Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 13
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 10:11:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Buds site now says $374 for a Draco, I'm gonna shop around a bit.
Link Posted: 1/7/2011 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered mine from Centerfire Monday, picked it up at my FFL yesterday. $329.99 plus shipping & CC fee came out to a little over $350. Overall it looks okay, maybe a slight cant to the FSB, fair amount of cosmoline and typical awful Romanian wood that I replaced with a set of Mak-90 hand-guards I already had. I got it with intention of SBR'ing it later this year.
Link Posted: 1/7/2011 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Spooky574:

Mine came in from Atlantic today for $355 total.

I'm picking it up from my FFL tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#4]
What does the C indicate?
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mrstang01:
What does the C indicate?

Here is a quick reference for you:
'C" vs Non "C"
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Paid $400 for mine in a face-to-face transaction from a local dealer. Obviously that's a little more expensive than what's available online but I didn't have to pay for shipping or a tranfer fee. $429 with taxes and the background check. The big thing for me is that I wasn't buying sight-unseen. I had 3 to choose from. WIth CIA's somewhat checkered reputation I wanted to be able to inspect my purchae firsthand. Ran some snap-caps through it, put my money on the counter, walked out a happy customer.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 11:41:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By B2Tall:
I had 3 to choose from.

I hear ya, it's always nice to have multiples to choose from.
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Paid $400 for mine in a face-to-face transaction from a local dealer. Obviously that's a little more expensive than what's available online but I didn't have to pay for shipping or a tranfer fee. $429 with taxes and the background check. The big thing for me is that I wasn't buying sight-unseen. I had 3 to choose from. WIth CIA's somewhat checkered reputation I wanted to be able to inspect my purchae firsthand. Ran some snap-caps through it, put my money on the counter, walked out a happy customer.
I did exactly the same thing. Mine was $397 out the door, but it was worth it to choose between a few guns considering Century's spotty reputation, although on this gun all they did was import it.  In my mind it's worth a few extra bucks to look for the best one, take it home with you that minute, & support the local dealer.  GARY  N4KVE

Link Posted: 1/20/2011 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By N4KVE:
I did exactly the same thing. Mine was $397 out the door, but it was worth it to choose between a few guns considering Century's spotty reputation, although on this gun all they did was import it.  In my mind it's worth a few extra bucks to look for the best one, take it home with you that minute, & support the local dealer.  GARY  N4KVE

I hear ya, it's always nice to be able to choose from a few on hand if you have the opportunity. I didn't have this chance when buying my 2 Draco's, but I am trying to track down a "C" model through a local dealer so I can choose from a few this time around.
Link Posted: 1/21/2011 5:57:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Buds just dropped the price to 341
Link Posted: 1/21/2011 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By arcrazed:

Their website says $374 w/free shipping. I don't see $341 anywhere?
Link Posted: 1/21/2011 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By haLfLiFe:

Their website says $374 w/free shipping. I don't see $341 anywhere?

I swear when I posted that the website said 341. I was going to order it but  hesitated because I have something else pending.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#13]

That sucks, I already bought one from Centerfire.  Oh well.

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 11:34:28 PM EDT
[#14]

That sucks, I already bought one from Centerfire.  Oh well.

You did good. Buds is showing 374 again.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 12:12:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: haLfLiFe] [#15]
The front page has been changed to reflect prices from lowest-highest.

Cheapest place to get one as of today is Classic Arms @ $329.95 +shipping.  Their shipping from my two experiences with them was just about $25. They just revamped their entire inventory for the future and are selling everything on the site at a discount to clean out inventory.

Classic Arms

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I am trying to buy my 3rd Draco and want a "C" this time around.

I have been calling each dealer to see who has a "C" model in stock and it appears the only dealer may be Bud's Gun Shop.

Just an FYI if you ever decide to call them be prepared to wait. I was #10 in line when I called and it took about 30min to get CS. The guy I spoke to is talking with the warehouse to verify if they are "C" models. It's looking up since a few guys who posted a few pages back in this thread bought from Bud's and they both got "C" models. I hope they still have some of em left......
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Try Midwest gun exchange 574-257-0020 contact:Dave Robertson
$329.99 each shipping: approx. $30.00, two mags included
had some in stock.tell him your an ar15.com member.
Just ordered one "c" version.
good luck!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 762x39nut:
Try Midwest gun exchange 574-257-0020 contact:Dave Robertson
$329.99 each shipping: approx. $30.00, two mags included
had some in stock.tell him your an ar15.com member.
Just ordered one "c" version.
good luck!

