Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 38
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Added a few more parts today and thats about all I'll add for now.

IMG_1798 by rm2092, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]
IMG_1786 by rm2092, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
The gun says you're classy and sophisticated in European ways, but the cigarette butt says you're here to party.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#4]
THSF said they have 10 collapsable braces coming in next week, 8 are spoken for via preorder so this is your chance.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By M0244:
THSF said they have 10 collapsable braces coming in next week, 8 are spoken for via preorder so this is your chance.
View Quote
THSF?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:47:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: A-Mariner] [#6]
https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=57_123&product_id=397

Collapsible from Scott, arriving Saturday.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought one with the Collapsible Brace off GB only to find out it was non HP compatible. So, now I'm out near 70 to ship it back to B&T AND pay the 50 Bucks to have the HP Upgrade done.
SO BUYER BEWARE HERE. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE SERIAL NUMBER OF THE GUN AND CALL B&T BEFORE you decide to pull the trigger here. I A$$umed that one that came with the Collapsible Stock would be HP Compatible with all the videos out there that said the gun was now GTG. BS on that! I found out the hard way and this is one I purchased end July here.
Also, one of the main reasons that I bought the Pistol was that I thought that I would be able to later purchase a Glock Lower which is the non serialized polymer part. Well, again, after discussing this with B&T USA they now tell me that thy are going to make a Gen 2 with modular grips and forends and the ability to go full size to compact AND that gun will be the only one to accept the Glock Mags. Not happy here!!!
On another note, can somebody weigh their gun with the collapsible stock. The Pistol alone weighs in at 5.29lbs with the pic rails. The Collapsible with the GHW MOD1 is going to add quite a bit to that.
B&T is going full SIG here with all the quick non retro gradable changes. I was counting on that 147gr HP ability to shoot my 3 lug can & the ability to use the same mag as my Glock Pistols.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 6:23:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sqwerl] [#8]
deleted
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By johnnywitt:
I bought one with the Collapsible Brace off GB only to find out it was non HP compatible. So, now I'm out near 70 to ship it back to B&T AND pay the 50 Bucks to have the HP Upgrade done.
SO BUYER BEWARE HERE. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE SERIAL NUMBER OF THE GUN AND CALL B&T BEFORE you decide to pull the trigger here. I A$$umed that one that came with the Collapsible Stock would be HP Compatible with all the videos out there that said the gun was now GTG. BS on that! I found out the hard way and this is one I purchased end July here.
Also, one of the main reasons that I bought the Pistol was that I thought that I would be able to later purchase a Glock Lower which is the non serialized polymer part. Well, again, after discussing this with B&T USA they now tell me that thy are going to make a Gen 2 with modular grips and forends and the ability to go full size to compact AND that gun will be the only one to accept the Glock Mags. Not happy here!!!
On another note, can somebody weigh their gun with the collapsible stock. The Pistol alone weighs in at 5.29lbs with the pic rails. The Collapsible with the GHW MOD1 is going to add quite a bit to that.
B&T is going full SIG here with all the quick non retro gradable changes. I was counting on that 147gr HP ability to shoot my 3 lug can & the ability to use the same mag as my Glock Pistols.  
View Quote
It’s pretty well known Gen1’s don’t cycle HP’s.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 6:25:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
View Quote
But I think his point is the collapsible tailhook braces are new and came out well after the HP fix, so why would they put them on gen 1s? I would have believed one equipped with the factory collapsible tailhook brace is very recent manufacture as well.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
I believe the the serial number prefix is "US" followed by the two digit year of manufacture. I'm pretty sure all 2018 guns are gen 2, does yours have a "US18" serial prefix?
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
That's why it's important to do your homework first prior to purchasing!  These fine firearms ain't cheap so you need to know what is and is not acceptable to you as a buyer before pulling the trigger on one.  I love B&T's products, for me not firing HP on Gen 1's was not an issue that's why I kept mine.  Ya gotta keep in mind that these firearms are not Glocks nor do they need to be compared to one.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#13]
If anyone's looking for one Brownells has GHM9s for $1226 shipped right now with coupon code NDW. Lowest price I've seen in a while.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone know how to remove the selector?    I’m left handed and wanted to file it down so it stops dugging into my finger.   I’m left handed and know about the right side replacement part.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 3:23:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#15]
Originally Posted By mak0:
I believe the the serial number prefix is "US" followed by the two digit year of manufacture. I'm pretty sure all 2018 guns are gen 2, does yours have a "US18" serial prefix?
View All Quotes
I called and the person I spoke with told me those with the 17 as the first two numbers had the upgrades as well..... which is good because mine falls in that range
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AR15JoeL:
Does anyone know how to remove the selector?    I’m left handed and wanted to file it down so it stops dugging into my finger.   I’m left handed and know about the right side replacement part.

