Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I thought everyone had seen the unreleased  folding/collapsing stock SIG had shownshown.

There definitely needs to be something more than the thin folder or the HK slider. But when I think of an ACR or SCAR stock I think of it having a cheek piece which would not work with the MCX
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They need something more comfortable. Since when are options bad?

I thought everyone had seen the unreleased  folding/collapsing stock SIG had shownshown.

There definitely needs to be something more than the thin folder or the HK slider. But when I think of an ACR or SCAR stock I think of it having a cheek piece which would not work with the MCX
I hope Sig makes a side charging MCX in the future.

Link Posted: 11/14/2015 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/14/2015 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your absolutely right about the SCAR and ACR stocks not working on the MCX I didn't think of that. I was just thinking something that's maybe adjustable for length with a little more width for the cheek. The 308 with side charger would be epic.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope that means what I think it means....

Link Posted: 11/14/2015 5:12:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Your absolutely right about the SCAR and ACR stocks not working on the MCX I didn't think of that. I was just thinking something that's maybe adjustable for length with a little more width for the cheek. The 308 with side charger would be epic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a "stock" with an extension that you will be able to use any AR style stock with.  Essentially just a buffer tube (with no buffer or spring, obviously).
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There's a "stock" with an extension that you will be able to use any AR style stock with.  Essentially just a buffer tube (with no buffer or spring, obviously).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This looks about perfect to me

Link Posted: 11/14/2015 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This looks about perfect to me
http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/IMG_7738.jpg

That isn't the one that I referenced, but it is one of the options coming to market.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#8]
So this is the best 5 shot group I could get today at 100 yards with winds ENE 4-5 mph, using XM193 and my PA 1-6X. Again, there is one flyer (no surprise to me).

With that said, it had no issues hitting clays at 200 yards and steel all the way to 400. For now, I'm going to swap the PA 1-6X out for an Eotech and place the 1-6 in a mini-recce build. I had much better results with my SCAR 16 same ammo, scope and range...too bad I sold it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Side charging MCX? YESSSSS

Please add ambi bolt controls (release AND lock) on that version. *crosses fingers*
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Please add ambi bolt controls (release AND lock) on that version. *crosses fingers*
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The MCX-MR  had a folding side charge and I'd love to know who I'd have to blow to have that on an MCX.

It's a bit of a departure from the MCX in other areas too. The SIG 55x-esque recoil spring and long stroke is a good example.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I believe that is just for the 308 version they are coming out with.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#12]
There's still hope for a Legion release!
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 6:59:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quick NFA question WRT the MCX.

I currently plan to get the blackout pistol when they become available again.

The swappable stocks have me intrigued. I'm thinking that I might SBR the MCX pistol, but keep the stock er... brace... around too. So, according to ATF determinations, you can go from non-NFA weapon to NFA weapon by remanufacturing it on a Form-1 and again by removing all NFA components you can return the item to its previous non-NFA configuration, even though it will remain on the registry unless you send them a written notification to permanently remove it.

I also know from other determinations you can go from pistol->rifle->pistol again but you can never go from rifle->pistol without a Form-1 because if originally manufactured as a rifle, always a rifle.

So, my thought is to SBR it, and if I travel to shoot in a state without SBRs I can just put the folding brace back on and travel with the pistol.

Does that sound like a realistic plan, or crazy talk?

I currently own an AR SBR, and a couple of cans, so I'm not a complete NFA newbie.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:22:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The swappable stocks have me intrigued. I'm thinking that I might SBR the MCX pistol, but keep the stock er... brace... around too. So, according to ATF determinations, you can go from non-NFA weapon to NFA weapon by remanufacturing it on a Form-1 and again by removing all NFA components you can return the item to its previous non-NFA configuration, even though it will remain on the registry unless you send them a written notification to permanently remove it.

I also know from other determinations you can go from pistol->rifle->pistol again but you can never go from rifle->pistol without a Form-1 because if originally manufactured as a rifle, always a rifle.

So, my thought is to SBR it, and if I travel to shoot in a state without SBRs I can just put the folding brace back on and travel with the pistol.

I currently own an AR SBR, and a couple of cans, so I'm not a complete NFA newbie.
View Quote
I am not a lawyer.

I am especially not your lawyer.

It depends on what day of the freaking week it is with the ATF whether what you describe is legal and the reality is the chances of you being "caught" with a SBR'd lower in a pistol config is probably pretty slim.

BUT, you should read this, maybe: http://www.nibin.gov/content/if-i-remove-short-barrel-registered-sbr-or-sbs-receiver-still-subject-nfa-transfer-and
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:05:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am not a lawyer.  

It depends on what day of the freaking week it is with the ATF whether what you describe is legal and the reality is the chances of you being "caught" with a SBR'd lower in a pistol config is probably pretty slim.

BUT, you should read this, maybe: http://www.nibin.gov/content/if-i-remove-short-barrel-registered-sbr-or-sbs-receiver-still-subject-nfa-transfer-and
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not a lawyer.  