Thanks bro, I appreciate the info. I will add him to the list of dealers.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 11:25:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: haLfLiFe] [#19]
I called Midwest Gun Exchange and spoke to Dave this morning. He is a really nice guy and after speaking to him for about a half hour he put his hands on a "C" model and answered some questions to make sure we were talking about the same thing. He confirmed that all 126 Draco's he has in stock are "C" models. He said to make sure you mention you are an AR15.com member and he will sell it to you for $329.99 + $30 flat rate shipping.

I ordered my third Draco and I am really thrilled to add a "C" model to my collection.
Link Posted: 2/4/2011 12:05:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I just ordered mine. Dave seemed like a really cool guy to deal with. I
wish they were local, I would definitely deal with them again. I highly
recommend them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:12:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Will Midwest Gun Exchange check /insure that the sights are straight or is this a non-issue w C models? My bros and I may order 3 this week! AL just changed it's SBR laws so we are getting in onthe action!

Also, what kind of work are we talking about to put an AKM type underfolder on a C w the uf trunnion? Is this lay-person posssible? Has it been done yet?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By FiveO:

Will Midwest Gun Exchange check /insure that the sights are straight or is this a non-issue w C models? My bros and I may order 3 this week! AL just changed it's SBR laws so we are getting in onthe action!

Also, what kind of work are we talking about to put an AKM type underfolder on a C w the uf trunnion? Is this lay-person posssible? Has it been done yet?

Thanks!

I asked Dave when I ordered mine to ensure the sights were not canted and he told me no problem. I am not sure about the underfolder though. Something I still have to research some.

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I had Dave personally check my sights before shipping and he said there were no issues.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:47:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: haLfLiFe] [#24]
Update:

I removed Henderson Defense from our list of dealers. I IM'd them over a week ago since they are an Industry Partner to ask a few questions. Whoever represents them on here has logged back on everyday since I sent an IM and has decided to overlook any questions I had.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 5:47:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spooky574] [#25]
I ordered a Draco from Centerfire Systems for $329.99.  It was shipped quickly and arrived in excellent condition.  It is not a "C" model and has the pistol trunion.  The front sight seems to be fairly straight, but I'll see if it's canted at all after I add the Ultimak upper and lower rails.  Everyone seems to be sold out of the compact rail though so it might be a while.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I just bought one from Champion Firearms in College Station for $339. It only came with one magazine though, I thought they came with two...
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 11:31:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: N4KVE] [#27]
Originally Posted By BillythePoet:
I just bought one from Champion Firearms in College Station for $339. It only came with one magazine though, I thought they came with two...

Mine did come with 2 mags, but my box was sealed from the factory. I guess Champion opened your box & grabbed 1 mag to make an extra $10. I guess it all adds up, & that's how they made an extra $10 on you.  GARY  N4KVE
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By N4KVE:
Originally Posted By BillythePoet:

Mine did come with 2 mags, but my box was sealed from the factory. I guess Champion opened your box & grabbed 1 mag to make an extra $10. I guess it all adds up, & that's how they made an extra $10 on you.  GARY  N4KVE

I noticed that with mine too.
When they opened the box there were 2 mags inside. When I was checking out and took a look in the box a second time I only seen 1 mag. I asked what happened with the 2nd mag, and I was told they come with 2, but only sell them with 1. WTF??
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#29]
All dealers do different things. My two non "C" Dracos came w/ 2 mags, I am waiting on my "C" model and its suppose to come w/ 2 mags.

All in all where there is a buck to be made some people just can't refrain from getting over on someone.
Link Posted: 2/10/2011 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, I figured it was something like that. My buddy bought one there a month ago and it came with two. I mentioned it to the sales guy and he said that they must just be shipping with one now...
Link Posted: 2/10/2011 11:14:35 PM EDT
[#31]

I ordered a Draco from Centerfire Systems for $329.99.  It was shipped quickly and arrived in excellent condition.  It is not a "C" model and has the pistol trunion.  The front sight seems to be fairly straight, but I'll see if it's canted at all after I add the Ultimak upper and lower rails.  Everyone seems to be sold out of the compact rail though so it might be a while.
I'm curious. What did they charge you for shipping?  Their web page won't tell you what it is till you're billed which  I do not like.

