BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 38
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CrimsonTideShooter:
Also for anyone wondering, the folding charging handle is a HUGE upgrade.

It's a must.
View Quote
Is it a simple drop in replacement?
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mak0:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mak0:
Also for anyone wondering, the folding charging handle is a HUGE upgrade.

It's a must.
Yep! Just drops in like it would on a SCAR.

You just have to pull off the back cover so the bolt can slide back far enough (like if you were taking the bolt out to clean it) and the charging handle will key out/in to the receiver at the rear.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 8:06:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Yep! Just drops in like it would on a SCAR.

You just have to pull off the back cover so the bolt can slide back far enough (like if you were taking the bolt out to clean it) and the charging handle will key out/in to the receiver at the rear.
View Quote
@CrimsonTideShooter

What are the advantages over the stock and why do you feel it’s a necessary upgrade?  I’m tempted, but for $100 I’m interested to learn more about why you like it so much before diving in.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 8:07:41 AM EDT
[#4]
i want one pretty badly.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 9:24:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Pmbspyder:

@CrimsonTideShooter

What are the advantages over the stock and why do you feel it’s a necessary upgrade?  I’m tempted, but for $100 I’m interested to learn more about why you like it so much before diving in.  Thanks!
View Quote
Well I personally felt like the stock charging handle got in the way for me. It wasn't a bad shape, it is a lock like the ones on my SCARS, I just didn't like it on the GHM9.

With the new one, you can just charge the weapon and shoot. The handle will fold on the first shot and stay folded until you need to charge the gun again. When it's folded it's tucked away pretty good and blends in with the rest of the gun.

I do agree that the price is steep, but it's a quality piece for sure. I wish it was about 50 bucks instead of double that. But like with the SCARs I feel like we're going to pay a "cool tax" on all the parts for the B&T.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Very helpful, thanks man.  My only concern is my hand sits pretty close to the stock charging handle now.  With the folder, it looks like it extends forward another half inch or so which would hit my palm when it reciprocates

Definitely a “wish I could try before I buy” kind of thing
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#7]
What mount height is everyone using for T1/micro style sights?
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 12:26:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sqwerl] [#8]
deleted
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 1:36:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Just pulled the trigger and snagged a GHM45.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bestiller:
View Quote
Lol you are an addict my man.  Nice snag!
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
Good Lord........ we cant keep up with you
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 3:39:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#12]
Lol...I swore off the APC45 initially because of the insane magazine prices, but the lower MSRP on GHM45 made the disease of addiction kick in and I rationalized getting it in about 2 min when I saw THSF had them in stock. They’re not even shipping with owner’s manuals yet because they weren’t through printing them, so B&T is going to mail them. This 1st batch is supposedly going to be small with a larger lot to follow. Hopefully no bugs.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Dude I totally get the urge to get more. This GHM9 might actually be my favorite gun ever. It's just built so well and shoots so good. I own a lot of high end and nice guns, but this GHM9 is just my favorite I think.

I like it so much I bought 2 of them.

Now I want more. If you had the GHM9 what would be your next B&T purchase?
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 3:53:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChrisWMT] [#14]
Finally got mine but will be sending the upper to B&T on Tuesday for the updated feed ramps (US16 prefix). Picked up a T1 for it as well, just waiting on USPS.

Is anyone else's safety really stiff?

Link Posted: 9/2/2018 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ChrisWMT:
Finally got mine but will be sending the upper to B&T on Tuesday for the updated feed ramps (US16 prefix). Picked up a T1 for it as well, just waiting on USPS.

Is anyone else's safety really stiff?

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1862/44382546812_466a44e41e_k_d.jpg
View Quote
Yeah the safety on mine is a little stiff. Putting it from safe to fire is no problem but it's a little tough to put back on safe without adjusting my grip.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:04:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#16]
HB Industries sells reduced weight selector springs among other B&T accessories

https://hbindustries.net/store/product-category/bt-products/
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
Thanks for the link, might delete the right selector while I’m at it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Now I want more. If you had the GHM9 what would be your next B&T purchase?
View Quote
TP9-n if you want to stay in the PCC family or APC 223 if you want one of the finest semi auto rifles available.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 9:24:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the link, might delete the right selector while I'm at it.
View All Quotes

Thanks for the link, might delete the right selector while I'm at it.
I installed the HBI springs in my GHM9. HUGE difference and they give the perfect feel imo. I highly recommend them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone interested in the folding brace setup? Got it in a trade with the gun and I prefer the collapsible brace instead.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By iSlappaDaaBass:
Anyone interested in the folding brace setup? Got it in a trade with the gun and I prefer the collapsible brace instead.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/410134/19D9F60E-0BD4-4DD6-B38F-3E543BE713CE-662080.JPG
View Quote
Email sent.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Anybody know of sources with the folding brace in stock?
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sqwerl:
Anybody know of sources with the folding brace in stock?
View Quote
Here you go:
https://customsmithmfg.com
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#24]
So, the other poster asked what is the best Aimpoint Micro Mount for the GHM9. I find that with the Factory BUIS, which are excellent IMO, while using the Collapsible Brace, I have to cock my head sideways on the Brace to look through the BUIS. This is perfect for using the BUIS as they are intended- as a backup. What Mount have people used that they like. I was thinking a Scalarworks Leap in Lower 1/3. I think it's important to be able to see through the mount a little for spacial awareness and also to have an upright head position in a CQB/Home Defense scenario.

