Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 29
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 5:40:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Put 920 rounds through it today. Ran really great! Only had 3 failure to lock back. One on a pmag and two on a usgi magazine.
Other than that I got the irons zeroed up in 9 rounds. Put my EoTech XPS on and had no issues zeroing that as well.
The recoil impulse is pleasant, I think it could still benefit from a brake or can. Cheek weld took a little getting used to, I've never used a stock this skinny. I got used to it by the end of the trip.
I was able to run the 1-5 drill in about 3.25sec several times. Transitioning from target to target was smooth, but the thin cheek weld was weird while I was doing it.
The handguards got a little warm but never uncomfortably so. I did a 6 30rd mag dump and at the end of the 6th mag it felt like it was slowing down/getting gummed up but it still functioned and locked back.

Overall really impressed! Can't wait to run it through the rifle course on Monday.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It does fit fine on a mil spec lower.

Just a picture
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/BLDY3H" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5744/23477820389_e595463222_b.jpg</a>SD8A9206-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
View Quote

Looks great. Where did you get the 300 blk bands?
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It does fit fine on a mil spec lower.

Just a picture
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/BLDY3H" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5744/23477820389_e595463222_b.jpg</a>SD8A9206-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr

Magbands.com
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I have to tell you, the more I fire this thing, the more I love it.  It stays so clean compared to the DI weapons.  Almost makes me want to get rid of the DI guns and just have a few of these.

Are all gas piston rifles like this?

Amazing.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have to tell you, the more I fire this thing, the more I love it.  It stays so clean compared to the DI weapons.  Almost makes me want to get rid of the DI guns and just have a few of these.

Amazing.
View Quote

I only have expierence with the HK 416 and it was always clean compared to the standard AR gas system. It was a dream to clean and shoot.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:17:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Amazing.
View Quote

My P516 is cleaner after 3-4 trips to the range (without being cleaned in between) than my brother's DI Noveske after one shooting session. As far as cleanliness/fowling, piston systems reign supreme.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Seems like my mcx is always filthy after a range trip. This was the first outing with maybe 200 rounds. The inside is way worse. It got so dirty it was oozing out of everywhere. Suppressed problems.

Link Posted: 12/21/2015 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Seems like my mcx is always filthy after a range trip. This was the first outing with maybe 200 rounds. The inside is way worse. It got so dirty it was oozing out of everywhere. Suppressed problems.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b126/Mr_Deagle993/84904007-1C21-4234-9A21-49783EC713A4_zpssns5vacr.jpg
View Quote

Such a dirty girl. I need to just buy one of these.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b126/Mr_Deagle993/84904007-1C21-4234-9A21-49783EC713A4_zpssns5vacr.jpg
View Quote

Da fuq you lubing it with? Crisco?  You shooting on the suppressed or Unsuppressed setting?
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Suppressed setting, with either clp or 30wt motor oil

I havent seen a platform that is actually blowback free. My pvs14 was covered in carbon. We were shooting @250-300yd, nighttime at about 50 degrees. I had the 14 mounted behind the t1.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Suppressed setting, with either clp or 30wt motor oil

I havent seen a platform that is actually blowback free. My pvs14 was covered in carbon. We were shooting @250-300yd, nighttime at about 50 degrees. I had the 14 mounted behind the t1.
View Quote

Never seen any of my guns do that. Guess you ran her hard and put her up wet
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Amazing.

View Quote
Yes, all my DI are gone.  Outside of clean, no other big difference.  I have a PWS, LWRC, and AA piston, looking and lurking so I can convince myself to add a SIG.  I never really clean mine anymore, course some guys here are running the next five years of ammo in a day.

Link Posted: 12/27/2015 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone have a Geissele installed on their lower?

Just put an SSA in mine yesterday and I noticed the pins aren't flush with the receiver - is that fine?

Link Posted: 12/27/2015 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just put an SSA in mine yesterday and I noticed the pins aren't flush with the receiver - is that fine?

View Quote

Yes, I do.  My pins fit fine, YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I installed the Wilson Combat TTU MIL/LE trigger and I am very happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:26:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, they aren't too short but it isn't flush with the receiver face like on my AR-15. I think that the walls are thicker on the MCX.

I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to replace my trigger in the first place. It was coming at 5.6 lbs and with only a very, very small amount of creep.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:16:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Rock River has NM triggers for about 65 bucks.  I installed it.  Excellent trigger.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Just dropped a Geissele SD3G trigger in my MCX. Gonna be tight. Trigger pull is terrifyingly short and light. Can't wait to get to the range with it. Sorta need an optic now. I'm pretty happy with the iron sights right now.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just dropped a Geissele SD3G trigger in my MCX. Gonna be tight. Trigger pull is terrifyingly short and light. Can't wait to get to the range with it. Sorta need an optic now. I'm pretty happy with the iron sights right now.
View Quote

