BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 38
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bestiller:

Congrats This B&T  fetish is taking over my life.
View Quote
I'm glad I don't have any B&T obsessions or addictions.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 3:38:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#2]
Originally Posted By dirtyharriett:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Congrats This B&T  fetish is taking over my life.
LOL Admitting that you have a problem is the 1st step....BUT, honestly I don't think you do have a problem, I don't know if too many B&T's has been shown to be detrimental....bank accounts aside. Only if B&T affinity coincides with HK affinity does it present a problem.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 3:53:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dirtyharriett] [#3]

LOL Admitting that you have a problem is the 1st step....BUT, honestly I don't think you do have a problem, I don't know if too many B&T's has been shown to be detrimental....bank accounts aside. Only if B&T affinity coincides with HK affinity does it present a problem.
View Quote
Well it looks like I have a B I G problem then... because I have even MORE HK's than I have B&T's.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 4:20:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M0244] [#4]
This cane across my FB and felt appropriate to share outside GD at the moment.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#5]
My addiction is deep: P26, TP-9 x 2, KH9, GHm-9 Compact and APC-9.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats Glad it's going to good home. Thanks for doing that. Now I can stop thinking about grabbing another one. This B&T  fetish is taking over my life.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Skullsoldier:

I don't think it has been sitting at all... I think he somehow got B&T to ship him just one more since he sold the first 9 so quickly.
And gone ;) had to add it to the stable. It’s the mullet of the sub gun world- business in the front, party in the back.
Congrats Glad it's going to good home. Thanks for doing that. Now I can stop thinking about grabbing another one. This B&T  fetish is taking over my life.
You guys are a bad influence...............I am strongly considering adding a TP-9 to the stable, to go with my GHM9, Zenith RS, and my 9mm Colt SMG pistol clone...........I think I may have too many 9mm "pistol/PDW" type guns
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By cyclone:
You guys are a bad influence...............I am strongly considering adding a TP-9 to the stable, to go with my GHM9, Zenith RS, and my 9mm Colt SMG pistol clone...........I think I may have too many 9mm "pistol/PDW" type guns
View All Quotes

I don't think it has been sitting at all... I think he somehow got B&T to ship him just one more since he sold the first 9 so quickly.
And gone ;) had to add it to the stable. It’s the mullet of the sub gun world- business in the front, party in the back.
That's not too many at all.  I would call that a good start.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 8:28:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#8]
Originally Posted By N_Parker:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By N_Parker:

Well, you have a point.................many consider them range toys, but I think they have a legitimate use as a PDW
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Ordered a ghm9 (standard) with the collapsable brace today. Can't wait! It also convinced me to buy my first suppresor, so I'll be in for a long painful wait for that. I had a scorpion for some time and really enjoyed it. I'm betting I'll enjoy this one even more, time will tell.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 9:15:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: A-Mariner] [#10]
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#11]
The compact model is calling my name, but I am going to wait to see what the “Gen 2” brings to the table.  I got my feet wet with my first B&T last month with a P26 as I didn’t want to miss out.  Not sure why, but ever since shooting a 9mm Colt AR years ago I have been hooked on 9mm carbines.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
Highly recommend the TP9. I have two and they are probably my favorite PDWs or at least tied with my PS90s. The TP9 is like having an MP7 except attainable and in a NATO caliber. Though finding a suppressor can be tough, mine are nearly as quiet as a suppressed .22 pistol using a large-volume can.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 12:50:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: evilyoda] [#13]

Omega 9K
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice!  Assuming you are in Yemen, why the brace instead of a stock?
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 6:13:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Does the compact have a 3-lug accessible by none proprietary cans?
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 8:50:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#16]
Another B&T added to the fold and yet again astounded at the quality. I honestly don't see how they can charge what they do and make a profit on these guns. I felt the same about the P26 that I got for sub 1k.
I know the APC9 buffer system and the Kh9 trigger systems are different from the GHM9 Compact but I would put the quality and feel of the GHM9 Compact on par with the APC9 and Kh9 which are a chunk more expensive weapons. Granted I haven't shot the Compact yet but it already feels like a winner and in the same league as the APC9 and Kh9.
I hope Scott gets my collapsible brace in soon, it feels naked without something on the rear end

