[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#2]
SD8A9112-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:06:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/BY3zqy" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5793/23606713316_881a2eccf7_b.jpg</a>SD8A9112-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
View Quote

Thats awesome.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Reported! CoC #2...

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:22:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Understood, I thought the adapter to go on a NORMAL AR15 lower did in fact screw into the lower and would be the same as the mounting method on the LSS.

I'll look at the ACE, looks like it need some dehorning though.

Quoted:

It is a folder. But the folding mechanism attaches to a pic rail, whereas the MDT LSS chassis has the threads to go direct to a buffer tube. There's no where on the LSS to attach the MCX folding stock assembly, OR the AR pic rail adapter.

MCX: AR stock > buffer tube > threads in folding adapter > pic rail on receiver
LSS: AR stock >  buffer tube > threads on receiver

You could try something like this
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question, I plan on a bolt gun using the MDT LSS chassis and use a folder for storage and transport. I currently have a XLR folder and chassis for one, thing is the XLR and MDT folder does not a lock, even friction while folded. Does the Sig version lock when folded or have a friction like the skeleton one? I haven't seen much or even pictures of the Sig AR adapter to somewhat answer this.
I would use a Magpul CTR with riser on the bolt gun.

Appreciate any feedback.

I can't remember how the AR stock adapter locks, but you wouldn't be able to use it on the MDT. It isn't a folding buffer tube, it's a hinge adapter that a standard tube screws into. The adapter attaches to the pic rail on the back of the MCX receiver.

Oh, I see. Just a straight hub, no folder. I thought it would have a hub like the skeleton and would fold.

It is a folder. But the folding mechanism attaches to a pic rail, whereas the MDT LSS chassis has the threads to go direct to a buffer tube. There's no where on the LSS to attach the MCX folding stock assembly, OR the AR pic rail adapter.

MCX: AR stock > buffer tube > threads in folding adapter > pic rail on receiver
LSS: AR stock >  buffer tube > threads on receiver

You could try something like this

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Reported! CoC #2...  
View All Quotes

I'm always getting reported
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Hi guys, I'm currently shopping for an mcx and I'm curious as to why there's such a large variance in price between different online vendors. As much as $500 in many cases. Are these different models or generations of the mcx? Most of the vendors don't offer much in the way of a detailed description. Appreciate your help.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm picking mine up today.  I can't wait!!
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hi guys, I'm currently shopping for an mcx and I'm curious as to why there's such a large variance in price between different online vendors. As much as $500 in many cases. Are these different models or generations of the mcx? Most of the vendors don't offer much in the way of a detailed description. Appreciate your help.
View Quote

Yeah, local dealers around here have wide variances too.

I think you are seeing a combination of price not setting down quite yet along with some trying to price gouge based on the current spike in demand.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 3:55:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got a T2 coming in for the MCX.

What height mount would you guys recommend? Is the 12 o'clock rail higher than an AR-15?
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 5:09:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Picked mine up yesterday.

I am still kicking around how I want to set it up.

I have a DMR for longer range precision work and a Legacy Rifle from Fulton Armory which is a good all around rifle; very light.  I keep that Legacy set up stock with A1 carry handle using iron sights.

I am basically looking at the Sig as a closer range weapon and doing the Army 25 meter battlesight zero and perhaps just using the stock iron sights.

I have a Leupy Mark AR 1.5-4x20 in a LaRue 104 mount I could slap on it.  Or I was thinking about Aimpoint PRO.  Not sure yet.

Since the carbine is so light and handles so well, I am leaning toward iron sights for the most part.  This would sort of be a good go to for "home defense" situations.  Love how I can fold the stock for compactness.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 10:08:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Here is what I have at this point.

Link Posted: 12/11/2015 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#15]
those folding, telescoping stocks are available on Sig's website.  If anyone was interested
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 6:06:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Decided to go with an Aimpoint.

Had to order the keymod adapter for the front detachable sling mount.

Nice setup.  I will work with the stock trigger for a while before I change out to the NM trigger.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Here is the Sig MCX report.  First, this is the most amazing AR type platform I ever shot.  Balanced, low recoil, flawless and after about 40 rounds downrange, it was still clean; bolt, carrier, everything.  Amazing.  Easiest AR to clean.  Also very easy to take down, as you know.  They have a winner here.  I never had a piston platform, but this one is perfect as far as I am concerned.  

The trigger is fine.  It got better after a few rounds.  I am used to milspec triggers anyway.  I did the 25 meter battlesight zero on the irons and the Aimpoint.

Damn I love this thing.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Coregon - what mount did you use for your Surefire Scout? I want mine to fit into that void between 9 and 12 o'clock on the rail, but most of the keymod mounts I've seen from BCM etc won't quite work etc because of the slight differences between an MCX keymod rail and say the garden variety AR keymod rail. Nice picture and thanks for the input in advance!