I have been debating keeping irons versus going with an optic.  I am much faster with my Red Dot than Irons, but like the feel of the irons only on the MCX.  I guess I like it as a challenge.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:31:23 AM EDT
[#20]
I view it as good practice. It's important to be competent with irons. At the same time, I know I can bring this rifle to its full potential with some optics.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#21]
How tight is yalls upper to lower fit?
The one I looked at had a little slop, so it was about like most ARs.
I thought the MCX had a spring built in to tighten the fit?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How tight is yalls upper to lower fit?
The one I looked at had a little slop, so it was about like most ARs.
I thought the MCX had a spring built in to tighten the fit?
View Quote

It is tight up and down, but I have side to side play unless I have a loaded magazine inserted.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Not sure what to make of this.  Rather peculiar.  It's like it's almost hydrolocking in a sense.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:21:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm trying to find a 9" .300 blk in pistol configuration for my friend. Are they even out there? Having no luck
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LFCQVLsrnk  
Not sure what to make of this.  Rather peculiar.  It's like it's almost hydrolocking in a sense.

View Quote
Yeah..watched it.  Checked another torture test vid where guy was testing an AK and it fired one round and quit.  Different test.  The guy was literally pouring dirt over and into the weapons.  No MCX test.  My ARX 100 lasted 31 rnds before failing.  AR-15 went 32 rounds.  AK failed.  Who knows.  I am not planning to abuse my MCX like this.  

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:36:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I like it. I like the things I'm reading about it and the videos I've seen......but......

I'm afraid to get one. With Sigs recent history with the 556 and the 556xi, how long is this one going to last? Another is the proprietary parts. I like having extra parts available. Are there any sources other than Sig?

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I like it. I like the things I'm reading about it and the videos I've seen......but......

I'm afraid to get one. With Sigs recent history with the 556 and the 556xi, how long is this one going to last? Another is the proprietary parts. I like having extra parts available. Are there any sources other than Sig?

View Quote
I've felt this way through the whole process of Sig since the 556...and have held off.  I wanted a 551A1 and missed out, then I wanted the 553P but those are somewhat out of my price range for what they bring to the table for me, personally.  Now the MCX....I'm biting the bullet....tax return money will be going towards one.

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I really like the MCX, but that video was not very assuring. That mud/water wasn't even that bad and for the MCX to run so poorly was unacceptable. We may not shoot it in those conditions, but others will. My M4 has been shot after dropping into a mud puddle, and no issues.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 6:00:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I really like the MCX, but that video was not very assuring. That mud/water wasn't even that bad and for the MCX to run so poorly was unacceptable. We may not shoot it in those conditions, but others will. My M4 has been shot after dropping into a mud puddle, and no issues.
View Quote
I live in the same AO as Tim...Copper Custom and Blythes are my LGS'....I'm not sure an M4, Tavor, Aug, or AK would have fared any better.  Seriously.  And that test was a example of only 1.  Don't write it off due to just this test.

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I live in the same AO as Tim...Copper Custom and Blythes are my LGS'....I'm not sure an M4, Tavor, Aug, or AK would have fared any better.  Seriously.  And that test was a example of only 1.  Don't write it off due to just this test.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not. I own one but don't think I will be testing it the way Tim did.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#31]
In all honesty, I like the MCX. I think, given what I've seen other guns do over the years here in my AO, it did ok. I say that in the video. What I like is that with a rag and a few minutes I was able to get the gun back into 100% service just by wiping it down a bit. It does bother me that not much gunk got into the gun at all and it still had issues, but I do think it's most likely hydro-locking. Once the water is gone it works. I don't think rain would cause this issue, it would require a full dunking.

Overall I like the MCX quite a bit, far more than I thought I would.

I hate the taper mount Sig put on there. I've not been able to successfully suppress it. Sig isn't selling the necessary adaptor to mount a non-Sig suppressor yet, I've not been able to get one anyway. I am not buying a Sig suppressor just for the gun.

Aside from the taper mount shenanigans the gun is really quite interesting, accurate (just over 1" with 77 OTM), light, handy and very shootable. I don't like the complexity of the internals, it's more difficult to break down than an AR but the trade off is a wider variety of stock options if Sig ever decides to release them for sale.

Would I replace my favorite BCM with the MCX? Probably not. But will I sell my MCX? Nope, I like it.

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
In all honesty, I like the MCX. I think, given what I've seen other guns do over the years here in my AO, it did ok. I say that in the video. What I like is that with a rag and a few minutes I was able to get the gun back into 100% service just by wiping it down a bit. It does bother me that not much gunk got into the gun at all and it still had issues, but I do think it's most likely hydro-locking. Once the water is gone it works. I don't think rain would cause this issue, it would require a full dunking.

I hate the taper mount Sig put on there. I've not been able to successfully suppress it. Sig isn't selling the necessary adaptor to mount a non-Sig suppressor yet, I've not been able to get one anyway. I am not buying a Sig suppressor just for the gun.

Aside from the taper mount shenanigans the gun is really quite interesting, accurate (just over 1" with 77 OTM), light, handy and very shootable. I don't like the complexity of the internals, it's hard to break down than an AR but the trade off is a wider variety of stock options if Sig ever decides to release them for sale.

