AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 621 of 1567)
Page / 1567
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By veeklog:

I SBR'ed the exact same rifle; complete Colt SOCOM upper and CMMG lower. I have a MK18 Mod 0 but can't justify a CQBR build because you can't find the rail unless you buy a complete DD Mk 18 upper. Such BS we can't just buy the rail by themselves anymore!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By veeklog:
Originally Posted By HD2006:
Finally going to jump into the NFA world.  With the 41P looming I decided I better get on it so I should have my trust by Tuesday and then I'll send off a form 1.  I'm going to use my current Block I and re-barrel it into a Block I CQBR.  I'll probably sell the current pinned barrel and pick up a 16" Colt 6920 barrel and have it cut down by ADCO.  

The only real change besides the barrel swap will be trading the ACOG with my other Block I and using the Aimpoint Pro and Wilcox mount that I have for this one.

http://i.imgur.com/oJ0W3SLh.jpg

I SBR'ed the exact same rifle; complete Colt SOCOM upper and CMMG lower. I have a MK18 Mod 0 but can't justify a CQBR build because you can't find the rail unless you buy a complete DD Mk 18 upper. Such BS we can't just buy the rail by themselves anymore!!

has been quite a few rails on the EE lately. not over priced either.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Could anyone fill me in on what a fair price for a tan insight dual pressure switch is? Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Not my add but this dude has a black front site for $120. Looks damn near brand new.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:30:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

It's about time muthatrucka.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5818/21856501469_6ebc948104_b.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HD2006:
Finally going to jump into the NFA world.  With the 41P looming I decided I better get on it so I should have my trust by Tuesday and then I'll send off a form 1.  I'm going to use my current Block I and re-barrel it into a Block I CQBR.  I'll probably sell the current pinned barrel and pick up a 16" Colt 6920 barrel and have it cut down by ADCO.  

The only real change besides the barrel swap will be trading the ACOG with my other Block I and using the Aimpoint Pro and Wilcox mount that I have for this one.

http://i.imgur.com/oJ0W3SLh.jpg

It's about time muthatrucka.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5818/21856501469_6ebc948104_b.jpg

I know I know, I've dragged my feet for too long.  After thinking about it for a while, it just didn't make sense to have two 14.5" Block I's.  My original idea was to keep the 14.5 upper on the SBR and add a 10.3 later, but I really don't want to buy another optic and all of the other upper parts.  It will a lot cheaper to just re-build the 14.5.  Plus I'll still have my Colt 14.5 Block I that should be finished next week.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CampbellJ:
Could anyone fill me in on what a fair price for a tan insight dual pressure switch is? Much appreciated.
View Quote

I think I paid $55 for a damn near new one on the EE this past summer.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AstraPat:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AstraPat:
Originally Posted By CampbellJ:

Okay, thanks. Found one for sale locally and the guy wants $150 for it. It sounded high but I had no idea what they were going for used.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Just double checked the Mk18 Mod 0 and M4A1 URG Techincal Repair Standard.  Correct barrel for both is the 10.3".   This barrel is a 14.5" Govt profile M4 barrel cut down by Crane to 10.3" and on the Mk18 Mod 0 the front sight base is left on.  On the URG, FSB removed and two dimples are added on the bottomside for the low profile gas block set screws to lock in.  I do not have the Mk18 Mod 1 TRS in front of me to check.  Standard barrels for SOCOM M4A1s 14.5" are either Govt profile or SOCOM.  I haven't seen any SOCOM barrels cut to 10.3".  Thats not absolute, just what I've seen.

CD
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
Originally Posted By livfreely:
Originally Posted By livfreely:
Alright I am about to jump into a build. How "correct" would it be to take a colt SOCOM barrel and chop it to 10.3" for a build?

Close. The only difference is the barrel profile from barrel nut to gas block. While the SOCOM profile is a better profile for heat syncing, the government profile is what's in use by the military on 10.3's.

P.S. I'd rather have the SOCOM, and nobody will even know it Is SOCOM as it'll be covered by the rail.

