User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1228 of 1567)
Page / 1567
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Wasn't a fan of the mod 0, so I'm slowly switching to the 1.5.

I have an extra 4 prong... might have to throw it on there and pick up another Surefire can.

Link Posted: 6/24/2019 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sbye:

I have an extra 4 prong... might have to throw it on there and pick up another Surefire can.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260726/20190624_195744-992191.jpg
View Quote
I, too, became a non-fan of my MK18 Mod 0 clone. That LMT rear sight and Aimpoint CompM2 stacked up behind the FSP created an unnecessarily cluttered sight picture. Then having a horrible time trying to zero my Aimpoint only to realize that my Wilcox mount had loosened up to the point of being wobbly, I said forget this. Was going to go Block 1.5, but had a random dude contact me on IG and ask if I had a Mod 0 URG for sale. I was like, "well, I didn't, but I guess I do..." Going back to Block II to have a matching rail buddy for my M4A1 Block II recce.

Your latest configuration looks rad!
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote
That 1.5 is nice. Pm me if you decide to part with the old peq now.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 10:39:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#4]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

I, too, became a non-fan of my MK18 Mod 0 clone. That LMT rear sight and Aimpoint CompM2 stacked up behind the FSP created an unnecessarily cluttered sight picture. Then having a horrible time trying to zero my Aimpoint only to realize that my Wilcox mount had loosened up to the point of being wobbly, I said forget this. Was going to go Block 1.5, but had a random dude contact me on IG and ask if I had a Mod 0 URG for sale. I was like, "well, I didn't, but I guess I do..." Going back to Block II to have a matching rail buddy for my M4A1 Block II recce.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks! The rear sight, large PEQ, and shitty light bothered me the most lol. I used to have a M4A1 Block II, but got rid of it because I never used it over my Block II CQBR... but a recce version I might be able to justify lol.

Originally Posted By wissota4:

That 1.5 is nice. Pm me if you decide to part with the old peq now.
Thanks! Unfortunately, I sold it on the EE in about 2 minutes a few weeks back. I sold the Mod 0 accessories to help fund a PEQ-15. The guy shipped it and it got lost in transit... He spent the money and never got insurance so I am currently waiting for PayPal to refund me
I have one PEQ-2 left, but it's staying on the mk12.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 10:56:21 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

Wait, you ended up selling the Mod 0 before your black NT4 was approved for it? lol

Kinda funny because after you purchased the NT4 the thought actually crossed my mind, "Wonder if he'll still have the Mod 0 by the time it's approved?" You do tend to swap around a lot ;p.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 11:07:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Mail call Monday. New piece for a new build. I will not post in here since it will be a 10.4 build

Someone remind me where the ideal place for an RMR cut is? ATEI, BattleWorx (in my old stomping grounds of CT), Jagerwerks? Looking to keep the factory 19x finish, but want the milled area coated so it is not raw aluminum? I will need supressor sights, most offer Ameriglow as an option. I have no experience with them, only Trijicon night sights i have on a M&P 2.0C. Thoughts on RMR cut, keeping factory coating, but also suppressor sights?

Link Posted: 6/24/2019 11:16:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#7]
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

I'm in the same exact boat. Just got my RM06 today. Battle Werkz just told me this am 1 week lead time for optic cut w/ no finish. 4+ weeks for Cerakote or nitride.

TBH I don't think there is much of an ideal place after watching the process. As long as they have a good mill and have your slide level, seems Purdy basic to do. Wish I still had access to a mill!

ETA your slide is made of steel BTW.
View Quote
Wish I had a print for this.
Lol was going to comment on the aluminum too.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 11:52:52 PM EDT
[#9]

I'm in the same exact boat. Just got my RM06 today. Battle Werkz just told me this am 1 week lead time for optic cut w/ no finish. 4+ weeks for Cerakote or nitride.

TBH I don't think there is much of an ideal place after watching the process. As long as they have a good mill and have your slide level, seems Purdy basic to do. Wish I still had access to a mill!

ETA your slide is made of steel BTW.
View Quote
Battle Worx told you they will cut the slide without refinishing the entire thing? i have read a couple threads here that indicate that Jagerwerks is one of the few that will coat without refinishing the entire slide. ***Steel slide, my B.

I'm not worried about the delay in work, i prefer it be quality work with quality coating more so that turnaround time.