That's certainly fair, thanks for the link. In a bizarre ATF logic kind of way, that actually makes sense. But, they might change it on Monday, so who knows.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Any word on uppers? Looking forward to the 9in 7.62x39 upper.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:57:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

The upper is supposed to be modular so one receiver will accept barrels in 223, 300BLK & 7.62x39. All that should be needed is the appropriate bolt, mag, barrel.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The upper is supposed to be modular so one receiver will accept barrels in 223, 300BLK & 7.62x39. All that should be needed is the appropriate bolt, mag, barrel.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While true, I would rather just pop two pins to replace my upper.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:47:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since Sig designed the MCX with an easily swappable barrel, it's likely that any conversion kits they sell will just consist of the barrels and bolts.  Doubtful they would sell them assembled with uppers since that somewhat defeats the purpose of the design.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:26:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I still don't get QD barrels in the sense of caliber swaps.

The AR15 once again rules this area.  When you swap calibers or barrels, your sights and optics will all have to be re-zero'd whereas an AR15 if you just swapped uppers, you could already have your dopes or what not leaving the optic attached to your choice upper.

Still watching this closely, however, as I do think this is about the closest thing to giving the AR/Stoner design a run for it's money.  It has just enough familiarity to be considered an evolution of the platform, but enough new features to greatly depart from 50-60 years of the AR15.

Hope they get the piston 300BO figured out for good, also.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:24:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:00:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Agreed on that aspect.  Just in civvy land, it really makes no sense.  Still pulling for the MCX though.  Doubt it will win too many contracts as most have dug their feet in with the AR platform, but eventually something has to give, and Sig's innovation is really helping drive competition.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 5:45:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I still don't get QD barrels in the sense of caliber swaps.

The AR15 once again rules this area.  When you swap calibers or barrels, your sights and optics will all have to be re-zero'd whereas an AR15 if you just swapped uppers, you could already have your dopes or what not leaving the optic attached to your choice upper.

Still watching this closely, however, as I do think this is about the closest thing to giving the AR/Stoner design a run for it's money.  It has just enough familiarity to be considered an evolution of the platform, but enough new features to greatly depart from 50-60 years of the AR15.

Hope they get the piston 300BO figured out for good, also.
View Quote

SIG has gone beyond what others have so far done with the QD/field adaptable rifle by producing a modular upper and lower receiver.  While most of the civilian users probably won't do much with swapping parts once they have their rifles configured to thier liking I can see a pretty big benefit to this modularity from an LE standpoint.

Have a large department that wants a 14.5 or 16 inch barrel for patrol?  The MCX can do that.  Have a boat patrol unit that wants a shorter platform for working on the confined space of the boat?  Change out the barrel.  Your ATV or motor squad wants something very compact for carrying on a bike?  Change out the stock and barrel both.  Your SWAT guys want a 20" DMR?  Add a longer barrel and a rifle stock.  SWAT now wants a short little 300BLK with a suppressor?  No problem.

You get the idea.  The possibilities are almost endless and the modular parts can be changed and allow the shooter to configure his assigned rifle with simple tools based on his duty assignments without a large workshop or a specially trained/equipped armorer.  All we need now is for SIG and/or the aftermarket to fully embrace the MCX design and start producing barrels, stocks, etc.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#24]
WRT the charging handle preference.

I do kind of wish they had done something like Adcor did with their design. A forward charging handle is my favorite placement, and Adcor came up with a solution to have it both ways. That being said, it would obviously add more weight.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The MCX was developed in response to a request by "top tier units" who wanted a more powerful, quieter alternative to the MP5SD. That need birthed the honeybadger, which after a bit of trials was formalized into the LVAW. SIG worked on LVAW development, eventually turning it into a multi-caliber weapon (MCX) and splitting off a SMG of the same base design (MPX).

That same contract specified an M4 manual of arms. Which is why there's no ambi stuff and it retains the same controls as an AR.

Additionally while many seem to like a forward charging handle, it doesn't play well when you have a PEQ-15 and weapon light mounted. It's already difficult enough to effectively balance the mounting of modern night fighting tools, before adding the charging handle. Then you have to complicate the system and it's handguards, plus as you stated it would add more weight for no gain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WRT the charging handle preference.

I do kind of wish they had done something like Adcor did with their design. A forward charging handle is my favorite placement, and Adcor came up with a solution to have it both ways. That being said, it would obviously add more weight.

The MCX was developed in response to a request by "top tier units" who wanted a more powerful, quieter alternative to the MP5SD. That need birthed the honeybadger, which after a bit of trials was formalized into the LVAW. SIG worked on LVAW development, eventually turning it into a multi-caliber weapon (MCX) and splitting off a SMG of the same base design (MPX).

That same contract specified an M4 manual of arms. Which is why there's no ambi stuff and it retains the same controls as an AR.

Additionally while many seem to like a forward charging handle, it doesn't play well when you have a PEQ-15 and weapon light mounted. It's already difficult enough to effectively balance the mounting of modern night fighting tools, before adding the charging handle. Then you have to complicate the system and it's handguards, plus as you stated it would add more weight for no gain.