^ this is what I was thinking. I am sure there are examples of the CQBR/MK18 with a SOCOM profiled barrel in use somewhere in the .mil

Maybe, but I think CD has even said he hasn't built one with it. SOCOM is heavier so I prefer the gov profile on CQBRs.

Just double checked the Mk18 Mod 0 and M4A1 URG Techincal Repair Standard.  Correct barrel for both is the 10.3".   This barrel is a 14.5" Govt profile M4 barrel cut down by Crane to 10.3" and on the Mk18 Mod 0 the front sight base is left on.  On the URG, FSB removed and two dimples are added on the bottomside for the low profile gas block set screws to lock in.  I do not have the Mk18 Mod 1 TRS in front of me to check.  Standard barrels for SOCOM M4A1s 14.5" are either Govt profile or SOCOM.  I haven't seen any SOCOM barrels cut to 10.3".  Thats not absolute, just what I've seen.

CD

Thank you for the insight.  Do you think there would be any advantages in accuracy using the heavier profile of the SOCOM barrel?

Still think I am going to go with a cut down SOCOM and see what becomes of it.  I know a guy who new a guy that once was friends with a guy who has a cousin that knows a guy that  may be able to get a 10.3" SOCOM barrel onto a Mk18 and use it in service so I can be correct in my build.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#8]
IMO, in cutting down a SOCOM, you're looking at a barrel that will withstand heat better, not necessarily a more accurate barrel. I think it's a great 5.56 SBR option, but it's not correct for cloning in the eyes of the Gods.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Not my add but this dude has a black front site for $120. Looks damn near brand new.
View Quote

I saw that and talked to him about it.

The sight has no P/N markings, or any markings on it. Anyone else seen blank front sights?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By GripnAK47s:

The sight has no P/N markings, or any markings on it. Anyone else seen blank front sights?
View All Quotes

I believe some of the early ones had no markings
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By jparish62:

View All Quotes

I've also seen some of the taupe ones that have faded/worn to nothing.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

I had a Kac front sight years ago that did not have any markings.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By CloneDiseased:
IMO, in cutting down a SOCOM, you're looking at a barrel that will withstand heat better, not necessarily a more accurate barrel. I think it's a great 5.56 SBR option, but it's not correct for cloning in the eyes of the Gods.
View Quote

Having both, govt and socom, the govt is a better handling weapon, especially with a can. Now, I got no idea on the actual weight differences, but the socom coupled with my SDN6 feels like I'm lugging my MK12 Mod 0 around
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:

Having both, govt and socom, the govt is a better handling weapon, especially with a can. Now, I got no idea on the actual weight differences, but the socom coupled with my SDN6 feels like I'm lugging my MK12 Mod 0 around
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:
Originally Posted By CloneDiseased:

Yeah, I'm thinking the government profile would be better. I think it handling heat better is not going to be worth the extra weight. I've put a lot of rounds through my govt profile and the heat has never been so bad that I couldn't hold the handguard.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I may be unloading a bunch of Block 1, 2, MK18, and CQBR parts (EXPS, ATPIAL-C, DD URG, etc) because I am an idiot with cars.  If I do, I'll post here first so you guys get first dibs.  Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Also - StonerMK25 is the man.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:50:56 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Some knights parts are not marked. I have had multiple sights made by KAC not marked.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:16:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drewQ22] [#18]

You ACTUALLY got something from them? Who'd you fellate?
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By drewQ22:

Originally Posted By sbye:

Originally Posted By brodband8:

Originally Posted By dangerdan:

Wheres the best place with the best price on a SOCOM can?

Looking for a Socom 762 RC or RC2.

AU

He's right. Not the best place... but the best price.
That's where I got mine.. I doubt I'd do any more business w/ them though.  

