all over.

gotta have some drama.  make it exciting.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Garret should watch NFL Films, namely the 72 Dolphins when Griese got hurt, Earl Morral played most of that season. He brought Griese back later on. We know Romo is the Dallas quarterback, he should of not been allowed back in the game. I knew they were going to play them hard, I didn't expect them to win though.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:26:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
IMO, it was garrett's job to say no to romo.  
View Quote

Didn't see Jerruh Jones on the sideline, didya?

The Cowboys will continue to be mediocre as long as Jerry Jones is the GM.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Here come the Johnny-come-lately Cardinals fans.

Just like the Mississippi State fans in the college football thread (though probably not that bad).
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

All part of the plan.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All part of the plan.

That makes sense- but anybody but the 'Skins.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Agree and disagree.  They saw that same blitz package all game.  They should have been able to deal with it.  It's not like the Redskins have an elite pass rush.

On the last play of the game, though, everybody in the world knew what was coming (except, apparently, the Dallas coaching staff). They didn't call a single pass route shorter than 10 yards.  A quick slant, a comeback route by Dez, either of those would have resulted in a first down.  Instead, everybody went deep.  There are quick pass routes in the offense to deal with precisely that situation, and they didn't run any of them.  That is a coaching mistake.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poor coaching and play-calling certainly played a part.  I think more than a little blame can also fall on the Cowboys receivers for not getting open on those hot reads.
They consistently got their lunch eaten by two no name, wet-behind-the-ears cornerbacks.  Either those boys are going places, or Bryant and Witten laid down on the job.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#26]
The Cowboys are 17-1 when DeMarco Murray has 20 or more rushes.

The Cowboys are 8-19 when DeMarco Murray has 19 or fewer rushes.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Hope Arizona crushes the Arlington Cowboys.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Cowboys are bad, Lions are good and Michigan is stinkin' up the place. What kind of alternate football universe is this
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Cowboys are bad, Lions are good and Michigan is stinkin' up the place. What kind of alternate football universe is this
View Quote

Many picked the Cowboys to finish dead last in their own division and now they are "bad" when they are only 6-2 and leading the division.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dez got his touchdown fighting for the extra yard.  No complaints on that one, was there?  Of course, had he fumbled, the same things would have been said about him.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Many picked the Cowboys to finish dead last in their own division and now they are "bad" when they are only 6-2 and leading the division.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought they weren't doing any good. I don't follow pro much at all like I do college.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

But is that a function of them running the ball more with the lead and throwing more when behind, or actually those runs resulting in the win?  Murray had plenty of yards on 19 rushes to generate a win.  The probability of them winning the game based off of one additional carry is pretty low though.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#33]
You still have a shot.

With Ebola around, and starting in Dallas, they may be immune, and every other team in the NFL dies, you are golden.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Dez got his touchdown fighting for the extra yard.  No complaints on that one, was there?  Of course, had he fumbled, the same things would have been said about him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really the same.

I'm talking about when the other team has him stood up, they are trying to strip the ball, and he's fighting for a relatively meaningless extra foot.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I thought they weren't doing any good. I don't follow pro much at all like I do college.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you're calling 6-2 division leaders "bad" then I figured that was the case.  That or you were just a rabid Cowboys-hater.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

But is that a function of them running the ball more with the lead and throwing more when behind, or actually those runs resulting in the win?  Murray had plenty of yards on 19 rushes to generate a win.  The probability of them winning the game based off of one additional carry is pretty low though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe.

However, they had 2 plays to pick up 3 yards and get a first down.  I like their chances of picking up those 3 yards on 2 plays by running Murray both times more than I do anything else.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Just like the Mississippi State fans in the college football thread (though probably not that bad).
View Quote

True. I wonder how many of them were hardcore Seahawks fans last year lol.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:56:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Band wagon Cardinal fan here. But, in my defense, it was to counter a rabid NY Giants fan.
Last year, if I watched them, they lost. This year, if I don't watch them, they lose. I'm hoping for a 15-1 record!

Looking forward to the game. May the best team win! (and then the Cowboys will have a 6-3 record!)
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Murray will have over 100 yards rushing. Romo will throw for over 250 yards and 3 touchdowns. Cowboys win 28-17
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Not really the same.

I'm talking about when the other team has him stood up, they are trying to strip the ball, and he's fighting for a relatively meaningless extra foot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really the same.

Dexter wasn't fighting a pile on of dudes trying to strip it.  Emmit tweeted it best right after the fumble he said you have to know when the journey is over.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Dexter wasn't fighting a pile on of dudes trying to strip it.  Emmit tweeted it best right after the fumble he said you have to know when the journey is over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really the same.

Who is Dexter?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Offense without Romo is absolutely. fucking. horrible. Weeden played like absolute SHIT today.

Horrible game. Had we had Romo and some better play calling, I have no doubt we'd have won today.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Offense without Romo is absolutely. fucking. horrible. Weeden played like absolute SHIT today.

Horrible game. Had we had Romo and some better play calling, I have no doubt we'd have won today.
View Quote

Yep, but you didn't.

Cowboys suck.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#46]
That's nice honey, who's your team?
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

When it was 14-10 Dallas had the ball inside Arizona's 35 three different times and all three times they scored zero points.

So yeah, with Romo (assuming he was reasonably healthy) and better play calling they'd probably would have won.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#48]
I miss Orton.

Can we release Weeden yet?

ETA: Maybe even before the game is over?
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
28-10 isn't just an offensive problem.

The problem is Jerry Jones is the worst coach in the league.  

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That's nice honey, who's your team?
View Quote

Bengals.

It's a good day when the cowboys lose.

ETA: Cowboys O-line couldn't stop Arizona's defense.

Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top