~metalhd1221
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Here is the Sig MCX report.  First, this is the most amazing AR type platform I ever shot.  Balanced, low recoil, flawless and after about 40 rounds downrange, it was still clean; bolt, carrier, everything.  Amazing.  Easiest AR to clean.  Also very easy to take down, as you know.  They have a winner here.  I never had a piston platform, but this one is perfect as far as I am concerned.  

The trigger is fine.  It got better after a few rounds.  I am used to milspec triggers anyway.  I did the 25 meter battlesight zero on the irons and the Aimpoint.

Damn I love this thing.
View Quote
Confidence inspiring...now if I can just shake this want for a SCAR out of my head.  Could this be the rifle that finally bumps the AR off its pedestal?

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Coregon - what mount did you use for your Surefire Scout? I want mine to fit into that void between 9 and 12 o'clock on the rail, but most of the keymod mounts I've seen from BCM etc won't quite work etc because of the slight differences between an MCX keymod rail and say the garden variety AR keymod rail. Nice picture and thanks for the input in advance!

~metalhd1221
View Quote

It's a Larue mount that is mounted to the top pica tinny rail.  There's probably other/better ways to mount it in that position, but I already had this setup put together, so I am rolling with it.

LaRue LT752
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:02:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Confidence inspiring...now if I can just shake this want for a SCAR out of my head.  Could this be the rifle that finally bumps the AR off its pedestal?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn I love this thing.
It might.  The fact that it runs so clean is great.  Easy to break down.  Multi-caliber.  Fairly light and balanced.

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#22]
New to this forum. I just picked up my MCX last night. I can't wait to try it out.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Really enjoying my MCX. Probably my most used rifle right now. I'm always surprised at how soft and smooth it shoots.

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Also, any updates on the newer ones and removing the flash hider?  I've heard it was tough and was hoping they haven't monkey torqued all of them.

And any updates on items that can be used to index a muzzle brake that requires timing?
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Also, any updates on the newer ones and removing the flash hider?  I've heard it was tough and was hoping they haven't monkey torqued all of them.

And any updates on items that can be used to index a muzzle brake that requires timing?
View Quote

Mine is relatively recent, and the flash hider was easy to remove. I took off the handguard and held the barrel in a set of wooden vice blocks. Torqued off the flash hider with minimal effort.

Sig is now (supposedly) including a taper adapter for timing muzzle devices, and to ensure good alignment for suppressor mounts. I had to call and ask for the adapter, but they sent it to me for free. It's literally a spacer with a conical inner side to match the taper on the barrel. Slides over the muzzle, and then you thread on your muzzle device.

This is what it looks like with my Saker Trifecta flash hider. I tried using the Trifecta flash hider with it torqued against the taper originally, but my Saker was not even close to concentric.

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 10:37:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Got my MCX in today.

Looks like I got the 'dropped on the factory floor' upper.

A portion of the back end of my upper is down to the aluminum
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Got my MCX in today.

View Quote

You have a pic? Sounds like a trip back to the factory.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I did a bad thing....I spent all night last night reading this thread and watching MCX vids on YouTube.
On a random whim I stopped into one of my lgs's and they had an MCX on the wall. I shouldn't have asked, but I was dumb. I asked how much. The tag said 1499. Crap! That's the cheapest I've seen damn near anywhere.
Sigh.....hand me a 4473....

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got my MCX in today.

I reached out to customer service and sent the pics. I'd like to hold off on sharing them - just a reminder to check your firearm over as soon as you get it. Now I'm just waiting to hear back from them.

However machining and finish is great on the lower and stock. The upper aside from the denting on the rear has some divots all over the pic rail on both the upper and handguard
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I did a bad thing....I spent all night last night reading this thread and watching MCX vids on YouTube.

On a random whim I stopped into one of my lgs's and they had an MCX on the wall. I shouldn't have asked, but I was dumb. I asked how much. The tag said 1499. Crap! That's the cheapest I've seen damn near anywhere.

Sigh.....hand me a 4473....

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a623/clayvt/E69A9A30-8F1D-4E6E-90B0-21BA9746A374_zps4mgrczqz.jpg

View Quote
welcome to the club.

I just received my Rock River NM trigger.

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#32]
It's trivial but why don't they take advantage of the folder and ship in a shorter box? Dang.

By the way, I asked today-mid 2016 for 300BO conversions and complete carbines.

If not mentioned, the 5.11 Shorty M4 bag works great for this.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Just installed my new Rock River two-stage National Match trigger.  It is like night and day.  Amazing.  Best $115.00 ever spent.

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

It's trivial but why don't they take advantage of the folder and ship in a shorter box? Dang.

By the way, I asked today-mid 2016 for 300BO conversions and complete carbines.

If not mentioned, the 5.11 Shorty M4 bag works great for this.
View Quote
I had shelved my M4 Shorty bag (bought a sneaky bag) but just dug it out. Its like the MCX is made for it!

Link Posted: 12/18/2015 8:19:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Indeed! very light, you normally are carrying an extra 5 pounds of bag around, especially with those UTG ones.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 9:51:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Kind of annoying.  I bought a NM trigger from Fulton Armory for $115.00.  I get it and find it is made by Rock River.