You ACTUALLY got something from them? Who'd you fellate?
There was no fellatio going on. Just got lucky I suppose

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:32:31 PM EDT
[#19]

<a href="http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/sabroso1/media/F4D79D47-749D-49C1-9E6A-86AAB0763D4E_zpsd0mvlas8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/sabroso1/F4D79D47-749D-49C1-9E6A-86AAB0763D4E_zpsd0mvlas8.jpg</a>

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:34:11 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

<a href="http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/sabroso1/media/F4D79D47-749D-49C1-9E6A-86AAB0763D4E_zpsd0mvlas8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/sabroso1/F4D79D47-749D-49C1-9E6A-86AAB0763D4E_zpsd0mvlas8.jpg</a>

I agree.  The fellatio must have been performed in that hot tub.  Have I mentioned how much I hate hot tubs?  (I work on them daily.)
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:40:07 PM EDT
[#21]

I agree.  The fellatio must have been performed in that hot tub.  Have I mentioned how much I hate hot tubs?  (I work on them daily.)
View All Quotes

After mine (and a few others) experience, I am 100% certain that someone had a penis in or around their mouth
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:15:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Somebody feed me .223 or 5.56 and I'll feed you my RIS II FSP.

MILSPEC dun shot up too much ammo today and needs to replenish. Was worth it tho.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:06:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: schaffer] [#23]
Somebody feed me .223 or 5.56 and I'll feed you my RIS II FSP.

MILSPEC dun shot up too much ammo today and needs to replenish. Was worth it tho.
View Quote

Free shipping....http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/wolf-gold-223-ammo-ammo-can.html

My rifles chews through the gold stuff just fine
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#24]

I have an extra threading spacer I cut (made 2 for my all Colt build)

So if you decide to go all Colt and snag a 14.5, consider my extra spacer yours.

I just got an FN 14.7 barrel yesterday and it is damn nice. Has a SF brake pinned/welded to it tho, to motivate me to go to a can friendly state.

Just beware, the 14.7 FN SOCOM barrels don't have 203 flats, not that it matters much.
View All Quotes

I'll build it eventually Might try to find one and put it on my Xmas list for the gf. I'd really like it to be Colt but it would need to be a 14.7 so I pin an A2 and not look stupid.

So if you decide to go all Colt and snag a 14.5, consider my extra spacer yours.

I just got an FN 14.7 barrel yesterday and it is damn nice. Has a SF brake pinned/welded to it tho, to motivate me to go to a can friendly state.

Just beware, the 14.7 FN SOCOM barrels don't have 203 flats, not that it matters much.

Link to 14.7" FN SOCOM barrel?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

I'll build it eventually Might try to find one and put it on my Xmas list for the gf. I'd really like it to be Colt but it would need to be a 14.7 so I pin an A2 and not look stupid.

in for this as well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Just wanted to give you all a heads up, I threw up my TA01 ACOG in the EE.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:00:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#27]
Turnkey MK18/CQBR Upper and parts in the EE
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_159/1493412_.html&page=1
And if anyone in this thread, and only this thread wants that Noveske I'm selling - $999 and it's yours... Selling lots of good stuff right now in a hurry because cars.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By TNW:
And if anyone in this thread, and only this thread wants that Noveske I'm selling - $999 and it's yours... Selling lots of good stuff right now in a hurry because cars.
View Quote

Sounds like you're actually following through with something similar to the current quandary I am in myself.

Lexus is running insane deals on their RC-F right now. Let's just say there's a good chance I may be scrapping my two current projects, and blowing a good bit of my 2016 fun budget soon.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:15:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#29]
Can't say no to this C63 AMG that's staring me in the eye.
I'll knock small bits off for folks who frequent this thread.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

your light is a 600, not a 620
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 10Point3:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 10Point3:

Haha good catch - you were the one who IM'd me about that light when I first posted it right?  The lever on my 620 is stuck and I've been fiddling with it all day - probably cause the typo.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#32]
c63

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 5:00:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Screams "yeah I'm a soccer mom, but I'm still hip! Turka turka turka"

jk TNW
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 5:18:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#34]

Gotta have room for my non-existent (that I know of) kids, groceries (I don't cook), and my invisible girlfriends (single life).

Kidding ya clown... Getting the sedan version.

Now someone buy my shit!