Yeah, I get what you are saying.

Another down side is that with varying gas block locations and lengths of op-rods it would add complexity to the system.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 1:45:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Delete
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 2:21:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Well...I guess I'm going to start saving for an MCX now.  I keep watching Tim's video review on MAC and just thinking, this would go well with my collection.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 5:27:41 AM EDT
[#29]
SD8A8959-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr

SD8A8957-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#30]
SD8A9042-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Well...I guess I'm going to start saving for an MCX now.  I keep watching Tim's video review on MAC and just thinking, this would go well with my collection.
View Quote

Do it. Love mine. I just installed a Tricon in mine and it's pure sex now. I've also had to borrow the side folder from it to run on my MPX. I really dig this stock that is on them.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/ATjuxR" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5727/22896879463_bc13f2c42d_b.jpg</a>SD8A8959-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/Boz3RU" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/771/23227898110_bb68e2735e_b.jpg</a>SD8A8957-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
View Quote

When's this being released?
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/ATjuxR" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5727/22896879463_bc13f2c42d_b.jpg</a>SD8A8959-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/Boz3RU" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/771/23227898110_bb68e2735e_b.jpg</a>SD8A8957-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr

Should be shipping end of this month
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome. Just order from sig store?
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Retractable MP5-ish stock.

How is it compared to the original folding stock? Worth it?
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Are rifles going to ship in this stock configuration or will the skeleton stock be the standard configuration with this stock being any accessory?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are rifles going to ship in this stock configuration or will the skeleton stock be the standard configuration with this stock being any accessory?

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:29:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Retractable MP5-ish stock.

How is it compared to the original folding stock? Worth it?
View Quote

I like the original but this is really taking my interest. I say it's definitely worth it but this is just my opinion. I believe there are other stocks in the making as well. If I'm lucky to get my hands on them I'll report on those as well
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:31:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know for sure. I know that the MPX is now shipping with keymod rails. But as far as the stock on the MCX, I've only seen and heard that the skeletonized stock is standard.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:35:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't quote me but I'm sure they will be posted up on there. Not that anyone asked but let it be known that I don't work for Sig. I do get my info, obviously, from a good source.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 8:17:54 AM EDT
[#41]
For information, the 5.11 Shorty M4 works great with the side folding Skeleton stock/20 round mag and optic, dot or low power variable.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
For information, the 5.11 Shorty M4 works great with the side folding Skeleton stock/20 round mag and optic, dot or low power variable.
View Quote

You mean with the 16" or 9" barrel?
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#43]
I am jonesing for an MCX now after seeing that

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 1:06:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Ugh....so many choices these days.  MCX, Keltec RDB, Tavor, RRA LAR-47 or CMMG Mutant, new SR15 Mod 2 MLOK, or do I want to do a clone Mk18 or Block II build lol.

Narrowed it down to either the MCX or LAR-47 at this point in time.  I feel like with the MPX debacle and with Sig seeming to constantly change stuff on the MCX, I'm not sure if I should wait it out a bit or what.  On the flip side, that election is getting closer and closer to being here and we, as freedom loving scary black rifle owners could be in a world of hurt soon....so many choices, not enough time/money.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

16"

I ran various types of ammo through mine the other day, zero issues. Everything from PMC Bronze to BH 262, the 262 is hot and the PMC is known for being weak. Only had a 4x scope when testing the 262 accuracy, it's a 2 moa gun, no worries, didn't expect it to be a precision rig.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

just put the upper on a AR lower.  Maybe most of you guys don't like AK folders either?  

Link Posted: 12/9/2015 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Question, I plan on a bolt gun using the MDT LSS chassis and use a folder for storage and transport. I currently have a XLR folder and chassis for one, thing is the XLR and MDT folder does not a lock, even friction while folded. Does the Sig version lock when folded or have a friction like the skeleton one? I haven't seen much or even pictures of the Sig AR adapter to somewhat answer this.
I would use a Magpul CTR with riser on the bolt gun.

Appreciate any feedback.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I can't remember how the AR stock adapter locks, but you wouldn't be able to use it on the MDT. It isn't a folding buffer tube, it's a hinge adapter that a standard tube screws into. The adapter attaches to the pic rail on the back of the MCX receiver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question, I plan on a bolt gun using the MDT LSS chassis and use a folder for storage and transport. I currently have a XLR folder and chassis for one, thing is the XLR and MDT folder does not a lock, even friction while folded. Does the Sig version lock when folded or have a friction like the skeleton one? I haven't seen much or even pictures of the Sig AR adapter to somewhat answer this.
I would use a Magpul CTR with riser on the bolt gun.

Appreciate any feedback.

I can't remember how the AR stock adapter locks, but you wouldn't be able to use it on the MDT. It isn't a folding buffer tube, it's a hinge adapter that a standard tube screws into. The adapter attaches to the pic rail on the back of the MCX receiver.

Oh, I see. Just a straight hub, no folder. I thought it would have a hub like the skeleton and would fold.
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top