Thanks!!
View Quote
HBI Reduced Weight Safety Selector Springs for B&T APC and GHM
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By cedjunior:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bo1zfRHxbY
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cedjunior:
Originally Posted By AR15JoeL:

Thanks!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bo1zfRHxbY
Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 6:46:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sqwerl] [#18]
Safety Harbor replied to my email and said they're looking at doing KES stocks for the B&Ts.

http://www.safetyharborfirearms.com/products/kes-kompact-entry-stock
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 3:52:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: johnnywitt] [#19]
To remove the safety you can use the sharp end of a dental pick to depress in the tiny hole. I have to install my Franklin Armory Trigger when my gun gets back from B&T.

Anybody have a FA Binary Trigger installed yet & how do you like it??? I've run various subguns for a long time & really Kriss has it figured out with the 2 shot burst selector position IMO & essentially, that's what you're getting with a Binary Trigger, more or less.

BTW, ALL current B&T GHM9's are considered Gen 1's whether they have the HP Upgrade, or not,  according to B&T.

B&T is coming out with a new GHM9 Gen 2 that is modular, even to the extent of going full size to compact & being able to change to any AR Pistol Grip & different rails.

It would be nice if they would make a few Glock Lowers for the existing Gen 1's. I actually like the Pistol Grip on the Gen 1. Pic rails: well, at least they are durable as hell and I knew what I was getting into there when I bought the Gun.

Anybody with the Collapsible Braced version have any idea of which Q/D mount works best with the T1/2 regarding cheekweld? The SMG/SBR wire stock or the Techsmith Brace has more drop in it I think, so a lower co-witness mount would definitely work with that.

Maybe the gun will actually run more reliably with the B&T Mag over the Glock Mags. They sure have had many generations of guns that use that mag. I just was looking forward to being able to use Glock 33's, or 21's with a TT Mag Ext. that I could also stick in my Subgun.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#20]
If anyone's looking for one Brownells has GHM9s for $1226 shipped right now with coupon code NDW. Lowest price I've seen in a while.
View Quote
I wonder if the Brownells one has the threaded barrel?
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By sqwerl:
View All Quotes
Mine will be at my FFL on Monday, I'll let you know
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
I went ahead and grabbed one from Brownells too!
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Final setup for now ?

ghm9 by rm2092, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Any of you guys know if the active junky cash back works on firearms purchases at Brownells?
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 8:34:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mak0] [#25]
I picked up my GHM9 from Brownells yesterday, it is a 2017 production gen 2 with threaded barrel for anyone wondering. I suppose those are the most desirable right now, didn't really matter to me though either way since I only plan on using the three lug mount anyway but having threads if I ever need them is nice.

ETA: I'm surprised I haven't heard too many people talk about the stock triggers on these guns. I am really impressed with the trigger, it's surprisingly nice.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:21:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sqwerl] [#26]
I picked up my GHM9 from Brownells yesterday, it is a 2017 production gen 2 with threaded barrel for anyone wondering. I suppose those are the most desirable right now, didn't really matter to me though either way since I only plan on using the three lug mount anyway but having threads if I ever need them is nice.

ETA: I'm surprised I haven't heard too many people talk about the stock triggers on these guns. I am really impressed with the trigger, it's surprisingly nice.
View Quote
I picked mine up today from Brownells and it's the same. I like having the threaded barrel to share one can.

Mine has a great trigger but I'm sure it's too heavy for some people. It registered 7.5# on my gauge. It's probably half the take-up and creep of my Scorpion.

I bought this AAC 3-lug flash hider but I'm probably going to return it. I can just touch the thing and it's a ringing like a tuning fork. Not to mention the instructions say not to use it with bare threads or a knurled thread protector.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180817/d6bd0dc81f9c1aca7107d54bbe993446.jpg
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#27]

I picked mine up today from Brownells and it's the same. I like having the threaded barrel to share one can.