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#35]

jk TNW
View All Quotes

jk TNW

AMG wagons are the hardest cars on the road.  Fact.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Hmmm sell Surefire 4P and buy other goodies or keep...
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
View Quote

You could sell the 4P and buy 10 F.A.G. SF4P airsoft "brakes" (F.A.G.=Fake And Gay)
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Back in the club, ta31 will show up later this week for it.
20151130_155026-01 by T B, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Sell it for sure. They go for about $85, encase you didnt know. Ill add $5 for shipping, cuz im nice
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Deal Alet on DD lite II 10.0 , yeah yeah I know its not a RIS but its damn close enough anddddd 60% off

https://www.westernsport.com/product/daniel-defense-ar15-lite-rail-ii-10-0/
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:38:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#41]

Sell it for sure. They go for about $85, encase you didnt know. Ill add $5 for shipping, cuz im nice
View All Quotes

Go sit in the corner and play with your RIS II FSP rail!

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By bjohnson425:
Deal Alet on DD lite II 10.0 , yeah yeah I know its not a RIS but its damn close enough anddddd 60% off

View Quote

Boooo.

The two most iconic parts are the rail and barrel length.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:49:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#43]

Boooo.

View All Quotes

Boooo.

*everybody starts throwing rotten fruit at BJ*
"GET OFF THE STAGE!!!"

P.S. I don't need that gas block anymore, ECP. Thank you anyways tho brother.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#44]

"GET OFF THE STAGE!!!"

View All Quotes

Boooo.

"GET OFF THE STAGE!!!"

"He doesn't even go here!"
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Boooo.

View All Quotes

Boooo.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#46]
OK Help. I am by no means a AR-15 Guru not even close. I just enjoy shooting the ones I own. However I have come to this site often and easily found my questions answered. This place is great! Enough sucking up. I just came home with a New Daniel Defense Mk-18 10 inch SBR. It has MK 18 RIS II Rails. I hunt with a .308 suppressed with a 762 SDN 6 AAC. My thoughts were that I could use it also for the MK18. I pulled the DD flash hider and put the 5.56 51 tooth mount on the weapon. I put the rockset and tightened it. I feel good about that even thought the flat started to hide behind the rail. Then I put the can on and HOLY CRAP is that a tight fit to the rails. Don't get me wrong it looks great very monolithic........but kinda scared that it is too close. Is this ok? Should I be calling AAC in the morning? I was really hoping it would work, but don't wanna blow up the new toy Day 1 (tomorrow morning). Any advice will be appreciated very much.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:04:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#47]
Originally Posted By Matt624:
OK Help. I am by no means a AR-15 Guru not even close. I just enjoy shooting the ones I own. However I have come to this site often and easily found my questions answered. This place is great! Enough sucking up. I just came home with a New Daniel Defense Mk-18 10 inch SBR. It has MK 18 RIS II Rails. I hunt with a .308 suppressed with a 762 SDN 6 AAC. My thoughts were that I could use it also for the MK18. I pulled the DD flash hider and put the 5.56 51 tooth mount on the weapon. I put the rockset and tightened it. I feel good about that even thought the flat started to hide behind the rail. Then I put the can on and HOLY CRAP is that a tight fit to the rails. Don't get me wrong it looks great very monolithic........but kinda scared that it is too close. Is this ok? Should I be calling AAC in the morning? I was really hoping it would work, but don't wanna blow up the new toy Day 1 (tomorrow morning). Any advice will be appreciated very much.
View Quote

Post a pic of it. Also, I thought 308 barrels/muzzle devices has a different thread pitch, no?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Most of the cans mount close to the rails with a 10.3.  I used an M4-2000 and it was a tight locklup, but works.  Same mount.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:09:15 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Aww man, 10.5" 300 blackout CQTR?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Which 51 tooth mount?

I am assume it's the FH. You can add a shim to it if you want.

This is a 10.3" barrel, RIS II MK18, and AAC 51Th Flash Hider with SDN6. It's fine.
Page / 1567
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 621 of 1567)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top