So today I go to Rock River website and see the same trigger on sale for $65.00.  So I bought another one.

Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Less than 24hrs with the MCXand a few addons.
Wrapped the stock, def gonna help with the cold.
Surefire m600 installed with a Midwest Industries keymod scout mout. (Best/cheapest mount I've found...$13!)
Magpul QD swivel cup
Homemade vtac 2 point
Cyber Monday Geissele 2 stage trigger installed.

On order is a holosun 403G. Want to throw an MRO on it in the future.

Going to take it to the range tomorrow, zero the irons and just fam Fire. Holosun will be here Sunday.
Monday and Tuesday we are running our police academy cadets through their rifle course. I'm going to take this guy. Will hopefully get 2-3K rounds through it in 2 days. Will report back!

Oh and ya RRA has their triggers on sale for $64. I ordered 2 on Black Friday. I just got the shipping notifications them. So if you order, they are running about 3 weeks to ship FYI.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Ugh I want one of these.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#39]
You guys should try the Proctor Way of the Gun sling on this, very light and effective. I use the BCM QD on the left side and the Damage Industries QD swivels-they are 1" like the sling.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Question-on the upcoming 7.62x39 version, it appears the mag will not be the traditional AK type? Can you guys advise on that and what are good mags quality wise.

Mark
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Well looks like the only option SIG is giving me is to buy a replacement upper.

Link Posted: 12/18/2015 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Contact Arrow Cryogenics in MN.  See what they'll charge for a refinish in Type III hardcoat.

http://www.arrowcryogenics.com/chemical-processing/hard-coat-aluminum-anodizing
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

What does/did the seller say?  I could easily imagine SIG saying it left the factory fine, so must be distributor or retailer....and honestly that's plausible.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

What does/did the seller say?  I could easily imagine SIG saying it left the factory fine, so must be distributor or retailer....and honestly that's plausible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Distributors usually don't even open the box. Many dealers don't either unless it's a display model.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seller says he did not see any damage to the rifle when he opened it up and to be honest it can be easily missed. While the upper is  on the lower you can't tell that its damaged but once you shotgun the lower and upper you can see it all on the inner back face. Seller had no reason to disassemble the gun as well.

SIG is saying the damage came from putting the upper on a non-MCX lower. I'd be lying if I didn't try that but I'd expect the damage to be evenly spread throughout the upper and not just on the inside face. Also I only own a single lower, a Colt. I'd also expect my lower to be damaged if this was the case but it looks like how its always been.  

Charging handle is fine so looks like it might've just been the stripped upper that experienced this damage. Also looks like the BCG was inserted at an angle and with a decent amount of force as the inside of my receiver is chipped on the top corners - CNC chatter and tool marks are prevalent on the upper's rail and handguard. I got the rifle on the Wednesday and so far I'm pretty bummed with my first SIG rifle and I'm not looking to pay $1350 on an upper and make this a near $3k purchase.

Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:46:48 PM EDT
[#46]
I thought that Sig's own materials said that it was absolutely fine to put an MCX upper onto a mil-spec lower and that they even talked about that as a selling point.  If so, why would it damage the upper to do so.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Delete - Duplicate Post
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 3:49:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I thought that Sig's own materials said that it was absolutely fine to put an MCX upper onto a mil-spec lower and that they even talked about that as a selling point.  If so, why would it damage the upper to do so.
View Quote

I thought so too.

Also I did put it on a 'mil-spec' lower that it should have no problem with dimensionally.

Link Posted: 12/19/2015 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#49]
It does fit fine on a mil spec lower.

Just a picture
SD8A9206-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 11:10:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Less than 24hrs with the MCXand a few addons.
Wrapped the stock, def gonna help with the cold.
Surefire m600 installed with a Midwest Industries keymod scout mout. (Best/cheapest mount I've found...$13!)
Magpul QD swivel cup
Homemade vtac 2 point
Cyber Monday Geissele 2 stage trigger installed.

On order is a holosun 403G. Want to throw an MRO on it in the future.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a623/clayvt/9E7AF75C-C713-4BA4-9617-AE5CEF7E66BD_zpsqgnkb0we.jpg
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a623/clayvt/0B663BA5-A353-43FB-8B82-2DD6713B6544_zps7aq9fy5w.jpg
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a623/clayvt/67645E47-CF95-4D3D-AC20-CF66C08C1C5E_zpsttptsj7j.jpg

Going to take it to the range tomorrow, zero the irons and just fam Fire. Holosun will be here Sunday.
Monday and Tuesday we are running our police academy cadets through their rifle course. I'm going to take this guy. Will hopefully get 2-3K rounds through it in 2 days. Will report back!

Oh and ya RRA has their triggers on sale for $64. I ordered 2 on Black Friday. I just got the shipping notifications them. So if you order, they are running about 3 weeks to ship FYI.
View Quote

Damnit, now I want one.
Page / 29
Top Top