Mine has a great trigger but I'm sure it's too heavy for some people. It registered 7.5# on my gauge. It's probably half the take-up and creep of my Scorpion.

I bought this AAC 3-lug flash hider but I'm probably going to return it. I can just touch the thing and it's a ringing like a tuning fork. Not to mention the instructions say not to use it with bare threads or a knurled thread protector.

View Quote
That's a bummer about the AAC flash hider. I had been thinking about getting one, but I really hate the tuning fork effect. It also looks bigger than I had anticipated.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:
That's a bummer about the AAC flash hider. I had been thinking about getting one, but I really hate the tuning fork effect. It also looks bigger than I had anticipated.
View All Quotes

Yeah, the AAC isn't small or light. I'm guessing the B&T Vortex or the HK MP5 style birdcage isn't either, though. I'm thinking the B&T Vortex would have the same ringing effect so I wish I would've just paid more for an HK birdcage.

This is the B&T 5 prong Vortex for comparison.

Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:34:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#29]
Good lord! That AAC flash suppressor is gigantic! I’d have to pass on that as well. I have the Hk bird cage on my MP5N only because I have a Surefire 628 light and I’m trying to minimize carbon buildup on the light. It adds a little noticeable weight but not anything that requires a tampon check.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, the AAC isn't small or light. I'm guessing the B&T Vortex or the HK MP5 style birdcage isn't either, though. I'm thinking the B&T Vortex would have the same ringing effect so I wish I would've just paid more for an HK birdcage.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180817/345482740ea3e0a563a6da1fb873e5b5.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180817/c90eee4a7b561ffbccb9f6b4af42534d.jpg
View All Quotes

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180817/345482740ea3e0a563a6da1fb873e5b5.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180817/c90eee4a7b561ffbccb9f6b4af42534d.jpg
The B&T flash hider actually looks pretty cool on the GHM9 but 9mm has so little flash out of a ~7" barrel it's probably not worth the additional weight.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Attachment Attached File

Here’s how I’ve got mine set up.

Modified a Geissele SSA trigger to work in there and it’s probably my favorite firearm to shoot.

Now I’ve got to decide which B&T to get next
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Nulllogik:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/160528/0962492D-B75A-445E-B47A-8D3EA56B1901-643116.JPG

Modified a Geissele SSA trigger to work in there and it’s probably my favorite firearm to shoot.

View Quote
Folding brace? I've only seen the collapsible tailhook. Aware me on your setup.

My GHM 9's should be arrive at the gun shop monday. I can't wait!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:16:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nulllogik] [#33]
Originally Posted By CrimsonTideShooter:

View Quote
Folding brace w/tailhook adapter from Custom Smith MFG and his cheek riser. Just changed the name of his company from Tech Smith MFG.

The riser and tailhook adapter are both 3D printed but are very well made. I’m really happy with how it’s set up. It’s also able to be shot while it’s folded too.

Attachment Attached File

This is the area I removed material from the Geissele SSA to get it to function properly in case anyone was curious. Not suggesting anyone else try it, but it’s worked great for me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:44:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: A-Mariner] [#34]
Just a heads up there’s a killer deal in the ee on a new ghm9 compact with collapsible brace setup for only $1500. Should be gone any second considering I spent more than $2k on mine.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:09:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#35]
Originally Posted By A-Mariner:
Just a heads up there’s a killer deal in the ee on a new ghm9 compact with collapsible brace setup for only $1500. Should be gone any second considering I spent more than $2k on mine.
View Quote
Ditto, I saw that earlier and IM’d a couple of people. Can’t believe it’s still sitting. I wish I had a need for 2. BTW there’s also a NIB USW sitting on EE for 1525 for awhile, another steal, considering what they sell for..no connection to either listing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:14:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#36]

View All Quotes
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/160528/0962492D-B75A-445E-B47A-8D3EA56B1901-643116.JPG

Sent you an IM............got one of these
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#37]

Folding brace w/tailhook adapter from Custom Smith MFG and his cheek riser. Just changed the name of his company from Tech Smith MFG.