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Another B&T added to the fold and yet again astounded at the quality. I honestly don't see how they can charge what they do and make a profit on these guns. I felt the same about the P26 that I got for sub 1k.
I know the APC9 buffer system and the Kh9 trigger systems are different from the GHM9 Compact but I would put the quality and feel of the GHM9 Compact on par with the APC9 and Kh9 which are a chunk more expensive weapons. Granted I haven't shot the Compact yet but it already feels like a winner and in the same league as the APC9 and Kh9.
I hope Scott gets my collapsible brace in soon, it feels naked without something on the rear end

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/IMG_1789-618357.JPG
View Quote
Looking good man... counting the days till I pick mine up!!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Dirtyharriett, you won't be disappointed.
Collapsible brace. Aimpoint Micro, and moving charging handle to left side and I'm done.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Just got my compact model in a few days ago, slapped on my retractable B&T stock with the tailhook and she's looking sweet!  Definitely glad I waited on this since I decided to submit a Form 1 SBR for it.

Before you ask:  I have pics but no hosting site to use.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Just installed the HB Industries charging handle and safety selector delete.  Huge improvement in grip and charging.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 3:02:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dirtyharriett] [#21]
I finally got down to see Scott at Tar Heel State Firearms to pick up my B&T GHM9 compact. As always Scott is beyond amazing to deal with... I picked up several more goodies and some ammo besides the GHM9 compact. I am truly happy to add this baby to my B&T family. I will take a new B&T group pic soon when a few more tax stamps come back but for now I'll just post a pic of my GHM9 compact below.

Link Posted: 7/29/2018 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#22]
That's a sweet setup!
I'm thinking I'm going to remove the 9 and 3 o'clock rails as well, it looks better without them IMO.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#23]
The only reason I come here is to look at the pictures.

I hate you guys for making me question why I have a scorpion.

with sincerity,

screw you guys.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By jsha22lr:
The only reason I come here is to look at the pictures.

I hate you guys for making me question why I have a scorpion.

with sincerity,

screw you guys.
View Quote
Yeah, I know what you mean... I used to have TWO scorpions... a pistol and the carbine... even SBR'd the pistol. Needless to say I got rid of BOTH of them after getting into B&T... YMMV
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Has anyone else noticed empty magazines do not drop free when the bolt is locked to the rear? Trying to determine if this is across the board or just an issue with my GHM9
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Normal on my B&T's.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Saber_Dart:
Has anyone else noticed empty magazines do not drop free when the bolt is locked to the rear? Trying to determine if this is across the board or just an issue with my GHM9
View Quote
Per B&T when I inquired about this, they informed me that it's by design.  They said in Europe they do not want the mags dropping freely.  To me it makes no difference on any non  AR platform if the mags drop or not.  I know on my APC45 and APC9 it doesn't drop freely, I just yank it off with the same hand that I use to reinsert a fresh mag.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone have any info on the ghm45 ? I’ve seen it mentioned that a few are going to hit the market in the next couple weeks or so.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Finally got it in! I think I'm going to use the HBI reduced power safety springs. Other than that, just waiting for my Griffin Revo9 to get out of jail to make this thing complete. Everything feels great, and I was VERY impressed with the trigger. I think it's the perfect weight for a defensive gun. I'f I could afford more B&T's, I'd buy them. I sold a SCAR16 and a Eotech/G33 combo to purchase this and the Revo9. I have't shot live rounds through it, but since I have AR's, I think I'll value this suppressed more than I did the SCAR.

Link Posted: 7/30/2018 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#30]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/IMG_1789-618357.JPG
View Quote
Any chance you could do a side by side of the ghm9 compact next to the P26?
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#31]
I picked up one a week ago.   Very happy with it.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By AR15JoeL:
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l488/AR15JoeL/65B9510D-7224-4A5F-8AD7-70379969931E_zpsmrjvozop.jpg
View Quote
What model EoTech is that? I am looking for a red dot for mine
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR15JoeL:
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l488/AR15JoeL/65B9510D-7224-4A5F-8AD7-70379969931E_zpsmrjvozop.jpg
XPS2-0 on a LaRue mount.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 2:33:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sqwerl] [#34]
If you buy the collapsible/telescopic brace and tailhook, then you SBR the gun, how hard is it to remove the tailhook and add the factory butt plate that's originally shipped with the stock assembly? Assuming you can find just the butt plate.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I finally got down to see Scott at Tar Heel State Firearms to pick up my B&T GHM9 compact. As always Scott is beyond amazing to deal with... I picked up several more goodies and some ammo besides the GHM9 compact. I am truly happy to add this baby to my B&T family. I will take a new B&T group pic soon when a few more tax stamps come back but for now I'll just post a pic of my GHM9 compact below.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121296/B_T_GHM9_compact_with_Omega9k-622984.jpg
View Quote
WOW!  Nice addition to the wall! Amazing as always.

