Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 620 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
Someone buy one and send It to Stoner for hardness testing?
View Quote

If someone had one, they could stop at almost any machine shop and have it tested. Wouldn't take 5 minutes and probably wouldn't charge much, if anything. I would do it for anyone that wants to send one this way.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Little on the chilly side, but heading to the hills for some shooting anyway.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Dirtied up the Warden today on the CQBR. Really tames that side blast, my buddies could still withstand standing next to me.

Oh and while we were at the bar enjoying beers and burgers afterwards, I was able to score a taupe KAC front sight off of eGay.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Dirtied up the Warden today on the CQBR. Really tames that side blast, my buddies could still withstand standing next to me.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/perrymclovin/9249C920-5590-4434-94EC-8E8F0A19AC5D_zpsjfwsh4sb.jpg

Oh and while we were at the bar enjoying beers and burgers afterwards, I was able to score a taupe KAC front sight off of eGay.
View Quote

Arsehole. I need another KAC front.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/perrymclovin/9249C920-5590-4434-94EC-8E8F0A19AC5D_zpsjfwsh4sb.jpg

No one even placed a bid on it and I had been watching it for about a week. My buddy goaded me into placing a bid (and the beer didn't help ). I'm guessing no one bid on it since it has some wear, I prefer that over the pristine look of a new one any way.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#6]

No one even placed a bid on it and I had been watching it for about a week. My buddy goaded me into placing a bid (and the beer didn't help ). I'm guessing no one bid on it since it has some wear, I prefer that over the pristine look of a new one any way.
View All Quotes

I like beat up parts more too. I got rid of my first KAC front not knowing I would end up building a Mk12, so I fucking derped myself.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#7]

I like beat up parts more too. I got rid of my first KAC front not knowing I would end up building a Mk12, so I fucking derped myself.
View All Quotes

If you don't mind waiting like 30ish days till I get back to the States. I have a few blk 99051s that need good homes (;
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
If you don't mind waiting like 30ish days till I get back to the States. I have a few blk 99051s that need good homes (;
View Quote

Sounds like a plan to me. let me know when you get back!

I also need to track down a KAC rear. I have 3 Matech's and 0 KAC rears. Putting a Matech on a Mod 1 would be sacrelage, but I may do it temporarily at least.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#9]
What did you pay for the Taupe rear sight on fleabay?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

Pic of the "damage"

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:48:36 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

A few???
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:04:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GripnAK47s] [#13]
I probably missed it in this thread.... what are the markings on the DD 10.3 contract overrun barrels?

(Meaning are there any different markings than standard 10.3 bbl)
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#14]
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Dirtied up the Warden today on the CQBR. Really tames that side blast, my buddies could still withstand standing next to me.
View Quote

Do you have a full picture of your rifle with the Warden? I may have to pick one up as well
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:58:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RifleManWI:

Do you have a full picture of your rifle with the Warden? I may have to pick one up as well
View All Quotes
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Dirtied up the Warden today on the CQBR. Really tames that side blast, my buddies could still withstand standing next to me.

Best I have right now. Could snap something different if there's an angle you'd like.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

He doesn't like posting full pics because pistol. (jk squirrel)

P.S. MILSPEC loves your new Sig line.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#17]

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Best I have right now. Could snap something different if there's an angle you'd like.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/perrymclovin/B77A042D-D7BF-479A-811C-A6384B9FC484_zpsrko4aevl.jpg
View All Quotes

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Best I have right now. Could snap something different if there's an angle you'd like.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/perrymclovin/B77A042D-D7BF-479A-811C-A6384B9FC484_zpsrko4aevl.jpg

Those Warden's seem to be pretty well received, and work as advertised.  I like the fact SF utilizes the same lock up system as their SOCOM cans.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

That's the fucking truth

Thanks. It was created just for me
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:28:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:

Those Warden's seem to be pretty well received, and work as advertised.  I like the fact SF utilizes the same lock up system as their SOCOM cans.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:

Everyone was genuinely surprised how well it worked and was built. The nice thing about not using them on a SOCOM muzzle device is that you can clock it to where ever you'd like. If my light was on the other side of the rail, the button would be under the light and would be a pain to get off.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#20]

[span style='font-weight: bold;']That's the fucking truth

View All Quotes

[span style='font-weight: bold;']That's the fucking truth

I meant rifleman's sig line.