The riser and tailhook adapter are both 3D printed but are very well made. I’m really happy with how it’s set up. It’s also able to be shot while it’s folded too.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/160528/308D81A1-DB96-4A51-9265-AB4002CE7E92-643299.JPG

This is the area I removed material from the Geissele SSA to get it to function properly in case anyone was curious. Not suggesting anyone else try it, but it’s worked great for me.
View Quote
Do you think this “mod” would allow me to use a hi-speed NM 2-stage?

I prefer two stage triggers, have the super apc installed while is a light clean break its a single stage, the stock trigger felt closer to a 2 stage to me. I can even overlook the APC trigger setting back further er but I still crave the 2-stage.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Well mine came in today. Both of them appear to have the tri lug adapters and no threads, but maybe I’m missing something?

Both do have the updated feed ramps, so that’s a plus. I was hoping they had the threads though.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 9:12:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By M0244:

Do you think this “mod” would allow me to use a hi-speed NM 2-stage?

I prefer two stage triggers, have the super apc installed while is a light clean break its a single stage, the stock trigger felt closer to a 2 stage to me. I can even overlook the APC trigger setting back further er but I still crave the 2-stage.
View Quote
Maybe, if it fits width wise..

If it were me, I’d just pull the safety and see if it works without it since I found the limiting factor with the SSA was you couldn’t pull the trigger enough since it was hitting the safety.

Really, the smartest move would be to see if we could get a few is the plastic safety pieces and modify those to work.

The only reason I modified mine was that a replacement MBT was cheap enough and the amount of material removed was minimal (I could get the hammer to fall if I put quite a bit extra force into it).
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 6:43:08 AM EDT
[#40]
I talked to B&T a week ago about the barrels with no threads and there replay for now this is how they will be shipping out no threads.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 8:05:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By rm2092:
I talked to B&T a week ago about the barrels with no threads and there replay for now this is how they will be shipping out no threads.
View Quote
Can confirm. Both of mine are new stock and have no threads.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm picking up mine today 1430 with collapsing tailhook for 1430
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By backwoodsdrifter:
View Quote
Wow. They are essentially giving the 600 dollar brace system away?

That's crazy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By backwoodsdrifter:
View Quote
Where did you find one with brace for $1430? That's crazy

I thought I got a good deal at $1226 for the gun + $500 for brace purchased separately.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Finally picked up a brace adapter. Osage County Guns had it for $399 which is $100 less than anywhere I've seen one. Their price was a little high on the Tailhook but still less overall for the whole package.

Link Posted: 8/27/2018 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Hey guys just got a GHM9 this past week and got out to the range with it yesterday.  I had a disappointing experience with frequent double feeds, I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this.  I was using Winchester white box ammo and with 3 different magazines was getting double feeds mainly of the last 2 rounds in the mag.  I bought a box of CCI blazers and testing all the mags and didn't have any issues with that.  Is my gun just finicky or do you think I need to contact B&T? Serial starts with US17.  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Sandman56:
Hey guys just got a GHM9 this past week and got out to the range with it yesterday.  I had a disappointing experience with frequent double feeds, I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this.  I was using Winchester white box ammo and with 3 different magazines was getting double feeds mainly of the last 2 rounds in the mag.  I bought a box of CCI blazers and testing all the mags and didn't have any issues with that.  Is my gun just finicky or do you think I need to contact B&T? Serial starts with US17.  Thanks
View Quote
I have experienced that as well.    I don’t think the mags are that high of quality.

Stronger spring & / or metal  lips are needed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 6:28:46 AM EDT
[#48]
LOVE my GHM9, just were the mags were more like my Gen2 Sig MPX mags.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:17:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CrimsonTideShooter] [#49]
Is anyone else like holy crap impressed with the accuracy of their GHM9? I went out to the range yesterday and rezero'd mine with irons. After getting it on at 25 yards I was able to chew the center out of one of those little 3 inch shoot-n-see stickies.

This is with independence 115gr aluminum ammo. Standing. 25 yards with irons. Pretty damn impressive honestly.

ETA: Something of note is that I had to almost bury the front sight post to get it on target at 25 yards. It was shooting wayyyyyyyy low at first. My front sight post sticks up about 1/8 of an inch. It's sort of hard to pick up. I would prefer it not be that way but oh well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Also for anyone wondering, the folding charging handle is a HUGE upgrade.

It's a must.
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top