Also, has anyone used the Franklin Armory Binary Trigger yet???

I bought one from Brownells, but when I heard that you have to possibly remove material out of your receiver and I watched the MAC YT Video of him out running the unit, I'm inclined to just stick with the Factory Trigger in the gun. The Factory Trigger, btw, is excellent IMHO for a gun like this. I wouldn't want a Geissele S3G type trigger for my Wife, or Sons in a in a high stress Home Defense event (God Forbid).

Regarding the Charging Handle. I think the Factory has it right. I tried it on both sides and it's fine for ME on the left side with my grip on the gun, however, others that grip the gun on the magwell and/or with big Yeti Hands might find it problematic. I switched the CH back to the right side. If the gun goes into action with a round in the chamber the CH shouldn't even be a factor- just like an AR. The only issue, like ALL reciprocating CH's is that going around corners or barricades you need to train not to Malf. the gun.

Lastly, the safety is excellent on this weapon IMO. Even my tiny Wife has no problem disengaging this safety because of the large paddle. Getting the safety back on to the SAFE Position is a bit hard for her and she has to reposition her hand. Additionally, I can see where some with the aforementioned Bear Paws might want a Safety Delete, but with normal sized hands like me, it hasn't been an issue & my 9yo Kid actually prefers to manipulate the safety to the fire position by using his index finger to disengage the ambi safety if I just hand him the gun and don't interfere. He also, like the Wife, grips the gun on the front of the Magwell which makes it harder to hold steady with a Suppressor Mounted, but is no problem unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 12:24:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer but these don't appear to have a firing pin block. I wonder how prone these will be to out of battery detonation.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 12:52:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#26]
Originally Posted By sqwerl:
I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer but these don't appear to have a firing pin block. I wonder how prone these will be to out of battery detonation.
View Quote
Hadn't thought about that.

For comparison, does anyone know if the other contenders in the PCC/PDW space have firing pin blocks?
Scorpion Evo?
MP5?
Uzi?
Stribog?
AR15-9mm? (Pretty sure this one doesn’t)

(Edited to add:)  Don’t most modern weapons (including the above) have some sort of engineering or hammer/bolt geometry at work to prevent the hammer from falling/striking the firing pin until the bolt is all the way forward, thus (supposedly) preventing OOB firing?

To my limited understanding, doesn’t a FPB typically prevent firing unless the trigger is actually pulled (such as an unintended firing from a weapon drop, or “slam fires” from firing pin inertia as we see in AR pattern rifles indenting the primer on chambered but unfired rounds)?

My line of thinking (and hope, actually) is that there are other mechanisms in place in these weapons to effectively prevent OOB firings even if they do not have a firing pin block.

I am seeking to understand, not just argue, so I appreciate anyone who can enlighten me on this.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Kent:

Hadn't thought about that.

For comparison, does anyone know if the other contenders in the PCC/PDW space have firing pin blocks?
Scorpion Evo?
MP5?
Uzi?
Stribog?
View Quote
Almost certain the evo does. I know there’s a plunger I can manipulate on the bottom of the bolt. I can only imagine that it’s a firing pin block.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#28]
What height optic are you guys using with your telescoping brace setup?

I know a full cowitness mount will be best with the irons, but I want something lower (admittedly for aesthetic reasons) on a QD. Figured if the optic take a shit I’d just pull it off instead of shooting through it anyway.

Was thinking either Aimpoint T2 or MRO on a low QD mount. Just not sure if I will be able to get my eye down low enough to actually see through it with this brace setup.

Anyone have that and is it working well?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#29]
The guns just don’t look right with raised optics IMO...lol...I have low mounts on them, some QD some not .This set up isn’t a problem with the APC9 obviously because the BUIS is recessed but with the GHM9 and KH9 the folded BUIS obscure the lower FOV somewhat. I put Bobro low rider BUIS on the KH9 because of this, on the GHM9 I put the Aimpoint almost midway on the rail and the folded BUIS don’t bother me a much so I just kept the factory BUIS. The Trijicon MRO sits higher in its low mount and the folded BUIS is barely noticeable in the FOV.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:52:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CrimsonTideShooter] [#30]
The guns just don’t look right with raised optics IMO...lol...I have low mounts on them, some QD some not .This set up isn’t a problem with the APC9 obviously because the BUIS is recessed but with the GHM9 and KH9 the folded BUIS obscure the lower FOV somewhat. I put Bobro low rider BUIS on the KH9 because of this, on the GHM9 I put the Aimpoint almost midway on the rail and the folded BUIS don’t bother me a much so I just kept the factory BUIS. The Trijicon MRO sits higher in its low mount and the folded BUIS is barely noticeable in the FOV.
View Quote
I agree man I don't like the look of cowitness mounts and especially lower 1/3 on this gun.