Let me know what direction you end up going please.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 11:57:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By krdt:

Wait, you ended up selling the Mod 0 before your black NT4 was approved for it? lol

Kinda funny because after you purchased the NT4 the thought actually crossed my mind, "Wonder if he'll still have the Mod 0 by the time it's approved?" You do tend to swap around a lot ;p.
View Quote
Yeah, such is life I'm not sweating it, though. Taupe obviously looks great on the Block II builds, but it would not be worth the trouble and further delay to try and switch to taupe at this point. Black is seen on plenty of real life CQBRs and I'm running with it. Cerakote is always an option I suppose.

I do acknowledge that I swap around a lot. Guilty.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 11:59:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 12:01:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 12:02:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wissota4] [#13]

Get one damnit! Other than the 2 from RMR nubs, its literally just a flat shelf. Sooper easy
View Quote
Looks easy. Isn't there drilled and tapped holes?
If somebody on here could take some measurements I could do it. Just can't cerokote or whatever.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 12:43:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, such is life I'm not sweating it, though. Taupe obviously looks great on the Block II builds, but it would not be worth the trouble and further delay to try and switch to taupe at this point. Black is seen on plenty of real life CQBRs and I'm running with it. Cerakote is always an option I suppose.

View All Quotes

Yeah, if you wanted, refinishing it taupe would be super easy. Capital Armory will do it for $60 bucks.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By oneofus:
sopmod stock question:

There seems to be two different "tanish" colors for the stock from b5, FDE (matches magpul) and Coyote (more brown/bronze) which of these are considered the correct tan shade? or are neither technically correct and black gen 1 is the only right answer?

https://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/B5-FDE-vs-LMT-FDE.jpg
View Quote
@oneofus The top one in the pic is LMT FDE, and the bottom one is B5 FDE, the B5 Coyote isnt in that pic, but is darker and more poopier than the LMT.  I currently have the LMT FDE and the B5 Coyote (gen Juans).  I use the have the B5 FDE and it was much lighter, more like magpuls sand.

Pic Thread...  I just put a new Scout M300 on her.

Link Posted: 6/25/2019 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By justin51:
Recently got a RIS II for my build that is currently in a pistol configuration (SBA3).  Need input on my next big purchase: convert to SBR, or get a can?  I'm not super worried about being 100% correct with this build, but I'd definitely like to add to what I have by making/getting NFA items.  What do you guys think?
snip
View Quote
Buy the can first. During you 10-12 month wait, work on everything else to keep your mind off of the incompetence of the government's ability to timely process a piece of paper.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Afternoon  gents!

Had anyone ordered from RETRO RIFLES.com?

So I’m still working on my mk18 cqbr and I have on a coyote B5 sopmod stock.

I wanna switch my stock to the more correct black sopmod stock and they have one there that’s made in America that’s built to mil-spec.

Had anyone ordered any clone parts with them?
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Not sure if it’s been covered on here or not. Black Phase Tactical made a post on their FB page today, that stated they could get surefire RC1 cans. Just a heads up.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By alexA2:
Afternoon  gents!

Had anyone ordered from RETRO RIFLES.com?

So I’m still working on my mk18 cqbr and I have on a coyote B5 sopmod stock.

I wanna switch my stock to the more correct black sopmod stock and they have one there that’s made in America that’s built to mil-spec.

Had anyone ordered any clone parts with them?
View Quote
If you're talking about this, I'd stay very far away from that. One, it's not correct and two it looks like overpriced cheap junk.

You can get a proper Gen 1 B5 in black from Brownells and numerous other sources for $60-$100. Not the best price below at $95, but if you look around you can likely find it for less. Either way, I'd take a B5 all day over a cheap knock off.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-parts/buttstocks/ar-15-government-issue-sopmod-stock-collapsible-mil-spec-prod117746.aspx
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Honda4828:
Not sure if it’s been covered on here or not. Black Phase Tactical made a post on their FB page today, that stated they could get surefire RC1 cans. Just a heads up.
View Quote
And for the low, low price of only $1,600... holy shit, haha. You can buy direct from Surefire for less than that... $1,400. At that point, might as well just get an NT4.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#22]
And for the low, low price of only $1,600... holy shit, haha. You can buy direct from Surefire for less than that... $1,400. At that point, might as well just get an NT4.
View All Quotes
Holy shit! I didn’t see a price

I got mine last year from Au for like $600
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Yeah, for a second there I was thinking, "Oh, I wouldn't mind having another RC..." Then I saw the price; started slowly backing away, lol.