How does it feel compared to the TP9, balance wise?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By FADALdude:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FADALdude:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121296/B_T_GHM9_compact_with_Omega9k-622984.jpg

Let me answer this question after my B&T TP9 suppressor tax stamp comes back. I will be able to give a more detailed report at that time.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By sqwerl:
If you buy the collapsible/telescopic brace and tailhook, then you SBR the gun, how hard is it to remove the tailhook and add the factory butt plate that's originally shipped with the stock assembly? Assuming you can find just the butt plate.
View Quote
It's just removing 4 screws and replacing with the buttstock.  I'm doing that on my GHM9 compact when I receive my stamp back.  B&T has dealers that sells the buttstock piece on own.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 9:44:46 PM EDT
[#38]
My local dealer just got one so I GRABBED it, question why does mine not have the threaded barrel also with the thread protector ?

b&t by rm2092, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 10:01:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By rm2092:
My local dealer just got one so I GRABBED it, question why does mine not have the threaded barrel also with the thread protector ?

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1834/42065275870_c0caa60eef_k.jpgb&t by rm2092, on Flickr
View Quote
That’s interesting and the first one I’ve seen without the threaded barrel.

I wonder if it was intensional?
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#40]

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1834/42065275870_c0caa60eef_k.jpgb&t by rm2092, on Flickr
View Quote
Looks like it could be a thread protector with no knurling?
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 11:02:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#41]
That's interesting, It looks like an APC9 barrel (which isn't threaded).
I've never understood the reasoning behind which B&T 9mm models had threaded barrels. I would think the highest end model would have a threaded barrel but it doesn't, (neither does the KH9) yet the P26 came standard with a threaded 3 lug barrel as well as the GHM9, or so I thought until seeing this photo. Is it  possible the latest GHM9s don't come with threaded barrels? I have all the 9mm B&T models except the GHM9, which I passed on because it was during the midst of the HP ammo cycling issue with the Gen 1's, which they quickly remedied but I decided to wait for the GHM9 Compact.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 6:23:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Is it  possible the latest GHM9s don't come with threaded barrels?
View Quote
I hope they don’t as I don’t see a need for the threads with a 3 lug. If fact, it’s a deterrent. The thread protectors cause nothing but issues when running a 3 lug with is far superior.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 8:42:14 AM EDT
[#43]
FWIW the photos on B&T's site show the same apparently non threaded barrel: https://www.bt-ag.ch/shop/eng/bt-ghm9-2/bt-semi-automatic-carbine-ghm9-cal-9-x-19-mm
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 8:48:38 AM EDT
[#44]
My GHM9 Compact only came with the threaded barrel and no 3 - Lug.  Kinda wish it was the other way around since my cans are set up with 3 lugs.  Either way, I love my Compact!
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By michealj:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By michealj:

Mine was brand new and did not have a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Rob21SF:
My GHM9 Compact only came with the threaded barrel and no 3 - Lug.  Kinda wish it was the other way around since my cans are set up with 3 lugs.  Either way, I love my Compact!
View Quote
That's correct, the Compacts only come with a threaded barrel and no 3 lug. The full size GHM9, as for as I know (until seeing this post) , came with both threaded and 3 lug barrel. I'll take 3 lug by itself any day.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#47]
That's correct, the Compacts only come with a threaded barrel and no 3 lug. The full size GHM9, as for as I know (until seeing this post) , came with both threaded and 3 lug barrel. I'll take 3 lug by itself any day.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rob21SF:
Mine has both...... I prefer the 3 lug, but will take both
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Clarification, I always prefer both 3 lug and threads but if I can only have 1, I'd take 3 lug.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Clarification, I always prefer both 3 lug and threads but if I can only have 1, I'd take 3 lug.
View Quote
Same here brother!  Now I'm patiently waiting for the big brother GHM45.  Thant's my next target.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#50]
I called B&T this morning regarding my barrel and they told me as of right now all new models will not have the threaded barrel, may change latter down the road she says.
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top