The guy above who posted a pic with his aimpoint(?) on a fortis mount, that looks pretty good actually. But I'd still like a low mount.

Sounds like a MRO on a low QD mount should give just enough height to not see the irons but still look good and low.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#31]
ghm9 by rm2092, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:28:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rm2092] [#32]

I agree man I don't like the look of cowitness mounts and especially lower 1/3 on this gun.

The guy above who posted a pic with his aimpoint(?) on a fortis mount, that looks pretty good actually. But I'd still like a low mount.

Sounds like a MRO on a low QD mount should give just enough height to not see the irons but still look good and low.
View Quote
My optic is a Holosun 503GU and I have swapped the mount out for the Bobro and most likely sell the Fortis since I no longer need it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 8:02:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mskleinx] [#33]
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:25:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CrimsonTideShooter] [#34]
Originally Posted By rm2092:

My optic is a Holosun 503GU and I have swapped the mount out for the Bobro and most likely sell the Fortis since I no longer need it.
View Quote
Can you post a pic of the new setup please? I'd like to see it.

Thank you!!

ETA: Never mind, just realized it was you that posted the pic above. That actually doesn't look bad at all. Nice setup!
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Strong first post. Lol
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Strong first post. Lol
View Quote
My apologies.
I was rude to let my pistol do my talking.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 2:53:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#37]
CrimsonTideShooter, here is my KH9 with telescopic brace, Bobro low rider BUIS, and Aimpoint Micro in low mount. I actually like the cheek weld.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By mskleinx:
My apologies.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mskleinx:

Strong first post. Lol
My apologies.
I’m pretty sure that was a compliment
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#39]
CrimsonTideShooter, here is my KH9 with telescopic brace, Bobro low rider BUIS, and Aimpoint Micro in low mount. I actually like the cheek weld.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/0C6A699E-60D5-4A1D-AFF0-687ABEB6407E-671392.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/AB6857A3-0F3C-4881-B76A-29D87A109E79-671397.JPG
View Quote
Seriously pondering a KH9
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Just a PSA and no connection with it, but there’s a NIB GHM9 Compact model with a complete B&T/Gear Headworks telescopic brace adaptor for $2250 on EE. Not a smoking hot deal but being that these are unobtainable at the moment with no time table or knowledge of anymore coming maybe a deal for someone who’s wanting one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 5:11:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#41]
DEAL ALERT -- Brownells has the B&T GHM9 in stock for $1203 shipped ($1326 MINUS 10% coupon code "VA9", plus free shipping).

That is the cheapest "delivered to your FFL's door" price I've ever seen for one.

Note: the code is good TODAY ONLY (Sept 17), so if you want it you better move fast.

(It was still in stock as of the time of this posting)
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Kent:
DEAL ALERT -- Brownells has the B&T GHM9 in stock for $1203 shipped ($1326 MINUS 10% coupon code "VA9", plus free shipping).

That is the cheapest "delivered to your FFL's door" price I've ever seen for one.

Note: the code is good TODAY ONLY (Sept 17), so if you want it you better move fast.

(It was still in stock as of the time of this posting)
View Quote
Yup, very good deal. Even better than the last coupon deal Brownells did by about $20.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Just a PSA and no connection with it, but there’s a NIB GHM9 Compact model with a complete B&T/Gear Headworks telescopic brace adaptor for $2250 on EE. Not a smoking hot deal but being that these are unobtainable at the moment with no time table or knowledge of anymore coming maybe a deal for someone who’s wanting one.
View Quote
I think THSF has some as well.................
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 8:26:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#44]
Originally Posted By cyclone:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cyclone:
Yep, they just listed them today I think. “Gen 2’s,”...Glock mag compatible bolts apparently, I assume a  Glock magazine   lower is around the corner. In the picture it looks like the barrels are longer then the 1st release.??...may be my bad eyes though
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 9:29:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Montesf1030] [#45]
Pick up tonight from one of the LGS here in Orlando... Was lucky enough to get a B&T GHM9 Compact ... What an amazing looking gun ... Can’t wait to take it to the range
https://imgur.com/gallery/6oJhdEl
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Montesf1030:
Pick up tonight from one of the LGS here in Orlando... Was lucky enough to get a B&T GHM9 Compact ... What an amazing looking gun ... Can’t wait to take it to the range
View Quote
Congrats! Very Nice! You’re going to love it. Here you go

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 1:55:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OAK667] [#47]
Can someone post a pic of their GHM9 without the side rail?

Or confirm if there is or is not MLOK under those rails.

What is the barrel length of that Compact? 4.25in

Edited....
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Montesf1030:Pick up tonight from one of the LGS here in Orlando...
View Quote
What store? Do they have more?
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:

View Quote
I know where a Compact is in stock if your interested $1499.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:26:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#50]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Montesf1030:Pick up tonight from one of the LGS here in Orlando...
Tar Heel State firearms has GHM9 Compacts in stock

https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=17_122&product_id=435
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top