Don't worry tho, my CQBR is also on a pistol lower. (Damn unfree states)

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:41:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SecretSquirell] [#21]

View Quote

Oh

I'll get around to SBR once I get my 80% done and engraved how I want.................and maybe once I build a clone of my issued boomstick.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#22]
[b]
Oh

I'll get around to SBR once I get my 80% done and engraved how I want.................and maybe once I build a clone of my issued boomstick.
View All Quotes

[b]
Oh

Speaking of, I just finished a standard issue M4 clone. I'll shoot you some pics, almost exact to your issued boomstick, minus BAD lever and ACOG, and it has a 952V instead of the 951
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Speaking of, I just finished a standard issue M4 clone. I'll shoot you some pics, almost exact to your issued boomstick, minus BAD lever and ACOG, and it has a 952V instead of the 951
View All Quotes

Oh

[b]Sweet. I have no idea why I haven't built a clone of it yet as I have every. single. part except for the barrel/FSB
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#24]

[b]Sweet. I have no idea why I haven't built a clone of it yet as I have every. single. part except for the barrel/FSB
View All Quotes

Oh

Muhahaha. Finally a post with no bold print, even if it was on accident.
I say build it homeslice. After every military rifle I've cloned at this point, the standard issue M4 (mine is actually an M4A1 clone judging off parts and profiles) is and will always be my favorite rifle in existance. That and the Mk12 of course.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#25]

I'll build it eventually Might try to find one and put it on my Xmas list for the gf. I'd really like it to be Colt but it would need to be a 14.7 so I pin an A2 and not look stupid.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#26]

I'll build it eventually Might try to find one and put it on my Xmas list for the gf. I'd really like it to be Colt but it would need to be a 14.7 so I pin an A2 and not look stupid.
View Quote

I have an extra threading spacer I cut (made 2 for my all Colt build)

So if you decide to go all Colt and snag a 14.5, consider my extra spacer yours.

I just got an FN 14.7 barrel yesterday and it is damn nice. Has a SF brake pinned/welded to it tho, to motivate me to go to a can friendly state.

Just beware, the 14.7 FN SOCOM barrels don't have 203 flats, not that it matters much.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:57:49 PM EDT
[#27]

So if you decide to go all Colt and snag a 14.5, consider my extra spacer yours.

I just got an FN 14.7 barrel yesterday and it is damn nice. Has a SF brake pinned/welded to it tho, to motivate me to go to a can friendly state.

Just beware, the 14.7 FN SOCOM barrels don't have 203 flats, not that it matters much.
View All Quotes

Forgot about using spacers. Thanks for the offer.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:28:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#28]
Originally Posted By GripnAK47s:
I probably missed it in this thread.... what are the markings on the DD 10.3 contract overrun barrels?

View Quote

Stoner25mkiv and I talked about it on page 1228. Stoner's barrel is for sure a Westernsport... I am about 95% sure that mine is... We never figured out what the markings are on the commercial barrels.

Stoner's barrel:
091320012-8
DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7
(The 8 on the end might be a B, but it is tough to tell)

My barrel:
081317207-B
DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

Does anyone have a commercial barrel that is not currently under a RIS II that they could look at and give us the details?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:31:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sbye:

Stoner25mkiv and I talked about it on page 1228. Stoner's barrel is for sure a Westernsport... I am about 95% sure that mine is... We never figured out what the markings are on the commercial barrels.

Stoner's barrel:
091320012-8
DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

My barrel:
081317207-B
DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

Does anyone have a commercial barrel that is not currently under a RIS II that they could look at and give us the details?
View All Quotes

Stoner's barrel:
091320012-8
DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

My barrel:
081317207-B
DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

No commercial here, but my Western Sport bbl is marked  
      091320077-B
DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:59:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AstraPat:

091320077-B
DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7
View All Quotes

Stoner's barrel:
091320012-8
DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

My barrel:
081317207-B
DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

091320077-B
DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

Just got confirmation from the guy I bought my barrel off of. It is a Western Sport. Now I am 100% sure
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:12:42 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Just pulled off my RIS II and my commercial barrel is marked:

DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:16:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By KCGewehr:

DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KCGewehr:

DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

Thanks and thanks!

I wonder what the B at the end designates..?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:25:45 AM EDT
[#33]

Just got confirmation from the guy I bought my barrel off of. It is a Western Sport. Now I am 100% sure
View All Quotes

Stoner's barrel:
091320012-8
DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

My barrel:
081317207-B
DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

091320077-B
DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

Nice. Doesn't suprise me with the # on your bbl. get a deal on it?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:28:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

I just cant bring myself to overpay for one of these. Still bummed I missed that deal on them.