Would I replace my favorite BCM with the MCX? Probably not. But will I sell my MCX? Nope, I like it.
View Quote

Thanks for the video Tim, they are great. Check your email.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Aside from the taper mount shenanigans the gun is really quite interesting, accurate (just over 1" with 77 OTM), light, handy and very shootable. I don't like the complexity of the internals, it's hard to break down than an AR but the trade off is a wider variety of stock options if Sig ever decides to release them for sale.

View Quote
I love my MCX.  Period.  I own two other DI rifles (Fulton Armory Legacy Rifle and a new FN-15 DMR) both of which are the shiz.  Then I just picked up the Beretta ARX 100 for 1150.00.  I am really digging it.  I sent off for trigger work even tho I can deal with stock trigger.  So I have two DI and two pistons.  Love the pistons for low maintenance and how clean they stay.  I am really looking at a Colt M4 SOCOM in the LGS where I work.  Not cheap, but I get cost prices.  Another DI, but I like that carbine a whole lot. I will probably pick it up.

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

MAC, I noticed in one of your earlier MPX videos you mentioned the two barrel bolts had backed out. Any such issues with the MCX so far? I wonder if SIG would recommend using Loctite on them? And if so, which kind?
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't see anything in my inbox. What addy did you use?

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
MAC, I noticed in one of your earlier MPX videos you mentioned the two barrel bolts had backed out. Any such issues with the MCX so far? I wonder if SIG would recommend using Loctite on them? And if so, which kind?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No issues with the MCX although it's the exact same arrangement. Fortunately they can't come all the way out, the rail holds them in. Should they come loose the accuracy will go south.

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Tim, thanks for chiming in.  HOnestly one thing that stuck out to me that didn't before was the recesses of where the springs go into the upper receiver and how hard that is to access and clean.  A bore brush of some sort would probably be the best bet, I guess.  Again, thanks for chiming in.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should be from a cops312 and I used the AR15.com email link
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes you can use loctite on them. Use blue
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Can you run a different muzzle devise with a crush washer or shim kit on a MCX?
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've managed to get a muzzle brake fitted fine with shims to use with my AAC suppressors. I have been told that some aren't able to do it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the input. Will the heat from the barrel under fire cause the blue loctite to fail? I've used it on screws for things like stocks and scope rings in the past, but wasn't sure about high temps areas on a gun.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I've managed to get a muzzle brake fitted fine with shims to use with my AAC suppressors. I have been told that some aren't able to do it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
I am hoping I can get a Surefire Socom Warcomp to work with a shim kit. I would settle for a crush washer if need be.
Worst case I just go with a Surefire 3 tine Socom.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Thanks for the input. Will the heat from the barrel under fire cause the blue loctite to fail? I've used it on screws for things like stocks and scope rings in the past, but wasn't sure about high temps areas on a gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Originally on my first MPX there was no locktite on the screws. One loosened a bit and opened the accuracy up a little. Once I applied blue locktite, I never had the issue again. My second MPX had blue locktite on them from the factory. I've never had the issue again and my first MPX has close to 4000 rounds through it with no malfunctions and cleaned 3 times
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 8:44:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Originally on my first MPX there was no locktite on the screws. One loosened a bit and opened the accuracy up a little. Once I applied blue locktite, I never had the issue again. My second MPX had blue locktite on them from the factory. I've never had the issue again and my first MPX has close to 4000 rounds through it with no malfunctions and cleaned 3 times
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, same here. It's really a non-issue. Once I caught it happening I was a bit surprised, but once I got it back to the shop and locktited it it's not been a problem. I like the MCX and the MPX. As a matter of fact, I just went on vacation with the family and the MPX went with me as my "SHTF" gun in a little get home bag.

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Blue it is. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Tim, if you had just 2 weapons to chose from an ARX or MCX, what would you pick and why? I actually have both platforms and I like them both very much.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Anyone else's MCX like this under the selector? I thought it was rust and wanted to remove the selector to check the back of it but the tiny hex is stopping me from doing so. Just hoping it's the factory grease or something that caused the discoloration. It was far more orange before and wiped away what I could and it was orange on the rag.

View Quote

Ok nevermind it was a roll pin lol.

So I knocked it out and it was not rust. The selector was outlined from the grease or something - however it is not removable so if you see it don't bother with removing the selector.

I saw that my selector was wearing the finish off under despite the grease or whatever - I may take it off again tomorrow and replace with my Colt ambi selector to prevent this. Not sure why the selector was designed this way - some offset would've been preferred.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Tim, if you had just 2 weapons to chose from an ARX or MCX, what would you pick and why? I actually have both platforms and I like them both very much.
View Quote
For me it would come down to the ergonomics and the likelihood of additional support in the form of new calibers, stocks, rails, etc. For that, I would say MCX. I like the Beretta a lot and shoot it often and it's been an amazing performer.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

I called Sig and spoke to Jim Hadley in the suppressor division, who mailed me the taper adapter at no charge for use with my suppressor muzzle devices.

Supposedly all new rifles ship with one, but that's what I was told before I received my MCX by a Sig rep, and didn't get one in the box. I posted a picture of the adapter earlier in this thread in case you want to see what it looks like.

Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top