Link Posted: 2/11/2011 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Got mine from Midwest Gun Exchange yesterday and I am very happy with the transaction. As Dave promised, it was a Draco-C and had straight sights. The only complaint I could possibly have is one of the magazines was pretty beat up, but for the price, I could buy a few more brand new mags and still be ahead of others price wise. Thanks Dave, you have a happy customer. I will post pics in about a week when I get back from my vacation.
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I also received my Draco "C" from Midwest Gun Exchange yesterday. Really nice folks and the pistol is as stated w/ no canted sights or other issues. Both of my mags were new and in perfect condition, sorry to hear about the one's you rec'd aperdue.
Link Posted: 2/19/2011 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Just wanted to post a pic of the Draco C i received from midwest. Man this thing is a beast:

Link Posted: 2/19/2011 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By aperdue:

Just wanted to post a pic of the Draco C i received from midwest. Man this thing is a beast:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t120/adam_perdue/DSC_0741.jpg

I ordered on last week from Dave at Midwest....can't wait for it to get here!

Link Posted: 2/21/2011 4:08:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nefarious7907] [#36]
Just called midwest gun exchange and theyre sold out

Centerfire is sold out

Classic Arms is sold out

Buds Gun shop has 2 different models and they appear to be the same the only thing their rep could tell me is that the more expensive of the two was shorter and had a different grp
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 6:32:17 PM EDT
[#37]
wow. Dave wasn't kidding. He said they were flying of the shelves.
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm glad everyone got one, after I posted Midwest had them.
Now, is it true Century cannot get anymore Dracos?
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By JoeCoastie:

wow. Dave wasn't kidding. He said they were flying of the shelves.
Once again, we show the power of ARFCOM

Link Posted: 2/21/2011 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#40]
I am glad I got mine. Dave shipped it out Thursday.
ARF.com rules.
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 8:39:00 PM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By Ekalb2000:

ARF.com rules.
Did he send you a confirmation in an e-mail?

I can't remember which e-mail address I gave him.

Link Posted: 2/21/2011 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#42]

I didnt get one

Classic Arms said Century should be shipping more out to dealers in 2-4 weeks
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Nefarious7907:

Buds Gun shop has 2 different models and they appear to be the same the only thing their rep could tell me is that the more expensive of the two was shorter and had a different grp

I reported back earlier in this thread about Bud's Gun Shop. I spent a lot of time on the phone w/ them to verify whether or not they were selling Draco "C" models or non-"C" models so I could report back on here and buy one.

It took them a few days to get a in touch w/ their warehouse, but I finally got the answer. They cannot tell me one way or the other what they have. Kinda sad IMO, but hey that's why you move on to other dealers.
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#44]

I really appreciate you informing us of Midwest Gun Exchange. They were the only dealer on our list that could verify they had Draco "C" models for sale and would actually put their hands on one to answer questions. Great CS and I was more than happy to give Dave my money.
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 1:23:27 PM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By haLfLiFe:

I really appreciate you informing us of Midwest Gun Exchange. They were the only dealer on our list that could verify they had Draco "C" models for sale and would actually put their hands on one to answer questions. Great CS and I was more than happy to give Dave my money.

+1

Link Posted: 2/22/2011 8:46:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ekalb2000] [#46]

ARF.com rules.

No.
I called him the first time last Tuesday. Then a couple days later I checked my credit card. And there was no posting or pending payment on it. So I call Dave backup, Short story, He got swamped (very understandable) and for got to mail it and take my payment until Thursday. He guaranteed me it would ship that day. All is good in the land of Draco. Well, it will be when my FFL guy calls.
But I dont remember givin him my email address
If they had more I would defiantly deal with them again.

Andy
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#47]

ARF.com rules.

No.

I called him the first time last Tuesday. Then a couple days later I checked my credit card. And there was no posting or pending payment on it. So I call Dave backup, Short story, He got swamped (very understandable) and for got to mail it and take my payment until Thursday. He guaranteed me it would ship that day. All is good in the land of Draco. Well, it will be when my FFL guy calls.

But I dont remember givin him my email address

If they had more I would defiantly deal with them again.

Andy
Yeah, I couldn't remember giving him my email addy so..... anyway, he sent me a message today. Mine should have shipped either today or tomorrow at the latest!

Link Posted: 2/26/2011 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#48]
If you are purchasing from BudsGunshop get the model CIA HG2159N which IS the Draco-C (no cleaning rod)
the other model CIA HG1916N is the 12.25" barrel which comes with cleaning rod but no underfolder rear trunnion
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 7:48:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By R7stag:
If you are purchasing from BudsGunshop get the model CIA HG2159N which IS the Draco-C (no cleaning rod)
the other model CIA HG1916N is the 12.25" barrel which comes with cleaning rod but no underfolder rear trunnion

Good info, we appreciate the info.
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Does anyone know if the models sold by Classic Arms were C models or not?

Thanks
Page / 13
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top