May just have to settle for a Colt barrel (and spend more lol)
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:47:02 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Stoner's barrel:
091320012-8
DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

My barrel:
081317207-B
DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

091320077-B
DD F MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

Yeah I think so. I bought it from the gentleman two posts above yours lol.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:08:57 AM EDT
[#36]
DD F MP 5.56NATO 1/7
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:10:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Alright I am about to jump into a build. How "correct" would it be to take a colt SOCOM barrel and chop it to 10.3" for a build?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:11:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By livfreely:
Alright I am about to jump into a build. How "correct" would it be to take a colt SOCOM barrel and chop it to 10.3" for a build?
View Quote

In the words of MILSPEC, not correct.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:13:31 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Colt or GTFO
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:16:13 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Close. The only difference is the barrel profile from barrel nut to gas block. While the SOCOM profile is a better profile for heat syncing, the government profile is what's in use by the military on 10.3's.

P.S. I'd rather have the SOCOM, and nobody will even know it Is SOCOM as it'll be covered by the rail.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:23:54 AM EDT
[#41]

Close. The only difference is the barrel profile from barrel nut to gas block. While the SOCOM profile is a better profile for heat syncing, the government profile is what's in use by the military on 10.3's.

P.S. I'd rather have the SOCOM, and nobody will even know it Is SOCOM as it'll be covered by the rail.
View All Quotes

^ this is what I was thinking. I am sure there are examples of the CQBR/MK18 with a SOCOM profiled barrel in use somewhere in the .mil
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:27:53 AM EDT
[#42]

^ this is what I was thinking. I am sure there are examples of the CQBR/MK18 with a SOCOM profiled barrel in use somewhere in the .mil
View All Quotes

Maybe, but I think CD has even said he hasn't built one with it. SOCOM is heavier so I prefer the gov profile on CQBRs.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 4:58:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By dangerdan:
Wheres the best place with the best price on a SOCOM can?

Looking for a Socom 762 RC or RC2.
View Quote

Colonial Armory in TN had a good price on them last year when I got mine. I think the guys screen name is RangerWalker71 on snipershide.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By fridge72:
DD F MP 5.56NATO 1/7
View Quote

Thanks!

So I guess the only differences are the gas port and the B at the end of the number... I'm curious what that B stands for.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:06:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stoner25mkiv] [#45]

Thanks!

So I guess the only differences are the gas port and the B at the end of the number... I'm curious what that B stands for.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fridge72:
DD F MP 5.56NATO 1/7

Thanks!

We have a very limited sampling, but so far, the B suffix numeric barrels are contract run barrels with mi spec gas ports. Non B suffixed numbers are commercial brrels, presumed with .082 or so gas ports.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

Maybe, but I think CD has even said he hasn't built one with it. SOCOM is heavier so I prefer the gov profile on CQBRs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

Just double checked the Mk18 Mod 0 and M4A1 URG Techincal Repair Standard.  Correct barrel for both is the 10.3".   This barrel is a 14.5" Govt profile M4 barrel cut down by Crane to 10.3" and on the Mk18 Mod 0 the front sight base is left on.  On the URG, FSB removed and two dimples are added on the bottomside for the low profile gas block set screws to lock in.  I do not have the Mk18 Mod 1 TRS in front of me to check.  Standard barrels for SOCOM M4A1s 14.5" are either Govt profile or SOCOM.  I haven't seen any SOCOM barrels cut to 10.3".  Thats not absolute, just what I've seen.

CD
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks CD.

I found some of your post about using 14.5" Govs on the M4s but nothing that said you had done 10.3" SOCOMs.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Finally going to jump into the NFA world.  With the 41P looming I decided I better get on it so I should have my trust by Tuesday and then I'll send off a form 1.  I'm going to use my current Block I and re-barrel it into a Block I CQBR.  I'll probably sell the current pinned barrel and pick up a 16" Colt 6920 barrel and have it cut down by ADCO.  

The only real change besides the barrel swap will be trading the ACOG with my other Block I and using the Aimpoint Pro and Wilcox mount that I have for this one.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By HD2006:
Finally going to jump into the NFA world.  With the 41P looming I decided I better get on it so I should have my trust by Tuesday and then I'll send off a form 1.  I'm going to use my current Block I and re-barrel it into a Block I CQBR.  I'll probably sell the current pinned barrel and pick up a 16" Colt 6920 barrel and have it cut down by ADCO.  

The only real change besides the barrel swap will be trading the ACOG with my other Block I and using the Aimpoint Pro and Wilcox mount that I have for this one.

http://i.imgur.com/oJ0W3SLh.jpg
View Quote

It's about time muthatrucka.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

http://i.imgur.com/oJ0W3SLh.jpg
View Quote

I SBR'ed the exact same rifle; complete Colt SOCOM upper and CMMG lower. I have a MK18 Mod 0 but can't justify a CQBR build because you can't find the rail unless you buy a complete DD Mk 18 upper. Such BS we can't just buy the rail by themselves anymore!!
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 620 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top