Since, as far as I know, there isn't a single distributor with RCs in stock, I'd wager BPT is literally just ordering them from SF for $1,399 like anyone can and charging $200 for the service.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, for a second there I was thinking, "Oh, I wouldn't mind having another RC..." Then I saw the price; started slowly backing away, lol.

Since, as far as I know, there isn't a single distributor with RCs in stock, I'd wager BPT is literally just ordering them from SF for $1,399 like anyone can and charging $200 for the service.
View All Quotes

Thanks, I wasn’t aware that you could still order them from surefire. Not that I’m going to @ 1400 anyways.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 2:24:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#25]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
Plus I think I saw a 30% off coupon in the EE.  Bringing it to little over 900 from surefire.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
Mail call Monday. New piece for a new build. I will not post in here since it will be a 10.4 build
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
Glad you got your head right and decided on the block ii again
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

EE LINK
View Quote
That's it. Not bad price to save 400 bucks
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
not to stir the pot, but no, you cant.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By BPT1775:
View All Quotes

I haven't tried personally because I have no interest in paying $1,399 for an RC (much less $1,599), but that's not what I heard.

In any event, you certainly can with a Golden Ticket and that's the only way it's a reasonable price anyway.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Bhavin22:

Glad you got your head right and decided on the block ii again
View Quote
Ha! Thanks man.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 5:04:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BPT1775] [#34]

I haven't tried personally because I have no interest in paying $1,399 for an RC (much less $1,599), but that's not what I heard.

In any event, you certainly can with a Golden Ticket and that's the only way it's a reasonable price anyway.
View Quote
the golden ticket is IMO the only way to go. the SF website is deceptive at best since what they advertise it for is below dealer cost (since its a non stocking item - direct from SF).

1599 for someone handling the paperwork and dealing with SF for a clone correct can is the only next logical source at a decent price. Im curious what geissele pays for the RC considering what SF charges everyone else. someone in here can tell you his experience with another dealer charging 1375 + 200 shipping / handling and what they said when he tried to purchase from them...

the point is, its an avenue to acquire the item. and its not even up there with the price of the wilcox risers, tanodized eotechs and g33's.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
you mean the coupon right?
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Yep that’s the stock I was referring to. I think I’ll hold off and get a B5. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks!
I was also looking at something used. I use my stuff so if it has a few dings or scratches it’s no big deal.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Isn't the coupon the "golden ticket "?
View Quote
That's what I'm asking lol
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#41]

the golden ticket is IMO the only way to go. the SF website is deceptive at best since what they advertise it for is below dealer cost (since its a non stocking item - direct from SF).

1599 for someone handling the paperwork and dealing with SF for a clone correct can is the only next logical source at a decent price. Im curious what geissele pays for the RC considering what SF charges everyone else. someone in here can tell you his experience with another dealer charging 1375 + 200 shipping / handling and what they said when he tried to purchase from them...

the point is, its an avenue to acquire the item. and its not even up there with the price of the wilcox risers, tanodized eotechs and g33's.
View Quote
PSA: Marc K (@azgunlord on IG) just announced on IG today that he is placing an order tomorrow (Wed evening) for Surefire RC1 suppressors, FDE, with the NSNs. Only 60 total units available, while supplies last. $1,100 shipped/each
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:00:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#43]

I was being your echo.
View Quote
You always have my back
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:22:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JLAudio] [#44]
Marc from AZMGO (arizona machine gun ordnance) will order you a RC1 with the NSN(i think all rc1's have NSN) for $1100 shipped. He just posted that on IG.

edit: looks like i was beat to the punch!
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Holy turnaround Batman! Thank you JT!

Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:10:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Comp MTwizzle

https://www.tacswap.com/post/5d12d099c923f50013555e66
View Quote
Oh my...
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:18:55 PM EDT
[#48]
There were way less than 60 of those cans from SF remaining after just a couple hours ago. Ask me how I know.

But yes contract surplus suppressors.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#49]
I think Surefire is still accepting Golden Tickets for the RC1s.
If they're still taking the tickets i think it's the best way to go if you want an RC1.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
There were way less than 60 of those cans from SF remaining after just a couple hours ago. Ask me how I know.

But yes contract surplus suppressors.
View Quote
Nice. I’m sure it’s been asked and answered before but do you own/work at a local gun store here in Texas? Hopefully close to Dallas.
Page / 1567
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1228 of 1567)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top